PDA

View Full Version : Despite the SCOTUS, Obama Retains the Freedom & Right to Block Voter Suppression Laws

paul alan
08-28-2013, 03:16 PM
The Supreme Court, in it's extremist, Conservative wisdom, chose to give the Southern racist States, the freedom to MAKE voter suppression laws.

However, the spike in the Court's big toe, is the right President Obama retains to direct his Attorney General to BLOCK each and every one of this unconstitutional laws.

And he will ....

:)

roadmaster
08-28-2013, 03:25 PM
The north is more racist than the south has ever been.

paul alan
08-29-2013, 03:53 PM
The north is more racist than the south has ever been.

Except the voter suppression laws are being written in the Southern states that the SCOTUS gave a blank check to.

And these will be the states that DOJ will hang ....

paul alan
08-29-2013, 03:59 PM
Justice Department Sues Texas for Voter Suppression

The U.S. Department of Justice is suing Texas, alleging that the state’s new Voter ID law illegally discriminates against minorities.
The DOJ is filing under the federal Voting Rights Act, in addition to charging that the law is in violation of the 14th and 15th Amendments of the U.S. Constitution, which guarantee citizens equal protection under the law and ban states from withholding the franchise because of race

http://blogs.lawyers.com/2013/08/justice-department-sues-texas-for-voter-suppression/

Agravan
08-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Except the voter suppression laws are being written in the Southern states that the SCOTUS gave a blank check to.

Please give us an example of these "voter suppression laws" and then explain how they would suppress a vote.

zelmo1234
08-29-2013, 06:19 PM

Except that they are writing them to mirror SC laws, which the Court has already found it constitutional. So the DOJ will not have standing!

And I love the fact that when states decided to prevent liberals from voting more than once and illegals from voting at all, you call it suppression????

I also think it should be illegal to have to show ID when you are buying firearms too, don't you?????

patrickt
08-30-2013, 07:57 AM
President Obama, as King, will do whatever is necessary to maintain Democrat, that's liberal, voter fraud. Without Democrat voter fraud dead people would be disenfranchised. Foreign nationals would be denied their "right" to vote. People would only get to vote once and Mickey Mouse would have trouble even registering to vote. Oh, the horror.

I do realize that liberals are convinced that blacks and other minorities are too stupid or too lazy to get an appropriate ID but I reject that racist meme supported by President Obama, AG Holder, and Paul Allen.

jillian
08-30-2013, 08:19 AM
President Obama, as King, will do whatever is necessary to maintain Democrat, that's liberal, voter fraud. Without Democrat voter fraud dead people would be disenfranchised. Foreign nationals would be denied their "right" to vote. People would only get to vote once and Mickey Mouse would have trouble even registering to vote. Oh, the horror.

I do realize that liberals are convinced that blacks and other minorities are too stupid or too lazy to get an appropriate ID but I reject that racist meme supported by President Obama, AG Holder, and Paul Allen.

you're funny...

your boy dick cheney was the one who liked the imperial presidency... we told you you wouldn't like it when baby bush was out of power

George W. Bush has quipped several times during his political career that it would be so much easier to govern in a dictatorship. Apparently he never told his vice president that this was a joke.

Virtually from the time he chose himself to be Mr. Bush's running mate in 2000, Dick Cheney has spearheaded an extraordinary expansion of the powers of the presidency - from writing energy policy behind closed doors with oil executives to abrogating longstanding treaties and using the 9/11 attacks as a pretext to invade Iraq, scrap the Geneva Conventions and spy on American citizens.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/23/opinion/23fri1.html?_r=0

now that you got your butts handed to you twice, the radical right is all about "states' rights", separation of powers and checks and balances. lol

bunch of spoiled brats

patrickt
08-30-2013, 08:34 AM
you're funny...

your boy dick cheney was the one who liked the imperial presidency... we told you you wouldn't like it when baby bush was out of power

now that you got your butts handed to you twice, the radical right is all about "states' rights", separation of powers and checks and balances. lol

bunch of spoiled brats

Can't stay on topic, huh? I realize you agree with the meme that blacks are too stupid or lazy to get IDs to vote and liberals are too lazy to help them. Of course, after seeing what fifty years of "help" has done for black families and employment the blacks might be getting a bit suspicious of the "help".

So, Jillian, on topic, are you for or against Voter IDs and election fraud.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 11:02 AM
None of the Southern States who rushed to write voter suppression laws after being released by the SCOTUS - offered proof of voter fraud in their States - instead they talk about "preventing possible voter fraud"

But they will get a chance to show the evidence in Court where the DOJ will bring suit against them.

Keeping in mind:

... The issue is not for or against a voter ID ... the issue is making a voter ID attainable for all.

nic34
08-30-2013, 11:10 AM
None of the Southern States who rushed to write voter suppression laws after being released by the SCOTUS - offered proof of voter fraud in their States - instead they talk about "preventing possible voter fraud"

But they will get a chance to show the evidence in Court where the DOJ will bring suit against them.

Keeping in mind:

... The issue is not for or against a voter ID ... the issue is making a voter ID attainable for all.

Keep in mind this is about voter suppression.... not just photo ID..... which the right trys to keep us focused on while they continue gerrymandering, changing polling rules and so on.

BB-35
08-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Keep in mind this is about voter suppression.... not just photo ID..... which the right trys to keep us focused on while they continue gerrymandering, changing polling rules and so on.

There is NO voter suppression....And no one is changing the rules,so stop whining.

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:23 AM

Keeping in mind:

It's great to for a change see two liberals disagree. I do hope you two argue this out!

paul alan
08-30-2013, 11:28 AM

Suppressing the Minority vote by making a Voter ID mandatory - while denying minorities a Voter ID - is of course, de facto voter suppression.

Gerrymandering is, of course, a powerful weapon Republicans are using to dilute the minority vote. The best example of how Republicans can shape a district to keep their candidate in power - is none other than Paul Ryan ....

Ryan lost the National vote, his State vote, his Hometown vote - only to return to the House because of a ridiculously gerrymandered district - that his party "cut to taste"

:(

BB-35
08-30-2013, 11:32 AM
Suppressing the Minority vote by making a Voter ID mandatory - while denying minorities a Voter ID - is of course, de facto voter suppression.

Gerrymandering is, of course, a powerful weapon Republicans are using to dilute the minority vote. The best example of how Republicans can shape a district to keep their candidate in power - is none other than Paul Ryan ....

Ryan lost the National vote, his State vote, his Hometown vote - only to return to the House because of a ridiculously gerrymandered district - that his party "cut to taste"

No one is denying anyone,let alone minorities,an ID

And quit whining about gerrymandering..it's getting old

paul alan
08-30-2013, 11:38 AM
The Southern Red States had better ask the Koch boys for big money to pay their army of lawyers.

After they understand that the lawyers who are defending their cockamamie suppression laws are costing them $billions, they will follow Rick Perry and ask for the $millions of ACA money they so bravely turned down.

Not saying the Koch boys won't help them pay the those beloved lawyers!

patrickt
08-30-2013, 11:41 AM

And lying, Paul, is a typical liberal strategy for maintaining election fraud for the Democrat "vote early, vote often" Party.

I am sorry you think blacks are too lazy or stupid to get a voter ID. Fortunately, I'm not a racist liberal and think blacks can get an ID to vote, fly on an airplane, rent a car, open a bank account, get a passport, apply for welfare, collect Social Security, or any of the plethora of other activities that require an ID. But, liberals are concerned only about maintaining election fraud.

nic34
08-30-2013, 11:44 AM

They don't want everyone to vote anyway... even their Heritage founder admited it.

Paul Weyrich, father of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his flock that he doesn't want people to vote. That's why the GOP is obsessed with voter fraud---only they want to disenfranchise voters because as Weyrich said back in the '80's...the more voters there are---the less of a chance the wingers have in any election.

Weyrich: "Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome -- good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.

http://crooksandliars.com/2007/06/07/paul-weyrich-goo-goo-syndrome

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:46 AM
No one is denying anyone,let alone minorities,an ID

And quit whining about gerrymandering..it's getting old

Exactly, who's denying voting IDs?

TheDictator
08-30-2013, 11:48 AM

Well I can't say about the Northern States that have pasted Voter ID laws with the help or control of Democrats. Texas gives ID for free. No cost at all for an ID.

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:50 AM
They don't want everyone to vote anyway... even their Heritage founder admited it.

Paul Weyrich, father of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his flock that he doesn't want people to vote. That's why the GOP is obsessed with voter fraud---only they want to disenfranchise voters because as Weyrich said back in the '80's...the more voters there are---the less of a chance the wingers have in any election.

Weyrich: "Now many of our Christians have what I call the goo-goo syndrome -- good government. They want everybody to vote. I don't want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of people, they never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.

That's funny, you pick out Paul Weyrich, a moral majority religious conservative, back in 2007, railing against not wanting all Christians to vote, and twist that into his being against minorities voting.

And BTW, nic, Weyrich wasn't old enough to be there when Bill Buckley and others started the Conservative movement back in the 50s.

BB-35
08-30-2013, 11:50 AM
The Southern Red States had better ask the Koch boys for big money to pay their army of lawyers.

After they understand that the lawyers who are defending their cockamamie suppression laws are costing them $billions, they will follow Rick Perry and ask for the $millions of ACA money they so bravely turned down.

Not saying the Koch boys won't help them pay the those beloved lawyers!

And now the koch whine......right on cue

TheDictator
08-30-2013, 11:51 AM

You mean Like what Democrats do.

BB-35
08-30-2013, 11:56 AM

Nice,taking things out of context ,I see...and 33 YEARS ago?

BB-35
08-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Exactly, who's denying voting IDs?

Ask paul and nic....

nic34
08-30-2013, 12:08 PM
This isn't "suppression"?

longer residency requirements

changing student residency requirements

requirements for poll workers to direct voters to the correct precinct

no longer update voter registration at polls if moved within the state

restricting voter registration drives

shorten early voting periods

reduce mail absentee voting days

http://www.fairelectionsnetwork.com/spreading-suppression-restrictive-voting-laws-across-united-states

BB-35
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM

http://www.fairelectionsnetwork.com/spreading-suppression-restrictive-voting-laws-across-united-states

<sigh> No,It's not,stop whining.

nic34
08-30-2013, 12:15 PM
<sigh> No,It's not,stop whining.

Please excuse me BB.... I must yield to your superior informative cites... :laugh:

paul alan
08-30-2013, 12:18 PM

Forcing minorities to give up pay to obtain a voter ID

Placing registration locations miles - sometimes hundreds of miles - from minority homes

Restricting registration hours

Charging for a voter ID

BB-35
08-30-2013, 12:21 PM

Placing registration locations miles - sometimes hundreds of miles - from minority homes

Charging for a voter ID

NONE of these things are going to be done,stop whining already

paul alan
08-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Nice,taking things out of context ,I see...and 33 YEARS ago?

Exactly how Conservatives think today, and thought yesterday - 15 years ago - 30 years ago - 300 years ago

Remember the Tennessee Republican who said in 2012: "If we can get these voter laws passed, the election is ours"

Chris
08-30-2013, 12:34 PM
"300 years ago"

What fantasy world are you talking about?

BB-35
08-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Exactly how Conservatives think today, and thought yesterday - 15 years ago - 30 years ago - 300 years ago

Remember the Tennessee Republican who said in 2012: "If we can get these voter laws passed, the election is ours"

What republican?....and I doubt seriously you know how even YOU think at times,let alone conservatives:tongue2:

nic34
08-30-2013, 12:48 PM
What republican?....and I doubt seriously you know how even YOU think at times,let alone conservatives:tongue2:

He's probably talking about Penn. house majority leader Mike Turzai (R) who said that the voter ID law passed by the legislature would help deliver the state for Mitt Romney.

“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation - abortion facility regulations - in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done,” - Turzai said at this weekend’s Republican State Committee meeting

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/06/pennsylvania_gop_leader_voter_id_will_help_romney. php

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 12:55 PM
you're funny...

bunch of spoiled brats

Can you give me a time when Conservatives were not about States rights limited government, less taxation and personal responsibility?

I can remember Democrats including one Senator Obama telling the people that a 10 trillion dollar deficit was un American and un patriotic?

But then of course as a liberal you are free to make shit up!

Agravan
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Well I can't say about the Northern States that have pasted Voter ID laws with the help or control of Democrats. Texas gives ID for free. No cost at all for an ID.
Except we don't give them to blacks, latinos, asians...etc. At least that's what the left is insisting is the case. Hell, even if we hand delivered a Voter ID card to every single legal voter in Texas, the libs would still bitch and moan because the dead and illegals did not get one.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
He's probably talking about Penn. house majority leader Mike Turzai (R) who said that the voter ID law passed by the legislature would help deliver the state for Mitt Romney.

“Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation - abortion facility regulations - in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done,” - Turzai said at this weekend’s Republican State Committee meeting

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/06/pennsylvania_gop_leader_voter_id_will_help_romney. php

Good one, nice to have help ....

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Keeping in mind:

Well they are free? So that should help????

Chris
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM

What do you hsve against showing ID to vote?

Agravan
08-30-2013, 12:59 PM

Students who are not Texas residents should vote in their home states by mail in ballots.
If you are not a Texas resident, you don't get to vote here. If you are not a US citizen, regardless of your student status, you don't get to vote here.
You need to vote in your proper precinct. this keeps people from voting in multiple precincts

This prevents people from registering at each polling station and voting multiple times. There is plenty of time before the elections to register. If you're too lazy, that's your problem.

What do you want? daily drives?

Reduces the incidents of people voting many times by going to different polling places and registering anew at each one.

Again, prevents multiple voting.

None of the items you mentioned suppress anyone's votes, Nic. It just makes it harder for you guys to commit voter fraud.

BB-35
08-30-2013, 12:59 PM

More and more misrepresenting...

paul alan
08-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Can you give me a time when Conservatives were not about States rights limited government, less taxation and personal responsibility?

And minority voter suppression.

True, Conservatives always baked apple pie for it's believers ... and served it with a white apron.

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:03 PM

Buy the first time in my lifetime the Republicans get to draw the districts in my life time and all of a sudden it is a crime?

If you want vote suppression here it is right out in the open?

https://www.google.com/search?q=black+panther+voter+intimidation&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ct0gUqDpL83tiAfIgQE&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=599

Holder said that this was legal?

I live in MI you have to show your state ID to vote, and if you do not have one then you have to sign a paper saying you swear to who you are. Those votes are not counted unless they could change the outcome of the election?

That to me is more voter suppression than anything they are doing in the south.

IF you Democrats were honest you would at least admit that this is not something that will prevent anyone that really wants to vote from voting? but it will prevent illegals and voter fraud.

But there are states like Ohio where democrats rely on voter fraud to deliver the elections so they will fight it!

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:06 PM

If you can produce any cases of minorities that are US citizens and not convicted felons (in some states) that are being denied voter Id's

I will be on your side.

And Gerrymandering, WI first time since FDR that the Republicans were able to draw the districts? So when you were doing it I do not remember anyone complaining? What is the difference now?

Agravan
08-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Only minorities have to give up pay to obtain a voter ID? Do whites get a paid day off to get a Voter ID? Why can't they get one on a weekend? Most drivers license stations are open on weekends.

You're right. Let's put a registration location in everyone's front yard. Because we know that registration places are placed really close to white people's homes.

Yeah, we should have them remain open 24 hours a day, because the same people that are too lazy to get one during normal business hours will definitely make an effort to get there after hours.

Charging for a voter ID
Yeah, because poor minorities can't afford FREE.

Chicken Little syndrome much?

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:14 PM

Please tell me how this actually keeps people from voting?

You are required to change your address if you move, that means where you vote too

You are required to have a picture Id for almost anything that you do in a legal setting.

What about not having background check for the gun owner suppression laws are you for that? Of course not it would be stupid

As far as students they need to pick, My sons last year in collage the collage democrats were encouraging students to vote at the school and by absentee at home. That is voter fraud!

Why don't you have the guts to admit that you want illegals to be able to vote and for those in inner cities to be able to vote more than once if needed?

Cowboy up and have the courage to at least admit it!

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Please excuse me BB.... I must yield to your superior informative cites... :laugh:

How did any of your items suppress even one vote? accept those trying to commit voter fraud, and if you were an honest person you would admit that this is what you are trying to protect

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:19 PM

And do you know why they said that??????? Because the Democrats would not be able to cheat! and it would be an Honest election?

paul alan
08-30-2013, 01:20 PM
If you can produce any cases of minorities that are US citizens and not convicted felons (in some states) that are being denied voter Id's

For details, contact: Mr. Eric Holder c/o U.S. Department of Justice

Mainecoons
08-30-2013, 01:20 PM
:rofl:

paul alan
08-30-2013, 01:23 PM
And do you know why they said that??????? Because the Democrats would not be able to cheat! and it would be an Honest election?

Of 3.4 million votes cast in 2012, North Carolina election officials flagged 30 for further investigation as possible fraud.

No action has yet been taken.

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:24 PM
And minority voter suppression.

True, Conservatives always baked apple pie for it's believers ... and served it with a white apron.

And Democrats have always been the party of vote early and often and the party that likes to cheat lye and call others racist when they are loosing an argument.

So tell me again how making people prove they are who they are with a free state photo ID is going to suppress anything but the illegal votes that the Democrats desire?

paul alan
If a poor minority can't afford to pay $25 for a voter ID - that is voter suppression

Chris
Of 3.4 million votes cast in 2012, North Carolina election officials flagged 30 for further investigation as possible fraud.

Even one incident of voter fraud is reason for action.

Chris
08-30-2013, 01:26 PM
If a poor minority can't afford to pay $25 for a voter ID - that is voter suppression

Several people have already agree to free ID. Straw man.

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:26 PM

Ever think that they are trying to avoid things like this?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/election-fraud-obama-won-more-than-99-percent-of-the-vote-in-more-than-100-ohio-precincts

You see it worked in OH and we know that liberals will be trying to expand on that success?

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:28 PM

I agree 110% this would be a poll tax and illegal

THANK GOD THAT NONE OF THE LAWS REQUIRE THIS?

But you are a liberal and liberals love to lie about shit like this?

paul alan
08-30-2013, 01:30 PM
So tell me again how making people prove they are who they are with a free state photo ID is going to suppress anything but the illegal votes that the Democrats desire?

If a minority without a car has to go 45 miles to get a free voter ID and take a day off from a $7/hour job - that is voter suppression.

Agravan
08-30-2013, 01:35 PM
If a minority without a car has to go 45 miles to get a free voter ID and take a day off from a $7/hour job - that is voter suppression.

So, if the minority does not have a car to get to a registration location, how does he get to the polling place?
The area in which i live is at least 20 minutes to the nearest town. And there are plenty of poor minorities around here but they manage to get into town on the weekends to buy beer.

BB-35
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM

Not even.....More whining.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Even one incident of voter fraud is reason for action.

Even one incident of voter suppression is reason for action.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 01:39 PM
So, if the minority does not have a car to get to a registration location, how does he get to the polling place?

By church bus on Sunday, before Republicans blocked or limited early voting on Sunday

Chris
08-30-2013, 01:40 PM
Even one incident of voter suppression is reason for action.

Right. You've shown only one yet you rant and cant about the other.

Mainecoons
08-30-2013, 01:44 PM
The charge for a voter ID is not going to survive a court challenge, nor should it.

I find it ironic that of the hundred or so of countries that require voter ID, poor, primitive Mexico provides a perfect model for stopping voter fraud. Elections are held on Sundays, when almost everyone can participate. There are no absentee ballots or impossible to maintain accurately voter rolls which are the mainstays of voter fraud in the U.S. Every voter must show a photo ID issued by the state in which he lives for free. These are extremely easy to get.

Voter turnout in Mexico solidly exceeds voter turnout in the U.S. There are no primaries--the political parties nominate their own candidates.

Ironically, this system was implemented some years ago because of voter fraud. It worked so well that it ended the 75 year one-party rule in Mexico. The Achilles heel of the system is ballot box security after the votes have been cast. Every election there are a few reports of fraud and theft, mainly in isolated areas or areas controlled by narco-criminals.

The voter ID system circumvents the two big areas of ballot fraud that the Democrats like the best--finding errors (dead or moved voters) on the voter rolls and sending in shills to vote in that person's name. A shill voter can easily vote ten times or more in a single day when this is well organized.

Absentee ballots are another source of fraudulent voting. As noted above, Democrats advocated students to practice voter fraud by registering where they go to school while continuing to vote absentee in their home districts. There is absolutely no system to detect and prevent this kind of fraud.

"Voting the cemeteries and moving vans" can be detected only at great effort and cost. Basically, you have to verify every voter on the list, particularly to find those who have moved. Cross checking of vital statistics can detect the voters who have risen from the dead to vote Democratic but that also involves a lot of time and labor.

Simply requiring every voter to have a photo ID with his address on it and requiring that voter to show up and vote in person stops all of the in person voter fraud. Then it is just a matter of protecting the ballot boxes and assuring an honest count.

Something we all know the Democrats here really hate. They have used ballot fraud for decades to win close elections, usually on the local level.

nic34
08-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Ever think that they are trying to avoid things like this?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/election-fraud-obama-won-more-than-99-percent-of-the-vote-in-more-than-100-ohio-precincts

You see it worked in OH and we know that liberals will be trying to expand on that success?

All for FEDERAL STANDARDS FOR ALL VOTING MACHINES. Are you?

PUBLIC MANUFACTURE AND INDEPENDENT INSPECTIONS OF THESE MACHINES.

Congress has the authority to mandate a federal standard for all electronic voting machines and should exercise that authority to standardize these devices nationwide.

It should also be established that no private corporation may build these devices. A public, taxpayer-funded entity shall be the sole entity manufacturing and distributing these machines and an independent, non-partisan public laboratory should be established to inspect and guarantee them as accurate.

Additionally, all elections for Federal Office should be standardized and regulated as well.

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:50 PM

Really if he has to do the same to visit the doctor is that healthcare suppression

What about to get his drivers license renewed, is that driver suppression?

If he has to drive to a shooting range to fire his gun is that shooter suppression?

Or is it likely that this person would be in that area for some reason, at some point in the year so they could register to vote?

So just curious how do you feel about people having to show ID and go through background checks to purchase a gun?

nic34
08-30-2013, 01:53 PM
A person's vote is nothing like any of those things zel.

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
All for FEDERAL STANDARDS FOR ALL VOTING MACHINES. Are you?

PUBLIC MANUFACTURE AND INDEPENDENT INSPECTIONS OF THESE MACHINES.

Congress has the authority to mandate a federal standard for all electronic voting machines and should exercise that authority to standardize these devices nationwide.

It should also be established that no private corporation may build these devices. A public, taxpayer-funded entity shall be the sole entity manufacturing and distributing these machines and an independent, non-partisan public laboratory should be established to inspect and guarantee them as accurate.

Additionally, all elections for Federal Office should be standardized and regulated as well.

Not sure what your post has to do with mine,

But I am all for a national standard in Federal elections, I can agree to almost any of the requirements that you have laid out, as long as you add a national voter photo ID law, and have the machines check for accuracy by inspectors appointed by each party

paul alan
08-30-2013, 01:55 PM
You need to stick to steps Republican State Administrations to suppress minority voting.

Excuses and alibis accepted by me, but not by the DOJ or Courts that will be hearing the DOJ law suits

zelmo1234
08-30-2013, 01:57 PM
A person's vote is nothing like any of those things zel.

Really? why not

You have been telling us that we need the ACA because everyone has a right to healthcare?

You have been telling us that we need tougher background checks to prevent crime?

And I know that you don't want people driving without a license?

Come on Nic admit that you have areas in this country that you need the illegal vote? You do not want ID because it will stop that

patrickt
08-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Voting is not like flying on an airplane. Dead people don't fly on airplanes except as cargo.

Chris
08-30-2013, 03:20 PM
But you need an ID to get on a plane.

Mainecoons
08-30-2013, 05:16 PM
Or rent a DVD. But hey, voting isn't nearly as important, correct?