PDA

View Full Version : White Woman Brutally Beaten by gang of black teens.....

Libhater
08-28-2013, 10:04 PM
This attack was racially motivated. Listen and watch audio
video of White Woman.

http://conservativebyte.com/2013/08/white-woman-brutally-beaten-group-black-teens-yelling-racial-slurs/

Dr. Who
08-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Two adult white women and one juvenile white girl beat a 12 year old black girl: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=V0ZpaxWqJMc

KC
08-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Why does it seem like conservatives are now all of a sudden obsessed with showing that blacks may also be involved with hate crime? Using a personal tragedy in order to make a point like this is wrong whether it's libs or cons.

Dr. Who
08-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Why does it seem like conservatives are now all of a sudden obsessed with showing that blacks may also be involved with hate crime? Using a personal tragedy in order to make a point like this is wrong whether it's libs or cons.

Of course it is, but contrary to the allegation that the mainstream media focuses exclusively on white on black crime, black on white crime is actually making the headlines. The media follows the public interest. Ever since the Zimmerman trial, there has been acute interest in black on white crime as some kind of erstwhile vindication of the Zimmerman decision. Although there has been no appreciable change in hate crime, the media is quite able to manipulate perception, inflame readers and thus increase circulation and/or readership. The more of these incidents reported by the media, the more the perception of a growing race war. We all know any kind of war makes news, so baiting the population with controversial stories simply translates to profits. People fall victim to this slanted propaganda.

KC
08-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Of course it is, but contrary to the allegation that the mainstream media focuses exclusively on white on black crime, black on white crime is actually making the headlines. The media follows the public interest. Ever since the Zimmerman trial, there has been acute interest in black on white crime as some kind of erstwhile vindication of the Zimmerman decision. Although there has been no appreciable change in hate crime, the media is quite able to manipulate perception, inflame readers and thus increase circulation and/or readership. The more of these incidents reported by the media, the more the perception of a growing race war. We all know any kind of war makes news, so baiting the population with controversial stories simply translates to profits. People fall victim to this slanted propaganda.

I think you just nailed it.

Common
08-28-2013, 11:57 PM

To keep their base pumped up, same purpose with endless harping about obamacare

Dr. Who
08-29-2013, 12:28 AM

Is that really a fair statement? Both liberals and conservatives have legitimate concerns about many things. I think that the members post items that cause them to feel concern, whether it be regarding racism, obamacare or anything else. We shouldn't demonize the other camp and ascribe motives that are not founded. People perceive issues differently and I guarantee you that no one is 100% right and no one is 100% wrong but through all of this discussion there is the potential to discover the truth if we are willing to dispense with our preconceived notions and give each argument thoughtful consideration.

GrassrootsConservative
08-29-2013, 01:42 AM

For the last decade or so we have been painted as a racist, bullying, greedy, and war-mongering (white conservatives that is, when I say "we") people. Now we are being targeted by a whole race of people who have been told that one of us has shot one of them in a "hate crime" all to press a Liberal political agenda and you want us just to stand by and take it? And not just us, an innocent bystander from Australia has been taken out due to their hate. All so they can keep making us look like the bad guys.

How many more killings like the one in the OP will it take before Liberals admit they have created a MONSTER?

GrassrootsConservative
08-29-2013, 01:54 AM

Same with why you guys keep calling us racist and endless harping about George Zimmerman. Same with your unrelenting need to whine about teabaggers and birthers. Same with all that bitching and moaning over Bush and Cheney (even though they've been out of the presidential and vice presidential spots respectively for over four years now). Same with all that crying about slavery and the KKK (which was the DEMOCRAT'S satan spawn, by the way) and Rush Limbaugh and everything else you all grieve over on an hourly basis. Put some Preparation H on it and wipe your tears.

If you think base-pumping is a partisan activity you are wrong.

Common
08-29-2013, 04:51 AM
Is that really a fair statement? Both liberals and conservatives have legitimate concerns about many things. I think that the members post items that cause them to feel concern, whether it be regarding racism, obamacare or anything else. We shouldn't demonize the other camp and ascribe motives that are not founded. People perceive issues differently and I guarantee you that no one is 100% right and no one is 100% wrong but through all of this discussion there is the potential to discover the truth if we are willing to dispense with our preconceived notions and give each argument thoughtful consideration.

My post wasnt a reference to our members, it was my opinion of some news outlets and blog reporting.

Common
08-29-2013, 04:54 AM
Same with why you guys keep calling us racist and endless harping about George Zimmerman. Same with your unrelenting need to whine about teabaggers and birthers. Same with all that bitching and moaning over Bush and Cheney (even though they've been out of the presidential and vice presidential spots respectively for over four years now). Same with all that crying about slavery and the KKK (which was the DEMOCRAT'S satan spawn, by the way) and Rush Limbaugh and everything else you all grieve over on an hourly basis. Put some Preparation H on it and wipe your tears.

If you think base-pumping is a partisan activity you are wrong.

You need to get your facts straight, I never call anyone a racist and I was a supporter of zimmerman, I never blame bush and cheney and I dont even mention the kkk. So take your silly meaningless rant post elsewhere.

Libhater
08-29-2013, 05:55 AM
Of course it is, but contrary to the allegation that the mainstream media focuses exclusively on white on black crime, black on white crime is actually making the headlines. The media follows the public interest.

You got to be joking. You don't think that once there is a white on black race crime (as few as those seem to be) that the media including al sharpless Jessie jackhole and the NAACP don't stop the presses to concentrate on it 24/7 in order to push their whining liberal race baiting agenda? My goodness, how long did the lame stream media focus on the Zimmerman trial, and the guy wasn't even a white guy--yet the media portrayed him as such?

Ever since the Zimmerman trial, there has been acute interest in black on white crime as some kind of erstwhile vindication of the Zimmerman decision. Although there has been no appreciable change in hate crime, the media is quite able to manipulate perception, inflame readers and thus increase circulation and/or readership.

Again, you got to be joking. No appreciable hate crime? Every day there are at least one horrific case of black on white racial crime with some of them using the Zimmerman case to vent their racial frustration over their criminal acts.

The more of these incidents reported by the media, the more the perception of a growing race war. We all know any kind of war makes news, so baiting the population with controversial stories simply translates to profits. People fall victim to this slanted propaganda.

The propaganda comes entirely from the leftist media, and you know it. If a race war was to ensue it certainly won't be attributed to anything white people have done to cause it. I find it somewhat ironic that your idol MLK asked for people to be judged by their character and not by the color of their skin, yet you leftists/blacks in general are doing just the opposite by race baiting every single chance you get. Try to give us an example of where white people would feel the need to race bait at all. The only reason I submitted this current example of black on white racist crime other than to show the current high level of black on white crimes is to get you leftists to agree with me and other reasonable people that its your type of mindset that opens the door for any possible future race war. How often do we Conservatives hear you leftists whine that we're racists for not voting for or agreeing with Obama on political issues? Open up your minds here.

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 06:18 AM
dumbass woman got out of her car cause she was gonna be all big and bad...she admits thinking the girls were younger than they were and that she expected them to be afraid of her....the girls will be charged with ethnic intimidation.....too bad the whole story was not told by the op

Agravan
08-29-2013, 06:35 AM
dumbass woman got out of her car cause she was gonna be all big and bad...she admits thinking the girls were younger than they were and that she expected them to be afraid of her....the girls will be charged with ethnic intimidation.....too bad the whole story was not told by the op

I read that. "ethnic intimidation" - is that the new PC term for a black on white hate crime? had the roles been reversed, would white kids have been charged with "ethnic intimidation" or would they be accused of hate crimes?
Besides, getting beat nearly to death seems a tad more than "intimidation".

zelmo1234
08-29-2013, 06:36 AM

When you have prosecutors and liberals that try to criminalize self defense, and then make up lies about the assailant because of the color of his skin does not fit your political agenda. Then just weeks after you try this assault on freedom refuse to charge others with hate crimes because they happened to be black this is going to happen. Weather it is right or wrong? I tend to agree with you on this!

But it is reality. people are sick and tired of being called racist and being attacked for defending the innocent, just because they happen to disagree with someone of color

The President that was to unit the races has set race relations back 2 decades.

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 06:38 AM
I read that. "ethnic intimidation" - is that the new PC term for a black on white hate crime? had the roles been reversed, would white kids have been charged with "ethnic intimidation" or would they be accused of hate crimes?
Besides, getting beat nearly to death seems a tad more than "intimidation".

i dont know what ethnic intimidation means.....same with 'hate crime' etc....and for a woman nearly beat to death...she looks pretty good in that photo

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 06:39 AM
Ginger Slepski said she suffered multiple injuries, including torn shoulder ligaments. She said she thought the girls were going to kill her.
Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2013/08/white-woman-brutally-beaten-group-black-teens-yelling-racial-slurs/#cYZkvxQ86A1YZqIc.99
1YZqIc.99 (http://conservativebyte.com/2013/08/white-woman-brutally-beaten-group-black-teens-yelling-racial-slurs/#cYZkvxQ86A1YZqIc.99)

Police said Slepski was savagely beaten after the girls threw a bottle at her car on Concord Street and she stopped to confront them. “I was mad. I knew they were younger. I thought they were in their early 20s. I got out and said, ‘What is your problem?’” Slepski said. All four African-American girls then called her names before getting physically violent.
Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2013/08/white-woman-brutally-beaten-group-black-teens-yelling-racial-slurs/#cYZkvxQ86A1YZqIc.99

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 06:40 AM
Police said Slepski was savagely beaten after the girls threw a bottle at her car on Concord Street and she stopped to confront them. “I was mad. I knew they were younger. I thought they were in their early 20s. I got out and said, ‘What is your problem?’” Slepski said. All four African-American girls then called her names before getting physically violent.

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 06:42 AM
yes i am having trouble with the damn cut and paste thing.....but my point...she should have never gotten outta her car and confronted the teenagers....she went looking for trouble and she found it

Cigar
08-29-2013, 06:43 AM

Mommy Mommy Mommy ... they did it tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://www.bartcop.com/gop-crybabies-2010.jpg#gop%20crybabies%20400x300

zelmo1234
08-29-2013, 06:48 AM
yes i am having trouble with the damn cut and paste thing.....but my point...she should have never gotten outta her car and confronted the teenagers....she went looking for trouble and she found it

What?????????? Was it illegal for her to get out of her car? and ask why they threw a bottle at her?

So it is her fault...

And you wonder why we have an issue with this race crap! If you and those on the left, keep trying to justify the hate of some people of color, and find ways to excuse there behavior by reducing the crime and trying to sweep it under the rug?

Then the race relations that you keep making up will happen! My suggestion to this lady is when these girls get off on probation because they are not being charged with hate crimes or felony assault.

She needs to arm herself and drive the some care down the same street and the same thing is likely to happen, when they attack her the next time??? take the justice that should have been found in the legal system into your own hands, and protect there future victims from these monsters

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 06:48 AM
yea cigar its all shits and giggles..isnt it...till women just start opening fire on little gangs of dumdass thugs....

zelmo1234
08-29-2013, 06:51 AM
yea cigar its all shits and giggles..isnt it...till women just start opening fire on little gangs of dumdass thugs....

Which is what needs to happen, but then Cigar will want them thrown in jail because they did not stand by and let the little black thugs beat the shit out of them. It will become a tragedy to him, once justice is served

He is racist, and can't help himself

Cigar
08-29-2013, 06:52 AM

I got no problem with Women protecting themselves against gangs of thugs ... never did have a problems with it this countries entire history ... do you? :wink:

Mister D
08-29-2013, 08:22 AM

Probably because everyone has always understood the reality of violence in the US but the fear of being ostracized or charcterized as a "racist" always stifled discussion of that reality. Don't be surprised or offended when legitimate perspectives that were deemed unacceptable resurface in far uglier forms.

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 09:41 AM
What?????????? Was it illegal for her to get out of her car? and ask why they threw a bottle at her?

So it is her fault...

And you wonder why we have an issue with this race crap! If you and those on the left, keep trying to justify the hate of some people of color, and find ways to excuse there behavior by reducing the crime and trying to sweep it under the rug?

Then the race relations that you keep making up will happen! My suggestion to this lady is when these girls get off on probation because they are not being charged with hate crimes or felony assault.

She needs to arm herself and drive the some care down the same street and the same thing is likely to happen, when they attack her the next time??? take the justice that should have been found in the legal system into your own hands, and protect there future victims from these monsters

it was her fault for being stupid...they had already tossed a bottle at her car..why wasnt she calling the police or simply driving away?
plus her statement that she thought they were younger .....

and you advocate killing someone for tossing a bottle at your car?

what race relations do i keep making up....do tell...

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 09:43 AM
Which is what needs to happen, but then Cigar will want them thrown in jail because they did not stand by and let the little black thugs beat the shit out of them. It will become a tragedy to him, once justice is served

He is racist, and can't help himself

and you are not a racist? color me surprised!

Mainecoons
08-29-2013, 10:08 AM
it was her fault for being stupid...they had already tossed a bottle at her car..why wasnt she calling the police or simply driving away?
plus her statement that she thought they were younger .....

and you advocate killing someone for tossing a bottle at your car?

what race relations do i keep making up....do tell...

No doubt you'll be even-handedly applying your definition of "stupid" to Martin as well?

:grin:

Dr. Who
08-29-2013, 10:14 AM
My post wasnt a reference to our members, it was my opinion of some news outlets and blog reporting.Fair enough. Thank you for clarifying. The media in it's infinite wisdom plays the people like a violin for it's own ends, as do most politicians. All people should weigh news items against the obvious agendas in play. Many random acts of violence go unreported to police, and many that are reported to police are unknown by media or are unreported by media. There is no way to make assumptions about who are the primary victims or the primary offenders based on what incidents make the news.

Mister D
08-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Fair enough. Thank you for clarifying. The media in it's infinite wisdom plays the people like a violin for it's own ends, as do most politicians. All people should weigh news items against the obvious agendas in play. Many random acts of violence go unreported to police, and many that are reported to police are unknown by media or are unreported by media. There is no way to make assumptions about who are the primary victims or the primary offenders based on what incidents make the news.

One need only consult the stats to find out who the primary offenders are. Moreover, the media's agenda in suppressing that is obvious.

KC
08-29-2013, 10:21 AM
For the last decade or so we have been painted as a racist, bullying, greedy, and war-mongering (white conservatives that is, when I say "we") people. Now we are being targeted by a whole race of people who have been told that one of us has shot one of them in a "hate crime" all to press a Liberal political agenda and you want us just to stand by and take it? And not just us, an innocent bystander from Australia has been taken out due to their hate. All so they can keep making us look like the bad guys.

How many more killings like the one in the OP will it take before Liberals admit they have created a MONSTER?

I just think that 1) don't take what others think of conservatives personally (they're wrong anyway as long as you have sound character) and 2) why shouldn't conservatives take the high road?

KC
08-29-2013, 10:24 AM

I would say the difference is whereas there are legitimate concerns with Obamacare (I have many) it is obvious that both blacks and white engage in hate crime (as is inevitable in a racially diverse country). One has a solution (repeal the law) while conservatives should know better than anyone that the latter has no solution (government has a tough time changing social behavior).

KC
08-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Probably because everyone has always understood the reality of violence in the US but the fear of being ostracized or charcterized as a "racist" always stifled discussion of that reality. Don't be surprised or offended when legitimate perspectives that were deemed unacceptable resurface in far uglier forms.

I agree with this. Censorship of political opinions is never a good thing, as it either robs us of the truth or the opportunity to gain a clearer impression of truth from error, to paraphrase the quote in my signature. I do, however, find it somewhat hypocritical that while conservatives (often with every right) wag their fingers at liberals for making personal tragedy political they are essentially doing the same thing themselves.

Mister D
08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
I agree with this. Censorship of political opinions is never a good thing, as it either robs us of the truth or the opportunity to gain a clearer impression of truth from error, to paraphrase the quote in my signature. I do, however, find it somewhat hypocritical that while conservatives (often with every right) wag their fingers at liberals for making personal tragedy political they are essentially doing the same thing themselves.

Honestly, I think a lot of people are just fed up and this is how it is being expressed. Many conservatives have insisted on color blindness etc. Where has it gotten them?

Dr. Who
08-29-2013, 10:40 AM
You got to be joking. You don't think that once there is a white on black race crime (as few as those seem to be) that the media including al sharpless Jessie jackhole and the NAACP don't stop the presses to concentrate on it 24/7 in order to push their whining liberal race baiting agenda? My goodness, how long did the lame stream media focus on the Zimmerman trial, and the guy wasn't even a white guy--yet the media portrayed him as such?

Again, you got to be joking. No appreciable hate crime? Every day there are at least one horrific case of black on white racial crime with some of them using the Zimmerman case to vent their racial frustration over their criminal acts.

The propaganda comes entirely from the leftist media, and you know it. If a race war was to ensue it certainly won't be attributed to anything white people have done to cause it. I find it somewhat ironic that your idol MLK asked for people to be judged by their character and not by the color of their skin, yet you leftists/blacks in general are doing just the opposite by race baiting every single chance you get. Try to give us an example of where white people would feel the need to race bait at all. The only reason I submitted this current example of black on white racist crime other than to show the current high level of black on white crimes is to get you leftists to agree with me and other reasonable people that its your type of mindset that opens the door for any possible future race war. How often do we Conservatives hear you leftists whine that we're racists for not voting for or agreeing with Obama on political issues? Open up your minds here.

I think a provided a link for a similar but opposite story - didn't hear about it from Sharpton et al. Just for the record however, while I'm a lib, I'm not a Democrat and have never called anyone a racist for not agreeing with Obama. People are entitled to their political points of view. If some people call others racists for being conservative, that is their opinion, not mine. I don't race bait, or haven't you noticed? Terrible acts of violence occur on the streets all the time, most of which you never hear about. Did the coverage of the Zimmerman trial create stir up animosity on both sides of the racial divide? Yes it did, and it was probably intended to do just that. Just more fodder for the media whores who play on people's emotions to sell the news. Oh and by the way, I said that there was no appreciable increase in hate crime. The media is only picking up these local stories that you otherwise would never hear about because people are expecting an increase in hate crime and they are giving you what you expect. Not that these incidents didn't occur all the time one way or another previously, but in total obscurity.

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 10:47 AM
martin leaves a store and walks thru a neighborhood and with little or no warning becomes engaged in a fight to the death?

whereas this woman.....was never in any danger till she got out of her car...that would be more a zimmerman than a martin now wouldnt it?

patrickt
08-29-2013, 11:06 AM
martin leaves a store and walks thru a neighborhood and with little or no warning becomes engaged in a fight to the death?

whereas this woman.....was never in any danger till she got out of her car...that would be more a zimmerman than a martin now wouldnt it?

No. Nothing you said is accurate but I can understand your desire to blame the victims.

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 11:32 AM
what have i said that was inaccurate....martin did not leave a store...i am pretty sure he did....he walked thru a neighborhood did he not?

both this woman and zimmerman could have stayed in their car or truck when sensing danger and did not.....is that an inaccurate statement?

strollingbonez
08-29-2013, 11:33 AM
how am i blaming the victims? i am simply stating that she should have driven off...

junie
08-29-2013, 11:39 AM
how am i blaming the victims? i am simply stating that she should have driven off...

yeah, and the attempted comparison of every racial incident in the news to the treyvon incident is just silly...

Mainecoons
08-29-2013, 11:39 AM
And Martin could have chosen not to assault Zimmerman.

Rewriting the facts of the Martin case again, I see.

Some people never give up or get it--it doesn't always work that if you repeat falsehoods enough, they will finally be believed.

Not here. Not now. Take it to a liberal board, they specialize in fantasy, denial and repeating falsehoods.

junie
08-29-2013, 11:44 AM
^ just goes to show a massive lack of comprehension of the underlying issue which made the treyvon martin case national news...

Florida lawmakers to revisit ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/02/florida-lawmakers-to-revisit-stand-your-ground-laws-after-zimmerman-protests/

Cigar
08-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Don't worry ... as soon as Black People start walking from Murders using Stand Your Ground as a defense ... you'll see By By Stand Your Ground

Mainecoons
08-29-2013, 11:57 AM
^ just goes to show a massive lack of comprehension of the underlying issue which made the treyvon martin case national news...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/02/florida-lawmakers-to-revisit-stand-your-ground-laws-after-zimmerman-protests/

Since it has been shown that 90 percent of the beneficiaries of the Florida law are black, sounds to me like more racism against blacks in Florida. Will you race baiters be going down there to demonstrate against that?

junie
08-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Since it has been shown that 90 percent of the beneficiaries of the Florida law are black, sounds to me like more racism against blacks in Florida.

Will you race baiters be going down there to demonstrate against that?

3784 the OP is race baiting... where have i ever done what you claim?

will you willful ignoramuses be citing the zimmerman case every time a black person commits a crime?

Mainecoons
08-29-2013, 12:17 PM
You didn't address my point. And you race bait regularly here, the label is much deserved. Wear it with pride.

Why are you liberals trying to get a law repealed that is overwhelmingly favorable for blacks? Is this somewhat like your Messiah trying to get an amnesty passed that will put thousands more blacks on the unemployment rolls?

With friends like you liberals, blacks need no enemies. Under your regime, they are more unemployed and desperate than ever.

Nice work.

junie
08-29-2013, 12:21 PM
you race bait regularly here, the label is much deserved. Wear it with pride.

but you can't post just one link to back up your false claim.

Mainecoons
08-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Still waiting for you to explain why you liberals are trying to repeal a law that helps blacks defend themselves (mainly against black criminals) against crime?

Take your time, I have all day. And I'm not going to bother to looks up your race baiting posts. You aren't one of the worse here by any means.

nic34
08-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Why are you liberals trying to get a law repealed that is overwhelmingly favorable for blacks?

Because it is a STUPID LAW that affects ALL colors.

junie
08-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Still waiting for you to explain why you liberals are trying to repeal a law that helps blacks defend themselves (mainly against black criminals) against crime?

Take your time, I have all day. And I'm not going to bother to looks up your race baiting posts. You aren't one of the worse here by any means.

of course you have all day... i, on the other hand, work for a living.

go back to the stand your ground threads if you care to know my opinion of the law.

the truth is that you can't find a race baiting post by me because it simply doesn't exist. 3785

Mainecoons
08-29-2013, 12:38 PM
And the truth is you can't explain why you are for repealing a law that disproportionately helps blacks.

So you distract.

Let us know when you can explain why you want to hurt blacks who are trying to defend themselves from crime.

Cigar
08-29-2013, 12:40 PM

Maybe you should interview a real Black Person first, before you make-up "your" mind what's best for "them".

Cigar
08-29-2013, 12:44 PM
BTW ... for those of you who have never lived a micro-second as a Black Person ...

I ... as a real living and breathing Black Person have lived a half century never once needing a Gun to resolve a dispute.

But what would I know, I'm only Black.

You'll need to consult with a White Person on Black Expertise.

:rollseyes:

Mister D
08-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Typical black response. You're not black so what would you know!? Waaaahhhh!

Yeah, Maine, you need to interview some black people before you can decide that the anti-social mayhem plaguing their communities isn't a good thing. And their wholesale academic failure? Were you ever a slave? :rollseyes:

Cigar
08-29-2013, 12:51 PM
Where you ever a Woman?

I'm not talking about your cycles ... but were you actually Woman (.)(.)

Mister D
08-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Where you ever a Woman?

I'm not talking about your cycles ... but were you actually Woman (.)(.)

That was lame, Cigar. Almost as lame as your argument.

Cigar
08-29-2013, 12:57 PM
That was lame, Cigar. Almost as lame as your argument.

Sorry ... my bad ... didn't know it was that time ... again. :tongue:

Mister D
08-29-2013, 12:58 PM
Sorry ... my bad ... didn't know it was that time ... again. :tongue:

Damn...you're corny.

junie
08-29-2013, 01:12 PM
Because it is a STUPID LAW that affects ALL colors.

rational people recognize that fact as well as the obvious differences between various racial incidents...

The GOP Can’t Reboot With Bigots In Its Midst
As a matter of history, black Americans — at least those who were allowed to vote — were Republicans for decades after the Civil War. But some found Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal attractive, and most found Lyndon Johnson’s support for civil rights irresistible. They left the Republican Party.

And they’ve stayed away since the 1960s, alienated by the GOP’s Southern strategy of race-baiting and pandering to the prejudices of right-wing neanderthals. If you wonder why black voters believe the Republican Party trades in the rankest bigotry, look no further than the reaction to the George Zimmerman verdict among conservative commentators. It’s been appalling.

Let me be clear: It’s perfectly reasonable to believe the Zimmerman jury arrived at the only acceptable verdict. Many analysts, including some black commentators, have stated that the prosecution simply did not prove its case.

But several conservative pundits have gone well beyond reason, smearing Trayvon Martin, indicting his friends and elevating Zimmerman to sainthood. They’ve shown a callous disregard for the grief that still envelops Martin’s parents. They’ve suggested that whites are more likely to be the victims of discrimination in the criminal justice system than blacks.

And those commentators, luminaries such as Rush Limbaugh, are widely regarded as leading representatives of the GOP. How could it be otherwise when Republican pols kowtow before them, engage them as campaign surrogates and dare not criticize them?

Thoughtful Republicans — the moderates and right-leaning modernists who accept diversity — need to convene a meeting to take their party back and restore the brand to its pre-1960s luster.

http://www.nationalmemo.com/the-gop-cant-reboot-with-bigots-in-its-midst/

patrickt
08-30-2013, 08:43 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by junie http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=356203#post356203)
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/0...rman-protests/ (http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/02/florida-lawmakers-to-revisit-stand-your-ground-laws-after-zimmerman-protests/)"

The underlying issue would be liberal racism. That's why the lynch mob was formed and Barack Obama and Al Sharpton joined in. It wasn't about Stand Your Ground or self-defense. It was about a man the NYT could pretend was white shooting a black man.

I realize liberals are opposed to self-defense and think the proper response to a deadly assault is to wet your pants and fall on the ground whining but with today's sociopaths, that won't save them.

Now, back to the case of the woman being assaulted, or the 89-year old man being murdered, or Chris Lane being shot in the back, or pick your own favorite of hundreds of crimes to pick from.

jillian
08-30-2013, 08:46 AM
This attack was racially motivated. Listen and watch audio
video of White Woman.

http://conservativebyte.com/2013/08/white-woman-brutally-beaten-group-black-teens-yelling-racial-slurs/

are they being prosecuted?

cool.

patrickt
08-30-2013, 08:46 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by strollingbonez http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=355940#post355940)
"yes i am having trouble with the damn cut and paste thing.....but my point...she should have never gotten outta her car and confronted the teenagers....she went looking for trouble and she found it"

That's what's called blaming the victim, Bonez. "She went looking for trouble." What exactly did she do to get the bottle thrown at her car, Bonez? I missed that part of the story. Was she driving down the street screaming, "Throw a bottle at me."?

She did something foolish so she deserved to be beaten. That is exactly what is called blaming the victim.

Dr. Who
08-30-2013, 08:43 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by strollingbonez http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=355940#post355940)
"yes i am having trouble with the damn cut and paste thing.....but my point...she should have never gotten outta her car and confronted the teenagers....she went looking for trouble and she found it"

That's what's called blaming the victim, Bonez. "She went looking for trouble." What exactly did she do to get the bottle thrown at her car, Bonez? I missed that part of the story. Was she driving down the street screaming, "Throw a bottle at me."?

She did something foolish so she deserved to be beaten. That is exactly what is called blaming the victim.

No one suggests that she deserved to be beaten, but often common sense goes out the window when people are emotional. My experience with groups of juveniles is that they are unpredictable when challenged, even in my day and that was many years ago. While the woman in question had every right to challenge the teens in question, she had no particular reason to expect a civil response, based on common knowledge regarding juvenile group behavior today. Is it blaming the victim to suggest that they ignored common sense? You or your wife have every right to walk around Compton, California at night, but would it be sensible? If the victim lived in 1940, her response would have been justified. Teens were much more respectful then. It is no different than people who refuse to leave their homes when a tornado is coming. They have no reason to expect that they will be spared, but have an emotional attachment to their home, so they stay. What the teens did is reprehensible, but the woman in question would have been better served by taking a common sense approach.

patrickt
08-31-2013, 08:13 AM
No one suggests that she deserved to be beaten, but often common sense goes out the window when people are emotional. My experience with groups of juveniles is that they are unpredictable when challenged, even in my day and that was many years ago. While the woman in question had every right to challenge the teens in question, she had no particular reason to expect a civil response, based on common knowledge regarding juvenile group behavior today. Is it blaming the victim to suggest that they ignored common sense? You or your wife have every right to walk around Compton, California at night, but would it be sensible? If the victim lived in 1940, her response would have been justified. Teens were much more respectful then. It is no different than people who refuse to leave their homes when a tornado is coming. They have no reason to expect that they will be spared, but have an emotional attachment to their home, so they stay. What the teens did is reprehensible, but the woman in question would have been better served by taking a common sense approach.

I don't disagree, Dr. Who, but people are also unpredictable when they're horny. Men and women both do incredibly stupid things that culminate in a rape charge. Suggesting, however slightly, that the woman behaved stupidly is called blaming the victim. Is this any different? Doesn't a woman have a right to drive down the street without having bottles thrown at her? Doesn't she have a right to object to a gang of adolescent girls who threw the bottle without being beaten? I've read on this forum that women should be able to walk down the street naked with absolute safety and respect.

But, "she was asking for it" seems to apply only when convenient. Hypocrisy, anyone?

Agravan
08-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I don't disagree, Dr. Who, but people are also unpredictable when they're horny. Men and women both do incredibly stupid things that culminate in a rape charge. Suggesting, however slightly, that the woman behaved stupidly is called blaming the victim. Is this any different? Doesn't a woman have a right to drive down the street without having bottles thrown at her? Doesn't she have a right to object to a gang of adolescent girls who threw the bottle without being beaten? I've read on this forum that women should be able to walk down the street naked with absolute safety and respect.

But, "she was asking for it" seems to apply only when convenient. Hypocrisy, anyone?

"she/he was asking for it" also only applies to non-black people when they are confronted by vicious blag thugs. Just look at all the Zimmerman threads here and you'll see that as the basic excuse for why Martin was justified in attacking him. Liberalism strikes again.

Dr. Who
08-31-2013, 11:35 AM

I think that pointing out that she was not prudent, is different than saying she was asking for it. Furthermore, while confronting those brats might have made her feel better, had they not beaten her up, ultimately what was the point? If the bottle damaged her car, would they have paid for the damage? Could she have held them there until the police came? She could instead have blasted her horn at them, flipped them the bird and then called the police if her car had been damaged.

patrickt
08-31-2013, 05:26 PM
I think that pointing out that she was not prudent, is different than saying she was asking for it. Furthermore, while confronting those brats might have made her feel better, had they not beaten her up, ultimately what was the point? If the bottle damaged her car, would they have paid for the damage? Could she have held them there until the police came? She could instead have blasted her horn at them, flipped them the bird and then called the police if her car had been damaged.

"She went looking for trouble and she found it." That is closer to "she was asking for it" than "she wasn't acting prudently".

Mister D
08-31-2013, 05:27 PM
"She went looking for trouble and she found it." That is closer to "she was asking for it" than "she wasn't acting prudently".

Poorly expressed, I suppose.

Dr. Who
08-31-2013, 05:48 PM

While I still maintain that the behavior of these juveniles was reprehensible and deserving of any criminal charges and sentence they may receive, we are all acutely aware of the society in which we live. If someone tosses a bottle at your car you might infer that the thrower is a hostile person and possibly in the company of other hostile people. If you are unprepared for a hostile confrontation, it seems unreasonable to invite one where there is otherwise no danger to yourself or anyone else. Hardly any different than deliberately entering a yard where a vicious dog is barking and barring his teeth and expecting that you will be allowed to pass through unscathed.