PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Confused on how to attack Assad - and still embarass Obama

paul alan
08-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Seems Boehner wants Obama to ask the House for permission to use missiles against Assad for the chemical attacks .... and is hearing a cacophony of rants form Republicans ranging anywhere between the neo-tin hats who want to show the world their macho .... and those who want to be sure they embarrass Obama.

What the majority of Republicans want of course is to attack Syria, but to embarrass Obama.

Now, it's how to do both that's causing all the gnashing of teeth among Republicans.

Foreign policy and human rights don't seem to be part of the Republican equation.

:)

Kabuki Joe
08-30-2013, 10:11 AM
...it's none of our business what goes on in Syria...

Chris
08-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Well, paul, why don't you tell us exactly what US policy and strategy should be.

I tend to agree with Joe. But I'd like to see you express what you are for.

Venus
08-30-2013, 10:43 AM
Obama should have kept the Bush foreign policy in place, isolate Syria, do not give them any attention or any credibility.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 10:46 AM

You tend to leave that in the hands of Limbaugh and Levin?

What is your tea party position son?

:blob1:

Chris
08-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Same old taunting trolling DNC-talking point BS, paul, why can't you answer a simple question and tell us what you stand for?

paul alan
08-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Obama should have kept the Bush foreign policy in place, isolate Syria, do not give them any attention or any credibility.

What do House Republicans want, and how will they vote on bombing Syria?

That is the question.

:wink:

patrickt
08-30-2013, 10:56 AM
The confusion is all yours, Paul. We should not attack Syria and President Obama is fully capable of embarrassing himself. It's the only thing he really seems capable of doing well. He's already driven our allies away so he has no one to lead us into battle...from the front.

Venus
08-30-2013, 10:59 AM

That is the question.

They will vote to cover Obama's red line blunder. Obama should never go off the teleprompter.

We have no business going to war with Syria besides we don't have the resourses needed for war. Thank you President Obama for gutting our miltiary.

Kabuki Joe
08-30-2013, 11:05 AM
You tend to leave that in the hands of Limbaugh and Levin?

What is your tea party position son?

:blob1:

...son?...HAH!...I got your son hanging...my tea party?...I'm neither for or against the tea party...let me tell you where I stand, women need to save things, men don't...nuff said...

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:05 AM

That is the question.

What do you want, paul. wink wink

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:08 AM
...son?...HAH!...I got your son hanging...my tea party?...I'm neither for or against the tea party...let me tell you where I stand, women need to save things, men don't...nuff said...

That's what I mean by his trolling. He has no clue who any of us are here so tosses out trolling remarks the ways some throw spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.

Also true to trolling he refuses to take a stand and tell us what he thinks.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 11:11 AM
They will vote to cover Obama's red line blunder.

Obama should never go off the teleprompter.

We have no business going to war with Syria besides we don't have the resourses needed for war. Thank you President Obama for gutting our miltiary.

I certainly hope so. Hopefully the intelligent Republicans will convince the tea party they can find another issue to embarrass Obama, and vote the right thing for the suffering Syrian people.

Kabuki Joe
08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
I certainly hope so. Hopefully the intelligent Republicans will convince the tea party they can find another issue to embarrass Obama, and vote the right thing for the suffering Syrian people.

...LOLOLOLOLOLOL...suffering Syrian people?...damn, you are a woman!...

paul alan
08-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Certainly Boehner won't have his minions return from their 30 day "vacation" if they can't vote to embarrass Obama.

What to do...what to do...what oh what to do...

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Certainly Boehner won't have his minions return from their 30 day "vacation" if they can't vote to embarrass Obama.

What to do...what to do...what oh what to do...

So that's your answer to what you advocate: "What to do...what to do...what oh what to do...".

Common
08-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Obama should drop syria squarely in the lap of congress and let them decide whether to engage syria or not. Either decision they make Obama is off the hook.
If he solely decides to go into syria he will see his popularity plummet.

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Obama should drop syria squarely in the lap of congress and let them decide whether to engage syria or not. Either decision they make Obama is off the hook.

Isn't that what the Constitution requires, let Congress decide?

Kabuki Joe
08-30-2013, 11:26 AM

...it's not our business what happens in Syria...

BB-35
08-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Isn't that what the Constitution requires, let Congress decide?

Paul seems to be under the impression it's just the house that gets to decide

Chris
08-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Paul seems to be under the impression it's just the house that gets to decide

I have little doubt actually that he thinks it's up to Obama.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 11:58 AM

Agree, but I doubt Obama is too worried about his popularity.

Parliament bailed out David Cameron, as he had hoped.

Tea party is praying mightily that Obama avoids Congress - but wants Syria bombed, while Boehner is praying mightily that Obama avoids Congress and doesn't drop Syria in his lap.

Tea party is putting propaganda value first, Boehner is putting his job first.

Watching and listening to the spin on FOX is both confusin' and amusin'

BB-35
08-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Agree, but I doubt Obama is too worried about his popularity.

Parliament bailed out David Cameron, as he had hoped.

Tea party is praying mightily that Obama avoids Congress - but wants Syria bombed, while Boehner is praying mightily that Obama avoids Congress and doesn't drop Syria in his lap.

Where in the world did you get the cracked idea that the Tea party has that much power in congress?

Chris
08-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Where in the world did you get the cracked idea that the Tea party has that much power in congress?

He makes it up.

nic34
08-30-2013, 12:33 PM

How does 45% constantly stop the majority in the senate?

Chris
08-30-2013, 12:35 PM
We're not a majoritarian democracy, nic, much as you might prefer.

paul alan
08-30-2013, 12:38 PM

It's called "pandering to the base"

However imaginery that base is, Boehner and McConnell pander to it.

BB-35
08-30-2013, 12:38 PM
How does 45% constantly stop the majority in the senate?

Iask the question again,Where did you get the cracked idea that the Tea party has that much power in congress?

BB-35
08-30-2013, 12:39 PM

Bullshoooooot

Chris
08-30-2013, 12:43 PM

Which is what all politicians do. Only a partisan would see that myopically.

And how can tea partiers do that when they don't field candidates? Same old canard of a progressive misrepresentation.

nic34
08-30-2013, 12:57 PM
We're not a majoritarian democracy, nic, much as you might prefer.

What does that have to do with rules in the senate?

Chris
08-30-2013, 12:58 PM
What does that have to do with rules in the senate?

Same applies there, nic, look up the rules.

nic34
08-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Which is what all politicians do. Only a partisan would see that myopically.

And how can tea partiers do that when they don't field candidates? Same old canard of a progressive misrepresentation.

Republicans ofter pander to t-p consevatives.... why do you think Bohener is so ineffective?

Chris
08-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Republicans ofter pander to t-p consevatives.... why do you think Bohener is so ineffective?

All politicians pander to the people. Heck, are they not supposed to represent them?

paul alan
08-30-2013, 02:07 PM
A politician will pander to the "base" where he thinks his votes are.

Imagine a Conservative doing this?

OMG!!!

Mainecoons
08-30-2013, 02:10 PM
I can. However, your denial is so deep you actually have deluded yourself into thinking that liberal politicians don't do the same in equal measure.

That's sad, partisan delusion so deep it borders on mental illness.

paul alan
09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Listen to the Republicans wailing and whining: "... please don't make us vote .... it's a trick .... we will be damned if we do and damned if we don't:

Gosh, how sad ....

:kermit:

nic34
09-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Same applies there, nic, look up the rules.

The senate can change or suspend their rules..... not the same.

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Listen to the Republicans wailing and whining: "... please don't make us vote .... it's a trick .... we will be damned if we do and damned if we don't:

Gosh, how sad ....

:kermit:

Link?

Just checked headlines and you seem out of touch, paul. Congressional leaders both sides the aisle support Obama, otherwise Congress is split, and the public is against.

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:50 PM
The senate can change or suspend their rules..... not the same.

That too takes a vote. The problem is they change the way things are done now to get what they want it'll come back to haunt them when the tide has turned.

paul alan
09-03-2013, 04:27 PM
McConnell says "... his Senate will not vote on any measure that doesn't embarrass the President .... 'no shame no vote' ... be damned what Americans want ...."

Nice, eh?

Peter1469
09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Link? The dems control the senate....

Chris
09-03-2013, 04:33 PM
McConnell says "... his Senate will not vote on any measure that doesn't embarrass the President .... 'no shame no vote' ... be damned what Americans want ...."

Nice, eh?

You're making that up the same you made up Bush lost 8 million jobs. Busted again.

Mainecoons
09-03-2013, 04:39 PM
Damn, I didn't know McConnell and the Republicans now control the Senate. Fantastic! Thank you Paul for that obviously very late breaking news.

patrickt
09-03-2013, 04:43 PM
You guys don't realize that liberals don't need links. They are too smart for links.

Mainecoons
09-03-2013, 04:47 PM
That's right. On this board the liberal motto is, "Links? We don't need no steenking links!"

:rofl:

paul alan
09-04-2013, 10:57 AM
The Bloody Ghosts of Bush's Iraq War hang over Washington ....

Shadow of a Doubt
Maureen Dowd

"....In many ways, Syria is an eerie replay of Iraq, but with many of the players scrambled and on opposite sides. Just about the only completely consistent person is John McCain, who’s always spoiling for a fight"

Once more, we see the magnitude of the tragedy of Iraq because the decision on Syria is so colored by the fact that an American president and vice president took us to war in the Middle East on false pretenses and juiced up intelligence, dragging the country into an emotionally and financially exhausting decade of war and an identity crisis about our role in the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/04/opinion/dowd-shadow-of-a-doubt.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

Chris
09-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Another dangerous fraud, John McCain, who has never visited a troubled country he didn’t want to bomb, claims that the anti-Assad rebels are “moderates.” When Fox News host Brian Kilmeade said on Tuesday that he didn’t want to back Syrian rebels who scream “Allahu Akbar!” after bombing buildings, McCain, revealing the Islamophilia behind America’s Arab-Spring foreign policy, replied that those chants don’t bother him. “They are moderates,” he said, dismissing the chants as no more “offensive” than a Christian who says “thank God.” Too bad Kilmeade didn’t ask McCain to give examples of Christians yelling “thank God” after slitting someone’s throat. Naturally, the media, which is always in the tank for radical Islam, praised McCain for his “shaming” of Kilmeade.

@ Obama’s Half-Assad War (http://spectator.org/archives/2013/09/04/obamas-half-assad-war)

patrickt
09-04-2013, 11:11 AM
The Bloody Ghosts of Bush's Iraq War hang over Washington ....

Shadow of a Doubt
Maureen Dowd

"....In many ways, Syria is an eerie replay of Iraq, but with many of the players scrambled and on opposite sides. Just about the only completely consistent person is John McCain, who’s always spoiling for a fight"

Once more, we see the magnitude of the tragedy of Iraq because the decision on Syria is so colored by the fact that an American president and vice president took us to war in the Middle East on false pretenses and juiced up intelligence, dragging the country into an emotionally and financially exhausting decade of war and an identity crisis about our role in the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/04/opinion/dowd-shadow-of-a-doubt.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

That's your link for the bogus McConnell quote?

paul alan
09-04-2013, 11:12 AM
The fumbling, bungling Lone Stranger and his constant companion Dickie:

" ....W. was so black and white, as he mischaracterized and miscalculated, that he ended up driving America into a gray haze, where we’re unsure if our old role as John Wayne taking on the global bad guys is even right.

Peter1469
09-04-2013, 04:09 PM
The Democrat senate voted for limited use of military force.

jillian
09-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Link? The dems control the senate....

Ahem. Mitchypoo has filibustered over 400 times.

Ransom
09-04-2013, 04:42 PM

That is the question.

The President can act by law, it's called the War Powers Act...already. He's needing a distraction and :moron:'s like you will give him one. What a sheep you are.

Peter1469
09-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Ahem. Mitchypoo has filibustered over 400 times.

We he didn't this time.

paul alan
09-05-2013, 08:30 AM
McConnell January 2009: "Our main purpose is to block anything Obama wants to do and assure he does not get a second term"

:(

jillian
09-05-2013, 08:32 AM
We he didn't this time.

your comment was that democrats control the senate. i simply pointed out that sorelosers can stamp their feet, tantrum and block anything they want to.... just for the heck of it....

even if it's totally unprecedented and irrational.

Cigar
09-05-2013, 08:38 AM

...it was none of our business what goes on in Iraq ...

jillian
09-05-2013, 08:39 AM

funny that....

paul alan
09-05-2013, 09:00 AM

So, The President dropped Syria in the lap of Boehner and McConnell, and it burns more than hot coffee!

:poke:

Peter1469
09-05-2013, 10:38 AM
your comment was that democrats control the senate. i simply pointed out that sorelosers can stamp their feet, tantrum and block anything they want to.... just for the heck of it....

even if it's totally unprecedented and irrational.

I don't know that it is unprecedented.

paul alan
09-10-2013, 09:17 AM

The Republicans are having a hissy-fit trying to put their friend Vladmir's suggestion into their frenzied, confused scheme to embarrass Obama.

But once again, the polished politician embarrasses the screaming flock of GOP back benchers.

BB-35
09-10-2013, 12:33 PM
The Republicans are having a hissy-fit trying to put their friend Vladmir's suggestion into their frenzied, confused scheme to embarrass Obama.

But once again, the polished politician embarrasses the screaming flock of GOP back benchers.

Quoting yourself now paul?

paul alan
09-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Today, the FOX News talking heads are the epitome of a frenzied, confused, screaming flock of backbenchers.

Kabuki Joe
09-10-2013, 02:13 PM

...I had to view this one because I saw it in a quote AND I agree Iraq isn't any of our business OTHER THEN they invaded Kuwait...once that was dealt with we should have left them alone...Iraq was better off with Saddam because he kept people in line...

Ransom
09-10-2013, 02:38 PM
Today, the FOX News talking heads are the epitome of a frenzied, confused, screaming flock of backbenchers.

Fox "talking heads?"

Media whore.

paul alan
09-11-2013, 11:42 AM
I wouldn't call Rush Limbaugh a media "whore", more a media "pimp" - he doesn't make calls, he arranges them ....