PDA

View Full Version : Michelle's Home

patrickt
09-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Does Michelle Obama allow President Obama to put his feet on the furniture in her house? This isn't the only picture published with his feet up on the furniture. I have the feeling Michelle doesn't but perhaps that's just me.

Mr Happy
09-01-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm trying to suss out whether this is a sarcastic thread, or one of the weakest I've ever seen started on any messageboard anywhere.

jillian
09-01-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm trying to suss out whether this is a sarcastic thread, or one of the weakest I've ever seen started on any messageboard anywhere.

dollars to doughnuts he's only complaining because he thinks the president should be cleaning the oval office and not working in it.

i'm going to wager this picture didn't bother him much:

or this one:

too funny

Agravan
09-01-2013, 08:13 AM
dollars to doughnuts he's only complaining because he thinks the president should be cleaning the oval office and not working in it.

or this one:

too funny

Why should he have to clean the Oval Office? He, and every other president has a cleaning staff to do that for him.

Oh, wait... It's because he's a black man, right? And because he's black, he should be on the cleaning staff, right? Damn, jillian, you are a true racist, aren't you? It must be disgusting to be you and to have to look at yourself in the mirror every morning and see the ugliness that is a racist. Do your kids know their mother has a heart full of hatred and ugliness towards black people? Does your poor husband? I feel so bad for them having to be near such hatred and racism every day. I feel bad for them, but I pity you. you're pathetic.

Chris
09-01-2013, 08:15 AM

or this one:

too funny

The inevitable it's all Bush'd fault.

Mr Happy
09-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Why should he have to clean the Oval Office? He, and every other president has a cleaning staff to do that for him.

Oh, wait... It's because he's a black man, right? And because he's black, he should be on the cleaning staff, right? Damn, jillian, you are a true racist, aren't you? It must be disgusting to be you and to have to look at yourself in the mirror every morning and see the ugliness that is a racist. Do your kids know their mother has a heart full of hatred and ugliness towards black people? Does your poor husband? I feel so bad for them having to be near such hatred and racism every day. I feel bad for them, but I pity you. you're pathetic.

I think you'll find that it is really the amount of shit that cons give Obama is OTT. And when you struggle to see why, you think there must be a racism angle because any other reason seems so pathetic....Maybe if you guys just genuinely criticised for things that mattered instead of every trivial thing, such as this op ed, it might have some weight.

And I won't even go into the latent racial overtones that appear every now in then in conservative posts. You can't deny there is a section of your population that does have a problem with a black man being in the Oval Office. I mean why the outcry about his birth certificate, or the number of times people refer to him as Barack HUSSEIN Obama (my emphasis). I mean George Bush was alway Jnr, or Dubya or Dumbya, but never George Walker Bush, Bill Clinton was never William Jefferson Clinton and Jimmy Carter was never referred to as James Earl. So, ya know, if you start shit like that expect to get called on it.

Mister D
09-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Suss a little harder, Shlomo. :laugh:

Agravan
09-01-2013, 08:31 AM
I think you'll find that it is really the amount of shit that cons give Obama is OTT. And when you struggle to see why, you think there must be a racism angle because any other reason seems so pathetic....Maybe if you guys just genuinely criticised for things that mattered instead of every trivial thing, such as this op ed, it might have some weight.

And I won't even go into the latent racial overtones that appear every now in then in conservative posts. You can't deny there is a section of your population that does have a problem with a black man being in the Oval Office. I mean why the outcry about his birth certificate, or the number of times people refer to him as Barack HUSSEIN Obama (my emphasis). I mean George Bush was alway Jnr, or Dubya or Dumbya, but never George Walker Bush, Bill Clinton was never William Jefferson Clinton and Jimmy Carter was never referred to as James Earl. So, ya know, if you start shit like that expect to get called on it.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4679277806092999&pid=1.7&w=242&h=170&c=7&rs=1

Chris
09-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Happy's no liberal progressive, naaaaaw.

oceanloverOH
09-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Apparently, many presidents have had a little trouble with propping their feet (or plopping their ass) on the Resolute Desk........

Chris
09-01-2013, 10:13 AM
The buck/shoe/butt stops here?

KC
09-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Apparently, many presidents have had a little trouble with propping their feet (or plopping their ass) on the Resolute Desk........

I think it's a power thing. Who's going to tell them not to?

pragmatic
09-01-2013, 11:05 AM
As a confessed germ freak, i am not a fan of shoes on furniture.

In addition, when someone is sitting/extending/propping their shoes up on a desk it results in the soles of their shoes facing their audience. Which is rude. (slippers in the morning are ok though)

That concludes today's courtesy lesson. Will be back next week to address basic farting etiquette....

patrickt
09-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Sarcastic. The weakest would be the thread that some nitwit started about threads he couldn't imagine a conservative starting.

patrickt
09-01-2013, 01:46 PM

or this one:

too funny

I hope you don't gamble, Jillian. It's one of the numerous things you don't do well.

patrickt
09-01-2013, 01:46 PM

Of course, it has to be racism for the racist liberals because they're so limited intellectually.

patrickt
09-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Of course, if Mr. Happy has taken his happy pills he might be able to understand the joke isn't that President Obama puts his feet up. Most men do. Not many step up on a table like that but many can't. Still a man putting his feet on a table isn't shocking to another man.

But, wives? That's a different matter. Do wives tolerate feet on tables? Not hardly. And, the most powerful man in the U.S., arguably in the world, is terrified of his wife. Recall his reaction when she said his nomination was the first time in her adult life that she'd been proud of the U.S. The future President stood there looking like a deer in the headlights. I'm fairly certain he was afraid to correct her in private, too.

That might be why the poll was nothing about the propriety of putting feet on tables but rather, whether Michelle would permit it and President Obama would disobey Michelle.

Agravan
09-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Of course, if Mr. Happy has taken his happy pills he might be able to understand the joke isn't that President Obama puts his feet up. Most men do. Not many step up on a table like that but many can't. Still a man putting his feet on a table isn't shocking to another man.

But, wives? That's a different matter. Do wives tolerate feet on tables? Not hardly. And, the most powerful man in the U.S., arguably in the world, is terrified of his wife. Recall his reaction when she said his nomination was the first time in her adult life that she'd been proud of the U.S. The future President stood there looking like a deer in the headlights. I'm fairly certain he was afraid to correct her in private, too.

That might be why the poll was nothing about the propriety of putting feet on tables but rather, whether Michelle would permit it and President Obama would disobey Michelle.

This proves the point I made a while ago. Liberals have no sense of humor. Especially when it comes to their messiah.

Ravi
09-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Oh cool this thread again

jillian
09-01-2013, 08:10 PM
The inevitable it's all Bush'd fault.

who said anything about fault?

comprehension is your friend.

Agravan
09-01-2013, 08:44 PM

He certainly isn't your friend.

Chris
09-01-2013, 09:19 PM

You did, jillian. Yes, comprehension is my friend.