PDA

View Full Version : Leftism Makes You Meaner

Mister D
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Wow I didn't hear about this.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/287648/leftism-makes-you-meaner-dennis-prager

SNIP

In 1996, Karen Santorum gave birth to a premature baby boy who died two hours later. After spending the night in the hospital with their baby son between them, the grieving parents brought the lifeless infant home for a brief period because, Santorum explained, it was important to them for their other children to “know they had a brother.” The Santorums didn’t want Gabriel Michael Santorum to be an abstraction to his siblings.
First, Alan Colmes on Fox News: “Once [voters] get a load of some of the crazy things he’s said and done, like taking his two-hour-old baby who died right after childbirth home and played with it for a couple of hours so his other children would know that the child was real . . . ”
Colmes was then interrupted by Rich Lowry: “You are mocking him. They lost a child, Alan. That’s very serious and it’s not something you should be mocking on national TV.”
Colmes’s response: “I’m not mocking the losing of the child. But what I’m saying is I think it shows a certain unusual attitude toward taking a two-hour-baby home who died to play with his other children.”
In addition to engaging in a cheap and mean shot, Colmes simply made up the notion that the Santorums had brought the baby home for their other children “to play with.”
The next day, Eugene Robinson, Pulitzer Prize–winning left-wing columnist for the Washington Post, said on MSNBC that Santorum is “not a little weird. He’s really weird. Some of his positions he’s taken are just so weird that I think some Republicans are going to be off-put. Not everybody is going to be down, for example, with the story of how he and his wife handled the stillborn child whose body they took home to kind of sleep with and introduce to the rest of the family. It’s a very weird story.”

MMC
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Thats okay D.....I always did believe in fighting fire with fire! :wink:

Mister D
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Pretty fucked up though. That's just vicious.

roadmaster
01-10-2012, 02:38 PM
That was mean.

MMC
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Wonder what Clomes and Eugene would have said if it was one of their close friends that did such? As they have No way of knowing how any of this went down. Did the Santoriums take the baby in a casket? Did they have a religious individual there to say prayers. All commenting off the cuff.

Clomes should not have said play. Santorium should have showed up at Clomes front door. Then when Clomes answered it. Santorium should have punched him right in the face.(personally i would wear a weighted glove, as I would want Clomes to always remember the pleasurable experience forever) Despite the use of violence and the Law. Think he would ever say such again? Or would he think first?

Pendragon
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Ah yes, so because an employee of Fox News made a joke in poor taste being a liberal makes you meaner.

What absolute tripe.

MMC
01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Ah yes, so because an employee of Fox News made a joke in poor taste being a liberal makes you meaner.

What absolute tripe.

Unfortunately.....there was no joking!

The meanness of these comments is self-evident, as Alan Colmes realized and later apologized to Santorum. Robinson, on the other hand, never apologized — as RealClearPolitics, which has no political agenda, correctly reported — even though repeatedly challenged to do so on MSNBC.

Leftists’ meanness toward those with whom they differ has no echo on the normative right. Those on the left need to do some soul-searching — because as long as they continue to believe that people on the right are not merely wrong, but vile, they will get increasingly mean. The problem for the Left, however, is that the moment it stops painting the Right as vile, it has to argue the issues.....snip~

Pendragon
01-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh now this is truly too much. For every example of cruelty on the left, there are two on the side of the right. It is as if I am speaking to men who have cut their own ears off in order to ensure their deafness.

wingrider
01-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh now this is truly too much. For every example of cruelty on the left, there are two on the side of the right. It is as if I am speaking to men who have cut their own ears off in order to ensure their deafness.

would you care to post some stats that prove this point or should we just take your word for it.

Colmes is and idiot and Robinson needs to be fired

roadmaster
01-10-2012, 03:51 PM

Being rude is one thing but making fun of a dead baby is another. They needed time to heal and i don't see crazy in what they did. Would they have ever said something like this about Obama? No, they would be praising him for caring.

wingrider
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Being rude is one thing but making fun of a dead baby is another. They needed time to heal and i don't see crazy in what they did. Would they have ever said something like this about Obama? No, they would be praising him for caring.

I think they would expect Obama to raise the baby from the dead after all he is like a god to them

Mister D
01-10-2012, 04:35 PM
I think they would expect Obama to raise the baby from the dead after all he is like a god to them

[/B]

:laugh: