PDA

View Full Version : House Republicans Refuse to Come Back Early from Vacation to Discuss Syria

Cigar
09-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Nothing gets in the way of the Republican House avoiding work. Not even voting on military action in Syria.

House leaders issued a statement saying that “serious, substantive” questions were being raised regarding Syria and they are so glad that the President is asking them to vote because this is so important, constitution, blah blah – oh, and they are going to take the measure up on September 9th, which is another way of saying they are not coming back early from vacation for this “serious, substantive” matter.

Can you imagine if Democrats had told Bush they’d get back to him on Iraq when they were done with vacation?

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/31/house-republicans-refuse-early-vacation-discuss-syria.html

Fist they say ... Obama can't go to War without consulting them ...

Next they will say Obama took too long to decide ....

So ... why not play some Golf :laugh:

Mister D
09-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Good. What's to discuss? We don't need to be there.

Cigar
09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Good. What's to discuss? We don't need to be there.

I agree ... so let's get EVERYONE on Record as saying so, so that there will never be any misunderstandings.

Mister D
09-03-2013, 12:18 PM
I agree ... so let's get EVERYONE on Record as saying so, so that there will never be any misunderstandings.

Have you gone on the record with your new found support for Mid East adventures?

Cigar
09-03-2013, 12:21 PM
I have ZERO Problem with these ...

http://semperfimac.net/auctionpics3/CRUISE MISSILE 2.jpg

Because we all know there won't be any coming back from the other direction :grin:

Mister D
09-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Duly noted.

Cigar
09-03-2013, 12:29 PM
If you're going to send over a $150,000 Bomb ... make it count, so you don't need to send another $150,000 Bomb

Mister D
09-03-2013, 12:33 PM
If you're going to send over a $150,000 Bomb ... make it count, so you don't need to send another $150,000 Bomb

Oh, it will count alright. Explosives usually do. It's just not always the way we want them to but it doesn't matter now. Gotcha.

ptif219
09-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Nothing gets in the way of the Republican House avoiding work. Not even voting on military action in Syria.

House leaders issued a statement saying that “serious, substantive” questions were being raised regarding Syria and they are so glad that the President is asking them to vote because this is so important, constitution, blah blah – oh, and they are going to take the measure up on September 9th, which is another way of saying they are not coming back early from vacation for this “serious, substantive” matter.

Can you imagine if Democrats had told Bush they’d get back to him on Iraq when they were done with vacation?

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/08/31/house-republicans-refuse-early-vacation-discuss-syria.html

More BS Obama has not called them back. The usual fake partisan outrage from liberals

Mainecoons
09-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Good. And when they come back, I hope they tell Obama to shut his yap and stop trying to get us in another war.

Interesting, the definitely conservative followers of Drudge are voting 9 to 1 against getting involved in Syria.

I see that Bonehead wants to, though. What does that tell you about him and the rest of the Republicrats, besides that they all need to go?

Mister D
09-03-2013, 12:41 PM
More BS Obama hsa not called them back. The usual fake partisan outrage from liberals

Didn't you hear? Since BO took office bombing is funny! :undecided:

ptif219
09-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Didn't you hear? Since BO took office bombing is funny! :undecided:

Obama once again is setting a trap for the GOP to use in the 2014 election

Mainecoons
09-03-2013, 12:46 PM
The GOP under Bonehead and McCatastrophe:

nic34
09-03-2013, 12:54 PM
They'll nominate a Christie or a Bush, maybe a Rubio..... <yawn>

Alas, no way a Bachmann, or a Ryan or a Paul would ever make the cut....now THAT would be fun to watch!:laugh:

Cigar
09-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Oh, it will count alright. Explosives usually do. It's just not always the way we want them to but it doesn't matter now. Gotcha.

After getting a 2 week Warning ... anyone in the way is either deaf, dumb or flat out stupid.

As I see it ... anyone who gasses and poisons to death innocent Men, Women and Children ... has obviously crossed the Line ... Red or any other color; and they'll do it to us if they think we don't have the stones to put them in check.

If you see a woman or child getting punched in the face ... are you going to say it's not any of my business?

You don't have to be Black President to see that.

Mister D
09-03-2013, 01:05 PM
How you see things depends upon who is President. Believe, I expected nothing less so I'm not surpirsed or disappointed.

As for your question, are you implying we should intervene everywhere people are being killed? Wow. You turned into a hawkish neocon really fast!

jillian

well, if they come back, they might actually have to do something.

wouldn't want them to strain themselves.

Mister D
well, if they come back, they might actually have to do something.

wouldn't want them to strain themselves.

They will for AIPAC. :wink:

Cigar
09-03-2013, 01:09 PM
How you see things depends upon who is President. Believe, I expected nothing less so I'm not surpirsed or disappointed.

As for your question, are you implying we should intervene everywhere people are being killed? Wow. You turned into a hawkish neocon really fast!

Absolutely not ... we watch death and destruction from a distance all the time.

Cigar
09-03-2013, 01:10 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130903-to-strike-or-not-to-strike-syria.jpg

Mister D
09-03-2013, 01:11 PM
Absolutely not ... we watch death and destruction from a distance all the time.

Right.

If you see a woman or child getting punched in the face ... are you going to say it's not any of my business?

Now you know the answer to that silly question.

keymanjim
09-03-2013, 01:27 PM

Should I lob a cruise missile at the person punching her?