PDA

View Full Version : The President Has Republicans Backed Against a Wall

paul alan
09-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Republicans got what they asked for - media attention - and now they tearing each other apart trying to figure out what the hell they should do next.

The GOP's lame attempts to avoid the issue are just that - lame. While they would rather vote a 41st time to repeal Obamacare, they are faced with being the focus of the world on the Syria vote.

The President has passed the buck to Republicans - and Republicans can't duck ....

This is fun!

:)

jillian
09-03-2013, 01:01 PM
while i'm not sure i agree with 'passing the buck' to the GOP when he really doesn't have to, it does seem that they do have to actually do something besides snipe at the president.

i wonder if they actually remember how to do that.

Agravan
09-03-2013, 01:07 PM
He's just looking for someone to blame for his cowardice and stupidity. If Reps vote to intervene, any repercussion will be their fault, even though it's what Obama wants to do. If they vote not to intervene, same thing. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Mainecoons
09-03-2013, 01:07 PM
The U.K. Parliament showed them exactly what they need to do.

Everyone but you two has figured out that Obama is looking for them to get him out of the jam he created with his big mouth and small brain.

That actually is a good reason to give him a resolution that clearly puts the call back on him.

I admire the non-hypocrite liberals, none of whom we have here, who are picketing Kerry's house. They are being honest and consistent--Bush war mongering wasn't OK with them and neither is Obama war mongering.

As for you two. . . .

paul alan
09-03-2013, 01:13 PM
while i'm not sure i agree with 'passing the buck' to the GOP when he really doesn't have to, it does seem that they do have to actually do something besides snipe at the president.

Well, the buck does stop with the President, but he can and should pass it when the play allows - like every good quarterback!

And President Obama is a very deft quarterback who sees the field very clearly

keymanjim
09-03-2013, 01:14 PM
Republicans got what they asked for - media attention - and now they tearing each other apart trying to figure out what the hell they should do next.

The GOP's lame attempts to avoid the issue are just that - lame. While they would rather vote a 41st time to repeal Obamacare, they are faced with being the focus of the world on the Syria vote.

The President has passed the buck to Republicans - and Republicans can't duck ....

This is fun!

Vote "present".

It worked for your boy when he was a senator.

paul alan
09-03-2013, 01:16 PM
He's just looking for someone to blame for his cowardice and stupidity. If Reps vote to intervene, any repercussion will be their fault, even though it's what Obama wants to do. If they vote not to intervene, same thing. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Backed against a wall ....

Agravan
09-03-2013, 01:20 PM
Backed against a wall ....

Who? Obama? I agree.

paul alan
09-03-2013, 01:20 PM
.... it does seem that they do have to actually do something besides snipe at the president.

Republicans' job assignment is back bench sniping, and that's all they know .... and the President knows it ....

jillian
09-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Republicans' job assignment is back bench sniping, and that's all they know .... and the President knows it ....

there is that...

hence the record low congressional approval ratings.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Fourteen percent of Americans now approve of Congress and 81% disapprove. Americans' views of Congress have been highly stable, and highly negative, throughout the year.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163964/congress-approval-rating-remains-near-historical-lows.aspx

Cigar
09-03-2013, 01:24 PM

The President didn't conceded anything ... he just allowed them to unzip their fly.

Now they have pull out out something other than NO!

paul alan
09-03-2013, 01:53 PM
there is that...

hence the record low congressional approval ratings.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163964/congress-approval-rating-remains-near-historical-lows.aspx

The President is playing Republicans like a fiddle, and I'm not sure Boehner and his people object to being led around by their noses.

President Obama is a skilled politician who knows exactly what to do with bin Laden, Assad and the GOP.

keymanjim
09-03-2013, 02:10 PM
The President is playing Republicans like a fiddle, and I'm not sure Boehner and his people object to being led around by their noses.

President Obama is a skilled politician who knows exactly what to do with bin Laden, Assad and the GOP.

LOL! He waffled on binladen. The only reason why he wants to bomb Syria is because the side he backed, al queda, is getting their asses handed to them. That's why they invented this gas attack meme.

Cigar
09-03-2013, 02:13 PM
:thinking: The Nuts are back

jillian
09-03-2013, 02:15 PM
LOL! He waffled on binladen. The only reason why he wants to bomb Syria is because the side he backed, al queda, is getting their asses handed to them. That's why they invented this gas attack meme.

waffled on bin laden?

you really don't care what you write, do you?

Common
09-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Republicans whined the president needed to get congress approval, one even said obama should be impeached if he acted in syria without congressional approval. So he asks for congressional approval then the same republicans say hes weak. Typical of right wingdings. So now congress either does or doesnt and its on them where they wanted it.

Chris
09-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Along with low Presidential rating and extremely low Direction ratings.

Up against what wall. The party of no will vote no and I have little doubt dems will vote yes.

Chris
09-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Republicans whined the president needed to get congress approval, one even said obama should be impeached if he acted in syria without congressional approval. So he asks for congressional approval then the same republicans say hes weak. Typical of right wingdings. So now congress either does or doesnt and its on them where they wanted it.

He is a weak president. He painted himself in a corner with his thin red line and then he punted.

zelmo1234
09-03-2013, 02:34 PM

How soon we forget?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/08/30/flashback_biden_threatens_bush_with_impeachment_fo r_military_strike_without_congressional_authorizat ion.html

But what about building a coalition?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/04/26/some-house-democrats-demand-hearings-on-iraq/

And of course we have a possible lie? Obama says that there were 1400+ killed the French say 281?

http://www.yourmiddleeast.com/news/france-says-at-least-281-killed-in-syria-chemical-attack_17616

So I will ask the Liberals? Why are we planning on going into or using force against Assad in Syria when if he is tossed from office the alternative is worse for us than he is, and He is no threat to the USA? We have absolutely NO support for this actions and last Sadam killed a lot more people with gas attacks and you did not want to remove him from office?

What has changed?

PS! I think we should get ride of hundreds of cruise missiles and give him a little taste of the full power of the US military. 48 hours of non stop hell on earth should be enough to send the message!

keymanjim
09-03-2013, 02:35 PM
waffled on bin laden?

you really don't care what you write, do you?
Look who's talking.

keymanjim
09-03-2013, 02:36 PM
It must suck to be him.

And you, I would imagine.

nic34
09-03-2013, 02:38 PM

And the congress isn't even is session..... must not be a big deal this time....

patrickt
09-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Well, the buck does stop with the President, but he can and should pass it when the play allows - like every good quarterback!

Everyone is well aware that the buck stops with the President...President Bush, that is. President Obama takes credit for things he had nothing to do with and passes the buck on everything else.

Paul Allen, like most liberals, get a woody at the thought of lining people up against the wall. Ah, the heroes of the left like Stalin, Beria, Pol Pot, Guevara, they knew what walls were for.

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:00 PM
And the congress isn't even is session..... must not be a big deal this time....

That's what I noticed immediately, the Prez turning it over to Congress when they're not in session till the 9th. It indicates to me he's in no rush, perhaps doesn't want to attack, perhaps sees this as face saving.

Mainecoons
09-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Very good point, Paul. We have a POTUS who like to pass the buck. Now that the Bush Whine is long since played out, he's looking for new opportunities in this area.

And here I thought you didn't appreciate the real Barack Obama!

:rofl:

paul alan
09-03-2013, 03:28 PM
We all stood silent when George Zimmerman murdered an unarmed black youth - Trayvon Martin.

I think it is unlikely that the world will stand silent while Assad murders unarmed, innocent muslim women and children.

:sad:

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:30 PM
We all stood silent when George Zimmerman murdered an unarmed black youth - Trayvon Martin.

I think it is unlikely that the world will stand silent while Assad murders unarmed, innocent muslim women and children.

No, we all stood silent and unified after 9/11. That has passed.

Agravan
09-03-2013, 03:30 PM

Zimmerman "murdered" no one.
NOT GUILTY

paul alan
09-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Assad's Courts say he murdered no one.

Not Guilty!

:(

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Assad's Courts say he murdered no one.

Not Guilty!

:(

So then obama was wrong to want to attack. Thanks, paul.

paul alan
09-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Cheney offered Kerry his pictures of that milk truck that he swears to this day was a mobile poison gas dispenser

Kerry thanked him, but declined

:kermit:

Chris
09-03-2013, 03:52 PM
What, you're distracting and trolling your own thread now, paul. :moron:

paul alan
09-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Cheney could see no reason Kerry wouldn't use his air shots of that tire factory, where the tire tracks were proven to be huge trailers carrying away poison missiles to be fired at America.

keymanjim
09-03-2013, 04:52 PM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard_zpse5e1ed2a.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/keymanjim/media/you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard_zpse5e1ed2a.jpg.html)

Matty
09-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Sure they do. All they have to do is remind everyone that obummer stood around with his thumb up his ass for 2 years while the death toll in Syria climbed to about 60,000. Now he want to act?

ptif219
09-03-2013, 05:51 PM

This is fun!

You mean Obama wants the GOP to bail him out since he has egg on his face. first he said Assad must go then he claimed a redline then he moved the redline. He threatened a military strike now he calls in the GOP so he can blame the GOP and use it in the 2014 election.

What Obama has done is show he is not a leader and that he is an incompetent commander in chief.

TheDictator
09-03-2013, 07:42 PM

He could not see crap in a cow field.

paul alan
09-04-2013, 11:07 AM
What we saw at the Senate hearing yesterday was Republicans saying: "

... I'll vote yes, uh wait .... I'll vote no, uh wait... "... I'll vote yes, uh wait .... I'll vote no, uh wait... "... I'll vote yes, uh wait .... I'll vote no, uh wait... "... I'll vote yes, uh wait .... I'll vote no, uh wait... "

"Mitch, we need a meeting ...."

Chris
09-04-2013, 11:16 AM
What we saw...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hozn1FAQ-Vg

paul alan
09-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Dickie Cheney's phone call to John Kerry:

"John, just tell these morons Syria has nuclear missiles pointed at Cleveland ready to fire .... they'll poop their pants and vote anything you want .... trust me ...."

Mainecoons
09-04-2013, 12:36 PM
Yep, you're right. It worked like a champ with Kerry and the rest of the Democrats last time. Should work even better now.

:grin:

Chris
09-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Dickie Cheney's phone call to John Kerry:

"John, just tell these morons Syria has nuclear missiles pointed at Cleveland ready to fire .... they'll poop their pants and vote anything you want .... trust me ...."

Can't seem to find that anywhere, paul, you back to just making stuff and nonsense up?

ptif219
09-04-2013, 01:42 PM
It seems even liberals are not buying the Obama/Kerry BS

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2013/sep/4/liberals-reject-obamas-case-syria-strikes-believe-/

Mainecoons
09-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Obombers French Ally!

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Hollande.png

paul alan
09-05-2013, 08:46 AM
"It's not my redline .... it's the civilized world's redline"

Tea party is having a problem arguing with that body slam ....

Cigar
09-05-2013, 08:52 AM
We have to fight them over there so we don't have to fight them over here!!!!!

Do you want to see a mushroom cloud?

Don't you want them to have democracy!!!!!!!

Why do you hate America!!!!

They probably have yellow cake!!!!

The enemy of our enemy is now our friend.

If we don't strike now, they may think they can get away with it!

Think of the children!

What about the about babies and incubators????

... sound familiar? :laugh:

Peter1469
09-05-2013, 10:34 AM

That is right... it isn't Obama's Red line (anymore) :shocked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxwfaIAl_Q

Cigar
09-05-2013, 10:51 AM
The Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) treaty (RED-Line) was signed January 13th 1993 that outlaws the production, stockpiling, and use of Chemical Weapons.

If my memory is correct .... George H. W. Bush was President for 7 more days. :laugh:

ptif219
09-06-2013, 05:09 PM

Obama blames everyone else for what he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRn7Eswn1SA

ptif219
09-06-2013, 05:10 PM
The Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) treaty (RED-Line) was signed January 13th 1993 that outlaws the production, stockpiling, and use of Chemical Weapons.

If my memory is correct .... George H. W. Bush was President for 7 more days. :laugh:

Funny Obama didn't mention that a year ago

BB-35
09-06-2013, 05:14 PM
'That's not the red line you're looking for.....'

paul alan
09-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Still utter confusion in the Republican Party .... haven't seen this since 1860 and 1964.

It's big .... huge ....

Mainecoons
09-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Alan West has your number, genius.

paul alan
09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Got a link?

Chris
09-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Still utter confusion in the Republican Party .... haven't seen this since 1860 and 1964.

It's big .... huge ....

When was the last time a president split the Democrat Party?

BB-35
09-06-2013, 10:51 PM

It's big .... huge ....

Is Paul saying he saw the 'confusion' in the Republican party in 1860???

Mainecoons
09-07-2013, 07:44 AM
This joke of a President has his tail between his legs on this, exactly as I predicted.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/06/obama-hints-his-may-abandon-syria-strike/

paul alan
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Tea party and Vlad Putin are on the same page with regards Assad .... buddies, ya know?

Just where tea party wants to be: in the back benches, whining and complaining - with the communists.

Chris
09-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Tea party and Vlad Putin are on the same page with regards Assad .... buddies, ya know?

Just where tea party wants to be: in the back benches, whining and complaining - with the communists.

"communists" :roflmao: Trolling falls flat when you can't get your history right.

Peter1469
09-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Putin would likely be very happy to see the US entangled in another ME war. Look at all the consolidation Russia has done while the US has been preoccupied in Iraq and Afghanistan.

paul alan
09-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Putin would likely be very happy to see the US entangled in another ME war.

As would the tea party .... but they want credit for it ....

Peter1469
09-08-2013, 02:19 PM
As would the tea party .... but they want credit for it ....

Incorrect. The Tea Party(ies) or for less foriegn involvement, not more.

paul alan
09-08-2013, 02:22 PM
You jest of course.

All of the tea party who are still around - and in the closet at the time - were vociferous (proclaimed loudly) for Bush and the Iraq war ...

Peter1469
09-08-2013, 02:31 PM
You jest of course.

All of the tea party who are still around - and in the closet at the time - were vociferous (proclaimed loudly) for Bush and the Iraq war ...

:huh:

The Tea Part(ies) didn't really become organized until after the economic crash....

Mainecoons
09-08-2013, 04:57 PM
This genius thinks the TP was around when Bush, the Republicrats and the Demicans got us into Iraq?

Liberals--you can't fix stupid.

Chris
09-08-2013, 06:02 PM
He must be talking about grayed haired aunts having tea parties.

paul alan
09-09-2013, 01:06 PM
:huh:

The Tea Part(ies) didn't really become organized until after the economic crash....

Well, until one day after a black, Democrat was elected President.

Anyway, the point is the 'tea party' mentality existed as the "neo cons"

And that mentality hasn't changed one iota.....

BB-35
09-09-2013, 01:16 PM
When was a 'black' democrat elected president?

paul alan
09-09-2013, 01:25 PM
When was a 'black' democrat elected president?

Dick Armey and David Koch can answer that to the nearest second ....

Chris
09-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Actually anyone can, not yet.

Chris
09-09-2013, 01:42 PM
Well, until one day after a black, Democrat was elected President.

Anyway, the point is the 'tea party' mentality existed as the "neo cons"

And that mentality hasn't changed one iota.....

Tea partiers and neocons are at opposite ends of the political spectrum. Keep trying.

Mainecoons
09-09-2013, 01:47 PM
No matter how much he tries, it isn't going to get any better. I think we're dealing with some high school kid here, frankly.

paul alan
09-11-2013, 12:29 PM
Foreseeing a bitter defeat in the Syrian crises, Boehner called a caucus of the Republican big guys to set out a strategy for using the debt limit issue to block Obamacare.

Not exactly a new strategy, but the anguish and arm biting at this caucus likely helped ease the pain of the Republican Syrian embarassment

WASHINGTON — The House Republican leadership signaled Tuesday that Republicans would support an essential increase in the nation’s debt limit in mid-October only if President Obama (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/o/barack_obama/index.html?inline=nyt-per) and Democrats agree to delay putting his health insurance program into full effect — a demand that sets the stage for another economically risky confrontation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/us/politics/gop-eyes-hard-line-against-health-care-law.html?ref=politics&_r=0
(http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/us/politics/gop-eyes-hard-line-against-health-care-law.html?ref=politics&_r=0)

ptif219
09-11-2013, 12:38 PM
Foreseeing a bitter defeat in the Syrian crises, Boehner called a caucus of the Republican big guys to set out a strategy for using the debt limit issue to block Obamacare.

Not exactly a new strategy, but the anguish and arm biting at this caucus likely helped ease the pain of the Republican Syrian embarassment

WASHINGTON — The House Republican leadership signaled Tuesday that Republicans would support an essential increase in the nation’s debt limit in mid-October only if President Obama (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/o/barack_obama/index.html?inline=nyt-per) and Democrats agree to delay putting his health insurance program into full effect — a demand that sets the stage for another economically risky confrontation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/us/politics/gop-eyes-hard-line-against-health-care-law.html?ref=politics&_r=0
(http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/us/politics/gop-eyes-hard-line-against-health-care-law.html?ref=politics&_r=0)

Seems like the GOP is taking things from the Obama and unions playbook

BB-35
09-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Dick Armey and David Koch can answer that to the nearest second ....

I'm asking YOU,slick.....