PDA

View Full Version : Dissociative Amnesia, Bright Shining Lie, And No's

Chris
09-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Dissociative Amnesia

In Stockholm, Obama Loses Touch with Reality (http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2013/09/04/in-stockholm-barack-obama-loses-touch-with-reality-syri/)

...Consider what Mr. Obama, in Stockholm earlier today, said in response to a question about Syria:

First of all, I didn’t set a red line. The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world’s population said the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use, even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty. Congress set a red line when it indicated that in a piece of legislation entitled the Syria Accountability Act that some of the horrendous things happening on the ground there need to be answered for. So, when I said in a press conference that my calculus about what’s happening in Syria would be altered by the use of chemical weapons, which the overwhelming consensus of humanity says is wrong, that wasn’t something I just kind of made up. I didn’t pluck it out of thin air. There’s a reason for it.

The president added this:

My credibility is not on the line. The international community’s credibility is on the line and America and Congress’s credibility is on the line because we give lip service to the notion that these international norms are important.

So literally everyone else in the world is to blame except the president.

Mr. Obama appears to be suffering from a variation of what psychiatrists refer to as dissociation, which is characterized by everything from mild to severe detachment from reality and one’s immediate surroundings.

In this particular case, the president seems to have dissociative amnesia, apparently having forgotten that a year ago last month he did, in fact, draw a red line. (Note the use of the first-person pronouns by the president — “That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”) The president may have forgotten, too, that he promised that crossing this red line would be a “game changer” (it was not). That Assad had to go (Assad is still in power, stronger than before). That he promised to arm Syrian rebels (he hasn’t). That his “coalition of the willing” may include, if we’re lucky, one other country besides America. And that on the matter of the Use of Force Resolution he was against going to Congress before he was for going to Congress.

The cause of Mr. Obama’s dissociation appears to be the psychological trauma induced by his multi-year fiasco in Syria. And in order to cope, we are seeing signs of anger, petulance, and hero syndrome and, as is always the case with this president, blame shifting. ...

Nah, Psychologist’s Fallacy (http://fallacyaday.com/2011/10/psychologists-fallacy/).

Bright Shining Lie

John Kerry’s Bright Shining Lie (http://spectator.org/archives/2013/09/05/john-kerrys-bright-shining-lie)

...The suddenly furious debate over Syria has two very blunt problems.

Lying.

And telling the hard truth. The latter also known as Iran.

Let’s deal first with what can only be called John Kerry’s problems with what might be called a “Bright Shining Lie.”

“Bush Lied” was a lie.

No matter.

The anti-war left sold this leftist lie like corn flakes…and they had lots of help. And one of the people who recklessly helped sell the notion that “Bush Lied” was his 2004 Democratic opponent — John Kerry. And another? Barack Obama.

“We were misled. We were given evidence that was not true.” So said Kerry in one of his milder moments, giving no credence to the idea that the intelligence provided Bush — and Kerry himself as a Senator from Massachusetts — was simply wrong. Bush, said Obama in his campaign book The Audacity of Hope, had deliberately been “shading intelligence reports” and “grossly misstating” the facts of Iraq, refusing, again deliberately, to give “an honest accounting.”

The truth?

There was, in fact, no evidence that George W. Bush had lied to take the nation into the war in Iraq, as reported afterwards in any number of places, this story written by an editor of the anti-Bush New Republic being but one.

The TNR story was run in the June 16, 2008 edition of the equally anti-Bush Los Angeles Times with this headline:

The White House didn’t lie about Iraq
No matter what the Dems say, the evidence against Bush simply isn’t there....

Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them :smiley_ROFLMAO:

No's

The “no’s” keep piling up on Syria resolution in the House (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2013/09/05/prospects-for-syria-resolution-dimming-in-house/)

Congress took the first formal step toward approving military action in Syria on Wednesday, with the Senate Foreign Relations Committee’s 10-7 vote to send its resolution to the full chamber.

But whether or not the resolution winds up passing in the Senate, the real hurdle remains in the GOP-controlled House. And things on that front are looking progressively dimmer for the Obama administration.

Over the last two days, scores of members — most of them Republicans, but many of them Democrats — have expressed their opposition to the use of force in Syria.

According to The Fix’s handy-dandy whip count, the ranks of the opposition more than doubled from 34 on Tuesday morning to 86 by Thursday morning.

http://i.snag.gy/hVE57.jpg

patrickt
09-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Sen. Kerry has been lying since before he entered politics and becoming a politician made lying a professional act and not just a character flaw.

The only thing President Obama said that is true is that his credibility is on the line. He had no credibility before, he has no credibility now, so nothing is on the line.

Chris
09-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Obama making little headway with getting Congress to support attack on Syria (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-making-little-headway-with-getting-congress-to-support-attack-on-syria/2013/09/05/7d51ddfe-1640-11e3-be6e-dc6ae8a5b3a8_story.html)

Nearly a week into President Obama’s campaign to convince Congress that airstrikes against Syria are necessary, he has achieved little headway against a wall of skepticism on Capitol Hill.

The president’s challenge is made more difficult by the fact that the two parties are splintered on the issue — and that lawmakers say they are hearing virtually no support for an attack from their constituents at home.....

Talk about divisive, Obama has now split the Democrats. What was he thinking.