PDA

View Full Version : Tea party Is On The Same Page with Putin on Assad .... GOP thinking about it!

paul alan
09-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Tea party seems to endorse Putin's support of Assad's murder of thousands of Syrian women and children.

They are both against Obama's and the UN's position.

GOP says they will hold a caucus to formulate their position.

"Out of the mouth of babes ....."

:douchebag:

countryboy
09-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Tea party seems to endorse Putin's support of Assad's murder of thousands of Syrian women and children.

You speak of "Tea Party", as if it were some kind of monolithic hive mentality organization.

Where did you supposedly glean this earth shattering revelation?

Singularity
09-05-2013, 06:08 PM
That's a bridge too far. For one, the Tea Party as countryboy pointed out is not composed of any one organization. For another, opposition to military intervention in Syria is broadly bipartisan in nature as things currently stand, just as there are supporters of the decision all over the spectrum. You really cannot accomplish anything at all beyond creating a ridiculously founded and executed bit of troll bait with this thread, without considering these obvious facts.

patrickt
09-05-2013, 06:09 PM
"Tea party seems to endorse Putin's support of Assad's murder of thousands of Syrian women and children."

And someone seems to be a troll who is full of crap.

paul alan
09-05-2013, 06:12 PM
"Thoroughly bi-partisan" includes all the enemies of the U.S......

Yes, we know ....

:dancing:

paul alan
09-05-2013, 06:13 PM

Yes, we know ....

That's the page tea party and Putin are on.

pragmatic
09-05-2013, 06:13 PM

Silly pointless distortion....

paul alan
09-05-2013, 06:18 PM
You speak of "Tea Party", as if it were some kind of monolithic hive mentality organization.

Where did you supposedly glean this earth shattering revelation?

I must have gotten that from Sarah ... she wants to be part of something ..... anything!

:weedsmoking:

Singularity
09-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Yes, we know ....

For fuck's sake, man. This forum is full up on conservative trolls. Political diversity in idiocy is not required.

paul alan
09-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Relax fella, enjoy the "diversity"

:love7:

Chris
09-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Seems like it's always someone else's fault.

Peter1469
09-05-2013, 06:43 PM
It is still likely that the rebels launched the chemical attacks; despite what the partisans claim.

paul alan
09-05-2013, 08:04 PM
It is still likely that the rebels launched the chemical attacks; despite what the partisans claim.

Yup, that's what Putin said ....

Chris
09-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Perhaps Putin is right and Obama wrong. It happens.

paul alan
09-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Tea party Is On The Same Page with Putin on Assad ....

Not a problem.

:)

Chris
09-05-2013, 08:22 PM
No, it's not a problem.

Mr Happy
09-05-2013, 08:24 PM

Really? How so?

Peter1469
09-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Let the Sunnis and Shiites kill each other. That serves our national security interests.

jillian
09-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Let the Sunnis and Shiites kill each other. That serves our national security interests.

perhaps... but telling iran they can do whatever they feel like....

isn't.

Dangermouse
09-05-2013, 08:41 PM
A KGB thug dictator's word is always preferable to an American President's for a teapartier.

Mister D
09-05-2013, 08:44 PM
A KGB thug dictator's word is always preferable to an American President's for a teapartier.

I understand that the UK is irrelevant so you prefer American politics because it actually matters. OK. The thing is you don't seem to know much about American politics.

Chloe
09-05-2013, 08:46 PM

I know it's just fiction from a book but in the book Mockingjay, which is the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy, the rebels bomb innocent children inside of the capital in order to make it look like the oppressive government did it in efforts to rally support for the revolution. It's found out by the main character in the book and exposed but the basic idea is the same in my opinion. It could very well happen in real life and probably has happened before.

Mister D
09-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I know it's just fiction from a book but in the book Mockingjay, which is the final book in the Hunger Games trilogy, the rebels bomb innocent children inside of the capital in order to make it look like the oppressive government did it in efforts to rally support for the revolution. It's found out by the main character in the book and exposed but the basic idea is the same in my opinion. It could very well happen in real life and probably has happened before.

You'd think people would be a little more skeptical.

jillian
09-05-2013, 08:47 PM

right... but as you said, chloe, it's fiction.

Chloe
09-05-2013, 08:49 PM
right... but as you said, chloe, it's fiction.

True but it's kind of eerily similar in concept. It's definitely an act that a rebellion could use to get massive amounts of support as long as they aren't found out.

Mister D
09-05-2013, 08:50 PM
True but it's kind of eerily similar in concept. It' definitely an act that a rebellion could use to get massive amounts of support as long as they aren't found out.

Right and it's certainly plausible. It would be a really foolish thing for Assad to do...

jillian
09-05-2013, 08:50 PM
True but it's kind of eerily similar in concept. It' definitely an act that a rebellion could use to get massive amounts of support as long as they aren't found out.

all good literature has an element of truth.... or at least of possibility. it shouldn't be the basis for our foreign policy.

Chloe
09-05-2013, 08:59 PM
all good literature has an element of truth.... or at least of possibility. it shouldn't be the basis for our foreign policy.

Oh I agree but I just thought it was kind of a cool comparison between literature and real life.

zelmo1234
09-05-2013, 09:04 PM

Yes, we know ....

That's the page tea party and Putin are on.

It is also the side that the UN happens to be on! You see Obama, unlike GWB did not get any UN resolutions!

He does not have the support of other countries

And there is not good outcome?

So maybe you should look before you leap?

Peter1469
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
There is a good chance that the chem attack was staged by the rebels to get the West involved.

And even if it was Assad, under current international law, if the US is not threatened with an attack. it must get approval from the UN security council.

Singularity
09-05-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't support war, but Assad must be brought to heel in some way.

The U.S. has defined a policy of not allowing the usage of WMDs in warfare at any time for any reason.

If WMDs are allowed to be used on civilians... in the face of evidence that a government did so...

the world doesn't have much of any reason to take anything we say seriously.

I've yet to see a shred of evidence that the "rebels" were capable of executing this attack.

Chris
09-05-2013, 10:04 PM

BS. Sometimes Obama is just plain wrong.

Peter1469
09-06-2013, 05:11 AM
I don't support war, but Assad must be brought to heel in some way.

The U.S. has defined a policy of not allowing the usage of WMDs in warfare at any time for any reason.

If WMDs are allowed to be used on civilians... in the face of evidence that a government did so...

the world doesn't have much of any reason to take anything we say seriously.

I've yet to see a shred of evidence that the "rebels" were capable of executing this attack.

US intel sources have said that the case that the regime did it is not certain.

zelmo1234
09-06-2013, 05:25 AM
I seem to remember the phrase " Bush lied, people dies" And all this time I thought it was a protest? Turns out it was these liberals way of supporting his actions? Who would have thought

While is see no positive outcome in Syria, I can't stand the use of Chemical Weapons. (Sadam gasses his own people too, lest the liberals forget) I do not remember them calling for a bombing run then? Maybe I have forgotten

Because the current leader is terrible and the leaders that would replace him are even worse? What is to be done?

If we could destroy or somehow take control of the stash of Chemical weapons and/or there delivery systems, The Yes we should do this, but removing bad leader for a worse one? NO!

Singularity
09-06-2013, 08:52 AM
US intel sources have said that the case that the regime did it is not certain.
I don't think those guys ever call anything certain. Even when they found Bin Laden where they did, they said "maybe."

The most cautious understanding of events that I'm willing to accept is that a completely rouge actor within the regime either used the weapons or provided them to a group of "rebels" he knew would use them on civillians. The idea that a core faction of rebels deliberately gassed themselves in order to attract intl. assistance is not one that I've seen anyone in a position to understand the situation suggest either happened or was even possible.

Assad is bold and stupid enough to have done it even with the UN on his neck.

Then again, given how things have gone so far, maybe he wasn't so stupid after all.

Ransom
09-06-2013, 10:37 AM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMhrKxD4Px8n98eTidQWp2B8rZGIfR1 gLW_Ochr1sVyErY7sZ4ig

How quickly we forget.

Ransom
09-06-2013, 10:37 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdfcRzp7QHwEmVJGn1mLINK8R9ghWEM vjBLifYAW5fGvnEwLj5DQ

paul alan
09-06-2013, 11:39 AM
I don't support war, but Assad must be brought to heel in some wa

The U.S. doesn't have the military, political or moral capability to bring any Muslim nation or dictator "to heel"

Bush invaded a harmless, defenseless Iraq to bring Saddam "to heel" - and what the U.S. got out of it was 400,000 dead and injured soldiers - for a budget sapping $3 trillion

...while the Sunni and Shiite continue to kill each other as they have for 3,000 years - and 3 billion Muslim have only increased their anger against the U.S.

:rollseyes:

paul alan
09-06-2013, 11:58 AM
http://my2bucks.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/bush-saudi-hand-holding-2.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=6Lq6IeD_nMEvpM&tbnid=qxg7JBJ0INGjmM:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmy2bucks.com%2F2009%2F11%2F18%2Fh ow-dare-obama-bow-%25E2%2580%2593-but-it%25E2%2580%2599s-fine-for-bush-and-nixon%2F&ei=FgkqUrrXD4Wi9QTYkYGACg&psig=AFQjCNFe-gvKQ8wdZUp6U_hyItp_jXSfxg&ust=1378572950325727)

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

:wink:

BB-35
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
The U.S. doesn't have the military, political or moral capability to bring any Muslim nation or dictator "to heel"

Bush invaded a harmless, defenseless Iraq to bring Saddam "to heel" - and what the U.S. got out of it was 400,000 dead and injured soldiers - for a budget sapping $3 trillion

...while the Sunni and Shiite continue to kill each other as they have for 3,000 years - and 3 billion Muslim have only increased their anger against the U.S.

'Harmless defensless Iraq???' :rollseyes:

pragmatic
09-06-2013, 01:58 PM

(400,000 dead and injured soldiers....???)

countryboy
09-06-2013, 02:53 PM
(400,000 dead and injured soldiers....???)
I wonder if it hurt, pulling that number out of his ass. :rolleyes:

Mainecoons
09-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Putin is right. So is the TP. Alan is, as usual, wrong.

:grin:

countryboy
09-06-2013, 06:16 PM

Why should we care what Putin thinks? He's no friend.

GrassrootsConservative
09-06-2013, 06:34 PM

paul alan
09-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Tea baggers want money .... not cookies Vlad baby ....

Mainecoons
09-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Right, genius. Keep making stuff up. It isn't going to save your ball-less wonder from having his tiny balls handed to him over Syria.

GrassrootsConservative
09-06-2013, 06:48 PM

EVERYBODY wants cookies.

EVERYBODY who is intelligent wants money.

It's something you're going to need once you get away from your parents and into the real world.

Dr. Who
09-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Consider this, if everyone, meaning the US, Russia, the UK and every other G7 country stayed out of it, stopped supplying one side against the other, far more people WOULD NOT DIE. It is proxy wars that are killing people. If the people in the ME don't want a government, they are free to dispose of that government. We have seen that in Egypt. Why must the G7 countries arrogantly assert themselves into everyone else's business, if not for an agenda. It has been the repeated meddling of superpowers, starting in the Cold War that created the whole terrorist issue, and it continues today. Time to MYOB and let the ME determine for themselves what they want.

Chris
09-06-2013, 09:10 PM

http://i.snag.gy/GYE8M.jpg

Peter1469
09-06-2013, 09:10 PM
It was understandable during the Cold War. But that is over....

Mainecoons
09-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Hey Paul, your Messiah is cutting and running.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/06/obama-hints-his-may-abandon-syria-strike/

Chris
09-07-2013, 09:03 AM

It's hard to keep up with such a waffler as obama.

pragmatic
09-07-2013, 10:18 AM

Had just read that article a few minutes ago. Very promising. Am guessing Obama is scrambling to find ways out of the corner he has backed himself into (with the insistence of a missile attack punishment on Syria). Time will tell.

Will also be fascinating to see how Obama/Democrats will try to mold/twist this whole cluster fuck into a "political win". Because we can be assured that will be the effort. (As would be the same case if the GOP were in the same shoes. Not a partisan thingy...)

Chris
09-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Had just read that article a few minutes ago. Very promising. Am guessing Obama is scrambling to find ways out of the corner he has backed himself into (with the insistence of a missile attack punishment on Syria). Time will tell.

Will also be fascinating to see how Obama/Democrats will try to mold/twist this whole cluster fuck into a "political win". Because we can be assured that will be the effort. (As would be the same case if the GOP were in the same shoes. Not a partisan thingy...)

http://i.snag.gy/clZ7t.jpg

paul alan
09-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Consider this, if everyone, meaning the US, Russia, the UK and every other G7 country stayed out of it, stopped supplying one side against the other, far more people WOULD NOT DIE. It is proxy wars that are killing people. If the people in the ME don't want a government, they are free to dispose of that government. We have seen that in Egypt. Why must the G7 countries arrogantly assert themselves into everyone else's business, if not for an agenda. It has been the repeated meddling of superpowers, starting in the Cold War that created the whole terrorist issue, and it continues today. Time to MYOB and let the ME determine for themselves what they want.

It's a small, small world .......

Didn't you learn that at Disney?

:laugh:

paul alan
09-07-2013, 02:21 PM
It was understandable during the Cold War. But that is over....

It is?

Who said?

:huh:

paul alan
09-07-2013, 02:26 PM

You know in your heart, Obama will make Republicans look like high school fools .....

But there's still time for tea party to undercut Obama's third term ....

:blob5:

BB-35
09-07-2013, 08:27 PM
You know in your heart, Obama will make Republicans look like high school fools .....

:blob5:I don't know about Republicans,but he's sure making people like YOU look like fools,paul.

pragmatic
09-08-2013, 10:48 AM

:blob5:

Its possible. Obama does have some impressive speechwriters who can really spin a story. And gawd knows he (Obama) can deliver a speech with the best of them.

But his adoring press ain't what it used to be. And a high percentage of the American public does not want this US military involvement to occur. My guess is that Obama isn't going to come out of this one favorably from a political perspective.

paul alan
09-08-2013, 12:41 PM
.... a high percentage of the American public does not want this US military involvement to occur

Can't blame them for all the lies and fake intelligence the Bush mob used to get their illegal invasion of Iraq

Sad ....

:(

Chris
09-08-2013, 12:43 PM
What lies, paul, do you mean Kerry's lie Bush lied?

paul alan
09-08-2013, 01:35 PM
The tea party intelligentsia has them partnered with the world's leading communist to undermine the U.S. Congress.

Smart eh?

:laugh:

Chris
09-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Can't answer questions, can you. What is it, not paid to do that?

paul alan
09-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Your daddy did tell you son, never ever get in over your head .....

:kermit:

Peter1469
09-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Your daddy did tell you son, never ever get in over your head .....

If you would actually respond with something that makes sense and is supportable, you will find that Chris is not in over his head.

BB-35
09-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Can't blame them for all the lies and fake intelligence the Bush mob used to get their illegal invasion of Iraq

Sad ....

:(What was 'illegal' about it,since he got approval from congress?

pragmatic
09-09-2013, 11:54 AM

Sad ....

:(

We are talking about Syria. You seem to get confused easily...

paul alan
09-09-2013, 12:45 PM
We are talking about Syria. You seem to get confused easily...

The great 18th century philosopher Rousseau said of Conservatives: "They learn nothing and forget nothing...."

How true ... eh?

Cigar
09-09-2013, 12:53 PM
The great 18th century philosopher Rousseau said of Conservatives: "They learn nothing and forget nothing...."

How true ... eh?

They are well on their way to the Re-Branding they talked about ... :laugh:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003363917/5210682978_republican_party_tombstone_xlarge.jpeg# republican%20extinction%20332x350

BB-35
09-09-2013, 12:53 PM

How true ... eh?

If only he had said it......

Cigar
09-09-2013, 12:54 PM
If only he had said it......

He did ... I was there when he said it. :grin:

Chris
09-09-2013, 01:09 PM

How true ... eh?

Try Tallyrand. About the Bourbons.

paul alan
09-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Your daddy did tell you "never get in over your head son"

Honor his memory boy ....

BB-35
09-09-2013, 02:11 PM
More incoherence from paul...

Mainecoons
09-09-2013, 03:33 PM

How true ... eh?

Now this is really funny. Paul tries to get away with a misquote and Cigar thanks him for it.

LOL

Cultural DictionaryBourbons [(boor- bohnn , boor -buhnz)]

The ruling family of France (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/France) from the late sixteenth century until the French Revolution (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/French%20Revolution). The Bourbon kingswere known for their stubbornness; the politician Talleyrand is supposed to have said of them, “They havelearned nothing, and they have forgotten nothing.” Louis xiv (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Louis%20xiv) and Louis xvi (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Louis%20xvi) were Bourbon kings.

The American Heritage® New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition
Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source (http://dictionary.reference.com/cite.html?qh=bourbons&ia=ahcl)

What a pair of ignorant fools.

Peter1469
09-09-2013, 06:35 PM
Your daddy did tell you "never get in over your head son"

Honor his memory boy ....

Warning: members are expected to post in good faith. If you want to argue with another member, argue; don't post in bad faith.

paul alan
09-10-2013, 09:50 AM
The great 18th century philosopher Rousseau and the politician Tallyrand both said of Conservatives: "They learn nothing and forget nothing...."

How true ... eh?

paul alan
09-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Well, tea party was on the same page as the communist leader on how best to embarrass Obama .... until yesterday.

Now Vlad is back to being that old Communist meanie who supports his commie buddy in the WH

Cigar
09-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Well, tea party was on the same page as the communist leader on how best to embarrass Obama .... until yesterday.

Now Vlad is back to being that old Communist meanie who supports his commie buddy in the WH

http://media.cagle.com/68/2013/09/09/137134_600.jpg

Chris
09-10-2013, 10:34 AM
The great 18th century philosopher Rousseau and the politician Tallyrand both said of Conservatives: "They learn nothing and forget nothing...."

How true ... eh?

How false.

http://i.snag.gy/OeE0y.jpg

Or if you have a few minute, the introduction of Captain Wrongway Peachfuzz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHeUQhN0RFY