PDA

View Full Version : Bush official charged with ethics violations

Ravi
09-12-2013, 02:12 PM
Kaiser faces up to one year in prison and a fine of up to $100,000 if convicted. The filing of a criminal information document almost always suggests that prosecutors have worked out some kind of plea deal with the defendant.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/ex-head-of-boston-fbi-charged-with-violating

Venus
09-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Chimpeachment!

Chris
09-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Charged. Good. Period.

respectfulguest
09-12-2013, 03:37 PM
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/ex-head-of-boston-fbi-charged-with-violating

the attached article makes no mention of President Bush, but the OP Title in Bold letters states "Bush official charge with ethics violations".. the OP is newsworthy and appreciated, but what is President Bush's involvement in this being that Agent Kaiser's July, 2009 retirement date and alleged ethics violations were conducted well after President Bush was out of office?

patrickt
09-12-2013, 04:06 PM
And, Kaiser was a career FBI agent and his appointment had nothing to do with President Bush. I think this is a case of TPM struggling to create a scandal.

Mainecoons
09-12-2013, 05:03 PM
That's because the last thing they want you to focus on is the real scandals around the Obama administration. I see that emails have come to light proving the Dems lied about the targeting of the TP by the IRS.

I started a separate thread on that one.

Ravi
09-12-2013, 06:03 PM
the attached article makes no mention of President Bush, but the OP Title in Bold letters states "Bush official charge with ethics violations".. the OP is newsworthy and appreciated, but what is President Bush's involvement in this being that Agent Kaiser's July, 2009 retirement date and alleged ethics violations were conducted well after President Bush was out of office?
Good question and my point. Have a cookie.

jillian
09-12-2013, 06:06 PM

excuse me, the article states:

A man who from 2003 to 2006 served as the Special Agent in Charge of the Boston office of the FBI has been charged with violating a federal ethics law, the Justice Department announced on Thursday.
Kenneth Kaiser, 57, was charged with one count of making prohibited post-employment contacts in a criminal information document filed in federal court in Boston.

he ran the boston office of the FBI and was a bush appointee from 2003 to 2006

Chris
09-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Your point seems to be "Bush official charged with ethics violations" when respectfulguest, and others, have pointed out there's no connection to Bush.

Chris
09-12-2013, 06:10 PM

A man who from 2003 to 2006 served as the Special Agent in Charge of the Boston office of the FBI has been charged with violating a federal ethics law, the Justice Department announced on Thursday.
Kenneth Kaiser, 57, was charged with one count of making prohibited post-employment contacts in a criminal information document filed in federal court in Boston.

Link?

Mainecoons
09-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Like Zimmerman, he's guilty before trial and guilty regardless after.

More Bush derangement syndrome here.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4GKtaAr8CwQ/TBW3s_UkRQI/AAAAAAAACYg/Jn0Vxr9gqNU/s320/evil-bush-sticker.jpg

Ravi
09-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Nah, Dubya isn't evil. Just clueless. I mean seriously, who would invade the wrong country? Cool that you defend him at all costs though.

Mainecoons
09-12-2013, 06:15 PM
No, I just laugh at your never ending Bush derangement syndrome.

respectfulguest
09-13-2013, 01:35 PM

somehow correlating this to a “Bush official” gone bad seems disingenuous especially considering that Agent Kaiser began his FBI career in 1982 and served under 5 different Presidential Administrations including the current one.. he was not a "Bush appointee" or appointed by any other US President to any position during his career, he never got that high on the food chain. do we just make this stuff up as we go along or what?

respectfulguest
09-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Good question and my point. Have a cookie.

ok Pulitzer your point is crystal clear, Post a link that makes no mention of President Bush’s affiliation to Agent Kaiser’s ethics violations and then make-up your own OP headline as to slander that person.. well done.

Ravi
09-13-2013, 02:25 PM
somehow correlating this to a “Bush official” gone bad seems disingenuous especially considering that Agent Kaiser began his FBI career in 1982 and served under 5 different Presidential Administrations including the current one.. he was not a "Bush appointee" or appointed by any other US President to any position during his career, he never got that high on the food chain. do we just make this stuff up as we go along or what?

You don't seem very respectful.

Chris
09-13-2013, 02:27 PM
http://i.snag.gy/UXdQA.jpg

GrassrootsConservative
09-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Lol what's it like to have a taste of your own medicine?

respectfulguest
09-13-2013, 03:19 PM

well, after advising that your OP was appreciated/newsworthy and asking what was believed to be a fair question your response to that was... "Good question and my point. Have a cookie."

all things considered, due respect was given.

Ravi
09-13-2013, 03:31 PM
well, after advising that your OP was appreciated/newsworthy and asking what was believed to be a fair question your response to that was... "Good question and my point. Have a cookie."

all things considered, due respect was given.
LOL! I have not ever claimed to be respectful. You, on the other hand have by your screenname. So I see that you are only conditionally respectful, if at all.

GrassrootsConservative
09-13-2013, 03:34 PM
LOL! I have not ever claimed to be respectful. You, on the other hand have by your screenname. So I see that you are only conditionally respectful, if at all.

As he said, you were given "due respect," and I doubt you'll find many on this forum who disagree with that statement. To get respect you have to earn respect. You're not entitled to it like you are your check every month.

respectfulguest
09-13-2013, 03:41 PM

in my opinion you were given due respect, you are certainly entitled to disagree and disrespect.. go for it.

Chris
09-13-2013, 04:03 PM

And therein lies the problem around here. Some reject any semblance of discourse ethics.

BB-35
09-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Nah, Dubya isn't evil. Just clueless. I mean seriously, who would invade the wrong country? Cool that you defend him at all costs though.

What 'wrong country' might that be,snookums?

Ravi
09-13-2013, 06:54 PM
What 'wrong country' might that be,snookums?

Iraq.

Ravi
09-13-2013, 06:55 PM
in my opinion you were given due respect, you are certainly entitled to disagree and disrespect.. go for it.

I didn't notice that you gave me "due respect," in fact quite the opposite. You are pretending this clown wasn't part of the Bush administration.

Mainecoons
09-13-2013, 06:56 PM
They are all wrong countries and Iraq was a big wrong country.

Every one of these foreign military misadventures since WWII could have and should have been avoided. They gained nothing and in the case of Korea and the Middle East, made things worse.

Bush was every bit as wrong as Lyndon Johnson to involve us in that stupid war.

Ravi
09-13-2013, 06:59 PM

Every one of these foreign military misadventures since WWII could have and should have been avoided. They gained nothing and in the case of Korea and the Middle East, made things worse.

OMG!! We agree on something.

Mainecoons
09-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Loud applause!

:grin:

Ravi
09-13-2013, 07:05 PM
I think a glass of wine is in order.

ptif219
09-13-2013, 07:41 PM

How is he a Bush Official?

Chris
09-13-2013, 08:13 PM
I didn't notice that you gave me "due respect," in fact quite the opposite. You are pretending this clown wasn't part of the Bush administration.

Respect is earned. Where the evidence Bush appointed him as was earlier claimed?

Chris
09-13-2013, 08:15 PM

Syria would have and still could be yet another misadventure.

Wasn't Marie for that one?

respectfulguest
09-13-2013, 11:49 PM

ok you have gone past ridiculous with the respect thing so here goes.. I apologize for you not being able to notice your due respect.., some of those zingers you throw out are really good ones, that "have a cookie" one is a real gem, followed by beginning most every Post with the proverbial lol to make it sound as though you are above the topic.. most of your Posts hit the nail right on head and you are one heck of a forum poster, what I love about you is you may be just a tiny bit partisan but no one would ever know.. you also have that uncanny knack of disagreeing without being disagreeable.. keep up the good work, you are certainly admired and respected and again just one big giant kudos to you..

as a side note, it was never stated "this clown" did not serve under the Bush II Admin, what was stated is Agent Kaiser not only served under the Bush II Admin, but he also served under the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Obama Admins.. he retired while serving under the Obama Admin and the alleged ethics violations occurred shortly after serving under the Obama Admin, but you conveniently label him as the "Bush official charged with ethics violations".. call it disrespectful if you like, your OP is just one big partisan ruse in my opinion..

patrickt
09-14-2013, 07:40 PM
NEWSFLASH: OBAMA OFFICIAL CHARGED WITH SMUGGLING ILLEGAL ALIENS

"A Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agent was arrested Friday for conspiring to smuggle illegal aliens into the country. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement officers arrested David Alexander Díaz-Torres in Orlando, Fla., according to the Justice Department."
http://freebeacon.com/tsa-agent-arrested-for-smuggling-illegal-aliens/

Oh, the horror. And this man has an even closer connection to President Obama than Kaiser did to President Bush since this official was working under President Obama at the time of his crimes and his arrest.

Mainecoons
09-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Let's see, if we apply the OP's delusional thinking than clearly Mr. Obama was directly the cause of this man's crimes, right?

:rofl:

Ravi
09-15-2013, 04:44 AM
NEWSFLASH: OBAMA OFFICIAL CHARGED WITH SMUGGLING ILLEGAL ALIENS

"A Transportation Security Administration (TSA) agent was arrested Friday for conspiring to smuggle illegal aliens into the country. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement officers arrested David Alexander Díaz-Torres in Orlando, Fla., according to the Justice Department."
http://freebeacon.com/tsa-agent-arrested-for-smuggling-illegal-aliens/

Oh, the horror. And this man has an even closer connection to President Obama than Kaiser did to President Bush since this official was working under President Obama at the time of his crimes and his arrest.
Glad they caught him.

patrickt
09-15-2013, 05:34 AM
Glad they caught him.

Who? President Obama? The Godfather?