PDA

View Full Version : Syrian rebel infighting kills 5 near Iraqi border

ptif219
09-14-2013, 01:21 PM
This is what Obama is supporting. They can't even unite to fight Assad. Why is Obama supporting these terrorists. They are nothing more than Barbaric thugs.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/DA8Q7RK01

Al-Qaida-affiliated rebels battled more moderate Syrian opposition fighters in a town along the Iraqi border on Saturday, killing at least five people in the latest outbreak of infighting among the forces opposed to President Bashar Assad's regime.

Clashes between rebel groups, particularly pitting al-Qaida-linked extremist factions against more moderate units, have grown increasingly common in recent months, undermining the opposition's primary goal of overthrowing Assad.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Saturday's fighting took place in the town of Boukamal between the al-Qaida-linked Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant against more mainstream rebel groups.

Peter1469
09-14-2013, 08:50 PM
Yes, the choices in Syria are all bad for the US.

Ransom
09-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Yes, the choices in Syria are all bad for the US.

WW1469D?

This 'choices are all bad', this 'in a box' mentality, why isn't anyone else showing restraint? The Chinese are sounding off, the Iranians are the legs of the Bashar Assad Table, Hezbollah unrestrained Israel without any good 'options', the Russians taking the lead role, Assad or Al Qaeda affiliations or both have used chemical weapons, the entire ME seems on the verge of becoming unhinged.....and many will sit....and merely fret about lack of option.....what you can't do.....how America must show restraint....how regional interests need dictate events, this being 'too hard' for some.

Iran watches as does the world, Gentlemen. Defining moments are they?

Can we start discussing cans and not cants Pete? You any good at that? I'll give you your due on what we can't do, you're all over that. WW1469D?

Ransom
09-15-2013, 07:04 AM
this is what obama is supporting. They can't even unite to fight assad. Why is obama supporting these terrorists. They are nothing more than barbaric thugs.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/da8q7rk01

ww219d?

Matty
09-15-2013, 08:30 AM
If Syria wants to conduct a civil war let them. It's none o the US business. Let them kill each other to the last man standing, I don't care.

ptif219
09-15-2013, 12:21 PM
WW1469D?

This 'choices are all bad', this 'in a box' mentality, why isn't anyone else showing restraint? The Chinese are sounding off, the Iranians are the legs of the Bashar Assad Table, Hezbollah unrestrained Israel without any good 'options', the Russians taking the lead role, Assad or Al Qaeda affiliations or both have used chemical weapons, the entire ME seems on the verge of becoming unhinged.....and many will sit....and merely fret about lack of option.....what you can't do.....how America must show restraint....how regional interests need dictate events, this being 'too hard' for some.

Iran watches as does the world, Gentlemen. Defining moments are they?

Can we start discussing cans and not cants Pete? You any good at that? I'll give you your due on what we can't do, you're all over that. WW1469D?

Obama keeps sword rattling but does nothing. Russia took the lead on a Kerry gaff. Obama looks weak which means he makes the US look weak

Obama did more sword rattling.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-says-iran-shouldnt-misinterpret-us-response-to-syria/2013/09/15/fd6f27cc-1e05-11e3-8459-657e0c72fec8_print.html

ptif219
09-15-2013, 12:22 PM
ww219d?

What does that mean

Ransom
09-15-2013, 07:19 PM
What does that mean

What do we do now?

ptif219
09-16-2013, 12:50 AM
What do we do now?

Nothing we can do except watch Obama show how he lacks leadership. Congress is divided so getting authorization will be hard for Obama