PDA

View Full Version : Treasury to unions: No Obamacare carve-outs for you

Professor Peabody
09-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Treasury to unions: No Obamacare carve-outs for you

By Tom Howell Jr. - The Washington Times Saturday, September 14, 2013

Despite pressure from top labor leaders, the Obama administration said late Friday it cannot extend government subsidies tied to the new health care law to union members with multi-employer health plans.

“Treasury believes, as suggested in your letter, than an individual who is covered by an eligible employer-sponsored plans would not be eligible to receive a premium tax credit,” Alastair M. Fitzpayne, an assistant Treasury secretary for legislative affairs, said Friday in a letter to Sen. Orrin Hatch, Utah Republican and ranking member of the Finance Committee.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/14/treasury-tell-unions-it-cant-grant-them-obamacare-/

Mr. Trumka, you collect millions in Union dues, surely your Union can afford to back fill the subsidies the Government won't. You'll just need to pay more attention and money toward the welfare of your dues paying member instead of donating so many millions into political campaigns. Why is that so hard Mr. Trumka?

The Little Dictator
09-16-2013, 12:11 PM
I'll tell ya what ---- these people think that the The One has abandoned them. Watch what happens. This regime will come through for them, just in time for the '14 elections. The dems can't be without the cash from the unions and they can't get elected without it.

I wish someone would explain to me why the unions have gone democrat, anyway. I mean, my dad is a union man, has been for 50 years and has voted democrat all those years. I'll never understand this way of thinking. On the one hand he complains that his neighbors are "wet backs" and "pop out babies" constantly (please note the quote marks, these are his words not mine) and then he complains that they can have enough money to drive brand new cars. WTH? Isn't this what the democrats want?

Professor Peabody
09-17-2013, 02:55 PM
I'll tell ya what ---- these people think that the The One has abandoned them. Watch what happens. This regime will come through for them, just in time for the '14 elections. The dems can't be without the cash from the unions and they can't get elected without it.

I wish someone would explain to me why the unions have gone democrat, anyway. I mean, my dad is a union man, has been for 50 years and has voted democrat all those years. I'll never understand this way of thinking. On the one hand he complains that his neighbors are "wet backs" and "pop out babies" constantly (please note the quote marks, these are his words not mine) and then he complains that they can have enough money to drive brand new cars. WTH? Isn't this what the democrats want?

I believe it is.