PDA

View Full Version : The Newsroom Will McAvoy nailed it cold!

Cigar
09-17-2013, 06:57 AM
The problem in being a Republican, by "The Newsroom" Will McAvoy
“No, I call myself a Republican because I am one. I believe in market solutions and I believe in common sense realities and necessity to defend itself against a dangerous world. The problem is now I have to be homophobic. I have to count the number of times people go to church. I have to deny facts and think scientific research is a long con. I have to think poor people are getting a sweet ride. And I have to have such a stunning inferiority complex that I fear education and intellect in the 21st Century. Most of all, the biggest new requirement – the only requirement – is that I have to hate Democrats.”

http://images.popmatters.com/misc_art/c/chnnlsurf-newsroom-republicanvaluesshot-620.jpg

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-newsroom-season-finale-recap-will-mcavoy-is-still-a-republican-hes-also-engaged/

I couldn't say it better ... :wink: well done. :icon_thumleft:

Common
09-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Alot of moderate republicans feel the same way

jillian
09-17-2013, 07:13 AM
Alot of moderate republicans feel the same way

yes. people like you do feel the same way.

but you're drowned out by the nutbar brigade.... unfortunately.... which i think is very bad for the country.

Mainecoons
09-17-2013, 07:37 AM
Yes, the Libertarian alternative is the right way to go. Government has no more business legislating morality than it does stealing and wasting your income.

Actually, that is exactly what is happening within the Republican Party. Traditional, bible beating neo-con Republicans are in retreat and libertarians are on the march.

At some point, you all are going to wish for the return of the day of the Republicrats, your partners in growing government and destroying free enterprise. Or you'll end up running everything and sitting in the middle of the wreckage still wondering why your progressive ideas don't work.

zelmo1234
09-17-2013, 07:40 AM
You went to an HBO drama for news??????????????????????????????

So it has come down to this.

Maybe you should pull up some old re-runs of fantasy Island and see if there is an episode where liberalism actually works?

Cigar
09-17-2013, 07:41 AM

Maybe you should pull up some old re-runs of fantasy Island and see if there is an episode where liberalism actually works?

Better than Fox :grin:

Mainecoons
09-17-2013, 07:44 AM

HBO has become an example of how liberals use "entertainment" to push leftist propaganda. And Cigar shows you personally that it works quite well on the gullible.

Agravan
09-17-2013, 07:45 AM
for you, it is, because:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=76801,filename=truth_2.png

jillian
09-17-2013, 07:45 AM
HBO has become an example of how liberals use "entertainment" to push leftist propaganda. And Cigar shows you personally that it works quite well on the gullible.

a minority of the right, about a third, thinks as extremely as you do. but the shrill shriek of the wingers is all anyone hears or thinks about when they think about "conservativves".

Adelaide
09-17-2013, 07:46 AM

It's not that he went there for news. The show has actually generated a lot of conversation because of the way it's written and how different ideologies are presented.

jillian
09-17-2013, 07:46 AM
Yes, the Libertarian alternative is the right way to go. Government has no more business legislating morality than it does stealing and wasting your income.

Actually, that is exactly what is happening within the Republican Party. Traditional, bible beating neo-con Republicans are in retreat and libertarians are on the march.

At some point, you all are going to wish for the return of the day of the Republicrats, your partners in growing government and destroying free enterprise. Or you'll end up running everything and sitting in the middle of the wreckage still wondering why your progressive ideas don't work.

you're not a libertarian. libertarians don't interfere with people's day to day lives or what they believe.

so you can say what you want... you're a reactionary trying to turn the clock back.

zelmo1234
09-17-2013, 07:47 AM

You know if I based all of my political polices on compassion instead of results, I would agree with you

However, while liberals are entitled to there opinions and beliefs, they are not entitled to their own set of facts. and that is what you are trying to do!

Agravan
a minority of the right, about a third, thinks as extremely as you do. but the shrill shriek of the wingers is all anyone hears or thinks about when they think about "conservativves".

jilly-girl's definition of "extreme" - Anyone that does not think like her.

Cigar

Are you saying being the Butt of Jokes to everyone isn't fun for you? :grin:

zelmo1234
09-17-2013, 07:48 AM
you're not a libertarian. libertarians don't interfere with people's day to day lives or what they believe.

so you can say what you want... you're a reactionary trying to turn the clock back.

You are correct libertarians believe in the constitution and states rights, not forcing the government to run an end around on states rights and force their will on the people

Agravan
09-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Are you saying being the Butt of Jokes to everyone isn't fun for you? :grin:

It's obviously not fun for Obama, ether.

Cigar
09-17-2013, 07:49 AM
It's not that he went there for news. The show has actually generated a lot of conversation because of the way it's written and how different ideologies are presented.

Maybe if he actually watched the show he'd see both sides get addressed equally.

Oh wait ... equally is a foreign concept to some.

patrickt
09-17-2013, 07:50 AM
I had a liberal newspaper editor tell me he didn't understand the Kennedy assassination until he saw the movie, JFK. I pointed out a movie but he insisted it was really what happened.

Only liberals and very young teenagers confuse movies and life. It's an emotional thing.

As for the nutjob brigade, one of the charter members keeps complaining about them. Amazing.

Cigar
09-17-2013, 07:50 AM
It's obviously not fun for Obama, ether.

Do you always laugh at the winners from the losing bench? :wink:

Agravan
09-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Not me, Cigar, the world. And right now, especially the Russians.

Cigar
09-17-2013, 07:52 AM
I had a liberal newspaper editor tell me he didn't understand the Kennedy assassination until he saw the movie, JFK. I pointed out a movie but he insisted it was really what happened.

Only liberals and very young teenagers confuse movies and life. It's an emotional thing.

As for the nutjob brigade, one of the charter members keeps complaining about them. Amazing.

Got it ... your liberal newspaper editor represents liberals. :rollseyes:

I saw The Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh show one also ... therefore ... what?

Cigar
09-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Not me, Cigar, the world. And right now, especially the Russians.

What about The Russians ... aren't they still in Russia? :laugh:

zelmo1234
09-17-2013, 07:53 AM

He is the winner?

What has he accomplished since the Democrats lost the house in 2010???????

I see your definition of winning is different than mine?

Cigar
09-17-2013, 08:04 AM
He is the winner?

What has he accomplished since the Democrats lost the house in 2010???????

I see your definition of winning is different than mine?

Pissing off Republicans and making them look stupid ... that's good enough for me. :wink:

zelmo1234
09-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Pissing off Republicans and making them look stupid ... that's good enough for me. :wink:

So you agree that in large part we have been winning for nearly 3 1/2 years? :)

Thanks! Because that is all that he has left. and if he can't take back the house in 2012? which is very doubtful?

He will continue his lame duck status!

patrickt
09-17-2013, 08:20 AM

Said of the president who can't read "navy corpsman" off his teleprompter. I heard he's hiring a "speaker" and will be lip-synching all future speeches.

Cigar
09-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Said of the president who can't read "navy corpsman" off his teleprompter. I heard he's hiring a "speaker" and will be lip-synching all future speeches.

Good that will help him in is his next election campaign :grin: