PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Reagan Political Quotes...........

Libhater
09-17-2013, 09:39 AM
"A recession is when your neighbor loses his job. A depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Carter loses his."
ps: To keep things current and appropriate for the times, I would suggest you substitute Obama's name in there instead of Carter.

"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands liberty contracts."
ps: keep that nifty quote in mind when visualizing the affects of a funded obamascare.

"Government is like a baby, an alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."

There are 40 Reagan quotes in the link I provide, with every one of them just as important as the next.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2012/07/03/the_40_best_quotes_from_ronald_reagan/page/full

Cigar
09-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Reagan would be laugh at by today's Republicans Party ...:tongue:

Look at what you've become.

http://www.nmnewsandviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/gop-candidates.jpg

Chris
09-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Reagan might appreciate Ron Paul.

One of my favorite Reagan quotes, getting back to the distracted topic, is "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'"

Cigar
09-17-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't Remember ... :laugh:

Mainecoons
09-17-2013, 10:01 AM
I loved Reagan. But he talked a better game than his government actually accomplished.

His biggest error was putting the leftist Bush gang in a position to get in the White House.

Chris
09-17-2013, 10:24 AM
I loved Reagan. But he talked a better game than his government actually accomplished.

His biggest error was putting the leftist Bush gang in a position to get in the White House.

True, he read Hayek but practiced Keynesian economics.