PDA

View Full Version : Rick perry supports marines for urinating on corpses

jgreer
01-15-2012, 03:06 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/15/rick-perry-marines_n_1207350.html

He is blaming Obama for not supporting the troops. Come on!

Peter1469
01-15-2012, 04:32 PM
The only infraction was video taping it.

Had they not video taped it homosexuals and hand wringers wouldn't be upset today because they would not know it occurred. \

Homos can enlist now: prance over to the recruiter, get yourself into combat and see how you change.

Mister D
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
McCain again...:rollseyes:

"The Marine Corps prides itself that we don't lower ourselves to the level of the enemy," McCain said when asked about Perry's position. "So it makes me sad more than anything else, because ... I can't tell you how wonderful these people (Marines) are. And it hurts their reputation and their image."

Yep, they sure lowered themselves to their level.

jgreer
01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
MCcain is right. You dont piss on dead people.

Mister D
01-15-2012, 04:49 PM
MCcain is right. You dont piss on dead people.

That wasn't McCain's point.

jgreer
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Ill trust the guy who was a POW

Mister D
01-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Ill trust the guy who was a POW

About what? What it's like to be a POW? I would too but it's irrelevant.

wingrider
01-15-2012, 06:31 PM
here is a thought

bring these soldiers home, have them dress in their class A uniforms stand them up in front of the white house and give them the Congrssional medal of Honor for bravery above and beyond the call of duty,,

What the taliban would do and have done to the people they capture and or Kill is 1000 times more hienous than what these soldiers did. I commend them , remember Daniel Pearl?

jgreer
01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
About what? What it's like to be a POW? I would too but it's irrelevant.

No about how to be a good soldier and what we should expect from our men and women in uniform. Remember he went through horrors. If he says it is wrong who are we to disagree unless youve been there.

wingrider
01-15-2012, 06:49 PM
ever heard of an eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth?

Mister D
01-15-2012, 06:51 PM
No about how to be a good soldier and what we should expect from our men and women in uniform. Remember he went through horrors. If he says it is wrong who are we to disagree unless youve been there.

Sigh...that's not what McCain said.

"The Marine Corps prides itself that we don't lower ourselves to the level of the enemy," McCain said when asked about Perry's position. "So it makes me sad more than anything else, because ... I can't tell you how wonderful these people (Marines) are. And it hurts their reputation and their image."

Whether it's wrong or right is immaterial. To say those marines act like AQ is not only preposterous but insulting to the US military.

Alias
01-15-2012, 06:55 PM
I think we should cut off their foreskins and pile them up in front of the mosque.

I also think if the repubs want to defeat Obama then please tell McCain to sit down and enjoy his beer and shut the hell up.

Alias
01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
The left always has the same response......"We shouldn't lower ourselves to the same level as he enemy".

Bullshit. We will never be as low as our enemy. Those corpses are no better than rats at a dump in my opinion and I don't think I'm alone in the USA with that opinion. The USA military is a force for good. AQ and the Taliban are forces for evil. Pissing on a dead rat doesn't hurt anyone and might even actually be quite therapeutic.

BOOMSTICK
01-15-2012, 07:18 PM
100% truth. They will always be the force of evil and we will always be the good guys.

Mister D
01-15-2012, 07:47 PM
I think we should cut off their foreskins and pile them up in front of the mosque.

I also think if the repubs want to defeat Obama then please tell McCain to sit down and enjoy his beer and shut the hell up.

Not sure why McCain thinks he's relevant.

waltky
11-10-2017, 12:57 AM
Granny says, "Dat's right - piss on dem Taliban...
http://www.politicalwrinkles.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Court Overturns Conviction of Marine Who Urinated on Taliban Corpses
9 Nov 2017 | A military appeals court has overturned the conviction of a former Marine Corps scout sniper involved in desecrating the bodies of enemy fighters in Afghanistan in 2011, finding that the actions of the service's top officer at the time tainted the case.

The decision, by the Navy-Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals, was handed down Wednesday, five years after the original conviction. In December 2012, Staff Sgt. Joseph Chamblin was sentenced to 30 days' confinement, docked in pay, and demoted to sergeant for participating in an incident in which multiple Marine snipers attached to 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, urinated on enemy corpses and then posted a video of the act to YouTube. When the video got public attention, the incident made global headlines, creating a black eye for the Corps and prompting many prominent American leaders to denounce the snipers' actions.

The scandal would continue to make headlines in the years following, after a Marine attorney, Maj. James Weirick, came forward to allege that the then-commandant of the Marine Corps, Gen. Jim Amos, had attempted to interfere with the cases to ensure harsh punishments for the Marines involved. Evidence of this alleged interference mounted. A 2012 affidavit from then-Lt. Gen. Thomas Waldhauser, appointed by Amos as the oversight authority for the sniper cases, states that Amos told him the Marines involved needed to be "crushed" and discharged from the Corps. Waldhauser, now the four-star commander of U.S. Africa Command, also alleged that Amos asked him whether he would give all the snipers general courts-martial, the highest form of criminal trial. When Waldhauser responded he would not, Amos allegedly told him he could make someone else the convening authority for the cases. Two days later, Amos did just that, appointing then-Lt. Gen. Richard Mills to take over. He told Waldhauser he had "crossed the line" in their previous conversation and was removing Waldhauser to fix that problem.

http://images02.military.com/media/news/conflicts/marines-helmand-1200-ts600.jpg
A team of infantry Marines with 3rd Platoon, Charlie Company, 1st Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment, crosses a field during a security patrol in Helmand province, Afghanistan

Weirick and another attorney, Col. Jesse Gruter, who both worked for Mills when he took over the sniper cases, alleged in affidavits that Amos and his attorney, Robert Hogue, continued to exert influence over the sniper cases. In February 2012, Hogue requested that photos and videos of the sniper incident be classified as secret, a move that Weirick and Gruter saw as improper and designed to disadvantage legal defense teams for the snipers facing charges. When Gruter complained about the alleged improper classification, he claims Amos' top lawyer, Maj. Gen. Vaughn Ary, tried to get him removed from Mills' legal team. In spring 2012, Amos took to the road with a presentation he called the "Heritage Brief," a discussion with Marines intended to promote discipline and good behavior. The brief contained a photo of the sniper incident with the headline, "What Does America Think of Her Marines Today?"

Since the sniper cases were still being adjudicated, the brief raised concerns about unlawful command influence, a situation in which actions of a senior officer prejudice a legal case. Around the same time, Amos met with Mills and asked him which Marines he planned to prosecute. Shortly thereafter, Lt. Gen. John Paxton, then-commander of II Marine Expeditionary Force, from which all the snipers were based, sent a memo to Amos with "updates and recommendations" about the sniper prosecutions. Since the commandant was supposed to be completely hands-off regarding the legal proceedings, this memo also raised red flags for Gruter.

The Public Trust (http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/11/09/court-overturns-conviction-of-marine-urinated-taliban-corpses.html)