PDA

View Full Version : The True Believer

wingrider
01-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Last May, Ron Paul filed his financial disclosure form, and The Wall Street Journal enlisted financial analyst William Bernstein to scrutinize his investments.
"Paul's portfolio isn't merely different," said an astonished Journal, "it's shockingly different."
Twenty-one percent of his $2.4 to $5.5 million was in real estate, 14 percent in cash. He owns no bonds. Only 0.1 percent is invested in stocks, and Paul bought these "short," betting the price will plunge. Every other nickel is sunk into gold and silver mining companies.

http://news.yahoo.com/true-believer-080000832.html

Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to the articles that Pat Buchannan writes, But in this particular case I found the artile truly outstanding, Ron Paul is a man of his convictions and backs it up with his investments, also Buchannan points out some very insightful points about Rons run for the presidency and could be prophetic about the final outcome,,

Conley
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Great article. I agree with Buchanan that Paul will not consider running as independent. Not only for his own reasons, but also because it would hurt his son's political career who may someday have a better chance at the POTUS than his father ever did.

MMC
01-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't know about that.....if Paul's movement becomes a Cause, with the type of popularaity that put Obama in Office. Then I could see Paul running as an Independant. I don't believe anything he does unless it was something drastic and way out there. Would affect his son's possible run for the POTUS.

Even Paul has pointed out how the GOP has lost what it means to be Republican. Moreover most of the batch out there talks about how being Conservative makes them a Republican. That and Standing for Life.
Problem is they based much of what they believe on economics and the misconception of smaller government as a means thru economics. Republicans were Always about the Liberty of each individual and their equal availability to oppourtunity and to each individual's right to govern themselves.

Plus Buchanon is a Southern Neo-Con. Both Neo's and Southern Cons have much to fear from Paul as he could change the party Platform as the Keynote Speaker for the Convention. Especially if Paul can leverage playing King-Maker. The concern would be that the establishment uses the Media to Make Paul Irrelevent. Which it is up to Paul and his followers to prevent and still continue to gain momentum.