PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Zubrin on energy independence

Peter1469
01-16-2012, 08:49 AM
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/288115/how-reduce-oil-prices-robert-zubrin?pg=1

A way to end the monopoly of oil in the transportation fuel industry.

Mister D
01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
I'll finish this at lunch. Interesting.

wingrider
01-16-2012, 12:44 PM
It is in this light that the extreme malfeasance of the Obama administration in delaying the approval of the Keystone pipeline becomes apparent. While much has been made of the loss of 20,000 jobs building the pipeline, that is the smallest part of the matter. The real issue is that by refusing to approve the pipeline, the Obama administration is acting to block the introduction of 270 million barrels per year of Canadian oil into the world market. In doing so, the administration is acting in accord with the interests of the OPEC oil cartel, which wishes to see supplies limited so that it can maintain high oil prices at the expense of the West. At current prices of $100 per barrel, this will cause a loss to the North American economy of $27 billion per year — an amount sufficient to create 270,000 North American jobs. (Canada draws 65 percent of its imports, which amount to 31 percent of its GDP, from the United States. The two nations effectively share one economy.)

this is the most damning of it all .. it is negligence on Obamas part to do this.stopping or derailing the pipeline is criminal in my opinion, loss of jobs, revenue and oil all in one move by this POS.. you can tell he works for OPEC

Mister D
01-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree with Zubrin about the pipeline. It really is a no brainer but BO has a base to energize...

wingrider
01-16-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree with Zubrin about the pipeline. It really is a no brainer but BO has a base to energize...

he is energizeing his base.. everyone that wants to see fees on CO2 emmisions, tree huggers and most of the liberal elite that don't have to worry where there next tank of gas is coming from.

Mister D
01-16-2012, 01:35 PM
he is energizeing his base.. everyone that wants to see fees on CO2 emmisions, tree huggers and most of the liberal elite that don't have to worry where there next tank of gas is coming from.

Not sure if this is a smart move though. High gas prices will hurt not help. It's a calculated gamble on his part I guess. He's hoping he motivates the base enough to make up for any economic negatives that result from this stupid decision.

wingrider
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Not sure if this is a smart move though. High gas prices will hurt not help. It's a calculated gamble on his part I guess. He's hoping he motivates the base enough to make up for any economic negatives that result from this stupid decision.

and I hope he jacks over the American public so bad with his moves that he will be lucky to get 15 percent of the vote.. if he doesn't understand that its the economy that motivates the voters he is more an idiot than i thought.

Mister D
01-16-2012, 01:56 PM
and I hope he jacks over the American public so bad with his moves that he will be lucky to get 15 percent of the vote.. if he doesn't understand that its the economy that motivates the voters he is more an idiot than i thought.

I hope so too!