PDA

View Full Version : TSA Employees Fired/Suspended

patrickt
09-19-2013, 05:44 PM
In Pittsburgh, five TSA employees were fired and 47 suspended. Not for being rude to passengers, not for stealing, not for groping, not for being over-bearing. No, five were fired and 47 were suspended for gambling in an office pool.

My god, the horror. Taxpayers paid for a 2-month investigation to apprehend these people. I know, it's hard to believe but it's true.

"TSA sources say they just finished a two-month investigation into the office betting. The investigation found that TSA officers at the airport had an office betting pool, and officers were betting on everything from Nascar, to the NCAA, even football."
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/09/19/dozens-of-tsa-employees-fired-suspended-for-illegal-gambling-ring-at-pittsburgh-intl-airport/

Even, football. Hard to believe, isn't it? I know but to quote the police inspector, "I am shocked, shocked mind you, to learn there is gambling here." "Here are your winnings, Inspector." "Thank you."

IRS targeting conservatives? Not important. Benghazi? Not important. Selling guns to drug cartels? Not important. Office pool in the TSA office in Pittsbugh? Move on it. The government's reputation is at stake.

Ravi
09-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah, it sounds stupid but if you are breaking the law on the job what good are you, really?

fyrenza
09-19-2013, 06:11 PM
"OUR" (and I use the term Very Loosely) priorities are absolutely ridiculous!

patrickt
09-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah, it sounds stupid but if you are breaking the law on the job what good are you, really?

I wonder if anyone, anywhere spends a day on the job without breaking a law?

jillian
09-19-2013, 06:53 PM
In Pittsburgh, five TSA employees were fired and 47 suspended. Not for being rude to passengers, not for stealing, not for groping, not for being over-bearing. No, five were fired and 47 were suspended for gambling in an office pool.

My god, the horror. Taxpayers paid for a 2-month investigation to apprehend these people. I know, it's hard to believe but it's true.

"TSA sources say they just finished a two-month investigation into the office betting. The investigation found that TSA officers at the airport had an office betting pool, and officers were betting on everything from Nascar, to the NCAA, even football."
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2013/09/19/dozens-of-tsa-employees-fired-suspended-for-illegal-gambling-ring-at-pittsburgh-intl-airport/

Even, football. Hard to believe, isn't it? I know but to quote the police inspector, "I am shocked, shocked mind you, to learn there is gambling here." "Here are your winnings, Inspector." "Thank you."

IRS targeting conservatives? Not important. Benghazi? Not important. Selling guns to drug cartels? Not important. Office pool in the TSA office in Pittsbugh? Move on it. The government's reputation is at stake.

TSA agents get fired for violating rules, failing tests, falling asleep on the job and a myriad of other reasons.

not quite sure why you're put out about this.

jillian
09-19-2013, 06:53 PM

yes

Agravan
09-19-2013, 07:01 PM
yes
You Commit Three Felonies a DayLaws have become too vague and the concept of intent has disappeared.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842.html

Ravi
09-19-2013, 07:10 PM

Me. You don't?

jillian
09-19-2013, 07:11 PM
You Commit Three Felonies a Day

Laws have become too vague and the concept of intent has disappeared.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704471504574438900830760842.html

interesting concept, but i don't think so re the felonies. but there are laws that are too vague

patrickt
09-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Liberals clearly have no sense of responsibility, no sense of shame, but apparently they have no sense of proportion either. Their habitual distraction from legitimate problems is overwhelming.