PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Clinic to lay off 3000 workers?

zelmo1234
09-20-2013, 06:44 PM
ACA claims 3000 great jobs at the Cleveland clinic?

So do you think that they will be able to provide the same world class care?

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/314788/33/Cleveland-Clinic-layoffs-coming-as-part-of-cost-reductions

Peter1469
09-20-2013, 07:22 PM
Probably not.... .

countryboy
09-20-2013, 07:42 PM
ACA claims 3000 great jobs at the Cleveland clinic?

So do you think that they will be able to provide the same world class care?

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/314788/33/Cleveland-Clinic-layoffs-coming-as-part-of-cost-reductions

With 3000 less people? I don't see how. Every medical professional I have asked, thinks obamacare is a train wreck.

Paperback Writer
09-20-2013, 07:44 PM
I still don't see how they were able to pass Obamacare without a single Republican saying yes, and still keep to the story that they could never have passed single payer.

countryboy
09-20-2013, 07:49 PM
I still don't see how they were able to pass Obamacare without a single Republican saying yes, and still keep to the story that they could never have passed single payer.

And that's the rub. Isn't it?

Peter1469
09-20-2013, 07:57 PM
Enough dems couldn't sell single payer to their people. The ACA will fix that by screwing the system up so bad he people clamor for single payer.

Common
09-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Umm your own article says 3000 layoffs are a rumor

Clinic spokeswoman Eileen Sheil denied circulating rumors that employees were told there would be 3,000 jobs cut.

zelmo1234
09-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Umm your own article says 3000 layoffs are a rumor

Clinic spokeswoman Eileen Sheil denied circulating rumors that employees were told there would be 3,000 jobs cut.

The CEO was on the video saying that they were making the cuts?

But we will see if the Dems want to shut down the Government to save it?

jillian
09-20-2013, 09:05 PM
The CEO was on the video saying that they were making the cuts?

But we will see if the Dems want to shut down the Government to save it?

and then the spokesperson said it was a lie.

i love the rhetoric though. the government would do fine if the loons would go home.... but they won't destroy the government. they'll destroy the GOP... and that's kind of sad

zelmo1234
09-20-2013, 09:08 PM
and then the spokesperson said it was a lie.

i love the rhetoric though. the government would do fine if the loons would go home.... but they won't destroy the government. they'll destroy the GOP... and that's kind of sad

Didn't real the article or listen to the news story,

The she said is followed by layoffs will be part of the 330 million in cuts

News story says that thousands were offered early retirement?

The interviewed employee's that were in the meeting today?

Why do you have to deny reality?

Obamacare was never about helping people, it is your path to single payer? You should stop complaining, it is doing everything it is designed to do

Chloe
09-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Single payer if done right would definitely make the health care process a lot easier I think. Compared to the hundreds upon hundreds of health insurance companies and processes and stuff right now and all of the waste and red tape im sure that having one entity to bill would be a lot more efficient and practical in my opinion, and plus literally everybody would get good healthcare.

zelmo1234
09-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Single payer if done right would definitely make the health care process a lot easier I think. Compared to the hundreds upon hundreds of health insurance companies and processes and stuff right now and all of the waste and red tape im sure that having one entity to bill would be a lot more efficient and practical in my opinion, and plus literally everybody would get good healthcare.

If everyone gets good healthcare under single payer, it will be the first time in history?

Chloe
09-20-2013, 09:38 PM
If everyone gets good healthcare under single payer, it will be the first time in history?

No system is perfect but it could be better

zelmo1234
09-20-2013, 09:41 PM
No system is perfect but it could be better

Yeah! that is most likely why the Canadian officials came to the USA to get treatment, must be that single payer was so good that they did not want to seem greedy? :)

Chloe
09-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah! that is most likely why the Canadian officials came to the USA to get treatment, must be that single payer was so good that they did not want to seem greedy? :)

Well I don't think you can use that as a true example. Americans leave the country too in order to get medical care in other countries as well.

zelmo1234
09-20-2013, 09:47 PM
True ^^^^

Captain Obvious
09-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Obamacare so far has been sort of a boon to healthcare to the extent that Medicaid programs are being broadened. More people are becoming eligible for Medicaid and providers will take Medicaid reimbursement over no insurance any day of the week. Of course this varies from state to state but Ohio and WV should be big benefactors from this part of the Affordable Care Act.

What isn't discussed is the pressure from CMS (Medicare) to reduce inpatient stays and the ongoing RAC audits - basically Medicare has outsourced audits of inpatient charts and causing huge retroactive denials and money takebacks. The reduction in inpatient volume plus the RAC audits are forcing hospitals across the region to take drastic steps. It's the greatest sourced reason for layoffs, cuts, etc. that I can see from my boots on the ground. And the two biggest reasons why my facility is struggling.

The Affordable Care Act is a plus so far, but it's early and nobody really knows what's coming down the pike.

Ravi
09-21-2013, 12:50 AM
They will get paid for service via insurance vs. providing service for people that don't pay and this is going to make them lay people off? Something doesn't make sense here.

jillian
09-21-2013, 12:59 AM
They will get paid for service via insurance vs. providing service for people that don't pay and this is going to make them lay people off? Something doesn't make sense here.

because it's propaganda. they are so used to repeating it, they don't even question whether it makes the slightest sense.

zelmo1234
09-21-2013, 01:47 AM

They are cutting the amount that they will pay for services.

So lets say you have a hot dog stand and for ever hotdog that you sell you bet paid 1 dollar. but all of a sudden people will only pay 75 cents.

You might still sell the same amount of hotdogs but you are not going to make as much money.

zelmo1234
09-21-2013, 01:49 AM
because it's propaganda. they are so used to repeating it, they don't even question whether it makes the slightest sense.

And the fact that the ACA cuts the rates that it pays providers?

So far for being paranoid, we see that full time employment has become a thing of the past, there are doctors and hospitals that refuse to accept the insurance, rates for insurance are going up, up and away, just like predicted, and people are loosing their jobs and insurance.

Why is it that everything that conservatives have predicted is coming true?