PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate Tonight

Conley
01-16-2012, 06:51 PM
With Huntsman gone and with Fox News, The Wall Street Journal and the South Carolina Republican Party literally setting their debate stage Monday night with one less lectern, many pundits and voters -- and even a candidate -- agree that should Romney pull of the hat trick this Saturday in South Carolina and go 3-0 in the early GOP contests, it could be very tough to stop him.

The race is down to five now, which means four are tweaking their strategy to undo Romney's substantial lead in the polls, both in South Carolina and across the nation.
Ahead of Monday night's pivotal debate in Myrtle Beach, the candidates courted activists at a nearby Tea Party convention and a Faith and Freedom Coalition.
The two groups represent a large segment of South Carolina's Republican Party -- social and fiscal conservatives -- and the events offered the candidates plenty of opportunity to smack around the front-runner and one another.

"I need your help to every person across the state to say to them: Any conservative who votes for anyone but Newt helps elect a moderate as the nominee. And therefore we need to get everybody -- if every conservative votes for me, we will win on Saturday by a huge margin, it is that simple," Gingrich told an enthusiastic crowd of about 150 Tea Party Patriots.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/16/down-to-five-four-gop-candidates-sharpen-attack-on-frontrunner/

So we're down to five candidates left...if Romney can do well tonight think he takes SC and goes 3-0? Gingrich might throw in the towel if that happens.

MMC
01-16-2012, 07:02 PM
Well again Perkins and the Heritage Foundation say Santorium is the real Conservative.....yet he does not have the money to go forward. Thats even if he gets Pac'D! But Perry should drop out as well. Did they say he was going to be at the debate? I heard him telling SO-Carolina makes Presidents and him harping to the evangelicals. Wonder if he stil has that 15 mil in his War Chest. Especially after failing to get on the ballot in Virginia and then losing in Court.

Mister D
01-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Good Lord...I just realized I don't care at all. :undecided:

MMC
01-16-2012, 07:32 PM
It's not like they are going to discuss anything new. Other than try to take it to Romney as the World of Media Wants them to do. None of them will talk about who they will pick for a VP or cabinet members. Where are those questions from the crowd?

Like as in hey who ya gonna pick for VP, Sec Of Defense, SOS etc etc. Lets ask them about Quit naming these people Czars and what can they do if Congress will not work with them. Because that BS about the bully pulpit is nohting more than BS!

Mister D
01-16-2012, 07:33 PM
True that.

Conley
01-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Is it me or are they having a lot more debates than last time around?

I remember when the debates were a big deal, and there were a lot fewer in number weren't they?

Mister D
01-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Is it me or are they having a lot more debates than last time around?

I remember when the debates were a big deal, and there were a lot fewer in number weren't they?

A lot more. Yes, it really does seem that way.

MMC
01-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Ron Paul from the part I have seen was kicking azz again. He clearly pointed out the difference between defense and military spending. Paul said inflation tax.....he wants at Zero!

roadmaster
01-17-2012, 01:05 AM
I missed it

MMC
01-17-2012, 01:23 AM
WTF Romney said he would have signed the NDAA. Santorium hit it out of the ball park on that. Paul was good to. Notice he points out how the Patriot Act pretty much abolishes the 4th Amendment.

Is that true that it abolishes the 4th Amendment? I mean is Paul correct? He is not an attorney.

wingrider
01-17-2012, 01:53 AM
WTF Romney said he would have signed the NDAA. Santorium hit it out of the ball park on that. Paul was good to. Notice he points out how the Patriot Act pretty much abolishes the 4th Amendment.

Is that true that it abolishes the 4th Amendment? I mean is Paul correct? He is not an attorney.

I am no attorney either, But I have read the patriot act and compared what it does to the 4th 5th and the 14th amendment and yes it does basically nullify most of our rights and liberties, now with the passage of the ndda ( I think its called) where the feds can arrest, detain and hold without charges and without due process, we pretty much have no civil rights or liberties left to us. Tie that in with tthe way homeland security treats everyone at airports and such and you can see we are on the road to a police state.

while it is true that obama did a signing statement saying he would not use it that way against american citizens the fact that it is a law on the books now makes that signing statement worth about as much ink as it took to sign it. and even if that POS does keep his word , the law is still there for any future potus to implement at will.

Conley
01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Oh yeah, with every new piece of legislation like NDAA they just push the limits set by the Patriot Act even further. There is not much left for them to take. I'm glad Romney was truthful about NDAA because I was certain he would have signed it. Issues like that are why I'm not convinced there will be a big difference if he gets the job over Obama. I want Obama out but about the biggest change you can legitimately expect with Romney is maybe a few percent in your tax bill.