PDA

View Full Version : A Common Thread

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 01:37 AM
I'm a friend of apparently a lot of people 'round here. I go by many names, depending on the mood: The Real American Thinker, Thomas Paine, and Sinestro. My real nickname is "the Hobbit" though, 'cause I'm short, love my pipeweed, and would prefer to live a simple existence farming and celebrating life in general.

But for the present, I'm the plucky, green, fight-for-the-little-guy archer :D

http://sequart.org/images/Green-Arrow-by-Alex-Ross.jpg

roadmaster
09-22-2013, 01:58 AM
It's rare I have the same name on any site. Roadmaster (name) is only on two sites. But most can tell who you were regardless of a name change. People tend to misspell certain words or have a saying unlike others. Can some be on many sites yes without one knowing it, yes but they have to be careful. Or show their intelligent side with words that sometimes even a dictionary can't help you with.

GrassrootsConservative
09-22-2013, 02:13 AM
:yo2:

You'll always be TRAT to me.

/Edit:

love my pipeweed

You mean weed or tobacco?

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 02:24 AM
:yo2:

You'll always be TRAT to me.

It was always my favorite :tongue: It was just too long to use regularly :tongue:

Nice to see you, by the way. I missed your voice over in the other place.

/Edit:

You mean weed or tobacco?

Hehehehehehe...both ;)

GrassrootsConservative
09-22-2013, 02:30 AM
It was always my favorite :tongue: It was just too long to use regularly :tongue:

Nice to see you, by the way. I missed your voice over in the other place.

Hehehehehehe...both ;)

Likewise... to all of what you said.

About to spark a bowl now.

/Edit: You could always abbreviate it, I think DaRealMurcanThinkR would be short enough.

:terribletowel:

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 02:34 AM
Likewise... to all of what you said.

About to spark a bowl now.

Dude, lucky. It's been months since I got to. I don't even have my regular old tobacco pipe any more. Have to buy a new one when all my money isn't going into bills and groceries.

GrassrootsConservative
09-22-2013, 02:38 AM
Dude, lucky. It's been months since I got to. I don't even have my regular old tobacco pipe any more. Have to buy a new one when all my money isn't going into bills and groceries.

I was there a few months ago. Got a job now though. Your time will come again for sure.

And your tolerance will be shot. :wink:

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 02:48 AM
I was there a few months ago. Got a job now though. Your time will come again for sure.

And your tolerance will be shot. :wink:

No doubt. I couldn't drink for two straight years when I moved from Virginia to Tennessee. When I got back to Virginia, I expected to be able to dive right back in again. First sip of my beloved whiskey...and I just about died.

EDIT: That's not died and gone to heaven, either. It was horrible.

kilgram
09-22-2013, 02:56 AM
Welcome @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868). I was hoping to see you here, too.

GrassrootsConservative
09-22-2013, 03:01 AM
No doubt. I couldn't drink for two straight years when I moved from Virginia to Tennessee. When I got back to Virginia, I expected to be able to dive right back in again. First sip of my beloved whiskey...and I just about died.

EDIT: That's not died and gone to heaven, either. It was horrible.

I know just what you mean. I cannot even take a sniff of whiskey without gagging and feeling like I am about to blow chunks.

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 03:15 AM
I know just what you mean. I cannot even take a sniff of whiskey without gagging and feeling like I am about to blow chunks.

Well, I've been here almost two months now, so I've gotten my taste back. I can drink now without feeling sick. Getting back into the swing of things with the pipe is going to be the fun part...

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 03:16 AM
Welcome @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868). I was hoping to see you here, too.

Yes, I was told there was a mass exodus of folks. Wanted to stay in touch, plus oceanlover extended an invitation almost a month ago that I felt I should honor.

IMPress Polly
09-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Hey, I remember you from elsewhere! Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

Germanicus
09-22-2013, 06:18 AM
I like pipeweed too.

And fighting for the common people like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM

I will look out for the stuff you write.

edit- Green Arrow looks like a Mortal Kombat character from a distance.

oceanloverOH
09-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Green Arrow....so happy you joined us! I saw your friend request before I saw your introduction thread....and was a little hesitant. I thought, "Who IS this guy?" My friend list on this site are people I truly consider friends, not just anybody gets that honor, LOL. Then I came here and saw, IT'S MY TRAT! YAY! Friend request accepted of course....and welcome! You will find that the political insults can be tossed around a bit hot and heavy here......but you won't see too much fighting......the mods try very hard to stay on top of it and squash it when it gets out of hand.

Anyway, welcome, my friend; love ya!

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Hey, I remember you from elsewhere! Welcome to the forums! :smiley:

Yes, I've been wondering where you went off to :tongue: Nice to see you again. I missed your input.

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 01:07 PM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)....so happy you joined us! I saw your friend request before I saw your introduction thread....and was a little hesitant. I thought, "Who IS this guy?" My friend list on this site are people I truly consider friends, not just anybody gets that honor, LOL. Then I came here and saw, IT'S MY TRAT! YAY! Friend request accepted of course....and welcome! You will find that the political insults can be tossed around a bit hot and heavy here......but you won't see too much fighting......the mods try very hard to stay on top of it and squash it when it gets out of hand.

Anyway, welcome, my friend; love ya!

Thanks, dear :)

Adelaide
09-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

countryboy
09-22-2013, 01:19 PM
I'm a friend of apparently a lot of people 'round here. I go by many names, depending on the mood: The Real American Thinker, Thomas Paine, and Sinestro. My real nickname is "the Hobbit" though, 'cause I'm short, love my pipeweed, and would prefer to live a simple existence farming and celebrating life in general.

But for the present, I'm the plucky, green, fight-for-the-little-guy archer :D

http://sequart.org/images/Green-Arrow-by-Alex-Ross.jpg
I definitely identify with the Hobbit lifestyle, especially their love of food. But the pipe weed thing is an attraction. Though I have never tried pipe tobacco, I intend to at some point. I dream of a simple existence without the stress of the modern world. I am a bit too tall, but I could be Gandalf, a dear friend of some Hobbits.

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 01:36 PM
I definitely identify with the Hobbit lifestyle, especially their love of food. But the pipe weed thing is an attraction. Though I have never tried pipe tobacco, I intend to at some point. I dream of a simple existence without the stress of the modern world. I am a bit too tall, but I could be Gandalf, a dear friend of some Hobbits.

Oh, pipe tobacco is great. Definitely the perfect alternative to smoking. It's pure tobacco, so it's healthier than cigarettes without all the nasty shit. Plus, pipe tobacco smoke actually smells good, as opposed to the nasty smell of cigarettes.

countryboy
09-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Oh, pipe tobacco is great. Definitely the perfect alternative to smoking. It's pure tobacco, so it's healthier than cigarettes without all the nasty shit. Plus, pipe tobacco smoke actually smells good, as opposed to the nasty smell of cigarettes.
Absolutely, I love the smell of pipe tobacco. It smells good when it's not burning too. Still, it's far from healthy. Mouth cancer is prevalent among pipe smokers, if I'm not mistaken. But what vice isn't harmful? Everything in moderation, eh?

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Absolutely, I love the smell of pipe tobacco. It smells good when it's not burning too. Still, it's far from healthy. Mouth cancer is prevalent among pipe smokers, if I'm not mistaken. But what vice isn't harmful? Everything in moderation, eh?

I didn't mean to say it was healthy, just more healthy than cigarettes. But yes, all vices are harmful in some way. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy it?

oceanloverOH
09-22-2013, 02:51 PM
I didn't mean to say it was healthy, just more healthy than cigarettes. But yes, all vices are harmful in some way. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy it??

Words to live by, my friend.

Dr. Who
09-22-2013, 06:12 PM
Welcome Green Arrow. Why do I want to call you Robin?

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Welcome Green Arrow. Why do I want to call you Robin?

Robin as in Robin Hood, or as in Batman and Robin?

Dr. Who
09-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Robin as in Robin Hood, or as in Batman and Robin?Robin of Locksley. He was of course an archer. Batman's Robin was not.

Agravan
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM
I didn't mean to say it was healthy, just more healthy than cigarettes. But yes, all vices are harmful in some way. What's the point of living if you can't enjoy it?
We're all gonna die anyway, might as well die happy.

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Robin of Locksley. He was of course an archer. Batman's Robin was not.

Ah. Then, to answer your question, it's because I was modeled after dear old Robin ;)

Dr. Who
09-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Ah. Then, to answer your question, it's because I was modeled after dear old Robin ;)

One of the original and most revered superheroes. Welcome Green Arrow, or as I may call you from time to time, Robin.

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 07:54 PM
One of the original and most revered superheroes. Welcome Green Arrow, or as I may call you from time to time, Robin.

Thank you, Dr. Who. Am I correct to assume that your name is an homage to another great superhero, of the Timelords?

Dr. Who
09-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Thank you, Dr. Who. Am I correct to assume that your name is an homage to another great superhero, of the Timelords? It is indeed.

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 08:05 PM
It is indeed.

I think we're going to get along great :tongue:

Captain Obvious
09-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Hell, I rejected your friends request before I saw who you were. Sorry, send me another one.

Green Arrow
09-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Hell, I rejected your friends request before I saw who you were. Sorry, send me another one.

It won't let me. Says it's still pending.

Captain Obvious
09-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Resent