PDA

View Full Version : Imprisoned Jeffs imposes change on polygamous sect

roadmaster
01-17-2012, 12:56 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/imprisoned-jeffs-imposes-change-polygamous-sect-160155002.html

Among the newly reinforced rules: No Internet access, no recreation equipment or toys and no sexual relations between spouses without Jeffs' permission, which mean no children being born in the community.
Members are also expected to give 100 percent of their earnings to the church, meeting only their basic needs through goods obtained from a church cooperative known as the Bishop's Storehouse.

his grip on most of his 10,000 followers doesn't appear to be lessening and some former insiders say he's imposing even more rigid requirements that are roiling the church and splitting its members.

Who understands this? Why are people so blind especially the women in these camps?
Another Jim Jones:angry:

MMC
01-17-2012, 01:12 AM
I never did understand people being enthralled with these types of so called religious leaders. But the good book says in the End of Days. There would be false prophets. AKA.....religious leaders in todays world.

wingrider
01-17-2012, 01:45 AM
I have never understood the mormon sect or their philosophy, everything they teach and believe is in direct conflict with what Jesus taught and what the new testament tells us.. but people are so gullible to these snake charmers it is sickening.. I posted a vid awhile back about just what these poor deluded souls belive and was shocked i tell ya shocked that they could believe such a pack of lies.

roadmaster
01-17-2012, 01:52 AM
I have never understood the mormon sect or their philosophy, everything they teach and believe is in direct conflict with what Jesus taught and what the new testament tells us.. but people are so gullible to these snake charmers it is sickening.. I posted a vid awhile back about just what these poor deluded souls belive and was shocked i tell ya shocked that they could believe such a pack of lies.
Trust me I know. They just won't admit it and if we bring it up they will say they do go by what Jesus taught. One said in private that there are different sects and not all are like this. So I pretty much gave up on debating this. :grin:

MMC
01-17-2012, 02:29 AM
I have heard the same argument about the Mormons and their Church of Latter Day Saints. Still any that comes along and states that they are a religious leader. Needs to be grilled in the first place. Which should come from those around them in the same community. For all should be wary of such men who wish for power thru religion and claim to wield it for God!