PDA

View Full Version : Today's Recipe

oceanloverOH
09-22-2013, 05:27 PM
We all need something sweet today to put a smile on our faces. Here is a very good, low-sugar/low carb recipe for a streusel dessert topping. I'm going to use it as a layer between chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding in a pudding pie today. Enjoy!

Streusel Topping

½ stick (¼ cup) butter, softened (NOT melted)
½ cup flour
¼ cup Splenda granulated sugar
¼ cup Splenda brown sugar blend
¼ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg

In small mixing bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly.

************************************************** *****************************************
To use as a topping for baked goods, sprinkle unbaked streusel liberally on fruit pies, muffins, etc. and bake as usual.

To use as a topping for unbaked desserts (cream pies, puddings, ice cream), bake streusel in glass pie pan at 350° for 10 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle liberally on dessert and serve.

Streusel (UNBAKED) will keep in Ziplock freezer bag in freezer for 1 month. To use, remove from freezer and bake as directed.

Peter1469
09-22-2013, 05:36 PM
I am going to back up some Andouille sausage and steam some fresh green beans. Both from the Farmers Market.

oceanloverOH
09-22-2013, 05:38 PM
I am going to back up some Andouille sausage and steam some fresh green beans. Both from the Farmers Market.

"Back up"? Is this a new cooking method I haven't heard of? :rofl:

Peter1469
09-22-2013, 05:42 PM
sorry, bake.....

oceanloverOH
09-22-2013, 07:00 PM
sorry, bake.....

I knew that....just teasing you....

Mister D
09-22-2013, 07:03 PM

Dartagnan makes the best I've ever had.

Common
09-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Dartagnan makes the best I've ever had.

Ever try Paul Prudhommes

jillian
09-22-2013, 08:26 PM

i like andouille sausage in rice and beans with pieces of ham and chicken n'orleans style.

Mister D
09-22-2013, 08:32 PM
Ever try Paul Prudhommes

I don't think I've ever see it. Looks like a quality sausage though.

http://www.chefpaul.com/meats

Common
09-22-2013, 08:50 PM
i like andouille sausage in rice and beans with pieces of ham and chicken n'orleans style.

That is good

Common
09-22-2013, 08:51 PM
I don't think I've ever see it. Looks like a quality sausage though.

http://www.chefpaul.com/meats

It is but its not cheap, I use alot of his spices

Mister D
09-22-2013, 08:56 PM
It is but its not cheap, I use alot of his spices

I only eat humanely raised animals so I don't know if I could buy this. The Dartagnan links are pricey but worth it, IMO. Heritage breeds and humanely raised. Great garlic flavor too.

Heritage breeds are traditional livestock breeds that were raised by farmers in the past, before the drastic reduction of breed variety caused by the rise of industrial agriculture. Within the past 15 years, 190 breeds of farm animals have gone extinct worldwide, and there are currently 1,500 others at risk of becoming extinct. In the past five years alone, 60 breeds of cattle, goats, pigs, horses and poultry have become extinct

http://www.sustainabletable.org/1383/heritage-animal-breeds-and-heirloom-crop-varieties

shaarona
09-22-2013, 08:58 PM
I make a tomato pie that is wonderful and can be served hot, cold or at room temperature.

Cut day old French bread into 1 1/2 inch cubes.

Toss with olive oil and some garlic powder (Unless you want to gently sautee some fresh garlic)

Toast in the oven until golden brown.

Remove from oven and toss tomatoes.. any kind with a pinch of salt.

Return to oven until the tomatoes burst.

Its wonderful with roast chicken.

Used to have this when I lived in Southern Switzerland and the cooking is northern Italian.

oceanloverOH
09-22-2013, 09:51 PM

You hijacked my recipe thread again....I'm gonna get you.

:justkidding:

Common
09-22-2013, 10:33 PM
You hijacked my recipe thread again....I'm gonna get you.

:justkidding:

lol siggem OC

Chloe
09-30-2013, 04:00 PM

lunch

GrassrootsConservative
09-30-2013, 04:03 PM

lunch

That BLT needs some bacon, pronto! :grin:

Chloe
09-30-2013, 04:09 PM
That BLT needs some bacon, pronto! :grin:

avocado and tomato sandwiches are really good. If you put a little bit of olive oil and vinegar in it and it's amazing. Skip the bacon :)

Peter1469
09-30-2013, 05:33 PM

lunch

That looks good!