PDA

View Full Version : Americans' Desire for Gov't Leaders to Compromise Increases

Common
09-23-2013, 06:19 AM
By 53% to 25%, say leaders should compromise rather than stick to principles
- At a time when disagreements and inability to reach consensus in Congress pose the threat of a federal government shutdown, Americans express an increasingly strong preference for their political leaders in Washington to compromise, rather than stick to their principles at the cost of getting nothing done.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164570/americans-desire-gov-leaders-compromise-increases.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

What does this poll reflect, I think its obvious that americans are tired of the republicans house obstructionist stance and the big mouths of guys like Ted Cruz

Matty
09-23-2013, 06:28 AM
obummer has no intention of ever compromising about anything, he's all about demonizing.

Common
09-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Do you ever have anything reasonable to say

Mainecoons
09-23-2013, 07:24 AM
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101051996

Tell it to Obama.

Time to stop compromising with the left. All that has done in my lifetime is move the country to the left and destroy its economy.

Draw the line in the sand and let the chips fall where they may. Better to go down fighting then die the death of a thousand cuts.

Agravan
09-23-2013, 07:29 AM

- At a time when disagreements and inability to reach consensus in Congress pose the threat of a federal government shutdown, Americans express an increasingly strong preference for their political leaders in Washington to compromise, rather than stick to their principles at the cost of getting nothing done.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/164570/americans-desire-gov-leaders-compromise-increases.aspx?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=syndication&utm_content=morelink&utm_term=All%20Gallup%20Headlines

What does this poll reflect, I think its obvious that americans are tired of the republicans house obstructionist stance and the big mouths of guys like Ted Cruz

Compromise only works when both parties make commitments which will be honored. How many times have Republicans compromised with Dems for raising taxes in exchange for spending cuts? Taxes get raised, but then Dem's renege on the cuts. How can you have compromise with someone who can't be trusted to honor their end? Compromise involves both parties giving something in exchange. The Dems take, but give nothing. In a Dems mind, compromise is the Republicans caving to Dems, not the other way around.

Matty
09-23-2013, 07:31 AM
that was reasonable. and true also

jillian
09-23-2013, 07:35 AM

they're being generous using the term principles.

zelmo1234
09-23-2013, 07:38 AM

So the last time there was a compromise, republicans said that they would agree to higher taxes and the Democrats said that they would agree to find some future spending cuts with the sequester being the safe guard against them just lying like they have in the past? How did this work out?

Cigar
09-23-2013, 07:40 AM

Better yet ... Facts to back up that claim ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mainecoons
09-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Cigar, you are a graphic example of why compromise is futile.

Cigar
09-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Cigar, you are a graphic example of why compromise is futile.

Thank You for the Complement ... I'm not a Government Politician ... in my business, Compromising cost lives.

So the next time you take off and touch back to earth all in one piece ... you can thank God all you want, I won't take it personal. :grin:

zelmo1234
09-23-2013, 08:03 AM
Thank You for the Complement ... I'm not a Government Politician ... in my business, Compromising cost lives.

So the next time you take off and touch back to earth all in one piece ... you can thank God all you want, I won't take it personal. :grin:

So now you are an air traffic controller, I thought you were a consultant?

Mainecoons
09-23-2013, 08:04 AM
No, Cigar, you're just an "equal opportunity" ward of the government. :grin: