PDA

View Full Version : Do the American People have the power to change things in government?

lynn
09-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Do the American people have a voice in stopping this Obamacare extortion scam? The media is incapable of being allowed to tell the truth. The government statistical reports that are suppose to be truthful and transparent about the employment numbers, the insured numbers, etc don' t provide the actual numbers at all.

What can the American people do to make our government work for the people instead of their own self interest groups that are allowed to write them a check to make or change laws? People are always complaining about how corrupt our government is but nobody can tell us how we are suppose to fight them and demand changes?

Please do not respond by saying to write to our local politicians because we all know that does not work. We certainly cannot afford to hire a lobbyist to be our voice since we are all hurting for money right now. How long is it going to take for the American people to realize the implications of this law? This law is not about making sure everyone can obtain healthcare that is affordable. It is about making sure you can pay for health coverage.

We are paying so much of our money into this system that is not going to healthcare providers and people do not seem to get it. The government is now able to control us completely in our daily lives and we have just lost all of our freedom. Paying for poor people's healthcare is not a problem for me. The problem I do have is the rest of us will be stuck with high deductibles which will prevent many of us from seeking healthcare.

That is why the government is forcing everyone to have high deductibles so they won't be able to afford to get healthcare. There are 2 million last generation baby boomers that our government wishes we would all die before we reach 65 so they can afford the other 2 million last generation baby boomers when they reach retirement.

We need a healthcare system that is non profit with one administration without Wallstreet being allowed to invest in it. We need a transparent system so we know exactly where are healthcare dollars are being spent. We do not need the health insurance companies anymore since they are only taking our money and giving very little in return.

This is a fact that less than 5% of the population is considered to be a high cost for healthcare. 99% of the working citizens are healthy and for obvious reasons, they will not be able to keep their job very long if they are out of work for a long period of time due to health reasons. So where is our premium dollars being spent on? Its not on healthcare!

Mainecoons
09-23-2013, 12:06 PM
No. Things really have gone too far.

Chris
09-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Hate to be cynical as well but I think we're past the point of no return where approximately half the population thinks big government taking care of them is the answer.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have." ~Gerald Ford

I disagree that we need a non-profit healthcare system. We need one without government serving the interests of insurance companies.

Cigar
09-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Yes ,,,

http://funsmix.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/funny-black-jokes.jpg

Ravi
09-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Yes, it was called the 2012 election.

Adelaide
09-23-2013, 05:31 PM
Hate to be cynical as well but I think we're past the point of no return where approximately half the population thinks big government taking care of them is the answer.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have." ~Gerald Ford

I disagree that we need a non-profit healthcare system. We need one without government serving the interests of insurance companies.

I keep saying this, but big government itself isn't necessarily a/the problem. It's big government with no accountability, out of control with spending and is inefficient that is the problem. The US has numerous government agencies and services that are ass backwards and out of control. They need to be scaled back and put under control, held to some level of accountability. Neither major party seems to consider this to be a priority even if they claim it is - they seem to want different kinds of big, inefficient government.

Mainecoons
09-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Big government by definition ends up being out of control with no accountability. You might want to do a little looking around your own back yard, you might be surprised at what you find.

Adelaide
09-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Big government by definition ends up being out of control with no accountability. You might want to do a little looking around your own back yard, you might be surprised at what you find.

Trust me, I'm well aware of where my government is inefficient and pissing tax payer dollars down the drain. But, there is at least some accountability. We've had agencies audited and reforms made. We've had senators investigated and fined. Programs that went out of control are being scaled back and brought back into reality. A reasonable example would be the independent audit that was done on my provincial government that resulted in massive budget cuts to social programs or restructuring of those programs in order to set a goal of when we'll be out of debt. The federal government has successfully done the same (they should be above red in a couple years with the current budget plans). Still a lot of room for improvement, but things are changing.