PDA

View Full Version : UK Unable to Deport Radical Cleric

Conley
01-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Abu Qatada, whose real name is Omar Othman, is one of the most influential Islamist clerics in Europe, supporting jihadist causes. British judges have described him as "truly dangerous".

He has never faced trial in the UK, but has been detained without charge and had his movements restricted by a control order, a form of house arrest.

The Palestinian-Jordanian preacher has been convicted in his absence of involvement in two major terrorism plots in Jordan.

The government signed a memorandum of understanding with Jordan as part of its efforts to expel him, one of a number of deals with foreign regimes which are designed to protect the human rights of anyone deported from the UK.

In the ruling, the Strasbourg court accepted that diplomatic assurances given by Jordan to the UK meant that the cleric would be protected from torture if he were returned.

But it added that the deportation had to be stopped because Abu Qatada was likely to face retrial in Jordan - and that torture had been used to gather the evidence against him.

"Torture and the use of torture evidence were banned under international law," said the European Court.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16590662

Europe is destroying itself...it is a darn shame. :sad:

MMC
01-17-2012, 05:41 PM
Do you think Europe will be able to withstand being Assimalated?

Conley
01-17-2012, 05:49 PM
I know what you're saying but I don't know if I would call it assimilated exactly. I don't know what to call it really.

I think it is being systematically destroyed but what amazes me is the way they are just rolling over and letting it happen, even after all that has happened with bombings, riots, etc. The signs couldn't be more clear. Then again I suppose they have survived worse, but only with American help.

MMC
01-17-2012, 05:54 PM
What else would you call it? If not Assimilation. Technically are not the Palestinians and Jordanians the most liberal of the Arabs. What about Morracans. If they are westernized then they are not so much tied to their own people. Know what I mean?

Conley
01-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Well, I guess I am thinking of assimilation as this:

"the state of being assimilated; people of different backgrounds come to see themselves as part of a larger national family."

I don't see it ever becoming a national family. I think there will always be distinct groups there - I mean just look in the Middle East at how all the groups are constantly at odds with each other. I see it more as a destruction than an assimilation. Of course, once Europe is in ruins, it will have less of an appeal to immigrants. That said it will always be a better place to live than the Middle East or Africa.

MMC
01-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Well, I guess I am thinking of assimilation as this:

"the state of being assimilated; people of different backgrounds come to see themselves as part of a larger national family."

I don't see it ever becoming a national family. I think there will always be distinct groups there - I mean just look in the Middle East at how all the groups are constantly at odds with each other. I see it more as a destruction than an assimilation. Of course, once Europe is in ruins, it will have less of an appeal to immigrants. That said it will always be a better place to live than the Middle East or Africa.

Seems they must not of thought of being bred-out! Which is plasuible with the mentioning of their liberal crowd. Like the with the Creation of Palestine. Seems meddling in affairs that they should not have.....always comes back to bite one in the azz.

Sharia Law brutha.....I against my brutha, my brutha and I against are cuzin, our family against other Arabs, Arabs against Jews, Arabs and Jews against all others! Is it not this way now?

Mister D
01-17-2012, 06:15 PM
American help? They are following an American example.

Conley
01-17-2012, 06:18 PM

I was speaking of American help in WW2.

MMC
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM

True Dat.....American Men will fuck anything. :laugh: :grin:

Conley
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
Sharia Law brutha.....I against my brutha, my brutha and I against are cuzin, our family against other Arabs, Arabs against Jews, Arabs and Jews against all others! Is it not this way now?

It sure seems that way doesn't it. Iraq being the latest example.

MMC
01-17-2012, 06:24 PM
It sure seems that way doesn't it. Iraq being the latest example.

Palestine and Jordan led the way......going to western schools. Living in the West going back home. Getting medical degrees in the Carribean. Same with Pakistan too. Jeans and social norms from the west and taken back home. Then look at the Sunni and the Shia. The Saudis go to school in Europe and the US. Guess another difference would be those who are corn-fed.....huh?

Mister D
01-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I was speaking of American help in WW2.

My mistake. I'm just saying that this kind of cosmopolitanism is an imported and distinctly American ideal.

Conley
01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
My mistake. I'm just saying that this kind of cosmopolitanism is an imported and distinctly American ideal.

Really? I feel like Europe is way more concerned about Political Correctness than the U.S.

Mister D
01-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Really? I feel like Europe is way more concerned about Political Correctness than the U.S.

Perhaps but only because they have no tradition of "free speech" as we understand such a thing. Most certainly, these are all distinctly Americans traditions that arrived post-1945. Don't thin for a second that our political handlers would not like speech laws similar to Europe's.

wingrider
01-18-2012, 12:26 AM
if you cannot deport the freaking idiot , well bullets are cheap and no need to tie up the courts and all..