PDA

View Full Version : We Are Losing Our Freedom

Conley
01-18-2012, 09:12 AM
I was thinking again about NDAA. Think of all that this country has been through since WW2. McCarthyism and the rise of communism, the Cold War, Vietnam, 9/11. This country faced huge danger, had many risks to our way of life, nuclear annihilation, etc. Never did we enact or even consider a law such as this. Now, ten years after 9/11 with AQ in ruins and no enemy that compares to anything like what we have face previously, we've been hit by increasing laws to deny our freedoms. First it was "just" the TSA. Then NDAA. Now they want to take the internet away and begin censoring it with SOPA and PIPA. I'm not a guy into tin foil conspiracies but you have to ask yourself why now? The rise of the Tea Party and OWS may have something to do with it. Politicians know this is their chance to keep the population from acting up or speaking out about how the country is being run. What is next?

MMC
01-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I was thinking again about NDAA. Think of all that this country has been through since WW2. McCarthyism and the rise of communism, the Cold War, Vietnam, 9/11. This country faced huge danger, had many risks to our way of life, nuclear annihilation, etc. Never did we enact or even consider a law such as this. Now, ten years after 9/11 with AQ in ruins and no enemy that compares to anything like what we have face previously, we've been hit by increasing laws to deny our freedoms. First it was "just" the TSA. Then NDAA. Now they want to take the internet away and begin censoring it with SOPA and PIPA. I'm not a guy into tin foil conspiracies but you have to ask yourself why now? The rise of the Tea Party and OWS may have something to do with it. Politicians know this is their chance to keep the population from acting up or speaking out about how the country is being run. What is next?

Did you read my post under Bruce's Thread about this? It is a Threat to the Constitution and ones Rights. Even thru property. I don't think it has a great significance about the OWS or Tea Party. This is the exact moves made while moving to Fascism. The Police state consolidates power, then expands itself. Do I think the Aristocracy in this Country is starting to feel unsafe. Yes!

What does it take for all to see what is actually going on around them? Eyes in the Sky, Cameras everywheres. Laws made up for almost every aspect of one's life and what is acceptable and what is not. Laws made over political Correctness.

Conley
01-18-2012, 09:27 AM
I did read it. I was actually thinking about this yesterday and had my mind set to post it, then I saw your thread and thought it deserved a new discussion since that one was somewhat old and before we knew about SOPA. Wikipedia is blacked out and Google has a banner up too.

The thing about these laws are at first they seem ok, but that's how it starts and then it keeps going. For example people got angry about the new TSA rules but figured if one is not a terrorrist they don't have to worry. Well now we are seeing how our government defines terrorists and it's not how we all know them to be.

wingrider
01-19-2012, 01:03 AM
hang on to your sanity if you can folks this is jusst the tip of the iceberg.. and the Titantic ( America ) is off course and running in the dark right for it..I think what we are seeing here is an upscale version of Hitlers Germany of the 30s . Compare the facts of what Germany did in the 30s to what has happened in America since the 9/11 incident.. the parellells are striking.. the only difference I can see is instead of one man taking power it is a small group of individuals making the decisions and and having their puppets exert the structure.. much like a corporate takeover only on a national scale

MMC
01-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Good call WR.