PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like scotch?

Mister D
07-14-2011, 06:19 PM
My buddy is bringing me in a nice single malt tomorrow. I forget the brand name but I tasted it out of a flask at work this morning. ;) Wow. I mean usually liquor is kind of gross but I rolled this around for a bit and tasted it fully. Good stuff. $55 for 750ml but it's worth it. Scotch is pretty much the only hard liquor I drink these days.

Captain Obvious
07-14-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm not a big liquor drinker, couldn't tell you the difference when it comes to scotch.

The only liquor I'll drink is the occasional (once a year) vodka martini and once in a blue moon if I'm a wedding and all they have is budmiller lite, I'll have a bourbon and ice. Maybe a couple of margaritas in there somewhere, but that's not really hard liquor.

Mister D
07-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I'm not a big liquor drinker, couldn't tell you the difference when it comes to scotch.

The only liquor I'll drink is the occasional (once a year) vodka martini and once in a blue moon if I'm a wedding and all they have is budmiller lite, I'll have a bourbon and ice. Maybe a couple of margaritas in there somewhere, but that's not really hard liquor.

Bourbon turns my stomach. Sour mash too. I've taken a liking to scotch. The less expensive ones like Johnny Walker Red Label are kind of harsh on their own but they're good for mixing with whatever you like. I drank those on the rocks to help me acquire the taste for scotch but now that I've had well aged single malts that's the only thing I'll drink straight.

Conley
07-14-2011, 06:47 PM
My buddy is bringing me in a nice single malt tomorrow. I forget the brand name but I tasted it out of a flask at work this morning. ;) Wow. I mean usually liquor is kind of gross but I rolled this around for a bit and tasted it fully. Good stuff. $55 for 750ml but it's worth it. Scotch is pretty much the only hard liquor I drink these days.

definitely love the scotch...let us know the name when you get it. a good scotch is worth the money.

Mister D
07-14-2011, 06:53 PM

definitely love the scotch...let us know the name when you get it. a good scotch is worth the money.

I'll chime in tomorrow morning. I should have it by then.

Captain Obvious
07-14-2011, 06:57 PM
There was this dude we used to know, a real tool. One of those guys who was always trying to be somebody he's really not.

Self proclaimed scotch connoisseur. I don't remember the high end scotch he liked, but they had it at this place I worked at. Got an empty bottle of it and went out and bought a bottle of this stuff called "Vat 69", some off-label scotch and dumped it into that high-end empty bottle.

Yeah, he said it was fantastic.

Did the same trick with him with a fake Davidoff cigar.

Mister D
07-14-2011, 07:14 PM
There was this dude we used to know, a real tool. One of those guys who was always trying to be somebody he's really not.

Self proclaimed scotch connoisseur. I don't remember the high end scotch he liked, but they had it at this place I worked at. Got an empty bottle of it and went out and bought a bottle of this stuff called "Vat 69", some off-label scotch and dumped it into that high-end empty bottle.

Yeah, he said it was fantastic.

Did the same trick with him with a fake Davidoff cigar.

:D :D Good Lord. ::)

Mister D
07-14-2011, 07:15 PM
Mind you, I can't tell the difference between brands of scotch but I can tell the difference between a high end and a low end scotch. The latter is relatively harsh.

spunkloaf
07-14-2011, 07:25 PM
http://www.theglenlivet.com/homepage/lda-image.jpg

Mister D
07-14-2011, 07:33 PM

I will get around trying that in time. I'll probably go through a bottle a month.

MMC
07-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah I have never been a Scotch drinker.....Seagrams V.O. Whiskey on the rocks. I never know what to order from a bar unless there is food coming with it. I always order 7&7. Easyiest thing that comes to mind.

Never really been a drinker in my life. Althought I do like Brandy. Or to cook with a wine and or rum. Went thru the Club drinks when I was younger just trying them. Usually when ordering for some chick. Never really got into it.....

Mister D
07-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah I have never been a Scotch drinker.....Seagrams V.O. Whiskey on the rocks. I never know what to order from a bar unless there is food coming with it. I always order 7&7. Easyiest thing that comes to mind.

Never really been a drinker in my life. Althought I do like Brandy. Or to cook with a wine and or rum. Went thru the Club drinks when I was younger just trying them. Usually when ordering for some chick. Never really got into it.....

7 & 7 is oldschool isn't it? 8)

Mister D
07-14-2011, 07:58 PM
I like scotch in tea, actually. Great winter drink. Not so good in the summer... :-\

MMC
07-14-2011, 08:12 PM
I like scotch in tea, actually. Great winter drink. Not so good in the summer... :-\

Yeah I like the brandy in tea....also I have some Japanese and Chinese Teas. I was in martial arts since I was 7yrs old. One main reason I never became a drinker. I hate winter. But there are some drinks you can have then. Butterscotch snapps is good as well in Winter.

Mister D
07-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Yeah I like the brandy in tea....also I have some Japanese and Chinese Teas. I was in martial arts since I was 7yrs old. One main reason I never became a drinker. I hate winter. But there are some drinks you can have then. Butterscotch snapps is good as well in Winter.

I don't touch the sweet stuff like schnapps. Hey, I run 20 miles a week at least and lift weights. I drink. Not a lot and waaaay less than I did when I was in my mid 20s but I like a drink almost everyday.

Mister D
07-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I like a smoky scotch in my lapsang tea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong

Scotch and tea, bitches. O0

Mister D
07-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Conley has been posting for the last 1/2 hour on this thread. :D He probably keeps forgetting what he wanted to say. ;D

Conley
07-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Mind you, I can't tell the difference between brands of scotch but I can tell the difference between a high end and a low end scotch. The latter is relatively harsh.

yeah, telling the difference between the two is pretty easy if you have taste buds. fancy wine, i probably couldn't tell the difference between $20 and $200 though

Conley
07-14-2011, 08:23 PM
Conley has been posting for the last 1/2 hour on this thread. :D He probably keeps forgetting what he wanted to say. ;D

:asshole: :douchebag: :finger: :D :D :D

Mister D
07-14-2011, 08:24 PM

yeah, telling the difference between the two is pretty easy if you have taste buds. fancy wine, i probably couldn't tell the difference between $20 and $200 though

I have to admit I don't think I could either. I never buy a bottle of wine that costs more than $20 anyway and for precisely that reason.

wingrider
07-15-2011, 12:45 AM
I don't know about scotch .. but give me a rum and coke anytime.

GRUMPY
07-15-2011, 06:43 AM
well yesterday i celebrated taking care of some maintenance issues in a timely fashion by having a white russian....not my usual but the stuff was there and felt like something a littttttttle different....well it tasted just like a milk shake and i like milk shakes.....four maybe five later....anyway this morning my head is exploding.....also went to a 912 townhall meeting.....very unimpressed with the two speakers....weak, indecisive and one in particular came across as a republican....i asked him a couple three simple and direct questions to which he responded that this was some form of inquisition....i damn near racked the clown at that point but no, i just informed him that congress is full of republicans and this country can ill afford another republican that is not a principled conservative.....damn my head hurts....

spunkloaf
07-15-2011, 07:11 AM

I will get around trying that in time. I'll probably go through a bottle a month.

You may like it. It's smooth, with no burning aftertaste. But expensive. Some bars don't offer it. This is the kind of stuff you can hide proudly in your bottom drawer.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 08:25 AM

You may like it. It's smooth, with no burning aftertaste. But expensive. Some bars don't offer it. This is the kind of stuff you can hide proudly in your bottom drawer.

I have a bottle of single malt Laphroaig on my desk. I will have a glass of that tomorrow before I go out to a bar. :) I think I'll even walk to the bar.

Conley
07-15-2011, 09:18 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Laphroaig_10YO.JPG/250px-Laphroaig_10YO.JPG

Laphroaig is one of the most strongly flavoured of all Scotch whiskies, and is most frequently aged to 10 years, although the 15-(now discontinued) and 18-year-old varieties are common (the 27-, 30- and 40-year-olds are rare and expensive). The company describes their whisky as the most distinctive of Scotch whisky.

In an attempt to re-create the taste of historic whiskies, Laphroaig carried out experiments. Recently the Laphroaig Quarter Cask has been introduced. By using smaller casks and by avoiding chill filtering, the Quarter Cask Single Malt is supposed to taste like the type of whisky that was distilled 200 years ago.[4] Due to the smaller barrel used, the oak surface contact is 30% greater than with standard barrels. Quarter casks were preferred in the 18th century, when smuggling was rife. These smaller barrels were easier for mules to carry (a favoured means of cross-land transportation).

The Quarter Cask is also bottled at 96 proof (48% ABV), or 20% stronger than standard.[5]

Until 2005, the venerable standard bearer 10-year-old bottling contained an alcohol percentage of 43%, after which it was changed to the minimal allowable by law percentage of 40%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laphroaig

Mister D
07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
This is 43%. I'm looking forward to this. :) I'll probably hit up happy hour tonight but tomorrow I will indulge.

Conley
07-15-2011, 09:41 AM
This is 43%. I'm looking forward to this. :) I'll probably hit up happy hour tonight but tomorrow I will indulge.

I wonder if the price on that 43% has gone up since it's no longer made. Probably be a while before that happens.

Nice...get some wings at happy hour too :)

Mister D
07-15-2011, 09:43 AM

I wonder if the price on that 43% has gone up since it's no longer made. Probably be a while before that happens.

Nice...get some wings at happy hour too :)

I had my buddy pick it up for me. The store down by his place had it for $55. That's a fair price.

Conley
07-15-2011, 09:49 AM
you must have some crazy alcohol taxes there in the tri - state.

a store around here had 1.75L of Ketel 1 for $30...good deal

Mister D
07-15-2011, 09:51 AM

Yeah, NJ probably does. I never thought about it because I only buy beer out of state. We don't have that deposit for the bottles in NJ.

freecell
07-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Use to, never liked JB or the others. I am really not a drinker any more. Did in my first year of college.
I will still have a glass of wine around twice a year and maybe a few beers. Depends on whom I am out with.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Use to, never liked JB or the others. I am really not a drinker any more. Did in my first year of college.
I will still have a glass of wine around twice a year and maybe a few beers. Depends on whom I am out with.

You'er like my parents. ;D ::)

freecell
07-15-2011, 12:30 PM

You'er like my parents. ;D ::)

Well considering I am in my 50's and have a son close to 30 sounds right. You get a little wiser as you age. LOL

Mister D
07-15-2011, 12:49 PM

You're like my parents. ;D ::)

Well considering I am in my 50's and have a son close to 30 sounds right. You get a little wiser as you age. LOL

A good scotch will help clean up your liver, improve heart health and improve overall circulation. Don't quote me on that though.

spunkloaf
07-15-2011, 01:03 PM

A good scotch will help clean up your liver, improve heart health and improve overall circulation. Don't quote me on that though.

Probably somewhat true. All in moderation, though. If you constantly marinate your body in alcohol it certainly has negative effects.

Conley
07-15-2011, 01:05 PM

Probably somewhat true. All in moderation, though. If you constantly marinate your body in alcohol it certainly has negative effects.

yeah, even in moderation i've never heard of it helping your liver but i do hope that's true! of course moderation and i parted ways a long time ago

Conley
07-15-2011, 01:05 PM
i hate moderation, especially on forums ;D

freecell
07-15-2011, 01:25 PM
Lol we all know those people who shouldn't drink the hard stuff. Well that's me, I get mean and I am normally nice.
Don't know why but it was never for me. Got thrown out of some places when I was younger. It's a wonder I wasn't arrested.

I will stick to wine or beer. ;D

bladimz
07-15-2011, 02:58 PM
I absolutely do not like scotch. Not one bit. I understand that it is an acquired taste, and i'm too far along in life to start screwing around with a new high. That and Tequila are my enemies.

Yukon Jack, Gin, Vodka... the usual are fine with me.

Conley
07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
what's yukon jack?

spunkloaf
07-15-2011, 03:09 PM
what's yukon jack?

Mr. Daniels' twin Canadian brother.

Conley
07-15-2011, 03:13 PM
what's yukon jack?

Ah...thanks. I make it a point to never drink anything from Canada.

spunkloaf
07-15-2011, 03:19 PM
what's yukon jack?

Ah...thanks. I make it a point to never drink anything from Canada.

I know just what you mean.

One time when I was low down and on the sauce, I saw a sign next to the freeway that said "Drink Canada Dry."

I took the first plane to Toronto.

Conley
07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
:D :D :D

Canada Dry tonic is about the only "Canadian" thing I'll drink...skunky beer, Canadian Club, etc no thanks

bladimz
07-15-2011, 03:37 PM
"Yukon Jack: A taste borne of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit, and their cabins warm"

Not many people like it straight from the bottle, but no one will turn down a second "snakebite". (YJ and Rose's Lime Juice)

bladimz
07-15-2011, 03:39 PM

Canada Dry tonic is about the only "Canadian" thing I'll drink...skunky beer, Canadian Club, etc no thanks

I drink tonic water straight. I don't know why; i just do.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 03:56 PM

I hope everyone knows I was kidding.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 03:57 PM

I was never a big vodka fan except when I was a kid drinking Smirnoff screw drivers.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Lol we all know those people who shouldn't drink the hard stuff. Well that's me, I get mean and I am normally nice.
Don't know why but it was never for me. Got thrown out of some places when I was younger. It's a wonder I wasn't arrested.

I will stick to wine or beer. ;D

Aha! Instant a$$hole. Just add alcohol. :o ;D

Mister D
07-15-2011, 03:59 PM

Molson Canadian is one of my favorite beers. Whever I'm in the Binghamton NY area I get it cheap.

Captain Obvious
07-16-2011, 08:16 PM
I used to drink Yukon Jack in my younger days. Orange liquor, it's not that bad though a bit harsh and sweet.

Ouzo is another good liquor.

I bought a pineapple and a half gallon of Gibley's vodka looking to make another batch of pineapple vodka, but I waited too long and the pineapple rotted. I was at the grocery store today and bought a couple of fresh (and they were fresh) jalapeno peppers and used them. Cut them up and put them in the jar (seeds and all - the seeds will give it the spice) and it's sitting on the counter right now. Should be ready in a month or two.

Mister D
07-16-2011, 09:07 PM
I used to drink Yukon Jack in my younger days. Orange liquor, it's not that bad though a bit harsh and sweet.

I bought a pineapple and a half gallon of Gibley's vodka looking to make another batch of pineapple vodka, but I waited too long and the pineapple rotted. I was at the grocery store today and bought a couple of fresh (and they were fresh) jalapeno peppers and used them. Cut them up and put them in the jar (seeds and all - the seeds will give it the spice) and it's sitting on the counter right now. Should be ready in a month or two.

I'm not sure why but infused liquors turn my stomach after a while. Fruit flavored beers do that too.

Captain Obvious
07-16-2011, 09:19 PM

I'm not sure why but infused liquors turn my stomach after a while. Fruit flavored beers do that too.

I have two of my own beers on tap right now, both are not that good (ok, not great) but they're both really high in alcohol. Max efficiency, not so much on quality.

Having said that, I have two pints and the room is spinning, so I broke down and bought my first 12 pack of beer in months. I bought Magic Hat pale ale. Ever had that? It's apricot pale ale. Subtle hint of apricot, not very hoppy at all.

It's really drinkable.

Captain Obvious
07-16-2011, 09:21 PM
And I'm telling ya, that pineapple vodka - it's fucking awesome. It's like a slightly sweet wine that kicks your ass.

My wife will suck down a glass of it and pass out immediately. It's straight vodka basically, but you wouldn't know it drinking it.

MMC
07-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I was working for Allis Chalmers Engine and Crankshaft plant. This one guy came back from Virginia and some Moonshine. He was going to bet me that I could not drink a small cup of coffee of the stuff. like the kind of cup that with the old vending machines. The ones that had the hot chocolate with them too. Real small cups back in the day.

He was going to bet me a hundred dollars that I could not down the stuff. I was all gung-ho about it too. Like as in "What," you got to be kiddin 'country', I will down that shit in one gulp. Lets see the money.....where I aptly pulled out my hundred. We were all up in the breakroom on lunch. Most of us had like 3 days kitty. Which means we were on the clock but couldnt run our usual machines which paid by the piece as well as to what machine you were running. Even the plant manager was up there.

Then he changed the bet.....to not only drinking it down but going back down stairs to work. I was like. That was not the original deal. He said he'd bet a hundred dollars I couldnt down it.....
Even thought such did not take place.....all ended up drinking the shit. Including the plant manager. We stayed up in the break room that day and didn't do shit. Then it was time to get off and the fun part began.

Trying to make it home without the cops stopping ya. lol We were blazed. White Lightning. :o

Conley
07-17-2011, 11:21 AM
And I'm telling ya, that pineapple vodka - it's fucking awesome. It's like a slightly sweet wine that kicks your ass.

My wife will suck down a glass of it and pass out immediately. It's straight vodka basically, but you wouldn't know it drinking it.

This sounds more my style than homebrewing...easier. It really takes a month or two to get the jalepeno / pineapple infusion??

Mister D
07-17-2011, 12:03 PM

I have two of my own beers on tap right now, both are not that good (ok, not great) but they're both really high in alcohol. Max efficiency, not so much on quality.

Having said that, I have two pints and the room is spinning, so I broke down and bought my first 12 pack of beer in months. I bought Magic Hat pale ale. Ever had that? It's apricot pale ale. Subtle hint of apricot, not very hoppy at all.

It's really drinkable.

I don't like pale ales or IPAs generally speaking but I do find one here and there that I like. I've never had this one but they brew Magic Hat not far from my home.

Mister D
07-17-2011, 12:04 PM
I drank 4 ounces of that Laphroig last night. Very nice. 8)

Conley
07-17-2011, 12:09 PM

I was wondering how that went for ya

Nice 8)

Mister D
07-17-2011, 12:13 PM

I was wondering how that went for ya

Nice 8)

I'm going to buy some whiskey stones soon. That way I can keep scotch cool. In this kind of weather it got warm pretty quickly. I ditched the ice after about a minute so it wouldn't get watered down too much.

Conley
07-17-2011, 12:17 PM
I had never heard of whiskey stones...do you keep them in the freezer to keep the stones cold?

Anyhow, real men take it neat ;D

Mister D
07-17-2011, 12:27 PM
I had never heard of whiskey stones...do you keep them in the freezer to keep the stones cold?

For example:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=whiskey+stones&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7976839253790972191&sa=X&ei=1BojToOEHqPl0QGEnsioAw&ved=0CGIQ8wIwAA

I was sitting my porch and I thought this would be even better if it was cool. Now in the winter I'd like it at room temperature.

MMC
07-17-2011, 12:32 PM

Uhm I thought we take it straight.....I mean out there in the land of Lucky Charms you guys might wanna say neat due to San Francisco just to be politically correct. But we calls it like it is!
Str-8-up! :D ;D

Conley
07-17-2011, 12:35 PM

Uhm I thought we take it straight.....I mean out there in the land of Lucky Charms you guys might wanna say neat due to San Francisco just to be politically correct. But we calls it like it is!

:D yeah straight up works too!

Conley
07-17-2011, 12:36 PM

For example:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=whiskey+stones&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7976839253790972191&sa=X&ei=1BojToOEHqPl0QGEnsioAw&ved=0CGIQ8wIwAA

I was sitting my porch and I thought this would be even better if it was cool. Now in the winter I'd like it at room temperature.

ah, so i see you do need to chill the stones first. makes sense.

Mister D
07-17-2011, 01:33 PM

Ain't nothin' straight about San Fran, my friend. ;) And to think Inspector Callahan used to work there! :o

Mister D
07-17-2011, 01:34 PM

For example:

ah, so i see you do need to chill the stones first. makes sense.

They are inexpensive so I'll try them out. If they turn out to be a waste of time no loss.

Conley
07-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Ain't nothin' straight about San Fran, my friend. ;) And to think Inspector Callahan used to work there! :o

Callahan was the best...love that guy!

MMC
07-17-2011, 01:49 PM

Got that right D.....heck those Cali guys let them broads get away walking round being 70yrs old with fake asses and boobs. Wearing 4inch spiked heels. It's all cuz they don't jump all over that shit. Should be out there telling them biznitches to take that shit out to pasture. Hell in the rest of the country we on senior citizens out driving around, out in public trying to act like they keeping shit fresh. Yo, take the ben-gay perfumes, and that geritol with all those other pills that help them thru the day and start looking for that nursing home......somewherein Pine Valley around General Hospital, where they can remenisce about These Our the Hours In the Days of our Lives, with that One Last Life to Live..... >:D lol

Mister D
07-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Damn MMC. That was harsh! :o

MMC
07-17-2011, 02:13 PM
"What," looking left.....then to the right. http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1055606247516&id=1b0dfdbc505f7fc65a60cc1bbfd766d5&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.picturesof.net%2f_images_300% 2fCartoon_Angel_Cupid_with_a_Bow_and_Arrow_Royalty _Free_Clipart_Picture_100101-203924-660042.jpg

SHHHHshhh.....The Red-Tip is Armed, and we ain't talkin no love-bug. >:D lol

MMC
07-17-2011, 02:17 PM
Hey guys.....gonna have to take a break, be back later tonight. ;D

Conley
07-17-2011, 02:36 PM

Alright, don't be a stranger!

Conley
07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Sipping a bit of Chivas 12 year right now...

http://www.scotchofthemonthclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/chivas12.jpg

Mister D
07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Sipping a bit of Chivas 12 year right now...

http://www.scotchofthemonthclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/chivas12.jpg

Took a percocet. :)

Odd name for a scotch. I thought that was brandy. ;D

Conley
07-17-2011, 06:04 PM
it is very odd...makes me think of a tequila, but it's actually pretty famous

it's good stuff too.

The House of Schivas, a large mansion, was built at Schivas in Aberdeenshire in 1640. The name is derived from the Gaelic 'seamhas', meaning narrow place.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chivas_Regal

Mister D
07-17-2011, 06:45 PM
it is very odd...makes me think of a tequila, but it's actually pretty famous

it's good stuff too.

The House of Schivas, a large mansion, was built at Schivas in Aberdeenshire in 1640. The name is derived from the Gaelic 'seamhas', meaning narrow place.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chivas_Regal

Ah, it's derived from a Gaelic word. That makes sense. There are laws about what can be called scotch from what I understand. I guess it depends on the country.

Mister D
07-17-2011, 06:46 PM

;D

Conley
07-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Was it something I said?

I get back on here and suddenly everyone leaves

:-\ :'( :D

Mister D
07-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Was it something I said?

I get back on here and suddenly everyone leaves

:-\ :'( :D

We're keeping the place alive today.

Conley
07-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I guess Sunday nights aren't a busy time. I think MMC will be back later. Spunk and Cap'n are night owls too, seems this place gets busier in the late evenings. Freecell too.

Mister D
07-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I guess Sunday nights aren't a busy time. I think MMC will be back later. Spunk and Cap'n are night owls too, seems this place gets busier in the late evenings. Freecell too.

Yeah, I noticed that. I'm getting ready for bed and everyone shows up. You're 3 hours behind CO and I which makes him quite the night owl.

MMC
07-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Yep, actually when I am on during the day is because I am just getting in around 6 am. As usual I can never come home and go right to bed. Usually I don't sleep past 4 hrs. Then I am up. Doc says I got to take it when I can. Been this way ever since my sleep deprivation training and NAM.

MMC
07-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Althought today is the first time I have slept for 6 hrs str-8 in at least the last two years. I can't wait until I get that one day where I get 12-14 hrs of sleep and wake up like a new man. I get one of those days like every 5 yrs or so.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Althought today is the first time I have slept for 6 hrs str-8 in at least the last two years. I can't wait until I get that one day where I get 12-14 hrs of sleep and wake up like a new man. I get one of those days like every 5 yrs or so.

I feel like crap unless I get at least 6. 7-8 is ideal.

Conley
07-18-2011, 08:10 AM

Wow, that must be rough MMC. What wakes you up? Do you feel refreshed afterward? I am about a 7 hour guy, sometimes I can get 8.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 08:53 AM

Wow, that must be rough MMC. What wakes you up? Do you feel refreshed afterward? I am about a 7 hour guy, sometimes I can get 8.

I can get 10. I try not to indulge myself though.

Conley
07-18-2011, 09:04 AM

I could probably do that if I didn't have a 70 lb alarm clock :D

For some reason I'm a really light sleeper...I can be dog tired and still not able to get shut eye

Mister D
07-18-2011, 09:20 AM

I could probably do that if I didn't have a 70 lb alarm clock :D

For some reason I'm a really light sleeper...I can be dog tired and still not able to get shut eye

;D My cat is pretty used to the weekend routine. Fancy Feast breakfast ain't 'til 9 at the earliest.

I've only had that problem when I take pain killers for too long and suddenly stop. Then it only lasts for a night.

Conley
07-18-2011, 09:43 AM
:D One must be patient for the fancy feast

Do you still buy meds online?

I was reading about this place -- pretty wild:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/06/silkroad/

Mister D
07-18-2011, 09:48 AM

Yeah, but not from a site like that. :o I don't think I'd have the balls to order from a place like that even if I wanted to.

Mister D
07-18-2011, 09:50 AM
They are probably right though that this will become increasingly common.

MMC
07-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I just wake up.....also I have the harigei sense. So I can feel the physical presence of others. especially if they are in the same room. I will wake up. Unless I am on some medication. But then i still don't sleep past the 4hr mark. Honestl I think it comes from being institutionalized and from always being on alert. You know what they say.....to be aware, is to be alive!

I will wake up but not be tired.....though my body says.....whoa, wait up, slow down. I can't move that fast. lol Then my mind responds back.....work thru the pain and STFU, catch up. :D

Conley
07-18-2011, 10:57 AM
dang...you military training must have been hard core...as you said, soldier elite

Conley
07-18-2011, 10:59 AM

Yeah, but not from a site like that. :o I don't think I'd have the balls to order from a place like that even if I wanted to.

:D yeah i think for the lighter stuff there are plenty of better alternatives. i guess if you want to order your pure cut heroin there are only a few reputable places on line ;D

MMC
07-18-2011, 11:12 AM

:D yeah i think for the lighter stuff there are plenty of better alternatives. i guess if you want to order your pure cut heroin there are only a few reputable places on line ;D

Kinda like ordering what you want in the Vegas Golden Tower.....huh? Starting with something light....I'm thinking a little oriental hordourve before I get to a American uhm I mean meat and potatoes girl.....

Mister D
07-18-2011, 11:14 AM

It can't be that hard to grow it although you are lookng at prison time...

And i saw Hard Time on Nat Geo. No thanks. :o

MMC
07-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Aren't there poppy plants growing somewheres in the US? Besides on US Government Land. lol

MMC
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Well time for me to take my break.....be back in four or 5 hrs.

Conley
07-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Aren't there poppy plants growing somewheres in the US? Besides on US Government Land. lol

No doubt there are...I wonder what the differences are between those plants and the ones that make the seeds for say, bagels.

Mister D
07-19-2011, 11:22 AM

No doubt there are...I wonder what the differences are between those plants and the ones that make the seeds for say, bagels.

I think heroin poppies have a soft flower with some kind of resin or oil.