PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Racial Politics

Mister D
01-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Snip

In a recent speech before a Latino audience, President Obama, in blasting congressional Republicans, recalled that he had run for office because “America should be a place where you can always make it if you try; a place where every child, no matter what they look like, where they come from, should have a chance to succeed.” The obvious conclusion from his increasingly frequent “look like” trope is that his critics predicate success in America on just the opposite criteria. That is, supposedly racist opponents do not wish every child to succeed, and so it certainly matters to them a great deal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#) what Americans should “look like.”
Recently, First Lady Michelle Obama complained about a description of her White House infighting in an otherwise favorable account of the first family, written by a New York Times reporter. She suggested that the book’s criticism was unfair because “That’s been an image that people have tried to paint of me since, you know, the day Barack announced, that I’m some angry black woman.”
Oddly, the first lady did not cite anyone who, in fact, had tried to stereotype her as an “angry black woman.” To be sure, “people” have characterized her as “angry,” given her prominent role in the 2008 campaign, during which she repeatedly found herself in dramas of her own rhetorical making (saying Americans were “just downright mean”; never having been proud of America before the nomination of her husband; etc.). But no one suggested that her overt anger derived from being either “black” or a “woman.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/288353/obama-s-racial-politics-victor-davis-hanson

Pendragon
01-18-2012, 02:06 PM
The long tradition of mudslinging continues. When one cannot find enough to criticize in a politician he attacks the family of the politician. This is truly a pathetic display of partisan nonsense. For shame!

Mister D
01-18-2012, 02:15 PM
The long tradition of mudslinging continues. When one cannot find enough to criticize in a politician he attacks the family of the politician. This is truly a pathetic display of partisan nonsense. For shame!

What specifically do you disagree with?

MMC
01-18-2012, 03:01 PM
In a speech before a Latino Audience.....pretty much says it all. Any concerned about how the left does make race an issue with latino voters? Considering they are the ones expounding on how the right is Alienating latinos all the time.

Mister D
01-18-2012, 03:07 PM
In a speech before a Latino Audience.....pretty much says it all. Any concerned about how the left does make race an issue with latino voters? Considering they are the ones expounding on how the right is Alienating latinos all the time.

BO isn't shy about making racial appeals.

MMC
01-18-2012, 03:27 PM
BO isn't shy about making racial appeals.

Just what has he done for Black Americans or African Americans? How has he done anything for them?

Mister D
01-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Just what has he done for Black Americans or African Americans? How has he done anything for them?

Nothing that I know of but they will vote for him anyway.

MMC
01-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Well truthfully it is the Demos that incite racial politics. Which IMO the MSMedia should be hitting them with those questions like they do those in the GOP. yesterday medved had some guy callin that was black and he want on a Rant about the GOP being racists especially Gingrich. Then right there on the air said he wished they would get killed in some sort of plane accident. Wishing death on them live on the radio!

How does this ease those tensions when those that frame the debate or discussion or are reporting and are guilty of doing the same damn thing?

Mister D
01-18-2012, 03:44 PM
They sure do. The GOP has nothing to lose by doing it. They are accused of it anyway.

Pendragon
01-18-2012, 04:15 PM
What specifically do you disagree with?

I object to the repeated attacks on Michelle Obama. The Right did the same thing to Hillary Clinton and yet they were quiet about Laura.

Mister D
01-18-2012, 04:31 PM
I object to the repeated attacks on Michelle Obama. The Right did the same thing to Hillary Clinton and yet they were quiet about Laura.

Outspoken First Ladies are usually subjected to criticism. They should be. No one elcted them to anything. In any case, it has nothign to do with her race.

Alias
01-18-2012, 05:25 PM
So Chris Matthews believes the way Gingrich said "Juan" when replying to his point as "racist". Honest to God, these people are nuts.

Mister D
01-18-2012, 06:49 PM
So Chris Matthews believes the way Gingrich said "Juan" when replying to his point as "racist". Honest to God, these people are nuts.

Matthews is just an embarrassment at this point.

Alias
01-18-2012, 07:16 PM

Obama defeated Hillary, not the right.

She has a chip on her shoulder. Read her college tesis and research some of her college mentors. They're all in the Rev Wright crowd. No thanks. The USA can do better than these two.

It's the disrespect she shows the American people and our culture and heritage. She's all down on acting white.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2011/sep/13/michelle-obama-all-just-flag/

Alias
01-18-2012, 07:28 PM
Michelle Obama and her husband are well trained in the art of racial politics. You can see it in her thesis and by his refusal to release his college papers and test scores that reveal AA.

America, the press didn't do their job in 2008 and you were duped. Now you have no excuse.

Mister D
01-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Michelle Obama and her husband are well trained in the art of racial politics. You can see it in her thesis and by his refusal to release his college papers and test scores that reveal AA.

America, the press didn't do their job in 2008 and you were duped. Now you have no excuse.

No doubt. The post-racial nonsense was just that: nonsense that only a white liberal could believe. BO has been racially conscious from a young age.

wingrider
01-19-2012, 12:46 AM

absolultly amazing post, I seem to remember and am still getting all kinds of posts and nonsense attacking Sarah Palins Family, and guess who was leading the parade on that ... thats right the Democrats, so if it pisses you off that Michelle Obama gets a little mud slinging sent her way its fo big deal .. after all she put herself in the position to be critized as soon as she opened her big fat mouth.

Mister D
01-19-2012, 11:07 AM
absolultly amazing post, I seem to remember and am still getting all kinds of posts and nonsense attacking Sarah Palins Family, and guess who was leading the parade on that ... thats right the Democrats, so if it pisses you off that Michelle Obama gets a little mud slinging sent her way its fo big deal .. after all she put herself in the position to be critized as soon as she opened her big fat mouth.

bINGO

jgreer
01-19-2012, 11:09 AM

no attacks on her family just on palin herself

difference is palin is a politician and ran for office michelle obama is not

palin also quit in the middle of her term

Mister D
01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Palin's family hasn't been attacked?

Right. Shut up, Michelle. No cares what you think.

jgreer
01-19-2012, 11:25 AM
if you don't care don't read the articles slamming her
easy

Mister D
01-19-2012, 11:29 AM
if you don't care don't read the articles slamming her
easy

Then she needs to stop talking. Until she does, she's fair game.

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Hahahahaha!
So this is where all you banned, pissed off white racist fucksticks (Mr.D, Alias) congregate?
...and Wingrider! Big surprise seeing you here as well! (not)
Too funny!

MMC
02-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Hahahahaha!
So this is where all you banned, pissed off white racist fucksticks (Mr.D, Alias) congregate?
Too funny!

Well well well.....if it isnt Mr Stickbillie himself. Whats Up Slinger-putz. Seems I didnt get banned from your Click-Site. Still talking that Racist-Shit to hide what you really are.....eh Slinger. :laugh:

I would suggest taking your Adderall before that Stickbillie brain of yours explodes. :wink:

MMC
02-15-2012, 08:15 AM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1533882665205&id=e98dc8d058ee290443551b614a255751&url=http%3a%2f%2fimg.izismile.com%2fimg%2fimg3%2f2 0101008%2f640%2ffunny_door_mats_640_22.jpg

Btw Slinger.....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant! :evil:

MMC
02-15-2012, 08:18 AM
Btw Slinger.....There won't be All that Babysitting here at the Rant! :evil:

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 09:46 AM
Btw Slinger.....There won't be All that Babysitting here at the Rant! :evil:

Hahaha!
Bung in a knot already?
I have that effect on you racists.

MMC
02-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Hahaha!
Bung in a knot already?
I have that effect on you racists.

Lmao.....thats why you sat there for over an hour trying to think of something to say. :rollseyes: Hope ya didnt forgets that morning daily dose! :wink:

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Lmao.....thats why you sat there for over an hour trying to think of something to say. :rollseyes: Hope ya didnt forgets that morning daily dose! :wink:

Swing and a miss bro.
Why so angry?

MMC
02-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Swing and a miss bro.
Why so angry?

I'm not angry.....was seeing if ya was going to roll with the same ole same ole. Been some time since I seen you or most of those at PH.

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm not angry.....was seeing if ya was going to roll with the same ole same ole. Been some time since I seen you or most of those at PH.

I only roll over racists... you know my MO.
Looks like you have two of the most notorious ones here btw....
Is racism permitted at this site?
Better question is, is it Ok to spank their proverbial asses?

Mister D
02-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Looks like you have two most notorious ones here btw....

Redneck, you're more than welcome to contribute and we don't mind some shit talking but disruption for disruption's sake won't be accepted. Welcome. :grin:

Inkslinger
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Redneck, you're more than welcome to contribute and we don't mind some shit talking but disruption for disruption's sake won't be accepted. Welcome. :grin:

Not here to disrupt, only here to correct you... as usual.

totemi
02-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Greetings Inkslinger.

Mister D
02-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Not here to disrupt, only here to correct you... as usual.

Jethro, you've been trying that for almost a year now. You're bound to be successful at some point. I mean I'm not always right. Just most of the time. :wink:

MMC
02-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Looks like you have two of the most notorious ones here btw....
Is racism permitted at this site?
Better question is, is it Ok to spank their proverbial asses?

You are welcome to engage any you choose. But I don't think there are any Racists on the site.

wingrider
02-16-2012, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE=Inkslinger;40500]Hahahahaha!
Too funny![/QUOTE

if that is how you are going to post on this forum I can tell you right now that I will do everything in my power to get your ass banned permanently,, just like you tried to do to me numerous times at PH..