PDA

View Full Version : Cruz Gets His Healthcare From - GOLDMAN SACHS

Cigar
09-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Sen. Ted Cruz had a short exchange with Sen. Dick Durbin at the tail end of his blabathon Wednesday.

“Will the senator from Texas for the record tell us now—and those who watched this debate—whether he is protected and his family’s protected?” Durbin asked Wednesday morning, repeating a question he'd been trying to get Cruz to answer.

“I’m happy to tell you now I am eligible for it and I am not currently covered under it,” Cruz responded, diverting the conversation to an uninsured diabetic woman that Durbin had mentioned earlier.

Then the conversation moved on without Cruz explaining where he got his coverage. Huffington Post's Ryan Grim found out. He's covered on his wife's plan. His wife is a top Wall Street executive, a regional head of a Goldman Sachs division.

According to a 2009 New York Times report, top executive officers and managing directors at the bank participate in a health care program that costs Goldman more than $40,000 in premiums for each particpant’s family annually.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/health/policy/27insure.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/ted-cruz-dick-durbin_n_3992395.html
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/26/1241532/-Ted-Cruz-s-really-sweet-health-insurance-nbsp-deal

Yep, a regular populist, Cruz is, telling all the people that freedom means not having health insurance from his perch ensconced in a Gold-Plated safety net. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Cigar
09-26-2013, 01:10 PM
:grin: Classic

jillian
09-26-2013, 01:20 PM
yep

nic34
09-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Why am I not surprised...

KC
09-26-2013, 01:58 PM
So a US Senator is married and connected to this country's wealthy elite? Sounds like a regular dog-bites-man story.

Cigar
09-26-2013, 02:46 PM
So a US Senator is married and connected to this country's wealthy elite? Sounds like a regular dog-bites-man story.

Exactly ...

I'm sure there's Millions of people who have Health Care through their spouses and Obamacare shouldn't be a concern for them.

So tell me again ... why would a person with insurance not want someone to have insurance?

Obviously it's important ... correct?

Green Arrow
09-26-2013, 04:25 PM
How does that compare to getting most of your campaign funding from organizations like Goldman Sachs? I've always thought it interesting that Obama, Romney, and McCain were funded by the same people.

Mainecoons
09-26-2013, 07:01 PM
He's covered under his wife's plan. And this is somehow despicable, why?

I did this for some years during our married life. Her insurance was much better, we elected to use it instead of mine. Big f-ing deal.

Man, you folks really are stretching trying to attack this guy, aren't you? Reminds me of all your TP rants and fabrications.

BTW, wasn't GS Obama's biggest corporate contributor at one point?

Green Arrow
09-26-2013, 07:06 PM

I did this for some years during our married life. Her insurance was much better, we elected to use it instead of mine. Big f-ing deal.

Man, you folks really are stretching trying to attack this guy, aren't you? Reminds me of all your TP rants and fabrications.

It's because his wife works for Goldman. If she worked for McDonalds and he was on her plan, they wouldn't care.

They always have been.

Mainecoons
09-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Yep, just more dishonest demogoguery from the usual cadre of pathetic little leftists here.

Green Arrow
09-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Yep, just more dishonest demogoguery from the usual cadre of pathetic little leftists here.

I'll work on 'em. I intend to show them that there's a better way in leftism.

Common
09-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Shows the depth of the callous disregard for other humans by the elite in this country. Cruz is a hypocritical phony who will fail in the end. He sings the texas hymn everytime he opens his mouth because he wont get elected to anything else anywhere else

Green Arrow
09-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Shows the depth of the callous disregard for other humans by the elite in this country. Cruz is a hypocritical phony who will fail in the end. He sings the texas hymn everytime he opens his mouth because he wont get elected to anything else anywhere else

Cruz's record doesn't strike me as elitist. So his wife works for Goldman and he piggy-backs on her plan. So what? He's endorsed Rand's idea to go onto Obamacare despite not liking it. His votes are consistent with his words. That's not hypocrisy.

jillian
09-26-2013, 07:18 PM

except this one is a hypocrite who, at the same time, will vote against other people being able to get affordable health insurance.

Green Arrow
09-26-2013, 07:22 PM
except this one is a hypocrite who, at the same time, will vote against other people being able to get affordable health insurance.

I would reserve judgement on that front until I heard his alternative, personally. I have a pending email to his office inquiring about that.

patrickt
09-26-2013, 07:27 PM
And I thought the great hypocrites were congressmen and the president. They and their aides are exempt from the curse they're putting on everyone else. Well, maybe not the unions. Criminals have to stick together.

TheInternet
09-26-2013, 07:33 PM

Lol. Still peddling the msnbc bullshit? Read the news. Insurance is increasing. Keep living in your fucking fantasy land.

jillian
09-26-2013, 07:35 PM
I would reserve judgement on that front until I heard his alternative, personally. I have a pending email to his office inquiring about that.

well, to amuse you in the meantime is politifact's evaluation of cruz's statements as well as the statements people have made about him.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/ted-cruz/stories/

KC
09-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Exactly ...

I'm sure there's Millions of people who have Health Care through their spouses and Obamacare shouldn't be a concern for them.

So tell me again ... why would a person with insurance not want someone to have insurance?

I don't think there's anyone who doesn't want his fellow man to have access to insurance, Cigar. Where we disagree is how to best insure the masses.

Mainecoons
09-26-2013, 07:41 PM
Why would Obama and the Democrats want 30 million people not to have insurance because their plan is so flawed?

Adelaide
09-26-2013, 11:29 PM

Wait - you can't combine plans? Up here our private insurance through work can be used by both spouses to offer more coverage through combination. So, more dental coverage for example.

ptif219
09-27-2013, 12:18 AM
Sen. Ted Cruz had a short exchange with Sen. Dick Durbin at the tail end of his blabathon Wednesday.

“Will the senator from Texas for the record tell us now—and those who watched this debate—whether he is protected and his family’s protected?” Durbin asked Wednesday morning, repeating a question he'd been trying to get Cruz to answer.

“I’m happy to tell you now I am eligible for it and I am not currently covered under it,” Cruz responded, diverting the conversation to an uninsured diabetic woman that Durbin had mentioned earlier.

Then the conversation moved on without Cruz explaining where he got his coverage. Huffington Post's Ryan Grim found out. He's covered on his wife's plan. His wife is a top Wall Street executive, a regional head of a Goldman Sachs division.

According to a 2009 New York Times report, top executive officers and managing directors at the bank participate in a health care program that costs Goldman more than $40,000 in premiums for each particpant’s family annually.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/27/health/policy/27insure.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/25/ted-cruz-dick-durbin_n_3992395.html
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/09/26/1241532/-Ted-Cruz-s-really-sweet-health-insurance-nbsp-deal

Yep, a regular populist, Cruz is, telling all the people that freedom means not having health insurance from his perch ensconced in a Gold-Plated safety net. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Good for him not spending taxpayer money

ptif219
09-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Exactly ...

Because Obama care is destroying jobs and making us a nation of part time jobs

ptif219
09-27-2013, 12:23 AM

He will vote against a bad bill. He is GOP no GOP has ever voted for Obamacare

KC
09-27-2013, 02:00 AM

Ah, so this wealthy elite is different from the rest of Washington's wealthy elite in that he is also a hypocrite? Gotcha.