PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare Could Lead To 33% More New Businesses Over The Next Few Years

Cigar
09-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Despite objections by businesses to parts of the Affordable Care Act, there could be as many as 33% more new small businesses over the next few years as a result of the law, reports the WSJ. The Kauffman-RAND Institute for Entrepreneurship Public Policy calculated the estimate.
Why the projected increase?

A major barrier that keeps people, especially those with pre-existing conditions, from starting their own business is the ability to get robust and affordable health insurance. People seek out and keep corporate jobs, not because they want to, but because they feel like they have to. Entrepreneurs call the phenomenon "entrepreneurship lock."

The Affordable Care Act could potentially solve that by offering people who start businesses coverage through state- or federally-run marketplaces for insurance (exchanges).

To see that full 33% increase in new businesses, coverage from exchanges would have to be equivalent to that from corporate plans, which is unlikely in the short run.

For young people, the idea of being unable to pay for massive medical bills seems distant and unlikely. But many older people have seen it in others or experienced it themselves, or have dependents that they have to worry about.

Without a significant savings cushion, a luxury many people don't have, leaving a safe corporate job with benefits just doesn't seem like an option.

Great business ideas aren't limited to the affluent or the young, and though it might take a while to play out, this looks like an unsung benefit of the new health care legislation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-obamacare-could-create-thousands-of-new-entrepreneurs-2013-5#ixzz2g7QmPdDZ

Activate Auto-Denial System (ADS)

Agravan
09-30-2013, 08:56 AM
That's great, since most businesses are currently going to a part-time basis and not offering insurance anymore. Of course, how long these small business can stay afloat with all the new taxes remains to be seen.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:02 AM
That's great, since most businesses are currently going to a part-time basis and not offering insurance anymore. Of course, how long these small business can stay afloat with all the new taxes remains to be seen.

Not me ... I pay the most for the best talent I can afford, so if anyone chooses to pay the least for worst talent then that's their choice.

If I chose to go to a business model of part-time workers, I'd get exactly the type of talent who would except part-time work and exactly that type of productivity.

I happen chose different and I'm just guessing there's one or two like me. :wink:

But nice scare tactic if you're easily scared and know nothing about how business really operate. :rollseyes:

Captain Obvious
09-30-2013, 09:04 AM
... which only supports the probability that Obamacare will INCREASE healthcare costs because the legislation isn't anything about curbing costs and/or service utilization - it's about expanding gubmint control and influence.

And which is why costs will skyrocket and coverage will be greatly reduced. Get ready for expensive, high out-of-pocket/high deductible major medical only coverage, it's being jammed down your throat as we speak.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 09:07 AM
Not me ... I pay the most for the best talent I can afford, so if anyone chooses to pay the least for worst talent then that's their choice.

If I chose to go to a business model of part-time workers, I'd get exactly the type of talent who would except part-time work and exactly that type of productivity.

I happen chose different and I'm just guessing there's one or two like me. :wink:

But nice scare tactic if you're easily scared and know nothing about how business really operate. :rollseyes:

Neither do you. 77% payroll prints have been created for part-time employment for this year alone, as the average employee hours still hoovers around 34.5 hours.

We can all follow your business model, but instead of actually making money we would just be on an internet forum all day.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:12 AM
... which only supports the probability that Obamacare will INCREASE healthcare costs because the legislation isn't anything about curbing costs and/or service utilization - it's about expanding gubmint control and influence.

And which is why costs will skyrocket and coverage will be greatly reduced. Get ready for expensive, high out-of-pocket/high deductible major medical only coverage, it's being jammed down your throat as we speak.

How about this ... if ObamaCares causes insurance cost to skyrocket ... and NO ONE can afford it, then it will be obvious that it's a failure ... correct?

If this is true ... Republicans will be Elected by an overwhelmingly majority and gain back the Presidency and both the House and Senate.

So why all the anxiety if everyone "knows" the outcome "today"?

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Some things are more important that winning elections. Maybe someday you'll learn that.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Neither do you. 77% payroll prints have been created for part-time employment for this year alone, as the average employee hours still hoovers around 34.5 hours.

We can all follow your business model, but instead of actually making money we would just be on an internet forum all day.

Let's see ... if you knew just half of what you're talking about, that would make you what? :laugh:

I'm on the internet approximately for as long as I want to ... enough for me to cover whatever I chose to cover, because I have it like that.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 09:18 AM
How about this ... if ObamaCares causes insurance cost to skyrocket ... and NO ONE can afford it, then it will be obvious that it's a failure ... correct?

If this is true ... Republicans will be Elected by an overwhelmingly majority and gain back the Presidency and both the House and Senate.

For the same reason you don't throw somebody off the bridge to see if they die.

Everybody knows what will happen. So why entertain the possibility?

You are the textbook definition of insanity.

Ravi
09-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Because winning elections is the only important thing to Republicans.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 09:23 AM
Let's see ... if you knew just half of what you're talking about, that would make you what? :laugh:

Considering that I know 90% of what I talk about, I wouldn't know.

I'm on the internet approximately for as long as I want to ... enough for me to cover whatever I chose to cover, because I have it like that.

Good for you. You don't have to explain yourself to me. Most entrepreneurs are rather clueless about business and economics. It's the beauty of running a business: it requires no schooling at all.

Chris
09-30-2013, 09:28 AM

Cigar's a Democrat.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Some things are more important that winning elections. Maybe someday you'll learn that.

AZ you're correct ... winning isn't everything, and trust me, there's a lot of Americans who have been on the losing end for a long time. So it about time the tables get turned.

After all, losing builds character ... correct ... and look at all the characters losing has created. I've never been more entertained in my life.

As far as me learning winning isn't everything ... The Bears lost to Detroit yesterday ... WTF is with that? Cost me $50, but I made up for it in the Washington and San Diego Games.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:30 AM
Cigar's a Democrat.

Mostly Progressive and Some Liberal Democrat :grin: and Proud

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 09:32 AM
AZ you're correct ... winning isn't everything, and trust me, there's a lot of Americans who have been on the losing end for a long time. So it about time the tables get turned.

Concentrating more power of the health care industry into insurance and pharmaceutical companies is not exactly what one has in mind when it comes to 'turning the tables.'

Agravan
09-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Really? that must be why republicans went around for eight years shaking their buts and saying "We won! We won!" and then went on and on about how you guys lost 2 elections in a row, right?
Oh wait, that's what YOU guys do...

bladimz
09-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Some things are more important that winning elections. Maybe someday you'll learn that.I guess. Like family, home and happiness.

But the idea of winning an election is that the winning party, hypothetically, then has the upper hand on creating and implementing the changes that they want to make. These tea party-backed firebrands are fighting to make major changes at the wrong time, and that's making their party look scared and nervous.

First win your election, then you can push your agenda. Maybe you won't even be obstructed...

jillian
09-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I guess. Like family, home and happiness.

But the idea of winning an election is that the winning party, hypothetically, then has the upper hand on creating and implementing the changes that they want to make. These tea party-backed firebrands are fighting to make major changes at the wrong time, and that's making their party look scared and nervous.

First win your election, then you can push your agenda. Maybe you won't even be obstructed...

you know children hate the word "no". they tantrum.

and i doubt there will come a time in the near future where they get anything they want ... they don't play well with others.

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:56 AM

When did "family, home and happiness" become the business of government?

Actually, our government was designed for republican conflict and not as a majoritarian democracy.

And the Tea party firebrands are trying to prevent a change called Obamacare.

Why is Obama so uncompromising and obstructive?

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:57 AM
you know children hate the word "no". they tantrum.

and i doubt there will come a time in the near future where they get anything they want ... they don't play well with others.

Agree, children do hate no, so why do you hate the party of no?

bladimz
09-30-2013, 10:59 AM
Really? that must be why republicans went around for eight years shaking their buts and saying "We won! We won!" and then went on and on about how you guys lost 2 elections in a row, right?
Oh wait, that's what YOU guys do...Well, to be technically correct; the Republicans didn't win the 2000 election...

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/when-you-saw-miley-cyrus-vma-performance.gif

Agravan
09-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Well, to be technically correct; the Republicans didn't win the 2000 election...

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/when-you-saw-miley-cyrus-vma-performance.gif

How so?

Chris
09-30-2013, 11:25 AM
How so?

Be patient, it takes time to revise history.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Well, to be technically correct; the Republicans didn't win the 2000 election...

Really? Who did?

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 11:47 AM

Um, sure...

So when is the time to make major changes?

Be sure to pass that on to the Democrats next time they win a super majority.

bladimz
09-30-2013, 12:38 PM
So when is the time to make major changes? Well, like i had said, if a party see the need to make major changes, they should work hard to capture the next election. Clearly this was exactly not part of the GOP's presidential strategy in the last POTUS contest.

Be sure to pass that on to the Democrats next time they win a super majority.That's up to them. Who knows what'll happen when the GOP wins its next election. I just hope that hate isn't a major part of it. Both parties are very capable of playing kiddie games.

Boris The Animal
09-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Because winning elections is the only important thing to Democrats.Fixed for accuracy.

GrassrootsConservative
09-30-2013, 03:32 PM

That's true! The moronic Liberal who is only a little bit better than the dumbass in the White House right now won the 2000 election.

Mainecoons
09-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Back to the OP, I missed the gist of it. Are a bunch of new bankruptcy legal firms opening up?

Just curious. :grin:

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Fixed for accuracy.

Although I approve of kicking partisan hacks in the proverbial teeth...

Lying is beneath you. And misquoting someone is pretty damn low.
Boris The Animal

Boris The Animal
09-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Although I approve of kicking partisan hacks in the proverbial teeth...

Lying is beneath you. And misquoting someone is pretty damn low.
@Boris The Animal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=658)How is it lying when the Democrat Douchebags are the power hungry control freaks?

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 06:14 PM
How is it lying when the Democrat Douchebags are the power hungry control freaks?

They are, but that isn't my beef. My beef is that you purposely slandered a person's quote.

C'mon now, don't go full retard on me.

You know you're wrong.