PDA

View Full Version : While Republicans act like clowns,

Ravi
09-30-2013, 09:30 AM
the Obama administration is getting Iran to quit their nuclear program.

:)

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Cool story bro...

jillian
09-30-2013, 09:40 AM

slackers.

Agravan
09-30-2013, 09:44 AM

Great. by the way, I've got some beachfront property in Phoenix for sale...cheap.

Chris
09-30-2013, 09:45 AM
cheerleaders

All I see in the news is plans to talk.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:47 AM

Shhhhhhhhhhh ... that's suppose to be a Secrete :laugh:

Actually he's appeasing them.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:48 AM
cheerleaders

All I see in the news is plans to talk.

How old were you the last time you seen those plans ...?

Cigar
09-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Great. by the way, I've got some beachfront property in Phoenix for sale...cheap.

Phoenix ? ... why would you pay more? :grin:

Chris
09-30-2013, 09:50 AM
Obama falls for Iran’s fake fatwa against nuclear weapons, according to MEMRI (http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/obama-falls-for-irans-fake-fatwa-against-nuclear-weapons-according-to-memri/#ixzz2gO603WBl)

No documentary evidence backs up President Barack Obama’s claim that Iran’s theocratic rulers have issued a religious edict against the development of nuclear weapons, according to the Middle East Media Research Institute, which monitors and translates news reports from Arab and Persian outlets.

The claim is an eight-year old hoax promoted since 2005 by Iran’s diplomats and by Turkey’s Islamist prime minister, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, says MEMRI.

The Islamic “fatwa,” or religiously-justified law, “was never issued by [Iran’s] Supreme Leader [Ali] Khamenei and does not exist; neither the Iranian regime nor anybody else can present it,” MEMRI reported on Sunday.

Obama is expected to face media questions on Monday when he holds a meeting about Iran’s nuke programs with Israel’s prime minister Bibi Netanyahu.

Obama claimed on Friday that the fatwa does exist, and could lead to a deal with Iran to end its development of nuclear weapons.

“I do believe that there is a basis for a resolution [because] Iran’s Supreme Leader has issued a fatwa against the development of nuclear weapons,” he told reporters from the White House’ press podium....

Agravan
09-30-2013, 09:51 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhh ... that's suppose to be a Secrete :laugh:

Actually he's appeasing them.

What are they secreting? Eeewwwww.

Chris
09-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Israel's Netanyahu to warn US, UN about Iran's 'smiley campaign' (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/29/israel-netanyahu-to-warn-us-un-about-iran-smiley-campaign/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Faffiliates%2Fwccb+( Affiliate+-+Southeast+-+Charlotte-+NC))

Just days after the first conversation between the leaders of the U.S. and Iran in 34 years was hailed as a “breakthrough” in relations between the two countries, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is taking an unpopular message to the White House and the United Nations: Don't be fooled by Tehran's “sweet talk.”

Netanyahu, who contends Iran is using conciliatory gestures as a smoke screen to conceal an unabated march toward a nuclear bomb, will meet with President Obama Monday to deliver strong words of caution to the U.S.

"I will tell the truth in the face of the sweet talk and the onslaught of smiles," Netanyahu said before boarding his flight to the U.S. on Sunday. "Telling the truth today is vital for the security and peace of the world and, of course, it is vital for the security of the state of Israel."

Talk is cheap.

Chris
09-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Israel and Others in Mideast View Overtures of U.S. and Iran With Suspicion (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/world/middleeast/israel-and-others-in-mideast-view-overtures-of-us-and-iran-with-suspicion.html?pagewanted=all)

“There is a lot of suspicion and even paranoia about some secret deal between Iran and America,” said Jamal Khashoggi, a prominent Saudi journalist who is close to the royal family. “My concern is that the Americans will accept Iran as it is — so that the Iranians can continue their old policies of expansionism and aggression.”

Saudi Arabia and the other Sunni-dominated gulf countries share a concern about a shift in the balance of power toward Iran’s Shiite-led government and its allies. For Israel, Iran remains the sponsor of global terrorism and of the Lebanese militia Hezbollah and the Palestinian militant group Hamas, both avowed enemies of Israel’s existence.

“They can change the regime, but one thing won’t change and that is the hostility against Israel,” warned Uzi Rabi, chairman of a Middle East studies center at Tel Aviv University. “Part of the plan is to drive a wedge between Americans and Europeans and Israel. I hate to say it, but what the Iranians managed to do is to change the whole game.”

Sounds like Obama's being pwned again.

Captain Obvious
09-30-2013, 09:57 AM
Yeah, sure.

Now that the O'bama's brokered a final peace between Arabs and Israel, he can now go to work on the Iran nuclear issue.

Get the fuck out of here...

jillian
09-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Obama falls for Iran’s fake fatwa against nuclear weapons, according to MEMRI (http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/30/obama-falls-for-irans-fake-fatwa-against-nuclear-weapons-according-to-memri/#ixzz2gO603WBl)

that is not what the article says. it says that there is no evidence of a FATWA against nuclear weapons.

a bit premature for that, isn't it, particularly that wasn't the claim of the O/P

so i'd suggest it's off topic.

thanks.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTVV6ipCcAECxnR.png

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:05 AM
What are they secreting? Eeewwwww.

People Bitching and Complaining ... Bull-Sheeet

Agravan
09-30-2013, 10:06 AM
People Bitching and Complaining ... Bull-Sheeet

Do you actually know the difference between secrete and secret?

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:07 AM
Israel's Netanyahu to warn US, UN about Iran's 'smiley campaign' (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/29/israel-netanyahu-to-warn-us-un-about-iran-smiley-campaign/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Faffiliates%2Fwccb+( Affiliate+-+Southeast+-+Charlotte-+NC))

Talk is cheap.

Talk is the First Step ... away from pouting like little Children for Decades

... at one point ... someone has to be the Adult

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:08 AM
Do you actually know the difference between secrete and secret?

Do you actually think I care about typos ... really ... du ... u :laugh:

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 10:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTVV6ipCcAECxnR.png

By 'cutting back on education,' I guess Sanders means the Government isn't throwing money at it fast enough.

Agravan
09-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Do you actually think I care about typos ... really ... du ... u :laugh:

You should when it completely changes the meaning of what you're typing.

jillian
09-30-2013, 10:12 AM

golda meir used to say "who are we going to talk with? our friends?"

i love how they can't stand this... if it were bush they'd be doing the happy dance

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM
You should when it completely changes the meaning of what you're typing.

Can you image the day I start doing what you think I should do ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Agravan
09-30-2013, 10:13 AM

i love how they can't stand this... if it were bush they'd be doing the happy dance
If it were Bush, you'd be asking the same questions.

Agravan
09-30-2013, 10:14 AM
Can you image the day I start doing what you think I should do ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:
No, I can't imagine you ever making sense.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:14 AM

Yep ... they aren't going to be doing any happy dances for a long time. :laugh:

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
No, I can't imagine you ever making sense.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread ... now run along and play with the rest of the children.

Agravan
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Yep ... they aren't going to be doing any happy dances for a long time. :laugh:
Because Democrats will rule forever!!:headbang:

Right?

Agravan
09-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your contribution to this thread ... now run along and play with the rest of the children.

Can you image the day I start doing what you think I should do ? :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Ravi
09-30-2013, 10:17 AM

Heck, they'd be putting him on Mt. Rushmore.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:17 AM
Because Democrats will rule forever!!:headbang:

Right?

No ... Adults will from either party is fine with me at this point.

jillian
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM

wait... i need to catch my breath...

lauging

too

hard

Cigar
09-30-2013, 10:20 AM
wait... i need to catch my breath...

lauging

too

hard

How about a few Trillion Dollar Bills ... :grin:

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 10:20 AM
It wasn't that funny.

What is funny how progressives have returned to their warmongering roots of the good ol' days... We'll not funny for the lives they destroy, but the hypocrisy is at least funny to watch.

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:34 AM
that is not what the article says. it says that there is no evidence of a FATWA against nuclear weapons.

a bit premature for that, isn't it, particularly that wasn't the claim of the O/P

so i'd suggest it's off topic.

thanks.

it says that there is no evidence of a FATWA against nuclear weapons

Yes, I know, I posted it.

The problem is Obama believes it and said so. Amazing how you missed that if you read it.

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:35 AM

Problem is that's all Obama does, it talk.

Come to think about it, that's not so bad, better than him acting on it.

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:37 AM

Obvious the Israelis don't like it, nor the Saudis. So it's odd you'd defend Iran let alone trust them.

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:38 AM

Then'd there be no room for your be-sainted Obama.

jillian
09-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Obvious the Israelis don't like it, nor the Saudis. So it's odd you'd defend Iran let alone trust them.

it's not obvious. they're saying verify and the israelis are privvy to all discussions.

you are aware that israelis aren't a homogeneous society with one single way of looking at things. right?

so let's see... first you make a claim that has nothing to do with any claims made in the o/p...

now you're speaking for *israelis* and *saudis*

cool..

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:52 AM
it's not obvious. they're saying verify and the israelis are privvy to all discussions.

you are aware that israelis aren't a homogeneous society with one single way of looking at things. right?

so let's see... first you make a claim that has nothing to do with any claims made in the o/p...

now you're speaking for *israelis* and *saudis*

cool..

I posted their saying they don't trust it. You're really on a troll this morning, it's blinding you.

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Israel and Others in Mideast View Overtures of U.S. and Iran With Suspicion (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/world/middleeast/israel-and-others-in-mideast-view-overtures-of-us-and-iran-with-suspicion.html?pagewanted=all)

“There is a lot of suspicion and even paranoia about some secret deal between Iran and America,” said Jamal Khashoggi, a prominent Saudi journalist who is close to the royal family. “My concern is that the Americans will accept Iran as it is — so that the Iranians can continue their old policies of expansionism and aggression.”

Saudi Arabia and the other Sunni-dominated gulf countries share a concern about a shift in the balance of power toward Iran’s Shiite-led government and its allies. For Israel, Iran remains the sponsor of global terrorism and of the Lebanese militia Hezbollah and the Palestinian militant group Hamas, both avowed enemies of Israel’s existence.

“They can change the regime, but one thing won’t change and that is the hostility against Israel,” warned Uzi Rabi, chairman of a Middle East studies center at Tel Aviv University. “Part of the plan is to drive a wedge between Americans and Europeans and Israel. I hate to say it, but what the Iranians managed to do is to change the whole game.”

Sounds like Obama's being pwned again.

Bump for jillian to stop and read.

jillian
09-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Bump for jillian to stop and read.

there should be suspician.

what's your point.

perhaps *you* should read... but this time with comprehension.

Ravi
09-30-2013, 10:57 AM

what's your point.

perhaps *you* should read... but this time with comprehension.Yep.

Chris
09-30-2013, 10:58 AM

what's your point.

perhaps *you* should read... but this time with comprehension.

That they are suspicious and don't trust Obama going to Iran. What I've said from the start. Glad you finally caught on.

Alyosha
09-30-2013, 11:09 AM
There's no hard evidence they have nuclear weapons. It's like someone saying that they're going to prevent someone else from buying a unicorn.

HUGE win there, dude.

Captain Obvious
09-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Iran will build a nuke and we will sit back and do nothing. Write that down and send GW a thank you note, there is no support internally or externally for any military action against a rogue threat, all we can do now is sit by waiting and watching - and of course tossing the impotent rhetoric around.

Hopefully the Jews take care of what we are incapable of taking care of, and won't that be a barrel of laughs when that happens.

Common
09-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Cool story bro...

Bro? funny name to call a woman from a woman

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Bro? funny name to call a woman from a woman

It's a figure of speech...

Cigar
09-30-2013, 11:23 AM
There's no hard evidence they have nuclear weapons. It's like someone saying that they're going to prevent someone else from buying a unicorn.

HUGE win there, dude.

Yea those Weapons of Mass Destruction can be Illusive as we all learned ... and are still paying for.

Only difference, some Presidents ask for and expect proof first before Troop Deployments.

Got it?

Chris
09-30-2013, 11:23 AM
It's a figure of speech...

Funny thing for a Limey to have to explain Americanisms to a Yank!

Alyosha
09-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Yea those Weapons of Mass Destruction can be Illusive as we all learned ... and are still paying for.

Only difference, some Presidents ask for and expect proof first before Troop Deployments.

Got it?

No, I don't "got it" because you're mistaking me for someone who supported Bush instead of someone who organized anti-war protests and thought he was full of shit about WMDs.

We don't all fit into partisan boxes like you, ya know.

Got it?

Chris
09-30-2013, 11:45 AM
No, I don't "got it" because you're mistaking me for someone who supported Bush instead of someone who organized anti-war protests and thought he was full of shit about WMDs.

Got it?

It's not really important whether you were for or against Bush, to a partisan what's important is to distract you with the bait so you defend yourself rather than discuss Obama's follies.

So back to Obama, our great Hamlet:

To Believe or Not to Believe (http://spectator.org/archives/2013/09/30/to-believe-or-not-to-believe)

Iran has invested in the development of its nuclear program for over forty years. Since the beginning of its Bushire project — during the Shah’s era — Tehran has insisted it has had nothing on its mind but peaceful use of nuclear power. According to the newly elected Iranian president, Hassan Rouhani, the peaceful intent of Persian remains the same now as before. Once again the current American administration and its dutiful press have sought to treat the Iranian peaceful public stance as something with which to give serious consideration. This entire exercise is absurd on its face....

Actually a decent review of history since the Bush sanctions.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't see the huge beef about iran obtaining nuclear power, or nuclear weaponry. All their neighbors have them. What's the fuss?

Historically speaking, the US is the world's biggest nuclear threat - we've actually used them on another country. Twice.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 11:48 AM

Got it?

You like Ron Paul, don't you?

That's fairly partisan...

Ravi
09-30-2013, 11:50 AM

HUGE win there, dude.Is it your contention that nuclear weapons don't exist, or perhaps that unicorns do?

Chris
09-30-2013, 11:54 AM
I don't see the huge beef about iran obtaining nuclear power, or nuclear weaponry. All their neighbors have them. What's the fuss?

Historically speaking, the US is the world's biggest nuclear threat - we've actually used them on another country. Twice.

I thought only Pakistan had such capability.

Chris
09-30-2013, 11:55 AM
Is it your contention that nuclear weapons don't exist, or perhaps that unicorns do?

Is that a unicorn hat you're wearing in your avatar?

Mister D
09-30-2013, 11:56 AM
I thought only Pakistan had such capability.

India and Israel too. I think that's it.

Agravan
09-30-2013, 11:58 AM
the hell with it. Let them blow each other up.
but when they bring one here, then we can turn their countries into glowing glass parking lots.
If we're lucky, they bring one to DC so that we can start over.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 11:59 AM

Actually they act like Children ... think of a two year old and then think of the GOP tactics.

Button-pushing, limit-testing, tantrum-throwing...all straight out of the toddler's play book.

Banking on the more rational and responsible parent to give into their irrational and irresponsible demands.

All experts and parenting books seem to agree, you must stand your ground with such creatures.

NO NEGOTIATING!
(even if it means walking out of a restaurant -or- shutting down the government).

Give in to them and you'll only end up with a more insolent and demanding creature than you started with.

The House of Representatives age requirement was designed to guarantee a certain level of maturity amongst its members. Unfortunately, the Founding Fathers did not envision the idiocy of modern day Republicans.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 12:00 PM
the hell with it. Let them blow each other up.
but when they bring one here, then we can turn their countries into glowing glass parking lots.
If we're lucky, they bring one to DC so that we can start over.

Exhibit A

BB-35
09-30-2013, 12:01 PM

Yeah,right

Will that be before they find bigfoot?

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 12:04 PM
Actually they act like Children ... think of a two year old and then think of the GOP tactics.

Button-pushing, limit-testing, tantrum-throwing...all straight out of the toddler's play book.

Banking on the more rational and responsible parent to give into their irrational and irresponsible demands.

All experts and parenting books seem to agree, you must stand your ground with such creatures.

NO NEGOTIATING!
(even if it means walking out of a restaurant -or- shutting down the government).

Give in to them and you'll only end up with a more insolent and demanding creature than you started with.

The House of Representatives age requirement was designed to guarantee a certain level of maturity amongst its members. Unfortunately, the Founding Fathers did not envision the idiocy of modern day Republicans.

Everything written above is true. However you left out the fact that it applies to the Democrats as well - probably more so. But yes, both act like toddlers to a T.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 12:06 PM

NO NEGOTIATING!

How do you figure that Republicans aren't negotiating.

The Democrats are the only ones with the 'It's my way or the highway' attitude...

Ravi
09-30-2013, 12:08 PM
It will be funny tomorrow when the nutters can't buy any more guns.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 12:08 PM

The Democrats are the only ones with the 'It's my way or the highway' attitude...

Well you zoom out and look at the bigger picture. The differenct between the two parties is marginal at best.

Democrats: 3 year olds.

Republicans: 4 year olds.

Both? Ravenous wolves who think only of themselves at everybody else's expense.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 12:10 PM

Are you suggesting the craigslist won't function? Or that Cabela's won't sell?

Private sale. It is the only way to buy guns.

Better yet - make them with a 3D printer. Sure, they shut down Defcad.org.

...but the data lingers on and it is out there. Never to be called back in.

Mister D
09-30-2013, 12:11 PM

What really is funny is that all this anti-gun rhetoric has driven gun sales through the roof. :laugh: Oops.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 12:11 PM

Why should Obama negotiate something that was Voted on by the American Public and The Supreme Court?

Should Democrats not sigh off unless there's Background Check for all Weapons Sales?

Of course not, one has nothing to do with the other and it was Voted on fare and square.

See how Adults work.

Mister D
09-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Are you suggesting the craigslist won't function? Or that Cabela's won't sell?

Private sale. It is the only way to buy guns.

Better yet - make them with a 3D printer.

They don't realize that that horse left the barn. This country is saturated with guns.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 12:12 PM

They can always eat ... go shoot some meat

Chris
09-30-2013, 12:18 PM

NO NEGOTIATING!

Obama refuses to compromise or negotiate on Obamacare. Gues that makes him "Button-pushing, limit-testing, tantrum-throwing...all straight out of the toddler's play book."

Cigar
09-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Obama refuses to compromise or negotiate on Obamacare. Gues that makes him "Button-pushing, limit-testing, tantrum-throwing...all straight out of the toddler's play book."

He already did compromise, had we expanded Medicare, we wouldn't be in this predicament, right?

Since Medicare is covered under the FICA taxes, the funds would still be available and the R's would not be able to pull this stunt.The increasingly likely shutdown of the US government could have far-reaching effects throughout the US. If Congress fails to reach an agreement to avert a shutdown by midnight ET Monday, some services – mail delivery, Social Security and Medicare benefits – would not be affected.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/29/us-government-shutdown-services-affected

Yet another reason for Medicare for All, now, seems to me.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Why should Obama negotiate something that was Voted on by the American Public and The Supreme Court?

The Supreme Court ruled that Obamacare is constitutional as a tax, not on it's face value as a program.

The American public didn't vote for more taxes.

Should Democrats not sigh off unless there's Background Check for all Weapons Sales?

Of course not, one has nothing to do with the other and it was Voted on fare and square.

See how Adults work.

That's not how the system of government works. Democracies must be responsible to both majorities and individuals. Most of all, individual rights must be protected.

That's not what Obamacare does at all.

Chris
09-30-2013, 12:33 PM
He already did compromise, had we expanded Medicare, we wouldn't be in this predicament, right?

Since Medicare is covered under the FICA taxes, the funds would still be available and the R's would not be able to pull this stunt.The increasingly likely shutdown of the US government could have far-reaching effects throughout the US. If Congress fails to reach an agreement to avert a shutdown by midnight ET Monday, some services – mail delivery, Social Security and Medicare benefits – would not be affected.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/29/us-government-shutdown-services-affected

Yet another reason for Medicare for All, now, seems to me.

He refuses to compromise today, government shutdown will be on his shoulders.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 01:46 PM
They don't realize that that horse left the barn. This country is saturated with guns.

With more being made every day. I had a friend who worked in a gun factory, he said they could not keep up with the orders. And he was working 90 hour weeks.

Alyosha
09-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Let us not forget 3-D printers. I think that if the government will not obey the prohibitions of the supreme law of the land it is our duty to thwart those criminals.

Mister D
09-30-2013, 01:49 PM
With more being made every day. I had a friend who worked in a gun factory, he said they could not keep up with the orders. And he was working 90 hour weeks.

I'm not surprised at all. Here in NJ, background checks used to take 2 or 3 minutes. Now they take around 2 weeks becuse of the back log.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 01:50 PM

One born every day ...