PDA

View Full Version : Brooks-Murdoch Scandal

spunkloaf
07-15-2011, 07:15 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/murdochs-face-uk-government-inquiry-fbi-probe-news-023113974.html

You simply cannot trust a man who makes half the world's opinions for them, no matter how much good he thinks he is doing. Power is the bottom line, and people will do disgusting things to obtain it.

Conley
07-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Murdoch's company is getting blasted in the UK

Seems like on this side of the pond people aren't nearly as outraged. I wonder why that is. I suppose it comes down to politics, and it's more lefty over there of course.

bladimz
07-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Oh, i think it's just a matter of time. News Corp., i think, is in for more than just a hand-slap. I believe that Brooks has resigned as a result. Murdoch's son, James is in the hot seat, too.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 03:55 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/murdochs-face-uk-government-inquiry-fbi-probe-news-023113974.html

You simply cannot trust a man who makes half the world's opinions for them, no matter how much good he thinks he is doing. Power is the bottom line, and people will do disgusting things to obtain it.

You'd be better off not simply trusting any news outlet. Not more heart palpitations over Fox... ::)

spunkloaf
07-15-2011, 04:19 PM

You'd be better off not simply trusting any news outlet. Not more heart palpitations over Fox... ::)

Heart palpitations? No. More like gut rot. Nausea. Also a general sense of depression.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 06:16 PM

Heart palpitations? No. More like gut rot. Nausea. Also a general sense of depression.

I could take that seriously if it was n response to the American media in general.

MMC
07-15-2011, 08:20 PM
I can go for that to D.....

Mister D
07-15-2011, 09:21 PM

The libs don't remember a time when when mainstream conservative media existed. To them, Fox is what we have been saying about the rest of the mainstream media for decades.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Well, not that Fox is conservative...

MMC
07-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Have you heard of Michael Medved? He is on Channel 560AM, around 5 or 6 pm. Then repeated around 2 and 3 am in the morning. He is one Intelligent Conservative. I know his show is ran out of California. He also has appeared on Fox.

Maybe CL knows him.....I would recommend those that lean to the right to check him out. Even those on the left I would recommend that they listen to him. That way they can get the shit right when they begin talking about Republican talking points and the facts. Or about bills and what was passed and who was a part of it.

Sometimes I wish he would drop by PH and then you can watch how he will tear those racism and homophobe threads up. He don't care for Savage to much. You can look him up and tell me what you think. Like I said earlier maybe CL has more background on him since he is out there. :)

Mister D
07-16-2011, 08:16 AM
I've heard of Michael Medved.

Conley
07-16-2011, 08:45 AM

The libs don't remember a time when when mainstream conservative media existed. To them, Fox is what we have been saying about the rest of the mainstream media for decades.

When was that time? I was about to call you out on that about Fox :-)

Fox has a lot of over the top silliness, entertainment mixed with news. I guess it makes more sense for the intelligent news to be printed and the television to appeal to a less cerebral bunch...

Conley
07-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Have you heard of Michael Medved? He is on Channel 560AM, around 5 or 6 pm. Then repeated around 2 and 3 am in the morning. He is one Intelligent Conservative. I know his show is ran out of California. He also has appeared on Fox.

Maybe CL knows him.....I would recommend those that lean to the right to check him out. Even those on the left I would recommend that they listen to him. That way they can get the shit right when they begin talking about Republican talking points and the facts. Or about bills and what was passed and who was a part of it.

Sometimes I wish he would drop by PH and then you can watch how he will tear those racism and homophobe threads up. He don't care for Savage to much. You can look him up and tell me what you think. Like I said earlier maybe CL has more background on him since he is out there. :)

I have heard of him too but I'm never in the car, so I don't listen to talk radio. In my mind it is hard to come up with enough material to run some of those shows, so the guys just prattle on like blowhards. I think I'd prefer a once-a-week show where there is actually intelligent conversation. But I will take a look for this guy, there are probably online outlets through which we can listen to him.

Mister D
07-16-2011, 08:55 AM

When was that time? I was about to call you out on that about Fox :-)

Fox has a lot of over the top silliness, entertainment mixed with news. I guess it makes more sense for the intelligent news to be printed and the television to appeal to a less cerebral bunch...

I don't remember that time either! ;D I guess it's mythical. :o

The fair and balanced motto is kind of silly because Fox is just as biased as CNN and MSNBC. There was a niche for Fox and it's success (indeed, it's overwhelmingly success) proves it. What I'm saying is that a lot of people simply cannot get used to a right wing slant on a mainstream network.

MMC
07-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Oh I agree....althought when I was growing up CBS leaned a little more to the right then any of the rest.

Mister D
07-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Oh I agree....althought when I was growing up CBS leaned a little more to the right then any of the rest.

Since you lived through it when do you think a liberal ideology in the mainstream media became cemented?

MMC
07-16-2011, 12:09 PM
The late 70's I would say..... :-\