PDA

View Full Version : So how funny is it to not get paid?

Cigar
09-30-2013, 01:08 PM
... just ask these GOPeeeee'ers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9H3WQbupuww

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 01:28 PM
How do Government employees receive their paychecks?

Cigar
09-30-2013, 01:56 PM

Each department has it's own payment schedule ... but I thought someone who knows everything would know that.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 01:59 PM

By being paid by an organization who steals it from those who produce wealth - at the barrel of a gun.

Alyosha
09-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Obviously, Democrats think its very funny to lose jobs. They've certainly killed enough of them with their policies.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 02:03 PM
Obviously, Democrats think its very funny to lose jobs. They've certainly killed enough of them with their policies.

Most government employees and officials have a similar mindset about money, and policy affecting money - "If it doesn't affect me and mine, I could give a damn about you and yours."

Cigar
09-30-2013, 02:03 PM
By being paid by an organization who steals it from those who produce wealth - at the barrel of a gun.

How stupid can you be ... April 15th comes at the same time each year.

How can someone take for you what you don't provide.

The next time someone shows up with a Gun and the sane time next year ... be prepared or pay your Taxes.

:laugh:

Cigar
09-30-2013, 02:04 PM

Some more than others ...

http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/5649/arlington_cemetery.jpg

Alyosha
09-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Some more than others ...

My husband got killed under Obama, Cigar. You know the one, that guy who was going to bring him home.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 02:08 PM
My husband got killed under Obama, Cigar. You know the one, that guy who was going to bring him home.

... and who was being called the appeaser, cut-n-run and waving the white flag.

Sorry for your husband ... but Obama wasn't the one looking for WMDs ... like a nomad in the sand.

Obama is the one cleaning up the shit Bush left behind.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 02:08 PM
How stupid can you be ... April 15th comes at the same time each year.

How can someone take for you what you don't provide.

The next time someone shows up with a Gun and the sane time next year ... be prepared or pay your Taxes.

:laugh:

Simple question with a very open ended answer, what is the source of wealth?

Libhater
09-30-2013, 02:10 PM

Great point. Perhaps the libs here will take more notice of my signature statement about moochers, looters and producers etc.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 02:10 PM
Simple question with a very open ended answer, what is the source of wealth?

Consumers with money in their pocket ... transferring it to Producers who wouldn't exist without consumers.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Consumers with money in their pocket ... transferring it to Producers who wouldn't exist without consumers.

Producers wouldn't exist without consumers? How can you consume something that hasn't been produced first?

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 02:15 PM

...the lose.

Producers wouldn't exist without consumers? How can you consume something that hasn't been produced first?

...the win.

But Cigar, where did this money come from? What assigns value to its exchange?

Alyosha
09-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Government workers have yet to feel the sting of the economy the way the rest of the American public has. Now, some of them will temporarily understand what it is like to not have job security. In a week, tops, they will return to work and be paid.

IF it happens. I don't think it will. The government is realizing that America gets indignation fatigue quickly. Most of the people who won't receive a check vote Democrat so while they might be bitter, the Americans who aren't affected will forget they were ever upset about it in a few weeks as the new Moto X phone comes out.

Kinda like how everyone was upset about Sandy Hook at first and now no one gives a shit.

Dr. Frankenstein meet your apathetic monster.

Cigar
09-30-2013, 02:20 PM
...the lose.

...the win.

But @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294), where did this money come from? What assigns value to its exchange?

I know for a fact ... I couldn't survive without my staff ... that just me ... maybe you do everything on your own.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 02:23 PM
I know for a fact ... I couldn't survive without my staff ... that just me ... maybe you do everything on your own.

You are truly incapable of answering direction questions aren't you?

Hint...it is a binary answer.

Alyosha
09-30-2013, 02:26 PM

Well, I don't have staff that wrangles raccoons, and I'm not a fan of having my genitals touched to get on a plane so I'm fine without some of these workers.

AmazonTania
09-30-2013, 02:50 PM
I completely eliminated the use of my secretary with my iPhone. If you can't manage your time without the need of staff, you're either so busy (which means you can't forward to wasting your time with us on an internet forum) or you're terrible at managing your own time and are therefore wasting money.

patrickt
09-30-2013, 02:58 PM
So, Cigar, how funny is it to get a paycheck and find almost half of it gone to taxes and enough other taxes to pay to get you over half?

And, how funny is it, Cigar, to be told your out of work because the government has driven your company out of business?

And, how funny is it, Cigar, to be working hard and told that thanks to President Obama you're being cut back to 29 hours a week?

Peter1469
09-30-2013, 03:08 PM

Sorry to hear that; which service?

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Sorry to hear that; which service?

Marines.

Peter1469
09-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Marines.

Afghanistan?

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Afghanistan?

Not positive. Not my realm to answer anyways.

Codename Section
09-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Afghanistan?

Afghanistan.

Peter1469
09-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Not positive. Not my realm to answer anyways.

Semper Fi. Army myself, but I worked with marines often.

Codename Section
09-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Semper Fi. Army myself, but I worked with marines often.

He was a good marine.

Dr. Who
09-30-2013, 06:21 PM
...the lose.

...the win.

But @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294), where did this money come from? What assigns value to its exchange?
If you didn't have someone to buy your product, why would you produce it? Why do industries do market research before they release a product - they want to know that there are consumers out there who want to buy the product. So Cigar is correct, there must be a market i.e. consumers before it is worth producing anything. No one operates on the principle that if you produce it the customers will magically appear.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 06:24 PM
If you didn't have someone to buy your product, why would you produce it? Why do industries do market research before they release a product - they want to know that there are consumers out there who want to buy the product. So Cigar is correct, there must be a market i.e. consumers before it is worth producing anything. No one operates on the principle that if you produce it the customers will magically appear.

The chicken or the egg.

However, Cigar has still managed to not answer jack ****.

...has he appointed you proxy?

Codename Section
09-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Apple and Microsoft both came up with ideas, got funding, and produced without knowing if people would want what they were selling. This happens all the time with entrepreneurs. They gamble.

Cthulhu
09-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Apple and Microsoft both came up with ideas, got funding, and produced without knowing if people would want what they were selling. This happens all the time with entrepreneurs. They gamble.

Exactly. Little known fact is that the sticky note was the result of a failed adhesive. It has been smashing successes since they were made though.

BB-35
09-30-2013, 08:05 PM

So sorry for your loss...

Dr. Who
09-30-2013, 08:55 PM
The chicken or the egg.

However, Cigar has still managed to not answer jack ****.

...has he appointed you proxy?I may have an opinion which may coincide with Cigar's. Is that a problem? If I choose to explain my opinion, is that also a problem?

Codename Section
09-30-2013, 09:11 PM
I may have an opinion which may coincide with Cigar's. Is that a problem? If I choose to explain my opinion, is that also a problem?

I don't see how it could be, but it would be nice if he delved more deeply into the many threads he creates and put himself and his opinions out there. We come to forums to not only express ourselves but learn something. Sometimes we learn a new fact, sometimes we learn how to deal with people, and sometimes find out that libertarian Methodist dudes from Mississippi can get along real well with progressive NYC Jewish chicks.

Dr. Who
09-30-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't see how it could be, but it would be nice if he delved more deeply into the many threads he creates and put himself and his opinions out there. We come to forums to not only express ourselves but learn something. Sometimes we learn a new fact, sometimes we learn how to deal with people, and sometimes find out that libertarian Methodist dudes from Mississippi can get along real well with progressive NYC Jewish chicks.

Unfortunately people seem to train each other in behavior. What you are seeing has been happening for a long time.

/Edit, sometimes incivility breeds contempt.