PDA

View Full Version : U.S Recognizes Libyan Rebels as Government of Libya.....

MMC
07-15-2011, 08:58 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/us-recognizes-libyan-rebels-libyan-government-124658625.html
59 mins ago.

ISTANBUL (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says the Obama administration has decided to formally recognize Libya's main opposition group as the country's legitimate government.

Clinton announced Friday that Washington accepts the Transitional National Council as the legitimate governing authority of the Libyan people. Diplomatic recognition of the council means that the U.S. will be able to fund the opposition with some of the more than $30 billion in Gahdafi-regime assets that are frozen in American banks.

Looks like we caved.....and it does not matter who is all involved with the Libyan Rebels anymore. Right after Gates step-down....huh? Now we can fund them with weapons and all that they need. Even tho we are broke. lol Thoughts? >:D

Mister D
07-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Well at least it's his money.

MMC
07-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Yeah but they will go thru that in a Week then what?

Mister D
07-15-2011, 09:44 AM

Yeah but they will go thru that in a Week then what?

:D I'd imagine small arms is all they will need at this point. Medical supplies maybe?

MMC
07-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Why do you say that.....NATO hasn't taken out his Russian Attack Helicopters nor all his tanks. So the rebels will need that shit. Plus Again this about seting up a Sunni back government in a Country that they could never take in a military conquest.

Funny how before all were worried about who is inside the Rebels. Now it doesn't matter. Why? Before Gates step-down not more than a month ago. he was stating the rebels will not get any weapons and that would be over his dead body. Course all didn't know he was going to retire.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Why do you say that.....NATO hasn't taken out his Russian Attack Helicopters nor all his tanks. So the rebels will need that shit. Plus Again this about seting up a Sunni back government in a Country that they could never take in a military conquest.

Funny how before all were worried about who is inside the Rebels. Now it doesn't matter. Why? Before Gates step-down not more than a month ago. he was stating the rebels will not get any weapons and that would be over his dead body. Course all didn't know he was going to retire.

I'm not sure. That's why I'm asking. The fighting doesn't seem to be all that heavy. It's not like we are giving them fighter jet squadrons and capital ships. When I say "small arms" I'm talking about portable anti-tank weapons and anti-aircraft missiles. For example, remember the Stinger missles we gave the Afghan rebels?

MMC
07-15-2011, 06:28 PM
Problem is when over 100,000 people are and abut protesting for Qadhafi. That shit about him forcing those out to do so is nothing but western propaganda.

Once the US jumps look at all the others that did to. 30 other nations now rode along. While they have been sitting on the fence all this time.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Problem is when over 100,000 people are and abut protesting for Qaddafi. That shit about him forcing those out to do so is nothing but western propaganda.

Once the US jumps look at all the others that did to. 30 other nations now rode along. While they have been sitting on the fence all this time.

On that I don't disagree. I w3as just addressing the monetary concerns. The power politics is another issue although getting rid of Qaddafi will be seen as a good thing for the most part.

MMC
07-15-2011, 06:46 PM
Except for the fact of giving the Sunni a country on the African Continent that they could never achieve on their own says a lot too. Plus lets not forget who the Obama Administration met with before all this began. You know, the former ruling Dynsty of Libya. Also Arch-Rival to Gaddhafi. Amongst Berbers.

Mister D
07-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Except for the fact of giving the Sunni a country on the African Continent that they could never achieve on their own says a lot too. Plus lets not forget who the Obama Administration met with before all this began. You know, the former ruling Dynsty of Libya. Also Arch-Rival to Gaddhafi. Amongst Berbers.

How it will go abroad will depend on the locality. I was referring to the American public. Mind you, I'm not defending BO.

MMC
07-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I look at the the fact that if the Rebels lose over 1/3rd of their forces then how will they be able to hold the Country? What vacuumn will it open up and just what type of Democracy they will call this. Especially while trying to tie this to National Security and Economic interests and the whole global economy thing. How much more it takes us down the rabbit hole while trading Iraq for Libya.....