PDA

View Full Version : Corbett compares gay marriage to marriage of brother and sister

Captain Obvious
10-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Sweet. No wonder the GOP has the reputation of being cave men.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/state/corbett-compares-gay-marriage-to-incest-706184/

HARRISBURG -- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett compared the marriage of same-sex couples to the marriage of a brother and sister during an appearance on a morning TV news show.

The Republican governor was on WHP-TV in Harrisburg speaking about gay marriage when an anchor asked about a statement his lawyers made in a recent court filing, comparing the marriage of gay couples to the marriage of children because neither can legally marry in the state.

"It was an inappropriate analogy, you know," Corbett said. "I think a much better analogy would have been brother and sister, don't you?"

Green Arrow
10-04-2013, 11:00 AM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Tony-Stark-Eyeroll.gif

shaarona
10-04-2013, 11:03 AM

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/state/corbett-compares-gay-marriage-to-incest-706184/

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Wow.. Politicians just get dumber and dumber.

Alyosha
10-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Why should we prevent brothers and sisters from marrying? Yes, I know it sounds horrible but what business is it of mine?

Kabuki Joe
10-04-2013, 02:16 PM

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

...well, I always compare homosexuality to pedophilia, not because I hate homosexuals but because I can't relate to homosexuality any more then I can relate to pedophilia...to me, they are both odd...brother/sister, father/daughter and mother/son are odd too...

jillian
10-04-2013, 02:44 PM
Why should we prevent brothers and sisters from marrying? Yes, I know it sounds horrible but what business is it of mine?

there are issues of abuse that go with incest. that's why.

and raising the discussion in the midst of a discussion of homosexuality as corbett did tries intentionally to conjure certain images...

that isn't an accident.

jillian
10-04-2013, 02:45 PM
...well, I always compare homosexuality to pedophilia, not because I hate homosexuals but because I can't relate to homosexuality any more then I can relate to pedophilia...to me, they are both odd...brother/sister, father/daughter and mother/son are odd too...

the words "consenting adult" escape you?

Alyosha
10-04-2013, 02:50 PM

So you ban it for everyone because some people are abusive?

Why is that yours or my business anyway?

Adults + free will = none of my business

and raising the discussion in the midst of a discussion of homosexuality as corbett did tries intentionally to conjure certain images...

that isn't an accident.

Why are those certain images taboo?

Kabuki Joe
10-04-2013, 04:24 PM

...so it's NOT ODD if the mother and son are consenting adults?...no, it's still %^&*@#$ odd...some things are just odd, like having a prostitute take a dump on your chest, it's odd...

zelmo1234
10-04-2013, 04:35 PM

that isn't an accident.

There are issues of abuse that happen in some homosexual relationships as well, they happen in heterosexual relationships as well? Now What?

zelmo1234
10-04-2013, 04:36 PM

Why can't Incest be among consenting adults too?

Captain Obvious
10-04-2013, 08:15 PM

If you believe in creationism, you believe in incest.

ChoppedLiver
10-04-2013, 08:21 PM

No, you do not.

:cool:

Captain Obvious
10-04-2013, 08:22 PM
No, you do not.

Do the math.

ChoppedLiver
10-04-2013, 08:22 PM
Do the math.

It's not a math question.

Green Arrow
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Why can't Incest be among consenting adults too?

It can be and I have no qualms about it. I don't believe our society is so fragile that it will descend into chaos just because people bugger each other in odd ways in their private homes.

Kabuki Joe
10-04-2013, 09:04 PM

...atheist...

Green Arrow
10-04-2013, 09:09 PM
...atheist...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/10c6176ab6c69954f6b52ebd2dfb54c6/tumblr_mpnvmeOuWy1s8wt2jo1_500.gif

Just kidding, that was a terrible, TERRIBLE attempt at a comeback.

Adelaide
10-05-2013, 02:21 PM
I think a lot of anti-same sex marriage (or gay rights) individuals often try to equate homosexuality with other sexual behaviours in an attempt to make homosexuality by default appear nefarious or evil. There are a startling amount of people who compare it to incest, bestiality, pedophilia, polygamy, so forth when it has nothing to do with the issue. It's an attempt to play on people who have very black and white views on what marriage is or what sexual orientation/sexuality is. Most individuals know it's bullshit but some people refuse to see the difference between different types of sexual behaviours and orientations.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:24 PM
I think a lot of anti-same sex marriage (or gay rights) individuals often try to equate homosexuality with other sexual behaviours in an attempt to make homosexuality by default appear nefarious or evil. There are a startling amount of people who compare it to incest, bestiality, pedophilia, polygamy, so forth when it has nothing to do with the issue. It's an attempt to play on people who have very black and white views on what marriage is or what sexual orientation/sexuality is. Most individuals know it's bullshit but some people refuse to see the difference between different types of sexual behaviours and orientations.

There is also a presumption that gay and lesbian relationships are "all about the sex". We all know perfectly when people get married there is more to a marriage than sex.

There is creating a family. Choosing the person you intend to spend the rest of your life with. The one who want to grow old with.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 02:27 PM

What's wrong with polygamy? They are creating families.

It is none of my business what anyone else does. Brother or sister, one man or five women, or two men. The government should not be in the marriage business at all.

Philosophically-speaking, why would you allow a government to be the entity that approves your choice for cohabitation? Does it get to approve which job field you go into?

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:28 PM

It is none of my business what anyone else does. Brother or sister, one man or five women, or two men. The government should not be in the marriage business at all.

Philosophically-speaking, why would you allow a government to be the entity that approves your choice for cohabitation? Does it get to approve which job field you go into?

You smear gay people when you compare them to incest perpetrators.

bladimz
10-05-2013, 02:29 PM
If this isn't an example of "poisoning the well", i don't know what is... :grin:

As a parent, i would seriously work to talk my son and daughter out of it. Absolutely.

jillian
10-05-2013, 02:30 PM

polygamy is also a concern of consenting adults. i'm not sure it is any of our business.

the incest thing becomes a societal thing because it's rooted in abuse.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 02:31 PM
You smear gay people when you compare them to incest perpetrators.

Who is an incest perpetrator and why do you care if related adults choose to have sex with each other?

Seriously, how is it your business again? I know it's not mine.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 02:32 PM
polygamy is also a concern of consenting adults. i'm not sure it is any of our business.

the incest thing becomes a societal thing because it's rooted in abuse.

You know that in many world cultures it is practiced. Should we not respect people's wishes?

jillian
10-05-2013, 02:33 PM
You know that in many world cultures it is practiced. Should we not respect people's wishes?

some things we can make societal choices about.

in some cultures it's ok to rape a 9 year old girl or to sell her off in marriage at that age. i think it's safe to say we can refuse to respect that, too.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Who is an incest perpetrator and why do you care if related adults choose to have sex with each other?

Seriously, how is it your business again? I know it's not mine.

I care because it's dangerous for any children born of incest. 40% of them have birth defects.

You have unusual morals. Incest and polygamy is OK. Killing people is OK.

bladimz
10-05-2013, 02:35 PM
I know a guy who wants to marry a dead woman because he couldn't have her in life. Takes all kinds, right?

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I care because it's dangerous for any children born of incest. 40% of them have birth defects.

So if people's genetics that would give their children a high chance for disease should they be disallowed to marry or have kids?

I never said that incest, polygamy, or killing people is "ok". I said that consenting adults have a right to make decisions for their own lives without me deciding that I know what it best for them.

I have no right, none at all, to stop two people from engaging in any behavior of their own consent and, frankly, neither do you.

Also, my attitude on killing is that I did a lot of it in uniform. I did it because I had good aim and steady muscles. I did it so that other people who couldn't didn't have to. I'll live with what I did and answer to my own conscience.

jillian
10-05-2013, 02:39 PM

an awful lot of people become police, soldiers, etc... sometimes people get killed. i don't think that's a fair thing to focus on.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:40 PM
an awful lot of people become police, soldiers, etc... sometimes people get killed. i don't think that's a fair thing to focus on.

We're discussing moral dilemmas. Certainly the fact that our government trains people to kill is a moral dilemma, isn't it?

Soldiers are trained to kill without conscience. The reason many soldiers have PTSD is because the training doesn't always work. It's traumatic to kill someone for most people.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 02:41 PM

in some cultures it's ok to rape a 9 year old girl or to sell her off in marriage at that age. i think it's safe to say we can refuse to respect that, too.

Well, but a 9 year old cannot fully consent nor is she allowed to. A twenty-six year old can. Look, I don't understand women who want to marry abusers, either, but I'm not going to stop anyone gay, straight, polyamorous (sp), or whatever.

People have a right as adults to lead whatever fucked up lives they want because it's possible there is a great big nothingness after this one. So if this is it, our only shot then we have a right to live it the way WE not society wants.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:46 PM
This is just anecdotal, but the people I know who've had sex with relatives are pretty screwed up over it. They aren't at peace.

I wouldn't wish their suffering on anyone.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 02:48 PM
This is just anecdotal, but the people I know who've had sex with relatives are pretty screwed up over it. They aren't at peace.

There are immigrants in the US who marry their cousins. Do you want to tell Muslim and Indian families that they cannot do this? What is your justification?

bladimz
10-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Corbett is just a flat-out political moron who can not only talk himself into a corner but can work his way into a criminal investigation involving the Penn State child abuse scandal. He's an embarrassment to PA, voted in in large part by the "Pennsyl-tuckian" regressives.

http://goo.gl/bpXGUU

Investigation to Focus on Governor’s Handling of Penn State Abuse Case

HARRISBURG, Pa. — First it was a criminal case. Then it enveloped a university athletic program. Now the Penn State child sexual abuse scandal has infiltrated the realm of politics.

Mr. Corbett rejects the suggestion of delays.

Pennsylvania’s new attorney general is set to name a special prosecutor in the coming days to investigate Gov. Tom Corbett’s handling of the case, specifically why nearly three years elapsed before criminal charges were brought.

Attorney General Kathleen Kane, a Democrat elected in November, confirmed her plans in an interview here. She suggested that when he was attorney general Mr. Corbett, a Republican, slow-walked the investigation of a longtime football coach at the center of the scandal while campaigning for governor.

jillian
10-05-2013, 02:49 PM
We're discussing moral dilemmas. Certainly the fact that our government trains people to kill is a moral dilemma, isn't it?

Soldiers are trained to kill without conscience. The reason many soldiers have PTSD is because the training doesn't always work. It's traumatic to kill someone for most people.

except he's already told you it's a moral dilemma for him.

they get PTSD because they see a lot of garbage most human beings never have to deal with

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:50 PM
There are immigrants in the US who marry their cousins. Do you want to tell Muslim and Indian families that they cannot do this? What is your justification?

Marrying cousins may be biologically ok, even common practice in some countries. One of the reasons they think some of the English Kings were so nuts was due to incest.

I'm not going to argue with you. You have your morals, I have mine.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:52 PM

they get PTSD because they see a lot of garbage most human beings never have to deal with

I didn't read that it's a moral dilemma for him. I read that he hasn't lost any sleep over it.

It happens to be true that if you try and brainwash someone to go against their morals it creates mental distress.

That's what the military does. It trains soldiers to kill.

jillian
10-05-2013, 02:53 PM
I didn't read that it's a moral dilemma for him. I read that he hasn't lost any sleep over it. It happens to be true that if you try and brainwash someone to go against their morals it creates mental distress.

he said "don't think [he hasn't] lost sleep over it"

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
he said "don't think [he hasn't] lost sleep over it"

Thank you. I completely missed that part. My apologies to codenamesection.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM

http://shareamazingpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Best-buddy.jpg

US ^ Except the kitty has PTSD and is holding a gun. ;)

jillian
10-05-2013, 02:57 PM
http://shareamazingpictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Best-buddy.jpg

US ^ Except the kitty has PTSD and is holding a gun. ;)

you're a good son. :D

jillian
10-05-2013, 02:57 PM

i'm sure Codename Section will be gracious in accepting your apologies.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 02:59 PM
i'm sure @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) will be gracious in accepting your apologies.

I hope so. We'll see.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 03:02 PM
i'm sure @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) will be gracious in accepting your apologies.

Yes, mom. :)

Seriously tho, I do have trouble with it, as you know. Some that you catch in the act of violence or if you have to rescue a buddy, those you don't feel "bad" about. It's the strategic ones that keep you up at night. I'd never send people overseas to war. Fight for your home. Fight for your family and friends, but fight for politics, no.

Adelaide
10-05-2013, 03:02 PM

I have no problem with polygamy. Polygamy is frowned upon by most people because of "conventional" views of marriage and because of high profile religious cults that practice polygamy that is based in abuse. If consenting adults want to enter into a union and relationship that is more than two people, more power to them, but it has to be consensual and in accordance with laws surrounding age of the participants.

According to the constitution of my country, marriage and divorce are federal legislative powers. I am alright with that so long as they listen to the people - and they have. The Civil Marriage Act legalised same-sex marriage in 2005 after the provinces forced the issue. Polygamy being a criminal offense is unconstitutional in my opinion and such challenges to the Supreme Court have been unsuccessfully made, but one thing at a time. The laws making polygamy illegal aren't enforced, by the way, and haven't been for a long time.

In theory the government should have nothing to do with marriage, but marriage is involved in many other laws, (such as taxation). I don't see how you could remove marriage from the legislative powers without causing problems with other legislative powers and legislation derived from those powers.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 03:04 PM
In theory the government should have nothing to do with marriage, but marriage is involved in many other laws, (such as taxation). I don't see how you could remove marriage from the legislative powers without causing problems with other legislative powers and legislation derived from those powers.

But I don't believe it should be intertwined with that. :)

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 03:23 PM

No worries.

jillian
10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Yes, mom. :)

Seriously tho, I do have trouble with it, as you know. Some that you catch in the act of violence or if you have to rescue a buddy, those you don't feel "bad" about. It's the strategic ones that keep you up at night. I'd never send people overseas to war. Fight for your home. Fight for your family and friends, but fight for politics, no.

i understand why you say that, but i suspect my grandfather who fought in a WW war would disagree.... certain wars need to be fought. the problem is that the war you were sent to fight is a rough one to justify.

Peter1469
10-05-2013, 03:36 PM
I didn't read that it's a moral dilemma for him. I read that he hasn't lost any sleep over it.

It happens to be true that if you try and brainwash someone to go against their morals it creates mental distress.

Right. And I think that the medical science is showing that PTSD is more common with people who have prior trauma. And in military operations, if it doesn't go FUBAR, you are prepared for what happens and it doesn't overly affect you. After all, you have your 5 paragraph op order supplemented with fragos and lots of practice. And you have your team for support.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Right. And I think that the medical science is showing that PTSD is more common with people who have prior trauma. And in military operations, if it doesn't go FUBAR, you are prepared for what happens and it doesn't overly affect you. After all, you have your 5 paragraph op order supplemented with fragos and lots of practice. And you have your team for support.

Yep. I have my issues with loud unexpected noises, I immediately duck down. I get jittery in certain areas. Sometimes I get bouts of depression, but that's usually cured by putting my life into danger via rock climbing.

I think I did pretty well considering I had 4 combat deployments, well, 5 if you consider the last Iraq deployment "combat". I don't because we lived at the FOB the whole time.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 03:40 PM
i understand why you say that, but i suspect my grandfather who fought in a WW war would disagree.... certain wars need to be fought. the problem is that the war you were sent to fight is a rough one to justify.

Certain wars need to be fought. I can understand why you'd say that in the light of the Holocaust, which had to be stopped. It's a difficult idea for me. That war is necessary and good.

In hindsight, the Holocaust could have been prevented. Hitler needed to be stopped long before he was. I think we ought to do everything necessary to prevent wars where we can.

Other acts of genocide have gone unstopped. I would think that if ANY war is justified those that occur to stop genocide would be righteous.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Certain wars need to be fought. I can understand why you'd say that in the light of the Holocaust, which had to be stopped. It's a difficult idea for me. That war is necessary and good.

In hindsight, the Holocaust could have been prevented. Hitler needed to be stopped long before he was. I think we ought to do everything necessary to prevent wars where we can.

People put too much faith in their government and gave it too much control and authority so that when the lunatics showed themselves for what they were it was too late.

Just sayin'.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 03:50 PM
People put too much faith in their government and gave it too much control and authority so that when the lunatics showed themselves for what they were it was too late.

Just sayin'.
The lunatics took over the German government. German culture was very patriarchal and rigid. There was already some anti-Semitism, which the Nazi's used propaganda to strengthen. The populace looked the other way while concentration camps tortured and murdered many million people.

It would not be so different in America if the Christians took over the government, the way SOME of them, (dominionists), aspire to.

We should take as much care as possible to never allow anything like that to go on in our country, and to support efforts world-wide to stop it where it exists.

Alyosha
10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
The lunatics took over the German government. German culture was very patriarchal and rigid. There was already some anti-Semitism, which the Nazi's used propaganda to strengthen. The populace looked the other way while concentration camps tortured and murdered many million people.

They didn't believe the stories because they trusted their government. Why didn't Jews flee in the beginning? Because they could not believe things would get that bad, then once they realized it could it was too late. No one would take them in.

It would not be so different in America if the Christians took over the government, the way SOME of them, (dominionists), aspire to.

^^Inflammatory speculative horse shit.

I think progressives want to kill Christians. See. You can say anything on the web.

We should take as much care as possible to never allow anything like that to go on in our country, and to support efforts world-wide to stop it where it exists.

What are you doing to repeal the Patriot Act and NDAA?

Alyosha
10-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Yep. I have my issues with loud unexpected noises, I immediately duck down. I get jittery in certain areas. Sometimes I get bouts of depression, but that's usually cured by putting my life into danger via rock climbing.

I think I did pretty well considering I had 4 combat deployments, well, 5 if you consider the last Iraq deployment "combat". I don't because we lived at the FOB the whole time.

You do better than okay, smoopy. :)

Peter1469
10-05-2013, 04:19 PM

I have to keep the volume on my work phone low, and I turn it off on my cell phones. Also seeing a shrink. I recommend it.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 04:22 PM
They didn't believe the stories because they trusted their government. Why didn't Jews flee in the beginning? Because they could not believe things would get that bad, then once they realized it could it was too late. No one would take them in.

^^Inflammatory speculative horse shit.

I think progressives want to kill Christians. See. You can say anything on the web.

What are you doing to repeal the Patriot Act and NDAA?
Nothing. I'm pretty busy doing other things.

Alyosha
10-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Nothing. I'm pretty busy doing other things.

Didn't you just say that "we" (that implies you are part of that group) should be doing something about it?

Kabuki Joe
10-05-2013, 04:25 PM

...you forgot to add "in your opinion"...

Kabuki Joe
10-05-2013, 04:27 PM
If this isn't an example of "poisoning the well", i don't know what is... :grin:

As a parent, i would seriously work to talk my son and daughter out of it. Absolutely.

...so same-sex is ok, but incest isn't?...

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Didn't you just say that "we" (that implies you are part of that group) should be doing something about it?

I'm doing other things.

Kabuki Joe
10-05-2013, 04:29 PM

...so as long as it's ok with you that's all that matters?...

Kabuki Joe
10-05-2013, 04:31 PM

...so you are anti-abortion?...

bladimz
10-05-2013, 04:45 PM
...so same-sex is ok, but incest isn't?...Well, same-sex is ok as far as i'm concerned, but as long as brother and his sister/lovely bride are able to procreate, i have a problem with that for obvious reasons. Now if they take steps to guarantee an inability to reproduce before they marry, sure... have at it, kids.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Well, same-sex is ok as far as i'm concerned, but as long as brother and his sister/lovely bride are able to procreate, i have a problem with that for obvious reasons. Now if they take steps to guarantee an inability to reproduce before they marry, sure... have at it, kids.

How about father and daughter marrying? OK with that too?

Alyosha
10-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Well, same-sex is ok as far as i'm concerned, but as long as brother and his sister/lovely bride are able to procreate, i have a problem with that for obvious reasons. Now if they take steps to guarantee an inability to reproduce before they marry, sure... have at it, kids.

So you are against it for potential offspring's sake. I see. Where are you on abortion laws?

bladimz
10-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Far too many wars are simply a money-making endeavor by those in the financial and powerful position to trigger one. Not just as far as America goes, either. When you consider that even just one large entity has the ability to politically initiate and fund both sides of one war in the name of profit; that's when you begin to recognize the abuse any government can rain down on it's people; their fighting youth and the families who and live and die with them. War is not only hell; it's money also.

bladimz
10-05-2013, 05:04 PM
So you are against it for potential offspring's sake. I see. Where are you on abortion laws?I have no problem with early abortion in certain instances. To put the decision to abort or not, in the hands of the law is wrong.

See, i'm not saying that a brother/sister marriage must be legally contingent on medically-induced infertility. But that's what i'd like responsible brother/sister couples do. That would be their personal decision, not the law's.

Alyosha
10-05-2013, 05:11 PM
How about father and daughter marrying? OK with that too?

You don't have to be "ok" with something to understand it is not your business. Do you love abortions?

Alyosha
10-05-2013, 05:11 PM
I have no problem with early abortion in certain instances. To put the decision to abort or not, in the hands of the law is wrong.

See, i'm not saying that a brother/sister marriage must be legally contingent on medically-induced infertility. But that's what i'd like responsible brother/sister couples do. That would be their personal decision, not the law's.

Then I think we agree. I may not like something but it's not my life and not my decision.

Kabuki Joe
10-05-2013, 07:20 PM

...really?...I don't think it's anyone's business but the parent's...like I said, the idea of brother/sister, mother/son and father/daughter "pairings" is odd but I don't think I'd support any legislation against it any more then I would against any other "odd" pairing (same-sex included)...it's odd, but as long as it's not shoved in my face, I wouldn't care...it is odd...

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 08:29 PM
You don't have to be "ok" with something to understand it is not your business. Do you love abortions?

It damn well is my business if a father is fucking his daughter.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 08:32 PM

We're all talking about "adults" on this thread. She's talking about adults.

As gross as it sounds to me and you, do you feel you have a right to stop consensual relations between adults just because it's gross as hell?

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 08:36 PM
We're all talking about "adults" on this thread. She's talking about adults.

As gross as it sounds to me and you, do you feel you have a right to stop consensual relations between adults just because it's gross as hell?
Yes, we should stop incest. Between brother and sister is bad enough but between father and daughter or mother and son. That is soo wrong.

Incest between father and daughter or mother and son is mostly illegal, and should stay that way. In the vast majority of cases incest is perpetrated by a manipulative adult with more power.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Yes, we should stop incest. Between brother and sister is bad enough but between father and daughter or mother and son. That is soo wrong.

Incest between father and daughter or mother and son is mostly illegal, and should stay that way.

So you believe that you have the right to tell two adults what they cannot do with their lives? Did you like it when the government told you that you couldn't do what you wanted with yours?

Consenting adults should be able to live their life how they choose as long as they don't hurt other people. I don't need to approve what other people do. I want freedom, I want my life to be my own, I will give others that same respect.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 08:47 PM
So you believe that you have the right to tell two adults what they cannot do with their lives? Did you like it when the government told you that you couldn't do what you wanted with yours?

Consenting adults should be able to live their life how they choose as long as they don't hurt other people. I don't need to approve what other people do. I want freedom, I want my life to be my own, I will give others that same respect.

I have no respect for perpetrators of incest.

A father and daughter in New Zealand who say they are in love with each other have been told by a judge to end their incestuous relationship, warning that future incest could land them in prison, a local newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The father, 32, and his daughter, 18, appeared in Dunedin District Court on Tuesday and admitted to having an incestuous relationship which began in August 2010 when the woman was 16 years old. The incest continued until May this year and resulted in the couple having a baby girl which was born last year.

The teenager told the court that she is in love with her father and that they had been living as 'husband and wife'. Her counsel, Bernadette Farnham, argued that both offenders have a mutual background of abuse and neglect and that, while outside society's norms, the relationship was between consenting adults.
http://blottr.com/breaking-news/stop-incest-father-daughter-urged-end-relationship

Why would anyone possibly care about stopping this lovely couple from living as husband and wife?

Green Arrow
10-05-2013, 09:30 PM

Why?

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 10:00 PM
I have no respect for perpetrators of incest.

A father and daughter in New Zealand who say they are in love with each other have been told by a judge to end their incestuous relationship, warning that future incest could land them in prison, a local newspaper reported on Wednesday.
The father, 32, and his daughter, 18, appeared in Dunedin District Court on Tuesday and admitted to having an incestuous relationship which began in August 2010 when the woman was 16 years old. The incest continued until May this year and resulted in the couple having a baby girl which was born last year.

The teenager told the court that she is in love with her father and that they had been living as 'husband and wife'. Her counsel, Bernadette Farnham, argued that both offenders have a mutual background of abuse and neglect and that, while outside society's norms, the relationship was between consenting adults.
http://blottr.com/breaking-news/stop-incest-father-daughter-urged-end-relationship

Why would anyone possibly care about stopping this lovely couple from living as husband and wife?

It's fucking gross, for sure but lucky for the world that I'm not trying to stop people from doing things I think are gross.

You ask why people would care, why would anyone possibly care about stopping two people from having anal sex?

And yet there are people out there that want to stop people from doing that because it looks painful. I won't and I don't care. Why? Because on principle I believe that I have no right to tell other people how to live their lives.

You are safe from me trying to determine how you live. I want you to own your life and live it the way you, not me, want you to.

Child rape is different. You cannot consent if you don't understand what you are consenting to.

AmazonTania
10-05-2013, 10:06 PM
Why?

Just think about the children might look like...

Green Arrow
10-05-2013, 10:09 PM

I'm asking why it's their business. Besides, 60% of the time the kids look fine.

AmazonTania
10-05-2013, 10:11 PM
I'm asking why it's their business. Besides, 60% of the time the kids look fine.

Ugly children is just as good a reason as any...

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 10:14 PM
It's fucking gross, for sure but lucky for the world that I'm not trying to stop people from doing things I think are gross.

You ask why people would care, why would anyone possibly care about stopping two people from having anal sex?

And yet there are people out there that want to stop people from doing that because it looks painful. I won't and I don't care. Why? Because on principle I believe that I have no right to tell other people how to live their lives.

You are safe from me trying to determine how you live. I want you to own your life and live it the way you, not me, want you to.

Child rape is different. You cannot consent if you don't understand what you are consenting to.

Fine. Go ahead and support incest. I won't.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 10:16 PM
I think incest is gross. I might even personally beat the piss out of someone I knew if they were engaging in it, but when you write laws to prevent someone from exercising their will as an adult you rob more than just that person. You rob and steal from the value of personal liberty.

Like the gay thing. I think the idea of two guys having sex is gross. That's MY problem, not theirs. I would never make MY problem someone else's. They have every right in the world to find love, make a family, heck, if it were up to me two gay dudes could get marry, smoke pot at the reception, then buy an AR-15 together afterwards.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 10:18 PM
I think incest is gross. I might even personally beat the piss out of someone I knew if they were engaging in it, but when you write laws to prevent someone from exercising their will as an adult you rob more than just that person. You rob and steal from the value of personal liberty.

Like the gay thing. I think the idea of two guys having sex is gross. That's MY problem, not theirs. I would never make MY problem someone else's. They have every right in the world to find love, make a family, heck, if it were up to me two gay dudes could get marry, smoke pot at the reception, then buy an AR-15 together afterwards.

I bet.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Fine. Go ahead and support incest. I won't.

I'm not supporting incest. That's fucked up that you would say that I do.

I don't support people shooting up heroin, either, but I'm not going to lock them up for it.

You don't have to support something to recognize that adults have a right to whatever consensual relationship they want to enter into, and honestly you can write all the laws against it but it won't stop people from doing it if they want to do it.

Just like homophobes and gay marriage. They can write laws but gays got married anyway.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 10:19 PM
I bet.

You don't believe me? You don't know me then. I am 100% you do what you want to do as long as you don't hurt other people.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm not supporting incest. That's fucked up that you would say that I do.

I don't support people shooting up heroin, either, but I'm not going to lock them up for it.

You don't have to support something to recognize that adults have a right to whatever consensual relationship they want to enter into, and honestly you can write all the laws against it but it won't stop people from doing it if they want to do it.

Just like homophobes and gay marriage. They can write laws but gays got married anyway.

If you would undo the law against incest then you would in fact be supporting the incestuous to have no legal consequences for their actions.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 10:22 PM
If you would undo the law against incest then you would in fact be supporting the incestuous to have no legal consequences for their actions.

Right. I would undo legal consequences attached to two adults who want to have a fucked up incestuous, gross relationship. I would never have them over my house and I would, if asked, tell them I think their relationship is gross.

I wouldn't try to fine them or throw them in jail because I think they're gross. That's cruel.

Kids on the other hand, you have sex with your minor child and throw the book at them because that's rape.

--and by the way, less than a percent of percent of people do this effed up shit. Most people are normal.

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 10:23 PM
You don't believe me? You don't know me then. I am 100% you do what you want to do as long as you don't hurt other people.

Incest causes harm. I'm sorry you can't see that.

Codename Section
10-05-2013, 10:25 PM

I'm sure it does. So do a lot of things like women who date men who physically abuse them. Women who have a million baby daddies and leave their kids without consistent fathers in their lives. Men who refuse to wear condoms and leave babies all across the country.

Do you want to start writing relationship laws for consenting adults?

Where does it end?

sky dancer
10-05-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm sure it does. So do a lot of things like women who date men who physically abuse them. Women who have a million baby daddies and leave their kids without consistent fathers in their lives. Men who refuse to wear condoms and leave babies all across the country.

Do you want to start writing relationship laws for consenting adults?

Where does it end?
Your views creep me out.

AmazonTania
10-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Homo/Bisexual relationships causes harm too. Been hurt plenty of times by the women I tried to date...

Why isn't anyone trying to protect me?

Captain Obvious
10-06-2013, 12:25 AM

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090526/Must-List/conan_l.jpg

Captain Obvious
10-06-2013, 12:26 AM

How so?

Look - I think it's creepy also, but at the end of the day if they are two consenting adults of sound mind, as far as I'm concerned ain't none of my damn business. I got bigger fish to fillet.

Dr. Who
10-06-2013, 12:34 AM

I have no issue with polygamy assuming that it is voluntary. Brother and sister has genetic issues when it comes to offspring - every farmer knows you don't breed siblings.

GrassrootsConservative
10-06-2013, 01:11 AM
Homosexuality, incest, necrophilia and bestiality are all perversions of nature, but I don't think the government has any business stopping any of that in the land of the free. Pedophilia is on the same level as those first four in my opinion, but I do think we have cause to legislate and enforce that legislation against pedophilia, just as I think we have cause to legislate and enforce legislation against abortion. Those two things both have victims. Crimes that are not victimless should have laws against them.

That just makes sense.

zelmo1234
10-06-2013, 02:32 AM

You don't understand, Liberals don't want people to have freedom, so they can't imagine that anyone would want that!

They want to inflict their will on the people. Now if you were doing everything that they tell you to and believe like they want you to believe, then you get to be a honest person.

When you are doing 100% of what they want you to, that is called tolerance in their book.

But give people freedom to choose their own path? that just can't be accepted, After all they might not choose all the things that they approve of, and if they are not living and acting like they want the too? Well that can't to tolerated.

zelmo1234
10-06-2013, 02:34 AM

So you are saying that we should enforce all laws the way that they are written, if not then we are actually supporting those crimes?

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Your views creep me out.

What you're creeped out by shouldn't matter, should it? Todd Akin is creeped out by homosexuality, but I certainly wouldn't side with him to prevent homosexuals from leading their lives the way they want.

Apart from the "creepy" factor evolution proves that at some point this happened, it would be statistically impossible if it did not. There are instances of it in ancient writings like the Bible and in Greek/Roman Mythology. We know that Cleopatra was married to her brother as were many sibling pairs before that. If they were all idiots I hardly think that there were be structures existing some 6,000 years later that they commissioned, and if it were "unnatural" there would be no way for them to reproduce, and yet they do.

Besides, as you've said, relationships are about more than sex anyway.

All of your arguments as I see them is no different than that of homophobes saying that gay men and anal sex is gross and that it shouldn't be allowed. Right down to the way you bring up the most extreme case of a father daughter, instead of cousins which is the most common. That's what haterphobes do, they bring up the gay guys who need rectal surgery instead of the cute chubby gay guys like my old neighbors whose lives revolve not around sex but their King Charles Spaniels.

If you wished to say that the law should prevent parents from raping their minor children or sibling raping their minor brothers well, then we'd all be on board. Your body is your own an non-consensual sex is a violation of your being. Rape is not consensual sex, which is what we are talking about--consensual sex.

Your arguments lack logical consistency and come from a place of emotion. Emotions are no way to govern society.

Kabuki Joe
10-06-2013, 08:29 AM
I have no issue with polygamy assuming that it is voluntary. Brother and sister has genetic issues when it comes to offspring - every farmer knows you don't breed siblings.

...not in performance animals...the only issue is you need to kill the offspring that don't cut the mustard...like the Hawaiians and Spartans did...in todays society, killing babies after birth will never happen...