PDA

View Full Version : Who's right, Democrats or Republicans?

Mike Zaman
10-06-2013, 01:57 AM
By Mike Zaman

Who's right, Democrats or Republicans? Tell me your thoughts

zelmo1234
10-06-2013, 02:09 AM
Neither, that is shy you discuss and debate and come to an agreement. It is time that the people make them sit back in their seats in the house and Senate, give the a bucket to go to the bathroom and PBJ's for breakfast lunch and Dinner

When the come to an agreement, then they can go home for a good night sleep and we will pick another issue and lock them in their chambers the next day and have them work that one out.

Bet it would not take long for these idiots on both sides of the aisle to get the picture

GrassrootsConservative
10-06-2013, 03:32 AM
They are both wrong, but I think the Democrat senate is more wrong because they are trying to force an agreement using police stationed at national parks and monuments to make life hell for everyone. Also earlier last week the senate rejected a bill from house Republicans that would have delayed the shutdown for awhile.

/Edit:

give the a bucket to go to the bathroom and PBJ's for breakfast lunch and Dinner

No no no, PBJs are too tasty. Give them bread and butter.

Ma60
10-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Neither, that is shy you discuss and debate and come to an agreement. It is time that the people make them sit back in their seats in the house and Senate, give the a bucket to go to the bathroom and PBJ's for breakfast lunch and Dinner

When the come to an agreement, then they can go home for a good night sleep and we will pick another issue and lock them in their chambers the next day and have them work that one out.

Bet it would not take long for these idiots on both sides of the aisle to get the picture

Agree!
Saltines and water should be good enough. Bread and butter is getting expensive.

Axiomatic
10-06-2013, 06:05 AM

Agree!
Saltines and water should be good enough. Bread and butter is getting expensive.

I think it's a terrible idea. It's a good idea if you want your government to go into overdrive and do a lot more than it's already been doing.

Germanicus
10-06-2013, 06:10 AM
One thing is for sure. If you do not agree with establishment Republicans or establishment Democrats then you are somewhat of an extremist.

So it cant be neither. One of them must be correct right?

Mainecoons
10-06-2013, 06:32 AM
Neither.

The above article started off with "Tom DeLay didn't break Washington, but he's a living symbol of what broke it."

And that is precisely correct. Yet, Republicans blame everything on Obama and Democrats blame everything on Bush.

If you expect partisan politics out of me, you expect the wrong thing.

I suggest Obama and Bush are among the worst presidents in history. I also suggest the congressional approval rating of 19% (http://www.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx) is that low for a reason: Spending is out of control, and both political parties are to blame.

Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/10/pragmatic-look-at-debt-ceiling-debate.html#yTfqcRIy5JHVGcyg.99

I bolded the part above. I couldn't agree more with this statement. I get mad as hell every time I see something with Bush's name on it. It simply confirms how terminally stupid neocons are.

Green Arrow
10-06-2013, 06:40 AM
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/madisonny723/Adams-On-Political-Parties.jpg

AmazonTania
10-06-2013, 08:09 AM
Who is right about what? You're asking such a vague question...

Which ever side makes me more money at the end of the day is more right.

Captain Obvious
10-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Blogger alert

http://mikezaman.com/

Common
10-06-2013, 09:33 AM
The american people are answering this question in every Poll. Gop support from women is erroding and is worse than it was pre 2012.
Whether you like Obamacare or not and I do not the way it was written it is the law of the land. This senseless posturing by the teaparty far right knowing they cannot stop obamacare has made them out to be smacked ass' to americans
The teaparty believes they are strong. They only have little pockets of support across the country. They didnt win the house on their far right principles. They won the house because of Nancy Pelosi's glaring gloating face while ramming obamacare down americas throat, that gave them the house. That is no longer their ace in the hole. Now they look like far right lunatic activists that dont care what damage they do to average americans to assure the rich get to keep all their money under the guise its about obamacare.

Chris
10-06-2013, 10:38 AM
By Mike Zaman

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4189&d=1381042604

Who's right, Democrats or Republicans? Tell me your thoughts

http://i.snag.gy/PALqr.jpg

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 10:39 AM
The american people are answering this question in every Poll. Gop support from women is erroding and is worse than it was pre 2012.
Whether you like Obamacare or not and I do not the way it was written it is the law of the land. This senseless posturing by the teaparty far right knowing they cannot stop obamacare has made them out to be smacked ass' to americans
The teaparty believes they are strong. They only have little pockets of support across the country. They didnt win the house on their far right principles. They won the house because of Nancy Pelosi's glaring gloating face while ramming obamacare down americas throat, that gave them the house. That is no longer their ace in the hole. Now they look like far right lunatic activists that dont care what damage they do to average americans to assure the rich get to keep all their money under the guise its about obamacare.

Why do most people not even understand there's a shutdown?

Wishful thinking. Americans are by and large apathetic. Indignation fatigue from 6 years of hyperpartisanism has made them turn off.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 10:41 AM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185234_567485646649565_1637319258_n.png

Mainecoons
10-06-2013, 10:43 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm glad you joined this board, Alyosha!

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 10:44 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm glad you joined this board, Alyosha!

Thank you. :) Some are not, I'm sure.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 10:44 AM
It's pretty much both and Obama needs to go back in because we don't have a king here and he needs to compromise or work with them. Who's fault I don't care but do about the American people. This is not a joke and peoples lives are at stake.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 10:47 AM
I think it's incredibly sad when a nutty, conspiracy theorist ex-wrestler has it right:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1381444_10151926070104776_579760862_n.jpg

Axiomatic
10-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Aren't we paying for them to do extra work like put up barriers around stone and make sure people don't go in the ocean?

sky dancer
10-06-2013, 12:17 PM
What's not right is for both sides to be so inflexible.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Aren't we paying for them to do extra work like put up barriers around stone and make sure people don't go in the ocean? That is opening the eyes of many.

KC
10-06-2013, 12:20 PM
In the moral sense of the word, neither party is right. Neither party is correct. The only sense in which either party is right is that the Republican party is to the right of the Democratic party.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 12:20 PM
This is what Democrats are pushing, and somehow they are seen as the more compassionate of the two parties. What a joke.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1000017_10151868437439776_268454384_n.jpg

Johnson (D) Bush Sr (R) Clinton (D) Bush (R) Obama (D)

War mongers and death dealers all of them.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 12:27 PM
We really need to be careful with Iran before we have to go to war with them. I don't want to see a war but we can't give them but so much.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 12:27 PM
We really need to be careful with Iran before we have to go to war with them. I don't want to see a war but we can't give them but so much.

Why do you believe Iran wants to hurt us?

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Why do you believe Iran wants to hurt us? They already have missiles to hit Israel and if we give them more they will have it to hit us. This new president is not in control and he is using a nice effect but what we are not looking at is how many people are jailed and killed there every year. They send out people to kill westerners and Christians and we know this but it rarely hits the news. The last thing I want is a war with them. They have a right to nuclear energy but I don't trust them to have nuclear weapons. This is why I say be careful because I don't hate them just don't trust the ones in charge.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 12:44 PM
They already have missiles to hit Israel and if we give them more they will have it to hit us. This new president is not in control and he is using a nice effect but what we are not looking at is how many people are jailed and killed there every year. They send out people to kill westerners and Christians and we know this but it rarely hits the news. The last thing I want is a war with them. They have a right to nuclear energy but I don't trust them to have nuclear weapons. This is why I say be careful because I don't hate them just don't trust the ones in charge.

None of this shows me that they are dangerous. China has missiles that can hit the US, too. So does Russia. Should we be making motions towards them?

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 12:47 PM
None of this shows me that they are dangerous. China has missiles that can hit the US, too. So does Russia. Should we be making motions towards them? That's a opinion, I don't trust Russia or China either. No we shouldn't cause a war but should make sure we are protected. There are different stages to making a bomb, cut them off on some stages.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Both parties are complete garbage, and aren't even that different from each other.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 12:58 PM
Both parties are complete garbage, and aren't even that different from each other.
The Xl

I love you. :) May I use this in my signature line?

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:01 PM
@The Xl (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=865)

I love you. :) May I use this in my signature line?

For sure, absolutely.

sky dancer
10-06-2013, 01:01 PM

Both parties are dysfunctional. I wouldn't call them garbage. They're composed of human beings who are paralyzed by all the special interests they kow tow to.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:02 PM
The fly in my room has more of a chance of hurting me then Iran does the US.

Some of you guys need to turn your damn TVs off. All of these asshole politicians and analysts, experts, whatever, are all full of shit.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Both parties are dysfunctional. I wouldn't call them garbage. They're composed of human beings who are paralyzed by all the special interests they kow tow to.

You're kinder and more trusting then because decent people of honor and integrity wouldn't sell out their fellow humans once Goldman Sachs starts calling.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:04 PM

Ergo, they are garbage motivated solely by their personal gain.

sky dancer
10-06-2013, 01:04 PM
You're kinder and more trusting then because decent people of honor and integrity wouldn't sell out their fellow humans once Goldman Sachs starts calling.
Most of them start out as decent people and then they become corrupted because they're continually campaigning to keep themselves in office.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Most of them start out as decent people and then they become corrupted because they're continually campaigning to keep themselves in office.

I'd say it's more like 1/10 are decent people, the rest are just a bunch of asshole, know-it-all-lawyers like me. :D

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 01:09 PM
The fly in my room has more of a chance of hurting me then Iran does the US.

Some of you guys need to turn your damn TVs off. All of these asshole politicians and analysts, experts, whatever, are all full of shit. All I have to do is watch overseas myself.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 01:11 PM
All I have to do is watch overseas myself.

Self-preservation keeps everyone from using nuclear missiles.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:12 PM
All I have to do is watch overseas myself.

You trust these corrupt asshats to give you the truth? They're just concerned with taking your rights away and giving your money to the military industrial complex and bankers.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 01:14 PM
You trust these corrupt asshats to give you the truth? They're just concerned with taking your rights away and giving your money to the military industrial complex and bankers. No I talk to people who live there.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 01:14 PM
You trust these corrupt asshats to give you the truth? They're just concerned with taking your rights away and giving your money to the military industrial complex and bankers.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1234808_10151861048334776_2063262204_n.jpg

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:16 PM
No I talk to people who live there.

Where? Iran?

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 01:17 PM
Where? Iran? Yes, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Egypt, ect.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Egypt, ect.

How would a regular citizen in said countries be privy to the true intentions of the Iranian government?

Chris
10-06-2013, 01:28 PM

If we eliminate the garbage lobbying special interests of big corporations rent seeking favors from both parties, we are still left with politicians who are supposed to represent their constituents and an American people who are divided on the issues, so are they truly dysfunctional or fulfilling the contentious nature designed into the very fabric of our government with checks and balances?

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 01:31 PM
How would a regular citizen in said countries be privy to the true intentions of the Iranian government? They are just like us. I have Russian friends and Chinese friends. Even they don't trust the government. They see things we don't see in the news. Will they publicly go against them, no because they still have family there and still visit.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:36 PM
They are just like us. I have Russian friends and Chinese friends. Even they don't trust the government. They see things we don't see in the news. Will they publicly go against them, no because they still have family there and still visit.

While I'm sure Iran dislikes us, that doesn't mean they'd attack us. That would be certain suicide.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 01:51 PM
While I'm sure Iran dislikes us, that doesn't mean they'd attack us. That would be certain suicide. Are you that sure? I am not.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Are you that sure? I am not.

Why would they risk an attack when they would be obliterated during the retaliation?

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Why would they risk an attack when they would be obliterated during the retaliation?
The same reason they have people that will blow themselves up.

Alyosha
10-06-2013, 02:02 PM

You don't see a lot of Persian suicide bombers. Not their culture.

Green Arrow
10-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Whether you like Obamacare or not and I do not the way it was written it is the law of the land.

And? I really, REALLY hate this argument. It's total bullshit. Slavery was the law of the land, should we have just given up fighting against it? Give me a break.

Green Arrow
10-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Iranians don't have suicide bombers. The suicide bombers all come from places like Afghanistan, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia.

The Xl
10-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Their is nothing indicating that Iran would sacrifice themselves as a nation to attack the US.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Iranians don't have suicide bombers. The suicide bombers all come from places like Afghanistan, Yemen, and Saudi Arabia. Well I hear they sent some out and I believe them. They also have some pastors in jail. I trust the ones over there.

Green Arrow
10-06-2013, 02:37 PM
They already have missiles to hit Israel and if we give them more they will have it to hit us. This new president is not in control and he is using a nice effect but what we are not looking at is how many people are jailed and killed there every year. They send out people to kill westerners and Christians and we know this but it rarely hits the news. The last thing I want is a war with them. They have a right to nuclear energy but I don't trust them to have nuclear weapons. This is why I say be careful because I don't hate them just don't trust the ones in charge.

Except Christianity and Judaism are two of only four protected religions in Iran, the other two being Islam and Zoroastrianism. All three minority religions have permanent seats on the Iranian parliament, the only non-Muslim religions to have such recognition. This whole "Iran is out to murder Christians and Jews" thing is nothing but media propaganda.

Green Arrow
10-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Well I hear they sent some out and I believe them. They also have some pastors in jail. I trust the ones over there.

It's called hearsay. The facts say otherwise.

KC
10-06-2013, 02:48 PM
And? I really, REALLY hate this argument. It's total bullshit. Slavery was the law of the land, should we have just given up fighting against it? Give me a break.

Exactly. Just because the government legislates something doesn't make it right. If the opposite were true liberals would be telling us all to stop complaining about the Patriot Act, the NDAA of 2011, the majority opinion in Citizens United, subsidies to big oil and big agriculture, etc.

Peter1469
10-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Their is nothing indicating that Iran would sacrifice themselves as a nation to attack the US.

The Shia extremist view of the end times includes the concept that man's action can speed up the End. Some of the past religious leaders in Iran have said that they would destroy Israel (if they had nukes) even if it meant that most of the Iranian people would be killed by the response.

The question is who in Iran would have control over any future nukes.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 03:03 PM
The Shia extremist view of the end times includes the concept that man's action can speed up the End. Some of the past religious leaders in Iran have said that they would destroy Israel (if they had nukes) even if it meant that most of the Iranian people would be killed by the response.

The question is who in Iran would have control over any future nukes. Exactly, most Christians are not willing to speed it up but there are extremist that would even in ours.

Peter1469
10-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Exactly, most Christians are not willing to speed it up but there are extremist that would even in ours.

I believe that the Sunni extremists think that the End times are set and can't be changed by man's actions.

roadmaster
10-06-2013, 03:32 PM
I believe that the Sunni extremists think that the End times are set and can't be changed by man's actions. I believe many Christians feel the same.

Peter1469
10-06-2013, 05:11 PM
I believe many Christians feel the same.

I think that some groups do think that an attack on Israel could trigger the end times- so some want the US to protect Israel (to keep End times away) and some would like to see it, to get the End times going.

It has been years since I looked into this stuff.

I personally think that the Book of Revelations was written in metaphor and described the Roman sacking of the Second Temple in ~70AD and the resulting scattering of the Jews. 4 Roman legions, the V, VII, XV and X pretty much laid waste....