PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing words from a Republican?

Ravi
10-07-2013, 02:32 PM
WASHINGTON— Rep. Lee Terry won't be collecting a paycheck during the government shutdown after all.

The Omaha Republican announced Sunday that he was reversing course and asking to have his paychecks withheld until furloughed federal workers once again receive their checks.
Terry also issued a full apology for comments he made to The World-Herald last week (http://www.omaha.com/article/20131004/NEWS/131009431/) that tore across the Internet and were picked up by national news organizations.
“The other day I made a statement that I would put my needs above others in crisis,” Terry said in his Sunday statement. “I'm ashamed of my comments. It was not leadership. It is not how I was raised. It is not the nature of my character. It is not what I want to teach my sons. I apologize for my hurtful remarks when so many others are feeling the pain of Washington's dysfunction.”
http://www.omaha.com/article/20131006/NEWS/131009086/1685#lee-terry-apologizes-for-putting-his-needs-above-others

I'm cynical enough to believe that he's covering his ass but just in case he's sincere, kudos.

Common
10-07-2013, 02:35 PM
For anyone that reads Conservative, more democrat like huffpost and moderate independent sites, they know that republicans are taking heat in their districts. Anyone that denies that fact is either being disengenuous or only reads right wing whacko sites.

Cigar
10-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Replundercan Lee Terry NE 2nd District apology for going viral

Terry also issued a full apology for comments he made to The World-Herald last week that tore across the Internet and were picked up by national news organizations.

“The other day I made a statement that I would put my needs above others in crisis,” Terry said in his Sunday statement. “I'm ashamed of my comments. It was not leadership. It is not how I was raised. It is not the nature of my character. It is not what I want to teach my sons. I apologize for my hurtful remarks when so many others are feeling the pain of Washington's dysfunction.”

Terry was referring to his response when asked whether he would continue collecting pay during the shutdown. Terry told The World-Herald: “Dang straight.”

Asked about the more than 100 House and Senate members who had announced that they would either have their paychecks withheld during the shutdown or donate their pay to charity, Terry said, “Whatever gets them good press. That's all it's going to be. God bless them. But you know what? I've got a nice house and a kid in college, and I'll tell you we cannot handle it. Giving our paycheck away when you still worked and earned it? That's just not going to fly.”

http://www.omaha.com/article/20131006/NEWS/131009086/1685#lee-terry-apologizes-for-putting-his-needs-above-others

:rollseyes: Please Please Please don't Vote me out

GrassrootsConservative
10-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry you won't get your checks any more for awhile, whiny little Liberal piggies.

Here's a tissue for your tear-lined cheeks.

/Edit: Maybe next time don't be dependent on something that is $16 trillion in debt and reaching a point where the rest of the country can't afford to support your lazy asses.