PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare is here. Get used to it.

Cigar
10-08-2013, 12:07 PM
While Republicans were throwing their silly tantrum, Obamacare became a fact. There is no turning back.

The point of no return was reached when millions of people crashed the Web sites of the new Affordable Care Act exchanges while trying to buy health insurance. Republicans can fight rear-guard battles if they want, but last Tuesday they lost the war. All they can do at this point is harm the nation — and their political prospects.

…..
Medicare guaranteed health care for the elderly, Medicaid for the poor. Obamacare begins to fill the remaining gaps. It will get better over time, but already — crashing Web sites and all — it’s a beautiful thing.

Full post here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene-robinson-obamacare-is-here-get-used-to-it/2013/10/07/486dfbe8-2f7e-11e3-bbed-a8a60c601153_story.html?hpid=z3

:grin:

keymanjim
10-08-2013, 12:24 PM
They said the same thing about slavery and segregation.

Where are they now?

Cthulhu
10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
While Republicans were throwing their silly tantrum, Obamacare became a fact. There is no turning back.

The point of no return was reached when millions of people crashed the Web sites of the new Affordable Care Act exchanges while trying to buy health insurance. Republicans can fight rear-guard battles if they want, but last Tuesday they lost the war. All they can do at this point is harm the nation — and their political prospects.

…..
Medicare guaranteed health care for the elderly, Medicaid for the poor. Obamacare begins to fill the remaining gaps. It will get better over time, but already — crashing Web sites and all — it’s a beautiful thing.

Full post here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/eugene-robinson-obamacare-is-here-get-used-to-it/2013/10/07/486dfbe8-2f7e-11e3-bbed-a8a60c601153_story.html?hpid=z3

Where are they now?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM4Ay4xTvXbXppZu9WtfcLejNcDhINA HrDlZ5l7qW70GQkjViE

jillian
10-08-2013, 01:53 PM

…..

the funny thing is if they hadn't thrown their little temper tantrum, the crashing of the sites would have been the story...

but now? not so much.

Cthulhu
10-08-2013, 01:54 PM
I wonder how many cases of Identity fraud will erupt from their inept servers?

Not to mention the low paid window lickers handling such sensitive information - the potential for fraud is staggering.

nic34
10-08-2013, 01:59 PM

Not to mention the low paid window lickers handling such sensitive information - the potential for fraud is staggering.

Yeah, better not get a drivers license either....

roadmaster
10-08-2013, 01:59 PM

You know many were compromised while trying to sign up for Obamacare as reported. I wouldn't suggest anyone trying now.

Cthulhu
10-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Yeah, better not get a drivers license either....

As per the law they are not required unless you are doing commercial activity. I plan on not renewing mine as well when it lapses.

Don't believe me? Google case laws and find out for yourself.

Cthulhu
10-08-2013, 02:03 PM
You know many were compromised while trying to sign up for Obamacare as reported. I wouldn't suggest anyone trying now.

From personal experience, I can tell you that government run databases are not secure.

jillian
10-08-2013, 02:06 PM

how many emanate from hospital records being online now?
how many emanate from banking records being online now?

they'll have to protect against it like they do everything else you put your personal information into and will have to be HIPAA compliant.

you shop online? they have your info.
you have EZpass? they have your info.

Cthulhu
10-08-2013, 02:10 PM
how many emanate from hospital records being online now?
how many emanate from banking records being online now?

they'll have to protect against it like they do everything else you put your personal information into and will have to be HIPAA compliant.

you shop online? they have your info.
you have EZpass? they have your info.

When ineptitude has no penalty, it has no reason to improve.

The government excuses itself from penalties whenever possible, thus it rarely improves.

Private sector has things locked up much better - because people will take their business elsewhere if they keep having problems with info leaked.

Plus you can sue a private company, good luck suing the government.

Cigar
10-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Where are they now?

Can we revisit the question for you to directly answer and account for ... say around 23 weeks from now?

Deal?

Are you in?

Can we count on you manning up?

Cigar
10-08-2013, 02:34 PM

You do know the Government isn't Running the Health Care ... right?

patrickt
10-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Pedophilia is here. Get used to it. AIDS is here, get used to it. But Obamacare is more like diarrhea. It's here but we don't have to live with it forever.

AmazonTania
10-08-2013, 04:54 PM
We've also gotten use to the way it effects the economy as well.

Cthulhu
10-08-2013, 05:15 PM
You do know the Government isn't Running the Health Care ... right?

Obviously, the government hasn't been in the Health or Caring business for some time now.

Any other obvious facts you wish to put forth?