PDA

View Full Version : Vote now to end shutdown

Ravi
10-09-2013, 01:58 PM
By ABC News' count, at least 219 members (up from 218 Tuesday) say they would support a "clean" measure to extend all government funding without other conditions attached, such as defunding or delaying the president's health care law; 217 of the 432 members is the threshold needed to pass the measure. (Three seats are vacant.)

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bare-house-majority-inches-clean-government-funding/story?id=20518640&google_editors_picks=true

Why won't Boehner do it? I think he's pretty much screwed either way at this point as to a future in politics.

Captain Obvious
10-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Can I vote to keep it shut down?

jillian
10-09-2013, 02:00 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/bare-house-majority-inches-clean-government-funding/story?id=20518640&google_editors_picks=true

Why won't Boehner do it? I think he's pretty much screwed either way at this point as to a future in politics.

pretty much... but i've heard some opine that it's intentional and they're trying to create an "imperial speakership" because they know they can't win national elections anymore.

Mainecoons
He will cave within a few days. It was really a stupid move, distracting everyone from the ObamaCare mess. Bonehead needs to get out of the way and let the real ObamaCare fun start.

The rest will take care of itself.

I hope you are correct about Bonehead being screwed. He's an idiot IMO.

Ravi
pretty much... but i've heard some opine that it's intentional and they're trying to create an "imperial speakership" because they know they can't win national elections anymore.
What is an imperial speakership?

Cigar
10-09-2013, 02:01 PM
Can I vote to keep it shut down?

Sure ... and can you please go help the Vets and the Memorial :grin:

Cigar
10-09-2013, 02:02 PM
He will cave within a few days. It was really a stupid move, distracting everyone from the ObamaCare mess. Bonehead needs to get out of the way and let the real ObamaCare fun start.

The rest will take care of itself.

I hope you are correct about Bonehead being screwed. He's an idiot IMO.

//Archive// {dinner will be served in 23 weeks}

Captain Obvious
10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Sure ... and can you please go help the Vets and the Memorial :grin:

Typical liberal.

Shut him off from other people's money so then he goes after other peoples time.

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 02:15 PM

A figment of a mind whose partisan hacksmanship has taken over all the brain cells.

:grin:

Ravi
10-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Found it!

It means that the Speaker of the U S House of Representatives rules in an arbitrary and capricious manner.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111211154119AAdn3Zs

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Looks like we have a lot of Imperials in D.C. these days.

That's a great description of how Reid and Obama operate as well.

Maybe we could get all three to go on vacation or something, get them out of town somehow.

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Oh, BTW Ravi, in your usual fashion you left out the rest of the story from your link.

Sure. "We have to pass this bill so you can find out what is in it." Speaker Nancy Pelosi about the "Affordable Health Care" bill [Obamacare]

:rofl:

Ravi
10-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Oh, BTW Ravi, in your usual fashion you left out the rest of the story from your link.

:rofl:[/FONT][/COLOR]
I wanted to give you something to do. And yes, it's cute when you're against one party doing it but not the other.

Green Arrow
10-09-2013, 02:39 PM
No.

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 05:46 PM
I wanted to give you something to do. And yes, it's cute when you're against one party doing it but not the other.

You're not cute when you lie about me. Either you are so retarded you have managed to miss all the posts I've put up here lambasting Boehner and the Republicans for their part in this or you just think you can lie here and not get caught.

Aside from the fact that both scenarios reaffirm your seeming inability to learn from experience, the reality is that when you lie here you get caught. Pretty much every time.

You might want to try something new.

Green Arrow
10-09-2013, 05:47 PM
You're not cute when you lie about me. Either you are so retarded you have managed to miss all the posts I've put up here lambasting Boehner and the Republicans for this part in this or you just think you can lie here and not get caught.

Aside from the fact that the latter reaffirms your seeming inability to learn from experience, the reality is that when you lie here you get caught. Pretty much every time.

The problems I've found with partisans is that they seem to think everyone else also views the world through the partisan lenses.

Codename Section
10-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Found it!

It means that the Speaker of the U S House of Representatives rules in an arbitrary and capricious manner.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111211154119AAdn3Zs

So we have an Imperial President now, too. Figures.

Ravi
10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
You're not cute when you lie about me. Either you are so retarded you have managed to miss all the posts I've put up here lambasting Boehner and the Republicans for their part in this or you just think you can lie here and not get caught.

Aside from the fact that both scenarios reaffirm your seeming inability to learn from experience, the reality is that when you lie here you get caught. Pretty much every time.

Yeah I have seen you criticize boner. That doesn't change the fact that you're a hack

Green Arrow
10-09-2013, 05:59 PM
Yeah I have seen you criticize boner. That doesn't change the fact that you're a hack

http://medicalhumour.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/irony-its-everywhere.jpg?w=914

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 06:59 PM

And you are a constantly exposed liar.

:grin:

jillian
10-09-2013, 07:09 PM

basically where the speaker runs everything and has unlimited power... what they wanted in the presidency... when they had it

Green Arrow
10-09-2013, 07:11 PM
basically where the speaker runs everything and has unlimited power... what they wanted in the presidency... when they had it

Like Obama hasn't tried that at all. Even fellow Democrats have chided him for taking too much power on himself.

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 07:13 PM

Pelosi was a lot better at it than Bonehead.

GrassrootsConservative
10-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Like Obama hasn't tried that at all. Even fellow Democrats have chided him for taking too much power on himself.

It's not wrong now that he does it. He's G-d so he can do what he wants.