PDA

View Full Version : Repuplicans hit record low

Ravi
10-09-2013, 02:41 PM
Only 28 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of the Republican Party, according to findings from Gallup (http://www.gallup.com/poll/165317/republican-party-favorability-sinks-record-low.aspx) released Wednesday.

That number represents a nadir for either party since Gallup began asking the question in 1992 and a 10-point drop for the GOP from a month ago. Sixty-two percent said they have an unfavorable opinion of the Republican Party.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gallup-gop-favorability-plunges-to-record-low

:kiss:

Chris
10-09-2013, 02:47 PM
And now for the rest of the story...

http://i.snag.gy/64JOB.jpg

Chris
10-09-2013, 02:48 PM
This is not surprising considering Sixty Percent of Americans Feel the Federal Government is Too Powerful (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/17413-Sixty-Percent-of-Americans-Feel-the-Federal-Government-is-Too-Powerful).

Ravi
10-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for showing us that over time Democrats are viewed more favorably. When Cruz takes over the Republicans are doomed.

patrickt
10-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Oh my god, the Republicans are doomed again. Personally, I'm no happier with fiscally liberal Republicans than I am with the psychotic leftists in the Democrat Party.

I find pollsters almost as impressive as the liberal media, the global warming computer models, and the OWS folks.

Of course, Republicans may or may not have hit record lows in a Gallup poll but the Democrats have hit record lows in all sorts of way in the last few days.

GrassrootsConservative
10-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks for showing us that over time Democrats are viewed more favorably. When Cruz takes over the Republicans are doomed.

Well it's sad that you guys aren't doing any better considering that you have all except one MSM station rooting and reporting biased crap in your favor. You ought to be at 80-90% if your politicians weren't such critical failures.

Alyosha
10-09-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2013/10/07/fox-news-poll-results-majority-would-vote-against-raising-debt-ceiling/

The poll (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2013/10/07/fox-news-poll-results-majority-would-vote-against-raising-debt-ceiling/), which measured responses from 952 registered voters, found that 58 percent would vote against raising the Federal debt ceiling if they were in Congress, while only 37 would vote in favor of the hike.

Then AP's famous poll

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=230635128

*Note I use one lib and one con for balance

Among the survey's findings:
— Sixty-eight percent said the shutdown is a major problem for the country, including majorities of Republicans (58 percent), Democrats (82 percent) and independents (57 percent).

— Fifty-two percent said Obama is not doing enough to cooperate with Republicans to end the shutdown; 63 percent say Republicans aren't doing enough to cooperate with him.

— Republicans are split on just how much cooperation they want. Among those who do not back the tea party, fully 48 percent say their party should be doing more with Obama to find a solution. But only 15 percent of tea-party Republicans want that outreach. The vast majority of them say GOP leaders are doing what they should with the president, or should do even less with him.

— People seem conflicted or confused about the showdown over the debt limit. Six in 10 predict an economic crisis if the government's ability to borrow isn't renewed later this month with an increase in the debt limit — an expectation widely shared by economists. Yet only 30 percent say they support raising the limit; 46 percent were neutral on the question.

49% blame Obama, and 49% also blame Democrats for the shutdown

AmazonTania
10-09-2013, 04:06 PM

What's the purpose of being more favorable if you're not more effective?

Alyosha
10-09-2013, 04:32 PM
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gallup-gop-favorability-plunges-to-record-low

Before you have a party over this, did you look at Gallup's questions and how they came up with this number?

Alyosha
10-09-2013, 04:34 PM
What's the purpose of being more favorable if you're not more effective?

They asked about "people in the news" then aggregated it. If we're all honest about Americans and how much the random person you call knows about politics we can't even be sure the accuracy of this.

The question wasn't: Do you like Republicans? Yes/No Do you like Democrats? Yes/No

Specific people were called and chances are people didn't even know their names, depending on the area they queried.

AmazonTania
10-09-2013, 04:36 PM
You don't have to tell me. Polls are generally meaningless. The only types of people who places all this faith in them are people who treat these things as a contest or a game.

KC
10-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Now if only Americans would come to understand that the Democrats are just as against them as Republicans...

Alyosha
10-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Now if only Americans would come to understand that the Democrats are just as against them as Republicans...

Won't happen.

The Democrats pwn/own the media, now more than ever with Eric Holder like a pitbull on a leash in front of them. The programs slant to the left outside of Fox.

Oddly the formerly dubbed "Communist News Network" is one of the least biased networks. ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC might as well bring tissues with them to the White House with all the fellating they do.

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 04:48 PM
It was obvious from the get go that this was a stupid move by the Republicans. The deck is always stacked against them because of the media and that is true more than ever with this POTUS.

Not to mention the fact that strategically it was stupid as well. What did they expect Obama to do, allow them to gut his signature achievement?

The really pitiful thing is that ObamaCare will gut itself if left to happen.

What I would have done in their place is insist that the law be fully implemented as written with no waivers. And funded it.

And then sit back and watch the fun in time for the next election.

Thanks to the stupidity of the House, the Republicans won't be handed the Senate by ObamaCare.

Ravi
10-09-2013, 06:01 PM
I don't doubt that for a minute. But even so they will give us more the repukes ever will

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 06:03 PM
And that is what is important, having them "give" you something.

OK

Cigar
10-09-2013, 06:06 PM

Not low enough, the bottom of my shoe is still clean. :)

GrassrootsConservative
10-09-2013, 06:06 PM

OK

That's why we're so far in debt.

Ravi
10-09-2013, 06:10 PM

OK
Protection re civil rights...absolutely.

Codename Section
10-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Protection re civil rights...absolutely.

^^What's wrong with America. No one gives you "civil rights" you are born with them.

jillian
10-09-2013, 06:14 PM
^^What's wrong with America. No one gives you "civil rights" you are born with them.

and if government doesn't enforce them, they don't exist.

ask the japanese internees during WWII or the guys at gizmo

jillian
10-09-2013, 06:21 PM
And now for the rest of the story...

http://i.snag.gy/64JOB.jpg

the precipitous drop is the shutdown...

and she told the story. she provided the link

BB-35
10-09-2013, 06:22 PM

Wrong....you STILL have the rights,even though they are denied

Rights are NOT dependent on any government for their existense

Codename Section
10-09-2013, 06:23 PM

Bullshit.

The government robbed them of their civil rights and can do it again. It is up to people to assert them so that the government cannot rob them.

The Civil Rights movement was people asserting them, defying the government, and the government giving in and putting into writing/law that people had them.

Dr. Who
10-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Wrong....you STILL have the rights,even though they are denied

Rights are NOT dependent on any government for their existense

No but moot point and pyrrhic victory are terms that come to mind in such instances where rights have been denied and people have died or lost everything trying to overcome arbitrary laws and legislation.

jillian
10-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Bullshit.

like i said. i'm sure the japanese internees and gitmo residents might have another perspective.

The government robbed them of their civil rights and can do it again. It is up to people to assert them so that the government cannot rob them.

so if there were no government to interfere all would be well and beautiful for minorities.

i'd suggest that the native americans might tell you otherwise and that whole "no government" thing is highly overrated.

The Civil Rights movement was people asserting them, defying the government, and the government giving in and putting into writing/law that people had them.

because their activism forced society to change and made government enforce their rights... which they still, interestingly enough, need to fight for..or they'd be violated. (see rightwing court decision on voters rights act).

Codename Section
10-09-2013, 06:48 PM
like i said. i'm sure the japanese internees and gitmo residents might have another perspective.

They should have asserted them and tested the will of the government to enforce them in the same way Dr. King did.

so if there were no government to interfere all would be well and beautiful for minorities.

Yes, because there wouldn't have been laws in the first place to enslave them or laws in the first place to prevent them from sitting in the front of the bus.

Did you miss the "law" in Jim Crow Laws? Or the Supreme Court that told Mr. Plessy: sucks to be you, dude?

You want to give government a free pass for fixing its own mistakes, but make no mistake it was the law that hurt people to begin with.

i'd suggest that the native americans might tell you otherwise and that whole "no government" thing is highly overrated.

I had two Navaho in my division who also caught the bug. They agree with me. And by the way, it was the government who declared war on the native Americans.

:) ^^government again.

because their activism forced society to change and made government enforce their rights... which they still, interestingly enough, need to fight for..or they'd be violated. (see rightwing court decision on voters rights act).

And their activism forced laws to be repealed. Did you miss the part about "laws"? Or that those "laws" were upheld by the Supreme Court?

jillian
10-09-2013, 06:50 PM
if the government hadn't enforced their rights... black people would still be property in some places in this country.

if the government hadn't intervened, men would still beat their wives with impunity

if the government didn't intervene, there would still be child labor.

i suppose government created all those circumstances in the first place Codename Section

Mainecoons
10-09-2013, 06:51 PM
Who among us besides our pathological partisans think that any U.S. government going forward is going to abridge civil rights?

Particularly not the Republicans who made it happen in the first place.

The rights I see getting abridged these days are the right to privacy, the right to make a living and the expectation that government will not play favorites.

Perhaps our two pathological partisans see the "right" to commit voter fraud as some sort of civil right?

Or perhaps they view the right to immigrate illegally as a civil right?

Or perhaps they view entitlements as a right.

As for racial "rights" I don't see any lessening of the reverse discrimination and blatant racial favoritism in the Federal government. Quite the contrary.

The day that ends, Cigar will have to stop spending his days polluting this board and actually start working for a living.

Codename Section
10-09-2013, 07:09 PM
if the government hadn't enforced their rights... black people would still be property in some places in this country.

If government hadn't enforced slave owners rights, blacks would have beaten the shit out of them and ran off to start their own colonies.

If government hadn't prevented slave owners from freeing slaves through manumission laws, blacks would have threatened their masters with beating or killing them if they didn't free them and then ran off to form their own colonies.

And we wouldn't still have slavery without the government that caused slavery because there was still this thing called technology which replaced both field workers and auto workers alike.

if the government hadn't intervened, men would still beat their wives with impunity

If government hadn't written laws that said men could beat their wives they wouldn't have had to repeal them later. Nice touch tho' acting like all men beat their wives with impunity or that laws have stopped men from beating their wives.

Still happens. Every day.

If self-defense laws and gun laws didn't prevent women from exerting their natural rights, men wouldn't beat their wives.

if the government didn't intervene, there would still be child labor.

If government didn't make it legal for factories to employ and incentivize the employment of Irish children coming off the boat for the Civil War (both in factories and children were in the Army) then they wouldn't have had to repeal child labor laws.

i suppose government created all those circumstances in the first place @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)

Now, you're catching on. @jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719) :)

KC
10-09-2013, 10:09 PM
I can only assume this is what a "Repuplican" refers to.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/PTGPOD/398769.jpg

Ravi
10-10-2013, 04:51 AM

What part of the words protection re civil rights did you not understand?

GrassrootsConservative
10-10-2013, 05:28 AM

Who do we need to protect our civil rights from besides the government?

Ravi
10-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Republicans.

GrassrootsConservative
10-10-2013, 05:36 AM
Republicans.

They're part of the government :Doh!: . Try again.

patrickt
10-10-2013, 05:36 AM

Poor blacks in the U.S. condemned to stay poor. Poor blacks condemned to attend non-performing schools for the benefit of the union. Poor blacks condemned to live with the constant threat of violence. Poor blacks whose son's are far more likely than than other Americans to die young from violence. What a wonderful record of civil rights for liberals to feel proud of.

Sadly, liberals exist through hatred. They have no policies they can publicly state and have a following. That's why they refuse to have a budget. That's why nonsense like, "We reward our friends and punish our enemies," takes the place of direction. Even President Obama talked endlessly about hope and change and never said what he hoped to change to. He announced he wanted to fundamentally change the U.S. but didn't want to say what it would look like if he did it. Why not? Because even the various demographic groups that the liberals demagogue would resist marching to the showers on his orders.

Cigar
10-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Just like clockwork, whenever the "special" people aren't getting their "special" love ... they revert to their good-old-standby and their history.

You want some sympathy?

Get in line and wait your turn, with all the other "special" people. :tongue:

Change has Come to America :wink: and ain't never going back ... ever.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
We are the change that we seek."
~ Barack Hussein Obama

jillian
10-10-2013, 07:14 AM
They're part of the government :Doh!: . Try again.

they can't control their wingnuts right now. they're a danger until they can and the grownups take charge of the party again.

it's cute to see the koch's suddenly getting all nervous that the economy is going to be crashed by the monster they astroturf'd.

Charles and David Koch, the reticent billionaires who bankroll Republican causes and candidates, have distanced themselves from their favoured party's financial brinkmanship as corporate America reacts with growing horror to the imminent prospect of a US debt default.
Money from Koch sources has supported many conservatives in Congress who have led the charge to shut down the government and breach an imminent debt limit if Barack Obama does not abandon his healthcare reforms.
But the brothers' privately held chemical conglomerate, Koch Industries (http://www.kochind.com/), issued a rare public statement on Wednesday to deny allegations that the pair supported the high-risk strategy, and urged Congress to focus instead on balancing the budget.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/09/koch-brothers-no-involvement-defund-obamacare

patrickt
10-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Can the liberals go lower than holding elderly tourists captive in a closed hotel and then making them travel 2.5 hours on a bus with no bathroom breaks? Of course they can. I have faith in the liberals. The leftwingnuts, in LibSpeak, are in total control of the government and are desperately looking for scapegoats.

Chris
10-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Just like clockwork, whenever the "special" people aren't getting their "special" love ... they revert to their good-old-standby and their history.

You want some sympathy?

Get in line and wait your turn, with all the other "special" people. :tongue:

Change has Come to America :wink: and ain't never going back ... ever.

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
We are the change that we seek."
~ Barack Hussein Obama

What change, I don't see no stinkin' change.

Chris
10-10-2013, 08:50 AM
they can't control their wingnuts right now. they're a danger until they can and the grownups take charge of the party again.

it's cute to see the koch's suddenly getting all nervous that the economy is going to be crashed by the monster they astroturf'd.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/09/koch-brothers-no-involvement-defund-obamacare

So your concept of a good political party is one that takes control, takes charge, marches in lockstep, wears jackboots and brownshirt....

Ravi
10-10-2013, 09:33 AM
I enjoyed seeing this photo in my morning newspaper.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/09/3679928/keys-fishing-guides-protest-closure.html#

Mainecoons
10-10-2013, 09:38 AM
You enjoyed seeing people hurt by Obama's thuggery in your local paper this morning.

Aren't you the nice compassionate liberal.

OK

Ravi
10-10-2013, 09:41 AM
hahahaha! You must not have looked at the picture.

nic34
10-10-2013, 09:43 AM
I enjoyed seeing this photo in my morning newspaper.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/09/3679928/keys-fishing-guides-protest-closure.html#

Some very good working folks do live paycheck to paycheck and need assistance due to no fault of their own.... contrary to what the repubs tell you.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/09/grand-canyon-workers-stranded-without-food-amid-slimdown/

Cigar
10-10-2013, 09:44 AM
http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/BenneC/2013/BenneC20131010_low.jpg

Ravi
10-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Some very good working folks do live paycheck to paycheck and need assistance due to no fault of their own.... contrary to what the repubs tell you.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/09/grand-canyon-workers-stranded-without-food-amid-slimdown/

Yep. What's really interesting to me is that there are a lot of conservatives living in the Keys and they are down their protesting with signs saying GOP open the ENP. They obviously aren't stupid people and realize who shut down the government.

I'm also annoyed at the interruption to lobster season. God help them all if stone crab season is affected.

Chris
10-10-2013, 09:57 AM
You enjoyed seeing people hurt by Obama's thuggery in your local paper this morning.

Aren't you the nice compassionate liberal.

OK

Caption under first photo: "Capt. Steve Friedman and his family were on one of the nearly 150 boats that gathered in waters off Islamorada to protest the closure of their main fishing grounds: Everglades National Park."

Caption under the second photo: "Capt. Matt Bellinger of Bamboo Charters says he has lost about $10,000 in revenue from cancelled trips for the two boats he operates in the government shuttered waters of the Everglades National Park."

Compassionate liberals? Surely you jest! Haha.

Chris
10-10-2013, 09:57 AM

And contrary to what Dems tell you.

Mainecoons
10-10-2013, 10:02 AM
We had nothing of these kinds of reports during the Clinton shut down. It is obvious to anyone but the most deluded partisan fools that Obama's administration has clearly used this shutdown to target and hurt working people and small businesses to the greatest possible degree.

And Ravi, Jillian, Cigar, Marie and Nic are quite proud of this latest Obama "accomplishment."

What the five of you have shown us here is that you are so ideologically and personally warped that you bask in the glow of this thuggery because it is coming from your "side."

I've never participated in a board that has such a shameless cadre of truly disgusting people. You all really are a graphic illustration of what progressivism is all about. Just like all the eugenicists in your ranks whom you celebrate every abortion with.

Puke.

Ravi
10-10-2013, 11:32 AM
http://media.miamiherald.com/smedia/2013/10/09/17/04/1dllex.St.56.jpeg

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/0...-closure.html# (http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/09/3679928/keys-fishing-guides-protest-closure.html#)

GrassrootsConservative
10-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Ignoring the facts doesn't make them any less factual, "Ravi." The Democrats shut down the government with their childish ways of being unwilling to compromise.

Again for emphasis, ignoring the facts doesn't make them any less factual.

patrickt
10-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Ravi is hoping to raise her standards by emulating Cigar. Amazing, poor thing, she's doing the best she can.