PDA

View Full Version : What Happens if Newt Wins Florida

Conley
01-25-2012, 11:53 AM
So Florida is the next Republican Primary, on January 31st.

If Newt wins that, seems to me the race will be wide open. He'll have huge momentum.

The polls I saw ended up not meaning much in NH and especially in SC, where Romney had a double digit lead, but here's the latest from RCP:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Basically it shows Romney and Gingrich in a dead heat.

So, has the media underestimated Newt? Is Romney not the default winner? I thought it was a done deal but now it looks wide open.

Mister D
01-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Curuious to see how that Florida primary goes.

Pendragon
01-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Newt is going to botch it up. I am certain the rich want Mitt.

Mister D
01-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Newt is going to botch it up. I am certain the rich want Mitt.

He certainly is the GOP establishment candidate.

MMC
01-25-2012, 02:03 PM
If Gingrich wins it causes more problems for the GOP. For then, How do you take a guy that can win only 5 states to the Presidency? Because Paul isn't going to drop out and will continue to pick up delegates. Plus Gingrich does not have the organization for any Caucus states. Also No influence with those in Caucus states.

Pendragon
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
One thing is for certain and that is that the Republican quest for the Presidency is a shambles. I am more confident of an Obama victory than ever before.

BOOMSTICK
01-25-2012, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't count your chickens yet. Newt's looking better and better.

Mister D
01-25-2012, 07:13 PM
I would love to see Newt whoop BO in a debate though.

Conley
01-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Now that could have an impact on the voting. I don't know that these GOP debates are, to be honest.

Mister D
01-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Now that could have an impact on the voting. I don't know that these GOP debates are, to be honest.

I'm going to vote for RP in the primary. I will probably vote for Romney if he is the candidate. Getting BO out of office is the priority. Anyway, these debates are meaningless to me. They still speak in soundbites.

Mister D
01-25-2012, 07:42 PM
I agree though. Good performances by Newt will sway some.

Conley
01-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm going to vote for RP in the primary. I will probably vote for Romney if he is the candidate. Getting BO out of office is the priority. Anyway, these debates are meaningless to me. They still speak in soundbites.

It's awesome that you are going to give RP some love. You wacky Libertarian you! :laugh:

Mister D
01-25-2012, 08:12 PM
It's awesome that you are going to give RP some love. You wacky Libertarian you! :laugh:

I'm not a huge fan of RP but the GOP sucks ass. Pardon my French. We need a significant change in direction economically, culturally, and politically. RP is more representative of that than any of the other candidates.

MMC
01-25-2012, 11:10 PM
I feel the same way D.....Paul may not win. But he will win the platform. Then begins the the bid to take the GOP back to what they started as. Republicans.....not conservatives!

Still the World of Media must be dealt with next and foremost. As they are the ones influencing these elections. Living off them and playing the American People.

Conley
01-25-2012, 11:12 PM
I feel the same way D.....Paul may not win. But he will win the platform. Then begins the the bid to take the GOP back to what they started as. Republicans.....not conservatives!

Still the World of Media must be dealt with next and foremost. As they are the ones influencing these elections. Living off them and playing the American People.

Traditional media is dying. A whole generation is growing up without newspapers or magazines -- kids who are in their twenties now. That's why the government is fighting for control of the internet. If they don't get it then I think they will have a much harder time controlling the message the way they used to.

MMC
01-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Well until the Likes of the pundits from CNN, ABC, CBS, MSDNC, and Fox are moved out of the box nothing will change. It' time for Americans to go after the World of Media. Their hosts, their Reporters, their journalists, and their prime-time faces. Leave no stone unturned. Destroy their livelyhood permanently and send them to the ranks of actually working a job.

Time to dig up all their skeletons and start running them out of the business.

Especially all the ones that have Worked for Politicans, want to be a politican-but know they can never win an election. As well as all the activits reporters. Like Ed Schultz, Rachael Maddow, Al Sharptones, etc etc.

Conley
01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
True but no one under 35 watches those channels. Of course no one under 35 votes either...but when those 35 year olds are 55 will they be watching CNN or Fox News? Or will they be getting their news from Google and Facebook?

MMC
01-26-2012, 12:26 AM
Well for the Obama election the first time round.....up here in Chicago. U would have been surprised with all the Street people that voted for Obama. Bangers and the like. I had never seen it that way before with street people.

This time round.....it will be different. Especially with the street people believing he is nothing different than the rest. He has lost the Bangers, Rappers, and is fast losing all the comedians too.

Moreover black people have learned he isn't doing anything for them.

wingrider
01-26-2012, 12:42 AM
to be honest here I think the republicans had better get their ship on course on they better do it quick, this backbiting , mudslinging and the disaray the party is in right now is giving Obama an edge, the Republicans are going to have an uphill battle trying to overcome the one gift that Obama has and that is his ability to deliver Speeches that though have little substance the tone and the delivery leave little doubt as to whom the best speaker is. The Republicans have to come up with something of substance that is going to UNITE people in a way that is good for the country or they are going to lose this election .. right now the republican field is made up of a bunch of people who don't act like they want the job to help America they just want to get Obama out of office,, Sorry but I don't think that is a good enough reason to Vote for them I want to see a platform of what they are willing to do to turn this country around and fix this mess and so far I have seen nothing except infighting and mudslingling. Is there anyone running that has a clue as to what it is going to take, Just beating Obama isn't good enough .

enough with the Rhetoric lets see some real goals and problem solving .

MMC
01-26-2012, 01:23 AM
Wish Ron Paul was his Son.....but Ron is doing what he needs to. Especially to pave the way for his kid. Now all across the Nation will know of Rand Paul. Even with the making of his own headlines. Seeing him work with Coburn, Ryan, Kirk, and his father. Shows the new beginnings. Especially with all he is touching in the Senate. Even giving McCain and Graham their props yet while stealing their thunder. Moreover Rand Paul appeals to young Republicans and is starting to all across the country. Common sense and morals with decency in keeping with the Constitution!

With the Way the media is now.....Gingrich should be calling out the President to debate him now. Get it done and out of the way. Gingrich knows Paul won't back him so he has no chance! Only way is if he could land slide Romney. Thats not going to happen with the GOP establishment going with Romney. There are quite a few Congressmen that Gingrich has rubbed the wrong way to boot. Plus we know endorsement don't win elections. But in the end the Southern Cons, Neo-Cons, and Moderates will go with Romney.

I think once Santorium drops out that then all the rest of the Cons slide over with Romney. More than likely as the opposition to Obama but at least a family man with values and some tradition. As Gingrich cannot be trusted!

Mister D
01-26-2012, 09:07 AM

If Paul does well his ideas do well. That's how I see it. It's the same perspective I have on the National Front and similar parties.

Conley
01-26-2012, 09:58 AM
to be honest here I think the republicans had better get their ship on course on they better do it quick, this backbiting , mudslinging and the disaray the party is in right now is giving Obama an edge, the Republicans are going to have an uphill battle trying to overcome the one gift that Obama has and that is his ability to deliver Speeches that though have little substance the tone and the delivery leave little doubt as to whom the best speaker is. The Republicans have to come up with something of substance that is going to UNITE people in a way that is good for the country or they are going to lose this election .. right now the republican field is made up of a bunch of people who don't act like they want the job to help America they just want to get Obama out of office,, Sorry but I don't think that is a good enough reason to Vote for them I want to see a platform of what they are willing to do to turn this country around and fix this mess and so far I have seen nothing except infighting and mudslingling. Is there anyone running that has a clue as to what it is going to take, Just beating Obama isn't good enough .

enough with the Rhetoric lets see some real goals and problem solving .

Wish I could "Thank" this multiple times!

Conley
01-26-2012, 10:00 AM
If Paul does well his ideas do well. That's how I see it. It's the same perspective I have on the National Front and similar parties.

Good thinking. The man appears elderly, frail, is not a good speaker nor is he telegenic - these issues maybe shouldn't matter, but they do. However we need to send the message to future candidates that Paul's message is what the people are looking for.

Mister D
01-26-2012, 10:03 AM
Good thinking. The man appears elderly, frail, is not a good speaker nor is he telegenic - these issues maybe shouldn't matter, but they do. However we need to send the message to future candidates that Paul's message is what the people are looking for.

Exactly.

Yeah, Paul is an awful candidate in the television age.

Conley
01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
"Schmidt: "Not only are we not moving toward a coalescing of support with the establishment of Newt Gingrich, we're probably moving toward a declaration of war on Newt Gingrich by the Republican establishment. And if Newt Gingrich is able to win the Florida primary, you will see a panic and a meltdown of the Republican establishment that is beyond my ability to articulate in the English language. People will go crazy,"
And you will have this five week period until the Super Tuesday states that will be just as unpredictable, tumultuous as any period in modern American politics. It will be a remarkable thing to watch, should that happen in Florida.""

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/21/schmidt_gop_establishment_will_have_a_meltdown_if_ gingrich_wins_florida.html

Maybe this would be a step toward breaking up the two party system.

MMC
01-27-2012, 08:53 AM
He says he will put a colony on the moon. 13k people and make it a state. But Gingrich is a big idea man.....right? So tell me how creating a state with 13k people would be reducing government. When this colony would be solely dependant on the Federal government in all its beginning stages. By 2020. He acts like they can cook, clean, and be out flying around or something. Hell they can't even have sex up there, yet. Does he he expect them to be celibate? Course then comes that point. Who would go or be chosen to go and build whatever up there. Fiscally conservative.....right! :rollseyes:

This morning he now is accusing Romeny of rigging the debate last night and filling up the place with Romney Supporters. All due to Gingrich having his azz handed to him in a debate. Where he thinks he is the strongest and believes such to be a strength. :laugh:

Now they have caught him in a lie. Then he goes back to CNN and gets pummeled by Romney and Santorium. Now his Moon Idea. They even asked Paul about that. Paul was like he knows some politicans they could start with this colony up there. :laugh:

Paul also assured people he wasnt dropping out as he continues to pick up delegates. Once again he was the one giving answers to problems while Gingrich and Romney were going after each others investment records. :wink:

MMC
01-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Did you see this about Gingrich accusing Romeny this morning of rigging the debate?

MMC
01-29-2012, 01:05 AM
If ya heard what he said at the end of the debate.....he said something about calling his campaign an American one and not a Republican or Conservative one. Started talking bout ideas again. Immediately the Conservatives all took notice. Course playing to Puerto Rico around Cubans don't help much either.

Conley
01-29-2012, 01:08 AM
Now they have caught him in a lie. Then he goes back to CNN and gets pummeled by Romney and Santorium. Now his Moon Idea. They even asked Paul about that. Paul was like he knows some politicans they could start with this colony up there. :laugh:

:laugh: Classic joke from Paul!

No, I hadn't heard about Newt accusing Romney like that. What a loser. :rollseyes:

MMC
01-29-2012, 01:11 AM
:laugh: Classic joke from Paul!

No, I hadn't heard about Newt accusing Romney like that. What a loser. :rollseyes:

Yeah he did.....we should have put that last Florida debate up. They won't be having any for a month or so now. I will try to find that one because then all can hear Gingrich throw himself to the wind.

Conley
01-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Yeah he did.....we should have put that last Florida debate up. They won't be having any for a month or so now. I will try to find that one because then all can hear Gingrich throw himself to the wind.

Cool...if you do put it up please start a new thread so all can see it. I'm still missing posts, sorry about that.

MMC
01-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Cool...if you do put it up please start a new thread so all can see it. I'm still missing posts, sorry about that.

You aren't the only one brutha. Plus most I don't think know how to put pics or videos up. We might want to address that issue for newer members. I will try to get to it tomorrow. I have to hit the showers and get ready for work. So I will be heading off to the WH. We got snow and rain. Plus then high winds today. Now it's all freezing up.

Catch ya tomorrow.

Conley
01-29-2012, 01:24 AM
Sounds good my brutha, great idea.

Stay safe on the roads, dry, and warm!

Captain Obvious
01-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Newt's not going to win Florida but he's making it a possible springboard to unite conservatives against Romney and maybe a way to get Santorum out of the race to give his campaign more conservative attention.

He has my attention - from a true conservative standpoint although I can't say I support Newt the candidate, he does bring what is the most true conservative value approach to the race - moreso than Romney.

Cain was a guy who I could have backed pretty openly and I see that Cain threw his support to Newt this weekend. Not that I'm supporting Newt now either.

MMC
01-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Yep.....last I heard Romeny was surging and had still had a 9pt lead. IMO there are only two things Romney has going for himself. His career in Buisness and that he is a family man with those traditions and values. IMO, Other than those two, nothing else!