PDA

View Full Version : The GOP’s Backdoor Impeachment Scheme

Cigar
10-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Republicans have lost at the ballot box and the Supreme Court ...
... so they’ve decided to nullify President Obama another way:

Keep his government from working, period

The dance over the debt ceiling and the fight over the government shutdown are nothing less than impeachment on the cheap: a chance to negate the will of the majority by ostensibly placating the letter of the law. Unable to win the last two presidential elections or to persuade a Supreme Court majority that the Affordable Care Act was unconstitutional, House Republicans have arrived at a point where default and closure are the next best things. This combustible brew of race, class, and economic anxieties bubbles all too closely to the surface.

These days, the GOP comes across as hating Obamacare more than loving their countrymen, and the nation is returning that ire (PDF). Less than a quarter of Americans view the Republicans favorably, and a majority dislikes them, three-in-10 intensely. The GOP’s goal of recapturing the Senate in 2014 is now looking more like a dream than a reality, as Republicans are “forced to explain why they are not to blame and why Americans should trust them to govern both houses of Congress when the one they do run is in such disarray.” Indeed.

Unfortunately, the calamity of a potential default has tempered neither judgment nor passion. On Saturday, Ted Cruz—the man who lit the match, won the Values Voters Straw Poll with 42 percent of the vote. Channeling her inner Glenn Beck, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) concluded that the President “committed impeachable offenses.” Bachmann also proclaimed that civil disobedience was a potential response to Obama’s “thuggery,” and compared the Obama presidency to Egypt’s deposed Muslim Brotherhood.

Political pundit and former Nixon and Reagan White House speechwriter Pat Buchanan may well have captured the mood of the Republican base, as he the writes of the spirit of secession sweeping the red states. Unfortunately, Buchanan is not engaging in idle hyperbole or in simple wishful thinking.

Even before the 2012 election, fuses were running short. Texas Governor Rick Perry mused about the possibility of secession, and after Mitt Romney’s loss last November more than 125,000 Texans petitioned the White House to secede. Secession also touchéd nerves in a slew of other states, including Florida, Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The spirit of the Civil War endures.

full article
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/10/14/the-gop-s-backdoor-impeachment-scheme.html

It all comes down to one thing ... some people in this country can't handle getting beat by one Black Man ... Period

On inauguration night January 2009 ... The GOP made clear what was coming next.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 08:45 AM
It all comes down to one thing ... some people in this country can't handle getting beat by one Black Man ... Period

When it all comes down to it, I guess the country can't be run efficiently by one Black Man ... Period.

Too bad it'll probably never happen again in this lifetime.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 08:50 AM
I can't wait until there's a Hispanic or Woman President ... :roflmao: or both :roflmao:

Keep swinging ... maybe you'll hit something some day.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 09:02 AM
I'm sure we'll see it soon now that affirmative action has reached as high as the oval office.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 09:05 AM
I'm sure we'll see it soon now that affirmative action has reached as high as the oval office.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070330172150/uncyclopedia/images/8/8f/Little_girl_with_pout.jpg

nic34
10-14-2013, 09:08 AM

That's an UGLY statement. Thanks for saying it and removing all doubt.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 09:10 AM
That's an UGLY statement.

Doesn't make it any less true.

Thanks for saying it and removing all doubt.

Which is?

Mainecoons
10-14-2013, 09:40 AM
Barack Obama: Affirmative Action meets the Peter Principle

:rofl:

Cigar
10-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Stick-n-Stones ... :stirthepot:

Mainecoons
10-14-2013, 09:45 AM
If you ran a company, Cigar, it would be Solyndra.

They probably also sat around during the work day posting tripe on internet message boards.

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 09:47 AM
The word you were looking for was "ACCURATE".

Cigar
10-14-2013, 09:50 AM

If their panties are in such a bunch now, can you imagine the crotch rash they'll have during the next 3 years? :laugh:

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 09:51 AM
If their panties are in such a bunch now, can you imagine the crotch rash they'll have during the next 3 years? :laugh:
With the ultra-lame duck in office?
Just wait three more days.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 09:54 AM
With the ultra-lame duck in office?
Just wait three more days.

Then what ... you'll cry some more ... :laugh:

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 09:58 AM
You're free to explain why the statement is 'ugly.' Unless you're going to seriously suggest that you didn't Vote for Obama simply due to his race.

Because he clearly wasn't the most qualified.

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Then what ... you'll cry some more ... :laugh:
You'll be looking for new and more interesting ways of licking his scrotum.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:03 AM
You're free to explain why the statement is 'ugly.' Unless you're going to seriously suggest that you didn't Vote for Obama simply due to his race.

Obama appears to be uniquely qualified at reducing an entire political party to what you see today ... :grin:

nic34
10-14-2013, 10:04 AM

He made his case in a white male dominated society and won. Twice.

Versus everything on the spectrum from Romney to Palin. That CLEARLY ain't AA and you know it.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:05 AM
You'll be looking for new and more interesting ways of licking his scrotum.

I guess when you can no longer handle the debate ... screw the Forum Rules :laugh:

Mainecoons
10-14-2013, 10:07 AM

Versus everything on the spectrum from Romney to Palin. That CLEARLY ain't AA and you know it.

A white male dominated society?

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM

Winning the position and being the most qualified for it are two different things. That's what Affirmative Action is.

How inept are you, seriously?

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:08 AM
A white male dominated society?

Not any more :rofl:

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Winning the position and being the most qualified for it are two different things. That's what Affirmative Action is.

How inept are you, serious?

Call it whatever you want for as long as you want ... Obama is a Two Term President and that's a Fact and you can't do anything about it but bitch and complain.

That's just the way I like may losers ... bitching and complaining :laugh:

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 10:11 AM

"Won" with excess of 100% of the votes in many districts in battleground states.

But, there is no doubt that he had to meet lesser qualifications then McCain did to even run for the office.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Call it whatever you want for as long as you want ... Obama is a Two Term President and that's a Fact and you can't do anything about it but bitch and complain.
Actually we can use Obama as an example of a guidebook and a benchmark of how NOT to run a country. That's really the only thing his legacy will leave behind.

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 10:15 AM

That's just the way I like may losers ... bitching and complaining :laugh:
He's also the single least qualified person to ever hold the office. As has been shown by him just being there.

If I were black, I would be disowning him from my demographic.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:17 AM
LMAO @ the biggest qualifications of a Presidential candidate is winning an election. And then scoff at the idea of Affirmative Action taking place.

Only on an internet forum can you encounter this level of stupidity...

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:19 AM
He's also the single least qualified person to ever hold the office. As has been shown by him just being there.

If I were black, I would be disowning him from my demographic.

:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::s miley_ROFLMAO: Epic ... I Love it.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:20 AM
LMAO @ the biggest qualifications of a Presidential candidate is winning an election. And then scoff at the idea of Affirmative Action taking place.

http://s3.favim.com/orig/45/child-cute-frown-kid-pout-Favim.com-400146.jpg

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 10:22 AM
:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::s miley_ROFLMAO: Epic ... I Love it.
I'm glad that you agree.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm glad that you agree.

You're not going to hurt yourself ... are you? :laugh:

Mainecoons
10-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Yup ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

nic34
10-14-2013, 10:25 AM

How inept are you, seriously?

Seriously? AA is about giving an advantage to minority applicants. What "advantage" did Obama have in either election? Get real.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Makes you wonder about the Losers ... TWICE ... Back-2-Black :afro:

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Seriously? AA is about giving an advantage to minority applicants. What "advantage" did Obama have in either election? Get real.

Well you have to admit ... the GOP Clowns were a few bricks short of a load.

They got Bent Over Big-Time in both Elections

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 10:27 AM
You're not going to hurt yourself ... are you? :laugh:
Your obama personifies even negative black stereotype that has ever been said and you're worried about me?

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Your obama personifies even negative black stereotype that has ever said made and you're worried about me?

I'm soooooooooooooooooo Hurt ... :laugh:

nic34
10-14-2013, 10:29 AM

That they think Obama is less qualified than Junior is just hilarious :laugh:

keymanjim
Do you deny that McCain had to meet a higher qualification to even run for the office than your obama did?

AmazonTania

You really can't be this inept... The advantage is that his qualifications and record (or lack thereof) was overlooked. That's what Affirmative Action entails.

The fact that you couldn't name a single thing he has ever done before his candidacy shows how intellectually dishonest you are.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:31 AM
That they think Obama is less qualified than Junior is just hilarious :laugh:

They are going through some withdrawal ... we'll have to take it easy on them ... NOT! Fuck'em they Lost, they need to get over it.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:34 AM

You do have a point there. I'm very envious. Not everyone can suck at their job and still keep it.

Mister D
10-14-2013, 10:36 AM
You do have a point there. I'm very envious. Not everyone can suck at their job and still keep it.

That's another thing Affirmative Action entails.

nic34
10-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Not everyone can suck at their job and still keep it.

I didn't think we were talking about Boehner and the republicans......:grin:

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:44 AM

Their job is not to Govern the country. Time to stop using Congress as a scapegoat. It's really getting old.

nic34
10-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Really? What school you went? Congress controls the money......

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 10:46 AM
That's because, we're not. Your obama is the subject of the thread.

Let's make this simple for you. What made your obama more qualified for the office than McCain or Romney?

Mainecoons
10-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Tell it to Obama. He can't seem to work with that fact.

keymanjim
10-14-2013, 10:47 AM
So, when anybody refers to "the Bush recession" what they are really saying is "the democrats in congress' recession"?

Mainecoons
10-14-2013, 10:48 AM

Let's make this simple for you. What made your obama more qualified for the office than McCain or Romney?

McCain: Obama isn't/wasn't senile. That made him more qualified.

Romney:

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:51 AM

Congress appropriates funds. The President authorises spending. Anything that congress wants to spend ultimately has to go through the office of the President.

I guess no one has ever mentioned the roles and responsibilities of the legislative and executive branches of Government...

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:53 AM

Hope n' Changey.

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:54 AM

Sure they cam ...

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/john-boehner2-1024x780.jpeg

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:56 AM
That's another thing Affirmative Action entails.

Sore Losers ... :laugh:

Cigar
10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Hope n' Changey.

All you need to do is look at the Republican Party. :laugh:

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
LMAO Double Congressional scapegoats! Post a few more. Maybe it'll actually overlook how big a failure the Obama Administration has been.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 10:58 AM
All you need to do is look at the Republican Party. :laugh:

And?

nic34
10-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Congress appropriates funds. The President authorises spending. Anything that congress wants to spend ultimately has to go through the office of the President.

Glad you finally got it.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Glad you finally got it.

It's too bad that you haven't got that it has nothing to do with governing the country.

I suggest you retake basic civics.

nic34
10-14-2013, 11:39 AM
It's too bad that you haven't got that it has nothing to do with governing the country.

I suggest you retake basic civics.

What do you call governing the country? The president doing everything the congress wants including overturning existing law. PLEASE.

The president proposes. It's congress's job to appropriate funds or not. So far the repubs aren't doing their job.