PDA

View Full Version : Possible Deal in the Works?

Peter1469
10-14-2013, 04:18 PM
It at least looks like the Senate will come up with something (http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/14/politics/shutdown-showdown/index.html). Then it will be in the House's court.

A surge of optimism on Monday for a possible compromise to end the partial government shutdown and avoid a U.S. default as soon as this week got jolted by the sudden postponement of a White House meeting between President Barack Obama and congressional leaders.

"I'm very optimistic that we will reach an agreement that's reasonable in nature this week to reopen the government, pay the nation's bills, and begin long-term negotiation to put our country on sound fiscal footing," Reid said about an hour before he and other Democratic and GOP leaders were to have met with Obama.

McConnell said he shared Reid's optimism that "we're going to get a result that will be acceptable to both sides."

Re: the bolded- that is the part that never gets done in all of these debt ceiling showdowns.

nic34
10-14-2013, 04:21 PM
It at least looks like the Senate will come up with something. Then it will be in the House's court.

That's not news.:wink:

GrassrootsConservative
10-14-2013, 05:09 PM
That's not news.:wink:

It's not in the news section. This is the U.S. politics section.

Do try to pay some attention, huh?

And yes it is news, those silly little Senate Democrats need to send something to the house after the house sent them something and they rejected it. That's how compromise works.

nic34
10-14-2013, 05:39 PM
It's not in the news section. This is the U.S. politics section.

Do try to pay some attention, huh?

And yes it is news, those silly little Senate Democrats need to send something to the house after the house sent them something and they rejected it. That's how compromise works.

Are you that dense? My comment was meant to be sarcastic....!!!

Mainecoons
10-14-2013, 05:42 PM
You're not any better at sarcasm than you are at thinking outside of your partisan straight jacket, Nic.

Sorry to be the bearer of sad news.

:grin:

GrassrootsConservative
10-14-2013, 05:46 PM
Are you that dense? My comment was meant to be sarcastic....!!!

Sarcasm on the internet goes over exactly as well as sarcasm to the deaf.

We can't hear you, nic. If you want to be sarcastic use sarcasm tags like Blad does.

Cthulhu
10-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Sarcasm on the internet goes over exactly as well as sarcasm to the deaf.

We can't hear you, nic. If you want to be sarcastic use sarcasm tags like Blad does.

Well...deaf people at least have facial expressions to work with. So odds are it is conveyed better than just typing it. Just sayin'...

Captain Obvious
10-14-2013, 06:27 PM
Doing it backwards?

ptif219
10-14-2013, 07:31 PM
All this time I thought Obama's sequester was the law of the land just like Obamacare.

Agravan
10-14-2013, 07:35 PM
If the House rejects the Senate Democrat's proposal, they are throwing temper tantrums. When the Senate rejects the House's proposal, they are "negotiating".

Cigar
10-14-2013, 09:10 PM
At a time like this it surely does add an extra dimension when the Republican leader is sober only a short part of the day. :grin:

http://vintagebarnswansea.com/products/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/jameson_irish_whiskey.jpg

Peter1469
10-14-2013, 10:25 PM
But Jamesons I good....