PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Shelves Cleared During EBT Glitch in LA.

GrassrootsConservative
10-14-2013, 08:54 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131014/NEWS/310140050/Walmart-shelves-cleared-during-EBT-glitch-in-La-

MANSFILED, LA. — Shoppers at the Walmart stores in Springhill and Mansfield went on spending sprees when their EBT cards reportedly showed no dollar limits. Walmart employees honored the unlimited spending limits for the two hours the system was affected.

KSLA (http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch) reports that shoppers abandoned their carts in the aisles after the store announced that EBT cards were once again showing spending limits.
Pictures (http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch) and videos taken by shoppers show lines of overfilled and abandoned carts left after the store cleared out.
KSLA (http://www.ksla.com/story/23679489/walmart-shelves-in-springhill-mansfield-cleared-in-ebt-glitch) reports that police were called to assist the employees with crowd control (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131014/NEWS/310140050/Walmart-shelves-cleared-during-EBT-glitch-in-La-#).
Police Chief will Lynd told KSLA “It was worse than any black Friday” that he’s ever seen.”
Kayla Whaling, a spokesperson for Walmart, said the company was “fully engaged and monitoring the situation and transactions during the outage.”
“We did make the decision to continue (http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131014/NEWS/310140050/Walmart-shelves-cleared-during-EBT-glitch-in-La-#) to accept EBT cards (and purchases on WIC and SNAP) during the outage so that they could get food for their families.”

If they can get their greedy little Liberal hands on it, guaranteed they will. "Food for their families" lmao.

I don't know why Liberals (some on this very forum, though I won't name them) hate Walmart so much, they never harm anyone.

/Edit: Can't wait til we have an Unaffordable Care Act glitch and these thugs are going to hospitals complaining of pains to get a bunch of opiates. Stupid government employees and their glitches.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 08:57 PM
I heard about this on Saturday. Hilarious!

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6818/kl6u.png

GrassrootsConservative
10-14-2013, 09:02 PM
I heard about this on Saturday. Hilarious!

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/6818/kl6u.png

Ah, you should have made a thread about it. I love stories like this that reveal these criminals, thugs, thieves, and hoodlums to be what they truly are.

AmazonTania
10-14-2013, 09:05 PM
I wanted to but I went out partying and I didn't have the time. It these tweets were hilarious though.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/9783/tphm.png

GrassrootsConservative
10-14-2013, 09:09 PM
:laugh: Yeah, Liberals say the silliest things. It's too bad they can't just all get jobs.

Beevee
10-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Ah, you should have made a thread about it. I love stories like this that reveal these criminals, thugs, thieves, and hoodlums to be what they truly are.

So you claim that everyone with an ETB card is a criminal or a thug or a thief or a hoodlum.

You no doubt have incontrovertible evidence for this so I would be interested to read it.

I might lobby my Member of Parliament to propose the issue of ETB cards in Quebec, so that I will be able to recognise the flotsum.

fyrenza
10-14-2013, 10:06 PM
The only reason for those folks to abandon their carts is because they KNEW they didn't have enough funds on their cards,

so if stealing is any sort of crime, they were indeed criminals.

Captain Obvious
10-14-2013, 10:06 PM
How many $10 waffle irons can you fit in a shopping cart?

fyrenza
10-14-2013, 10:08 PM
WHOA, wait a sec, here!

WalMart was allowing them to purchase ANYTHING with their Food Stamp cards???

roadmaster
10-14-2013, 10:12 PM
WHOA, wait a sec, here!

No he has no idea what he is talking about.

Matty
10-15-2013, 04:42 AM
Liberals have no morals. They have gimme gimmie disease.

Ravi
10-15-2013, 04:57 AM

How are people that walk out of the store and leave the merchandise behind criminals, thugs, thieves and hoodlums?

GrassrootsConservative
10-15-2013, 05:14 AM
How are people that walk out of the store and leave the merchandise behind criminals, thugs, thieves and hoodlums?

Did you read the article? They bought a bunch of stuff because they knew they wouldn't be caught and now they won't have to pay for it. The charitable company Walmart is going to have to pay for it. Because some government employees screwed up.

Agravan
10-15-2013, 06:06 AM
WHOA, wait a sec, here!

EBT cards are also used for cash benefits not just Food Stamps.

Agravan
10-15-2013, 06:08 AM
They left after the announcement that the store could now read balances. Do you think they actually intended to PAY for that merchandise?

Ravi
10-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Did you read the article? They bought a bunch of stuff because they knew they wouldn't be caught and now they won't have to pay for it. The charitable company Walmart is going to have to pay for it. Because some government employees screwed up.
I was replying to the post you quoted by AT. And you didn't answer my question.

Walmart screwed up. They are supposed to get approval for purchase over $50 and they didn't because Xerox's system was down. I imagine some managers are going to be fired over this.

jillian
10-15-2013, 07:03 AM
I was replying to the post you quoted by AT. And you didn't answer my question.

Walmart screwed up. They are supposed to get approval for purchase over $50 and they didn't because Xerox's system was down. I imagine some managers are going to be fired over this.

yeah, but the people who can't afford to eat always rant and rave about poor people. (the only ostensible purpose of the o/p as written).

Agravan
10-15-2013, 07:15 AM
yeah, but the people who can't afford to eat always rant and rave about poor people. (the only ostensible purpose of the o/p as written).

It's not about the poor people, it's about the thieves who took advantage of a glitch to rip off Wal-Mart. Oh wait, you liberals all hate Wal-Mart anyway so it's ok to rob them blind. They deserve it, right?

Matty
10-15-2013, 07:58 AM
It's not about the poor people, it's about the thieves who took advantage of a glitch to rip off Wal-Mart. Oh wait, you liberals all hate Wal-Mart anyway so it's ok to rob them blind. They deserve it, right?

Actually they were once again ripping off the hard working AMerican Taxpayers. That's what leeches do. They take and take, and then when they find a way they double dip and take some more. Thieves and thugs is accurate.

Captain Obvious
10-15-2013, 10:11 AM
This sounds like a pretty good joke.

Q. How do you clear out a crowded Walmart?
A. Announce over the PA system "Gubmint debit card limits have now been restored"

Ravi
10-15-2013, 10:18 AM
I guess no one read the tweet for comprehension.

Captain Obvious
10-15-2013, 10:20 AM
We don't need no stinkin' tweets

Agravan
10-15-2013, 10:21 AM
I guess no one read the tweet for comprehension.

Do you need someone to explain it to you?

Ravi
10-15-2013, 10:28 AM
Do you need someone to explain it to you?No, you.

nic34
10-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Actually they were once again ripping off the hard working AMerican Taxpayers. That's what leeches do. They take and take, and then when they find a way they double dip and take some more. Thieves and thugs is accurate.

Except you think AMerican Taxpayers have "have gimme gimmie disease" if they simply want what they PAID for.

Matty
10-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Except you think AMerican Taxpayers have "have gimme gimmie disease" if they simply want what they PAID for.

I clearly said the thieves at Wal Mart saw an opportunity to take MORE from the American taxpayers. They're thieves. Everyone who holds an EBT card knows how much they are allowed per month. To take advantage of a "glitch" is stealing from the American taxpayer. They're thieves and leeches.

Ravi
10-15-2013, 10:38 AM
I clearly said the thieves at Wal Mart saw an opportunity to take MORE from the American taxpayers. They're thieves. Everyone who holds an EBT card knows how much they are allowed per month. To take advantage of a "glitch" is stealing from the American taxpayer. They're thieves and leeches.
They stole from Walmart, not taxpayers. Walmart stupidly allowed them to spend without verification of bennies.

Matty
10-15-2013, 10:41 AM
They stole from Walmart, not taxpayers. Walmart stupidly allowed them to spend without verification of bennies.

so the gov. doesn't have to made good on the purchases? Ya think?

Matty
10-15-2013, 10:41 AM

that still makes them thieves, and leeches, they'll do anything except EARN what they want.

Ravi
10-15-2013, 10:42 AM
so the gov. doesn't have to made good on the purchases? Ya think?
No, they don't. Walmart is supposed to verify purchases above $50 with vendor Xerox. Xerox systems were down and Walmart stupidly allowed the purchases.

Matty
10-15-2013, 10:45 AM
No, they don't. Walmart is supposed to verify purchases above $50 with vendor Xerox. Xerox systems were down and Walmart stupidly allowed the purchases.

they're still thieves and leeches, no matter which way it washes out.

GrassrootsConservative
10-15-2013, 12:36 PM
they're still thieves and leeches, no matter which way it washes out.

Right. And Ravi, of course, tries to justify their thievery.

Ravi
10-15-2013, 12:42 PM
Right. And Ravi, of course, tries to justify their thievery.Where did I do that?

GrassrootsConservative
10-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Where did I do that?

By putting it on Walmart.

Captain Obvious
10-15-2013, 12:45 PM
How do you clear out a crowded Walmart.

Yell (over a megaphone preferably) IIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!

Captain Obvious
10-15-2013, 12:46 PM
How do you clear out a crowded Walmart?

Start yelling "THERE HE IS, WHERE'S MAH BAYBAY'S UMMMONEY"!!!!

Ravi
10-15-2013, 01:21 PM
By putting it on Walmart.
It was their responsibility to check. They can blame their problems on thieves, but they enabled the thieves.

Agravan
10-15-2013, 01:31 PM
It was their responsibility to check. They can blame their problems on thieves, but they enabled the thieves.

So the fault is Wal-Mart's and not the thieves', right?

AmazonTania
10-15-2013, 04:41 PM
How do you clear out a crowded Walmart.

Yell (over a megaphone preferably) IIIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/5002/ureb.png

fyrenza
10-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Taking this one step further :

If the EBT system was shut down, for good,

would it be "okay" for the folks who use EBT to loot their local grocery stores?

What happens to the TAX PAYERS that need to buy food with money,
who had to WORK while the looting was going on?

Are the folks that are TAKING the handouts MORE important than the folks that provide them?

This is a classic case of a dog biting the hand that feeds it, imho,
and anyone that took advantage of the situation should be PERMANENTLY removed from ANY sort of "welfare" programs.

fyrenza
10-15-2013, 05:37 PM
Oh, yeah. And THIS :

One day while I was shopping at my local WalMart,
their entire "card" system went down ~
no one could buy groceries unless they had cash.

Most of the folks parked their carts and went to the nearest ATM ~

amazingly enough, NONE OF THEM "stole" their groceries,
nor did many of them whine about the inconvenience;
the one's that weren't able to withdraw cash took their carts to the employees,
so that the cold foods wouldn't spoil and everything could be put back where it belonged;
they DID NOT just abandon them all over the store.

lynn
10-16-2013, 11:21 AM

I agree that Walmart should have known better and prevented it.

Matty
10-16-2013, 11:28 AM
I agree that Walmart should have known better and prevented it.

leeches and thieves always leech and steal whenever they're given an opportunity. Anyone who took more than their monthly allowence fro their EBT card is a thief an should lose all future benefits.