PDA

View Full Version : Boxer compares House GOP to domestic abusers

Agravan
10-15-2013, 07:10 AM
Boxer compares House GOP to domestic abusers

By Ramsey Cox - 10/14/13 02:54 PM ET

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) compared the actions of Tea Party conservatives who’ve shut down the government and risked a U.S. default to that of domestic abusers.
“When you start acting like you’re committing domestic abuse, you’ve got a problem,” Boxer said on the Senate floor Monday. “ 'I love you dear, but I’m shutting down your entire government. I love you dear, but I’m going to default.’ "
Lawmakers are at an impasse on how to pass a continuing resolution (CR) to fund the government, which has been shut down for nearly two weeks. They are also working against an Oct. 17 deadline for raising the nation's borrowing limit.

The Treasury Department and the White House have warned that if the limit is not lifted, the government could default on its debt, leading to a recession. Boxer blamed House Republicans for the economic dilemmas because they wouldn’t vote on a Senate-passed “clean” CR. Senate Republicans also blocked a $1 trillion debt-ceiling increase over the weekend because it didn’t address the deficit.
Congressional leaders were expected to meet with President Obama Monday afternoon to discuss a possible break through. Senate leaders worked during the weekend on legislation that would reopen the government and allow more federal borrowing.
“I know that the grown-ups are now trying to resolve this … but the fact that it would take us this long — three days before a default and the 14th day of a shutdown — is unbelievable,” Boxer said.
Republicans have accused Democrats of not negotiating on GOP concessions on ObamaCare implementation and spending reductions. Democrats have said Republicans shouldn’t risk the U.S. economic recovery because they haven’t gotten their way.

Read more: http://thehill.com/video/senate/328395-boxer-compares-house-gop-to-domestic-abusers#ixzz2hn9KKEkj

So, where's the outrage from the left concerning this woman's cavalier comparison to a serious issue?
Oh, wait, she's a lefty, she gets a pass on anything she says.

Cigar
10-15-2013, 07:13 AM
This true ... but Terrorist have Balls.

These puzzies hide behind props.

Captain Obvious
10-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Boxer is a curmudgeonus uber nerdy twerp

Agravan
10-15-2013, 07:22 AM
This true ... but Terrorist have Balls.

These puzzies hide behind props.
I have to agree with you on this, Those democrat puzzies are always using women and children as props.

jillian
10-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Boxer is a curmudgeonus uber nerdy twerp

her analogy is only partially correct.

the correct analogy is that they're a bunch of children who got the car keys and are threatening to drive the car into a brick wall unless they get to stay up late.

Mainecoons
10-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Drive the bloated, incompetent Federal government into a brick wall.

Now that's a new idea and a good one. Thanks, Jillian!

patrickt
10-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Of course, Sen. Boxer would use that silly analogy. She's a shrew, the state rodent for California.

The Democrats kill millions of babies but they aren't abusers. The Democrats consign millions of women to a life of poverty but they're not abusers. The Democrats delight in destroying families but they're not abusers. The Democrats want to make sure the poor stay poor by denying them a decent education. The Democrats lover the poor so much they're intent on making more.

And the Democrats care...about money and power. Certainly not about people.

Matty
10-15-2013, 09:49 AM
boxer is a a b _

Adelaide
10-15-2013, 03:54 PM
It was an incredibly insensitive comparison. It does seem as though there is almost an emotional blackmail kind of situation going on but it's certainly not one-sided and I don't think that exact phrasing was appropriate.

Cigar
10-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Drive the bloated, incompetent Federal government into a brick wall.

Now that's a new idea and a good one. Thanks, Jillian!

You're not going to like the New Government ... it will be too Mixed for your taste :)

nic34
10-15-2013, 04:01 PM
She's absolutely right if we default.

Peter1469
10-15-2013, 04:47 PM
She's absolutely right if we default.

Default would only happen if the government decided to not service the debt. The US takes in ~10X more in revenue per month than the interest payments.