PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Forum Democrats

Green Arrow
10-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Could one of the Democrats on this board explain the following:

1) How can one man shut down the government?
2) How can only one party shut down the government?
3) Why does the Democrat-led government feel it is necessary to take unnecessary actions in favor of necessary actions to punish the American people, who had nothing to do with the shutdown, for the shutdown?

Please and thank you.

Cigar
10-15-2013, 02:23 PM
Woo Woo Woo Woo ... wait a minute, are you saying people are feeling the pain?

Because in the Threads people are saying the shut down hasn't done anything to anyone.

So ... what's the story going to be?

Green Arrow
10-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Woo Woo Woo Woo ... wait a minute, are you saying people are feeling the pain?

Because in the Threads people are saying the shut down hasn't done anything to anyone.

So ... what's the story going to be?

Tell you what. You answer my questions, and I'll answer yours.

Deal?

Cigar
10-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Tell you what. You answer my questions, and I'll answer yours.

Deal?

Ok ... The one Man you're talking about is The Speaker of The House John Boenher.

The President of The United States needs to had a Bill on his desk to sign, or are you saying President Obama should unilaterally end this all by himself like a dictator.

:grin: Game, Set, Match

Green Arrow
10-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Ok ... The one Man you're talking about is The Speaker of The House John Boenher.

Really? jillian was saying that man was Ted Cruz. Is it Cruz or is it Boehner?

The President of The United States needs to had a Bill on his desk to sign, or are you saying President Obama should unilaterally end this all by himself like a dictator.

Well, it's not like he hasn't threatened to unilaterally raise the debt ceiling on his own, and other such actions. Why not this?

But no, I was rather hoping the Democrats could show they know what actual compromise is so he could have that bill on his desk.

:grin: Game, Set, Match

You didn't answer questions 2 and 3.

Ravi
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Same way Cheney pulled Bush's strings. Cruz has Boehner in the palm of his hand. Beohner is destroying himself for nothing.

Boris The Animal
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Greenie, you'll never get an honest answer out of that retard Cigarette.

Cigar
10-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Really? @jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719) was saying that man was Ted Cruz. Is it Cruz or is it Boehner?

Well, it's not like he hasn't threatened to unilaterally raise the debt ceiling on his own, and other such actions. Why not this?

But no, I was rather hoping the Democrats could show they know what actual compromise is so he could have that bill on his desk.

You didn't answer questions 2 and 3.

It's Boehner job to be Speaker ... not Cruz

My answer remains the same (for 1 -3), Obama can't act on his own, it's against the Law.

Cigar
10-15-2013, 02:42 PM

I gave my answer ...

Do you have something against the handicap or are you just projecting your own shortcomings?

Cthulhu
10-15-2013, 02:48 PM

My answer remains the same (for 1 -3), Obama can't act on his own, it's against the Law.

After he fired the inspector general a while ago, my confidence that he respects the rule of law is laughable.

Cigar
10-15-2013, 02:49 PM
After he fired the inspector general a while ago, my confidence that he respects the rule of law is laughable.

:rollseyes: That has what to do with the current topic?

Cthulhu
10-15-2013, 02:52 PM

:rollseyes: That has what to do with the current topic?

Topics evolve, you brought up the law. I merely expounded on it in a way that makes your lord and master look bad.

Boris The Animal
10-15-2013, 02:54 PM
I gave my answer ...

Do you have something against the handicap or are you just projecting your own shortcomings?
I said an HONEST answer and yes, you are a retard, RETARD!!!

Adelaide
10-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Stop with the personal insults.

Cigar
10-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Topics evolve, you brought up the law. I merely expounded on it in a way that makes your lord and master look bad.

Keep trying, based on the Polls you're failing ... yet again :laugh:

Green Arrow
10-15-2013, 03:56 PM

Please don't bring your personal pettiness into my threads. I prefer to keep my threads edifying.

Green Arrow
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Same way Cheney pulled Bush's strings. Cruz has Boehner in the palm of his hand. Beohner is destroying himself for nothing.

Cruz is not that powerful, and Boehner has behaved like this since before Cruz took office.

Now, please answer the questions in my OP. I'm curious.

Green Arrow
10-15-2013, 04:00 PM

Okay, but he does have the authority to decide what the shutdown affects, so your answer doesn't touch on question 3.

AmazonTania
10-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Answering the questions by not answering the questions. Typical...

BB-35
10-15-2013, 05:21 PM

Odd how you think a freshman senator has the wherewithall to have a veteran legislator 'in his palm'

Green Arrow
10-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Forum Democrats? Hello? Y'all there?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p497/Arek56/Bueller.gif

Agravan
10-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Forum Democrats? Hello? Y'all there?

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p497/Arek56/Bueller.gif

Good luck getting any meaningful answers. Typical lib/Democrat standard answer is it's the Republicans/Bush's fault for everything.

Ravi
10-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Cruz is not that powerful, and Boehner has behaved like this since before Cruz took office.

Now, please answer the questions in my OP. I'm curious.Sure he is. Fear is a powerful motivator and Boehner is pretty much peeing his pants at this point.

jillian
10-15-2013, 06:59 PM

Now, please answer the questions in my OP. I'm curious.

cruz is right now because he represents the monied interest of the furthest extremes of the right. because the party has nothing to give anymore, these monied interests primary people. and as long as GOP congressmen are terrified the folk who brought you fund for growth are going to primary them, they aren't going to react rationally. and boehner has totally lost any credibility with both the grownups in the party and the fringes

that's what happens when someone is a wuss and doesn't take a stand.

jillian
10-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Good luck getting any meaningful answers. Typical lib/Democrat standard answer is it's the Republicans/Bush's fault for everything.

no... *you* don't get meaningful answers because you don't say anything meaningful. *he* gets meaningful answers.

Mainecoons
10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
cruz is right now because he represents the monied interest of the furthest extremes of the right. because the party has nothing to give anymore, these monied interests primary people. and as long as GOP congressmen are terrified the folk who brought you fund for growth are going to primary them, they aren't going to react rationally. and boehner has totally lost any credibility with both the grownups in the party and the fringes

To quote a well known if not well respected poster here:

:cuckoo:

Sheesh, what a stupid rant.

Green Arrow
10-16-2013, 10:01 AM

Except, again, Boehner has been like this since pre-Cruz and pre-Fund for Growth. I've even seen video of Boehner in the 90s when Clinton was President doing this exact same stuff as a regular Rep.

But you don't want people taking stands, I thought. After all, you mock Cruz and Co. relentlessly, but what you mock them for is taking a stand.

jillian
10-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Except, again, Boehner has been like this since pre-Cruz and pre-Fund for Growth. I've even seen video of Boehner in the 90s when Clinton was President doing this exact same stuff as a regular Rep.

i'm not sure what you mean by the above.

But you don't want people taking stands, I thought. After all, you mock Cruz and Co. relentlessly, but what you mock them for is taking a stand.

i don't want people taking "stands" to destroy our econmy. i mock them for being obama-deranged hacks.

that's the only "stand" they're taking.

Green Arrow
10-16-2013, 10:16 AM
i'm not sure what you mean by the above.

I mean that you are attributing Boehner's tactics to fear or control of Cruz, when he's engaged in these tactics since he got into the House over 20 years ago.

nic34
10-16-2013, 10:19 AM
i don't want people taking "stands" to destroy our econmy. i mock them for being obama-deranged hacks.

that's the only "stand" they're taking.

The real question is, what do the repubs want?

Green Arrow
10-16-2013, 10:21 AM
The real question is, what do the repubs want?

We can get to that after you answer the questions in my OP. Specifically number 3, since for some reason that seems to be the question y'all are avoiding.

Matty
10-16-2013, 10:38 AM
I wanna know why democrats find it so objectionable to ask for income verification as a condition to receiving a subsidy?

Cigar
10-16-2013, 12:02 PM
I don't mind ... :grin:

Ravi
10-16-2013, 01:20 PM
I wanna know why democrats find it so objectionable to ask for income verification as a condition to receiving a subsidy?
I don't think they do. Fact of the matter is, today I heard a Republican on the radio (I think it was Saxby Chambliss) state that there already is a provision for income verification in the law.

Peter1469
10-16-2013, 02:48 PM
There was some congress-critter who said that there would be no wage verification, but since you would be filing your taxes once per year (4 per year for corps), the IRS would get your wage verification at that time. The question then is whether anyone will go back to check that the people getting the subsidies actually qualify. Actually one way that they could make it easy is to have a line on the 1040 (whichever) where you would have to enter any subsidy for the ACA- and I am sure that the Government will create another tax document for the subsidy.

Ravi
10-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Final Rule Details Under the final regulation, federally operated exchanges still will verify such information beginning in 2014, but states operating their own exchanges can wait until 2015 to do so (Morgan, Reuters, 7/7). In addition, exchanges will only have to audit a statistically significant sample of applicants whose self-reported income differs from federal records, as opposed to reviewing all such cases. For applicants not included in the sample, "the Exchange may accept the attestation of projected annual household income without further verification," the rule states.
Individuals caught falsifying their income or insurance status on the exchange applications can face up to a $25,000 fine. Individuals who misrepresented their incomes would also have to pay back any ill-gotten subsidies via their tax returns (Kliff/Somashekhar, Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/health-insurance-marketplaces-will-not-be-required-to-verify-consumer-claims/2013/07/05/d2a171f4-e5ab-11e2-aef3-339619eab080_story.html), 7/5).

http://www.californiahealthline.org/articles/2013/7/8/hhs-scales-back-acas-health-insurance-income-verification-process

It appears that the states have some leeway in the matter but by 2015 they must verify and the Fed must this coming January

junie
10-16-2013, 03:08 PM
There was some congress-critter who said that there would be no wage verification, but since you would be filing your taxes once per year (4 per year for corps), the IRS would get your wage verification at that time. The question then is whether anyone will go back to check that the people getting the subsidies actually qualify. Actually one way that they could make it easy is to have a line on the 1040 (whichever) where you would have to enter any subsidy for the ACA- and I am sure that the Government will create another tax document for the subsidy.

here in massachusetts we have been filing a 1099 - HC ever since the inception of our 'state connector' a few years ago...

http://www.massresources.org/schedule-hc.html