PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis Colts Owner Blasts Peyton Manning as Politician

Conley
01-26-2012, 07:49 PM
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts are a long, long way from being healed.

Two days after Peyton Manning publicly complained about the dour atmosphere at team headquarters following a 2-14 season and a rash of firings, Colts owner Jim Irsay introduced his new head coach and then stunned everyone by calling his franchise player a "politician" who had decided to air dirty laundry.

"I don't think it's in the best interest to paint the horseshoe in a negative light, I really don't," Irsay told reporters, referring to the team's longtime logo. "The horseshoe always comes first, and I think one thing he's always known, because he's been around it so long, is that, you know, you keep it in the family. If you've got a problem you talk to each other, it's not about campaigning or anything like that."

The comments suggest there is a rift between Manning and Irsay, who is just six weeks from a deadline to pay the four-time league MVP a $28 million bonus or risk losing him as a free agent. And it all blew up in public on a day the team wanted attention focused on Chuck Pagano, the Ravens' defensive coordinator who takes over as head coach with a host of problems to address.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7507255/indianapolis-colts-jim-irsay-upset-peyton-manning-went-public-comments

I always find it funny in the sports world when someone goes to the media to blast someone for talking to the media. Pot kettle anyone? Plus Irsay called Peyton a "politician". As all of us here know, that is one of the worst insults in the English language! :grin:

MMC
01-26-2012, 07:54 PM
:shocked: I am surprised he didn't spit after he said politican. :laugh:

Conley
01-26-2012, 08:31 PM
:laugh: How do you know he didn't?