PDA

View Full Version : Wow police officers suspended for shooting unarmed couple 137 times

Alyosha
10-18-2013, 09:39 AM
They're going to learn a huge lesson being home watching television.
(http://www.businessinsider.com/cleveland-police-suspends-63-cops-after-deadly-car-chase-2013-10?fb_action_ids=10103119693276549&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210103119693276549%22%3A51686 4581729613}&action_type_map={%2210103119693276549%22%3A%22og.r ecommends%22}&action_ref_map=[])
I love where they call it a "full blown firefight" even though they admit the couple had no weapons at all.

Cleveland officials are suspending 63 police officers for their roles in a November car chase that ended in the shooting deaths (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/02/cleveland_police_chase_and_shooting_scene.html) of an unarmed man and woman, The Plain Dealer reports (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/10/cleveland_police_to_suspend_63.html).

Cleveland Police Chief Michael McGrath said the officers violated police protocol during the chase, according to the newspaper.
Officers' offenses include engaging in a chase without permission and providing false information on police reports, the Plain Dealer reports. The officers will be suspended temporarily, with no one officer being suspended for more than 10 days.

Police officials have not yet reviewed the 13 officers who were involved in the shooting itself, but that's coming in the next and final stage of the investigation, officials told The Plain Dealer. More than 100 officers had some involvement in the chase.

Malissa Williams, 30, and Timothy Russell, 43, were each shot about two dozen times (http://www.businessinsider.com/cleveland-police-disciplined-in-deadly-chase-2013-8) in a police chase that turned deadly. They were shot at 137 times while in their car, which was parked in a middle school parking lot after the chase.

Police called it a "full blown-out" (http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/02/cleveland_police_chase_and_shooting_scene.html) firefight. No officers were injured, and about 60 police vehicles pursued the suspects during the 25-minute chase.

The chase started when officers thought the suspects fired shots at them near Cleveland's downtown Justice Center, but Williams and Russell turned out to be unarmed.

Officers might have thought the suspects were armed based on wrong information broadcast over the police radio, the Plain Dealer reported.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/cleveland-police-suspends-63-cops-after-deadly-car-chase-2013-10#ixzz2i5IrKYhD

Mr. Freeze
10-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Cops are exactly what you get when you hand over monopoly power to the state. Assholes and bullies flock to the police force. I love how progressives keep saying that southerners and republicans are the biggest racists and overlook the police force. The reason why we have a prison system comprised mostly of minorities is because every racist asshole in the world knows he can join the police and get a free pass for fuckery.

I wanna know when we will see some action against the Wall St. fraudsters. Any of them arrested yet for wrecking the economy and robbing people of their retirements? Nawww, son. But you let a black man sell weed on the corner, or a couple blow a red light and suddenly lights are flashing and guns are drawn.

Ravi
10-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Cops are exactly what you get when you hand over monopoly power to the state. Assholes and bullies flock to the police force. I love how progressives keep saying that southerners and republicans are the biggest racists and overlook the police force. The reason why we have a prison system comprised mostly of minorities is because every racist asshole in the world knows he can join the police and get a free pass for fuckery.

I wanna know when we will see some action against the Wall St. fraudsters. Any of them arrested yet for wrecking the economy and robbing people of their retirements? Nawww, son. But you let a black man sell weed on the corner, or a couple blow a red light and suddenly lights are flashing and guns are drawn.
How do you know that southerners and Republicans don't make up the majority of cops?

Alyosha
10-18-2013, 10:16 AM
How do you know that southerners and Republicans don't make up the majority of cops?

LOL...just LOL...you're like the most insipid partisan in the entire world.

How many people live in the south compared to the north? There's a reason why politicians want to win New York and California.

As for police unions, they go either way depending on where the person stands on crime. For example, the police unions supported Clinton over Dole. I'd think you would realize that police will vote for whomever will solidify their jobs. They're not going to support a guy like Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich because they want to shut down the drug war.

DERP!

Mr. Freeze
10-18-2013, 10:22 AM

I don't believe that region or politics correlates to racism because a region is just geography and politics is to broad a spectrum. The argument I was making which I guess you missed or overlooked is that the police force is the perfect place to be if you want to bully someone with impugnity. People don't move to Georgia to be a racist and they don't hide in a political party to be a racist because the laws won't allow it. They can be a cop and be a racist because nothing will ever be done about it. It's a place to hide.

Do you believe that blacks are a criminal class? I don't. I don't think race and criminal behavior have anything to do with each other, but our prisons are filled with blacks and hispanics.

You asked about politics, the police last time went with Obama: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/obama-endorsed-napo_n_1703978.html

Mr. Freeze
10-18-2013, 10:25 AM
LOL...just LOL...you're like the most insipid partisan in the entire world.

How many people live in the south compared to the north? There's a reason why politicians want to win New York and California.

As for police unions, they go either way depending on where the person stands on crime. For example, the police unions supported Clinton over Dole. I'd think you would realize that police will vote for whomever will solidify their jobs. They're not going to support a guy like Ron Paul or Dennis Kucinich because they want to shut down the drug war.

DERP!

Unnecessary Alyosha

Make your point, don't be a point.

Ravi
10-18-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't believe that region or politics correlates to racism because a region is just geography and politics is to broad a spectrum. The argument I was making which I guess you missed or overlooked is that the police force is the perfect place to be if you want to bully someone with impugnity. People don't move to Georgia to be a racist and they don't hide in a political party to be a racist because the laws won't allow it. They can be a cop and be a racist because nothing will ever be done about it. It's a place to hide.

Do you believe that blacks are a criminal class? I don't. I don't think race and criminal behavior have anything to do with each other, but our prisons are filled with blacks and hispanics.

You asked about politics, the police last time went with Obama: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/obama-endorsed-napo_n_1703978.html

Thanks for the clarification.

I'd like to ask what laws prevent people from moving to Georgia to be racist or hiding in a political party to be racist. This is news to me.

Cops can't act in a racial manner with impunity. Cops are liable for punishment and firing for doing so.

I agree with your assessment of race and criminal behavior.

Mr. Freeze
10-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the clarification.

I'd like to ask what laws prevent people from moving to Georgia to be racist or hiding in a political party to be racist. This is news to me.

Because I never said that a law prevents you from moving to Georgia or joining a political party. Even in Georgia or as a Republican there are laws that prevent you from discriminating or acting in a racist manner. EEO and AA laws are still in place in Georgia and within the Republican party.

Cops are immune by their very fraternal/union nature from even the accusation of racism. Look how many years people have called out cops for racism and yet our prisons are overflowing with minorities.

Do you believe blacks have a criminal mentality?

Cops can't act in a racial manner with impunity. Cops are liable for punishment and firing for doing so.

They're not supposed to, but where are the firings?

Show me more than a handful of cops who have been fired for being racist pigs and I'll show you the unicorn in my back yard.

Ravi
10-18-2013, 10:34 AM
Because I never said that a law prevents you from moving to Georgia or joining a political party. Even in Georgia or as a Republican there are laws that prevent you from discriminating or acting in a racist manner. EEO and AA laws are still in place in Georgia and within the Republican party.

Cops are immune by their very fraternal/union nature from even the accusation of racism. Look how many years people have called out cops for racism and yet our prisons are overflowing with minorities.

Do you believe blacks have a criminal mentality?

They're not supposed to, but where are the firings?

Show me more than a handful of cops who have been fired for being racist pigs and I'll show you the unicorn in my back yard.

You did say this: People don't move to Georgia to be a racist and they don't hide in a political party to be a racist because the laws won't allow it. Though I will concede that you probably meant they couldn't get away with doing racist things rather than they couldn't be racist.

No, I don't believe any ethnic group has a criminal mentality.

I have no statistics to give you. Lawfully, cops are not allowed to act in a racist manner in the course of their jobs. This is why outcries need to be raised when they do.

Alyosha
10-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Unnecessary @Alyosha (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=863)

Make your point, don't be a point.

My point is she's insipid and recklessly partisan and I'll stand by it. A point could be made that I was a bitch about it, however.

Mr. Freeze
10-18-2013, 10:46 AM
My point is she's insipid and recklessly partisan and I'll stand by it. A point could be made that I was a bitch about it, however.

If you feel that being a bitch about it improves who you are and who you want to be, then by all means continue down that path. I once knew someone who believed in changing the world, not having the world change her.