PDA

View Full Version : WWII Memorial Protests

Peter1469
10-18-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDuds14OBiE

jillian
10-18-2013, 06:44 PM
with all respect to our servicemen, i'd think that the fact that NIH medical trials stopped and federal workers weren't pay would be more cause for protest.... and that's only two of the things that stopped. to me, focusing on something cosmetic like a memorial not being open seems a bit... odd.

not to diminish everyone's service, but there was real pain suffered by people because of the shutdown. inconvenience is just that.

Peter1469
10-18-2013, 06:46 PM
As you can see from the video, there is nothing at the WWII memorial to close down. It is just marble next to a sidewalk. The government had to go out of its way to put barricades up- for no purpose. Some of the other memorials have actual facilities that have to be manned. I can see closing them down during the shutdown.

zelmo1234
10-18-2013, 06:47 PM
WOW! That is a Great American!

Thanks!

patrickt
10-18-2013, 08:55 PM
I have always been proud of them. Too bad the liberals can't understand it. Jillian at least feels bad for a few of the people attacked by President Obama. Just not the veterans. Or the elderly tourists kidnapped in Yellowstone. Or the tourists held prisoner in Cooke City. But she does feel bad for a few but not bad enough to say her darling President Obama shouldn't have done it.

Agravan
10-18-2013, 09:16 PM
with all respect to our servicemen, i'd think that the fact that NIH medical trials stopped and federal workers weren't pay would be more cause for protest.... and that's only two of the things that stopped. to me, focusing on something cosmetic like a memorial not being open seems a bit... odd.

not to diminish everyone's service, but there was real pain suffered by people because of the shutdown. inconvenience is just that.

Harry Reid turned down a bill to fund the NIH. When asked why he would not help the children with cancer, his response was " Why would we want to do that? I have 1100 people at Nellis Air Force Base sitting home. They have problems of their own."

So tell us again, who refused to help the children cancer patients??

Mr. Freeze
10-18-2013, 09:25 PM
The government shut down was most-likely a ruse to get an unpopular debt ceiling's limit's raised again. I am not convinced that Republicans hate Obamacare or that Democrats love people. When the government and its cronies absorb 70-80% of the tax dollars and the people see only a 20% return on their investment come back to them, then we should all accept the game for what it is and quit pretending there is such a thing as morality or ethics in government.

jillian
10-18-2013, 09:36 PM
As you can see from the video, there is nothing at the WWII memorial to close down. It is just marble next to a sidewalk. The government had to go out of its way to put barricades up- for no purpose. Some of the other memorials have actual facilities that have to be manned. I can see closing them down during the shutdown.

the grounds need to be maintained by the government. that costs money. it appeared to me that the right was only worried about the optics of the shutdown and tried to use the idea of a vets memorial to do their usual "the left hates the military" rant. i'm sorry, cruz standing and protesting the effects of his own orchestrated shutdown was one of the more disingenuous things i've ever seen.

and what really affected the vets was the shutdown's effect on processing VA claims.

law of unintended consequences...

jillian
10-18-2013, 09:39 PM
The government shut down was most-likely a ruse to get an unpopular debt ceiling's limit's raised again. I am not convinced that Republicans hate Obamacare or that Democrats love people. When the government and its cronies absorb 70-80% of the tax dollars and the people see only a 20% return on their investment come back to them, then we should all accept the game for what it is and quit pretending there is such a thing as morality or ethics in government.

the government shut down wasn't a ruse. the teaparty was told it wouldn't get them anything. they thought they could extort from the president something that they couldn't get in 42 votes and a supreme court case. it wasn't ever going to happen.

the debt ceiling shouldn't be wildly anything... it is simply payment for what congress already spent. it was done 13 or 18 times under reagan (i forget which) and was never anything but an administrative act until this president was in the white house.

Venus
10-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Harry Reid turned down a bill to fund the NIH. When asked why he would not help the children with cancer, his response was " Why would we want to do that? I have 1100 people at Nellis Air Force Base sitting home. They have problems of their own."

So tell us again, who refused to help the children cancer patients??

And federal workers will be paid. Some twice since they filed for unemployment.

jillian
10-18-2013, 09:41 PM
And federal workers will be paid. Some twice since they filed for unemployment.

they're not going to get unemployment payments.

and they haven't been paid yet. and credit card companies and landlords don't really care to wait to get paid.

Libhater
10-18-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm almost starting to feel sorry for poor jillian here as many of you keep pointing out and exposing her hypocrisy and her pathetic support for this failed president. Look, the girl is suffering through enough embarrassment, and this Compassionate Conservative is asking you guys to lighten up a bit, at least until the midterm elections when she'll have no other option than to join in with Republican leadership of both HOUSES.

jillian
10-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm almost starting to feel sorry for poor jillian here as many of you keep pointing out and exposing her hypocrisy and her pathetic support for this failed president. Look, the girl is suffering through enough embarrassment, and this Compassionate Conservative is asking you guys to lighten up a bit, at least until the midterm elections when she'll have no other option than to join in with Republican leadership of both HOUSES.

what on earth are you spewing about?

countryboy
10-18-2013, 09:49 PM

Real pain? Gimme a freakin' break. Federal workers will all be paid for the time they had off during the "shutdown", by law. Isn't that special?

If anyone felt any pain it was private business owners who's business just happens to be on "Federal" land. Like the Grand Canyon for instance. There was no reason whatsoever to shut down the Grand Canyon. Not only that, but it actually cost the government extra money for security.

jillian
10-18-2013, 09:53 PM
Real pain? Gimme a freakin' break. Federal workers will all be paid for the time they had off during the "shutdown", by law. Isn't that special?

If anyone felt any pain it was private business owners who's business just happens to be on "Federal" land. Like the Grand Canyon for instance. There was no reason whatsoever to shut down the Grand Canyon. Not only that, but it actually cost the government extra money for security.

the radical right didn't give a rats patoot about them either.

your point?

Venus
10-18-2013, 09:54 PM

and they haven't been paid yet. and credit card companies and landlords don't really care to wait to get paid.

Yes some of them did file.

They missed two weeks not two months.

Pay will be expedited and if they can't make rent because of a two week vacation hopefully they learned a valuable lesson. Always have money for emergency$.

countryboy
10-18-2013, 09:56 PM

Oh please. If an overpaid government worker can't survive for a couple of weeks without pay, who's fault is that?

countryboy
10-18-2013, 09:57 PM

your point?

As if you would acknowledge it. :rolleyes:

jillian
10-18-2013, 10:01 PM
As if you would acknowledge it. :rolleyes:

what was the point about complaining about how small businesses related to government were affected by the shutdown?

for the record, government workers haven't been paid yet... you think their credit card company or their phone company or their landlords care that they haven't been paid yet?

so no, i don't see what point you were making

patrickt
10-18-2013, 10:09 PM

your point?

That's a lie. The right did care. The radical left was punishing Americans and loving it. That would include you, Jillian, and your pretended outrage is pitiful.

countryboy
10-18-2013, 10:18 PM
what was the point about complaining about how small businesses related to government were affected by the shutdown?

for the record, government workers haven't been paid yet... you think their credit card company or their phone company or their landlords care that they haven't been paid yet?

so no, i don't see what point you were making
I know I don't care that they haven't been paid yet. Cry me a freakin' river if you can't survive for two weeks on an inflated goobermint salary, that's not my problem.

jillian
10-18-2013, 10:29 PM
I know I don't care that they haven't been paid yet. Cry me a freakin' river if you can't survive for two weeks on an inflated goobermint salary, that's not my problem.

government workers get paid less than workers get paid in the private sector for the same work. they get better benefits but not salary.

and i'm not really all that fussed about the pretend compassion for 'small businesses' and faux rage about monuments from people who think damaging our country, embarrasing us internationally and almost crashing our economy is just fine

countryboy
10-18-2013, 10:36 PM
government workers get paid less than workers get paid in the private sector for the same work. they get better benefits but not salary.

You got any evidence to back that claim up?

and i'm not really all that fussed about the pretend compassion for 'small businesses' and faux rage about monuments from people who think damaging our country, embarrasing us internationally and almost crashing our economy is just fine

Then why do you support them? The Democrats I mean.

patrickt
10-18-2013, 10:46 PM

There are a lot of studies comparing government salaries with the private sector but none support your comment. Since, as usual, you give no supporting evidence that will be another lie for now.

If international embarrassment were any concern to liberals they would not be supporting the clown in the White House. Israel and Palestine, I'll be more flexible with Russia after the election, Syria, Benghazi. Arming Mexican drug cartels. A total lack of transparency is an international embarrassment.

No international embarrassment is policy in this White House and now we have John Kerry adding to it. Of course, if you're trying to say that attempts to constrain liberal spending is an international embarrassment, consider Europe. Greece might give you a moments reflection. Uncontrolled spending is not good, Jillian.

I will grant you that the liberals don't even pretend to have compassion for business, small or otherwise. They hate them. Conservatives actually value businesses. Only a liberal would brag that he's going to bankrupt industries. Only liberals would suggest that taxes should be used to destroy industries.

Peter1469
10-19-2013, 12:22 AM
the grounds need to be maintained by the government. that costs money. it appeared to me that the right was only worried about the optics of the shutdown and tried to use the idea of a vets memorial to do their usual "the left hates the military" rant. i'm sorry, cruz standing and protesting the effects of his own orchestrated shutdown was one of the more disingenuous things i've ever seen.

and what really affected the vets was the shutdown's effect on processing VA claims.

That is silly. The government spent more money to block the memorial than it would cost to keep the grass at an acceptable height.

Kalkin
10-19-2013, 12:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDuds14OBiE
Here's some more food for thought regarding the "shutdown" and obama's political gamesmanship:

Did anyone besides me wonder how they got all those signs printed and distributed far and wide, including to all the national parks and cemeteries overseas only eight to ten hours after the government shut down? Take a look at this from someone who wanted to remain anonymous.

I have worked in the government on and off for 40 years. During that time I became quite familiar with requisitions, bidding, awarding contracts etc. It is a time consuming process with bean-counters and pencil-necked bureaucrats every step of the way. The simplest request takes months not days or hours.

In less than 8 hours of the shutdown, miraculously, professionally printed 3X4 foot signs appeared all over the country in the tens of thousands saying-“this [park, facility, etc. with custom logos] closed due to government shutdown. There has not been a government shutdown in 17 years. These signs were designed, specifications were determined, signs were then requisitioned, bids were posted and vetted, government contracts were awarded. The materials were then ordered and the signs manufactured then distributed U.S. Mails or freight companies.

This shutdown was orchestrated and planned well in advance at least 6-8 months ago. Millions of tax dollars were appropriated and spent in this process. There is a paper trail a mile long leading directly to the White House.

zelmo1234
10-19-2013, 02:20 AM
the government shut down wasn't a ruse. the teaparty was told it wouldn't get them anything. they thought they could extort from the president something that they couldn't get in 42 votes and a supreme court case. it wasn't ever going to happen.

the debt ceiling shouldn't be wildly anything... it is simply payment for what congress already spent. it was done 13 or 18 times under reagan (i forget which) and was never anything but an administrative act until this president was in the white house.

It would seem that once again our resident Obama worshiper and idiot in chief does not know her behind form a hole in the ground.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/25/here-is-every-previous-government-shutdown-why-they-happened-and-how-they-ended/

Government shut downs are used all the time! And of course the main reason! Budgetary differences.

zelmo1234
10-19-2013, 02:23 AM
Yes some of them did file.

They missed two weeks not two months.

Pay will be expedited and if they can't make rent because of a two week vacation hopefully they learned a valuable lesson. Always have money for emergency$.

Now you know that liberals do not need an emergency fund, that is what Obama bucks are for!

zelmo1234
10-19-2013, 02:28 AM

Nope Wrong again.

http://www.nationalreview.com/346990/federal-employee-pay-vs-private-sector-employee-pay

Not to mention that most of them don't do anything.

Look at the recent shutdown, when the president has to five the directive to make the cuts as painful as possible, just to get people to notice that some 800 thousand workers did not show up for work?

Looks to me like we need to get rid of about 700 thousand of them

GrassrootsConservative
10-19-2013, 02:28 AM
Here's some more food for thought regarding the "shutdown" and obama's political gamesmanship:

Kalkin could you please source this information? I would like to read the rest of whatever article you got it from.

Also this will keep one of the snobby Liberal witches from harassing you about it later.

zelmo1234
10-19-2013, 02:31 AM
That is silly. The government spent more money to block the memorial than it would cost to keep the grass at an acceptable height.

Not to mention that the people were volunteering to do it for free. And in my opinion we should take them up on it and let the people take care of the parks and the monuments.

The Folks understand that we are broke and would gladly step up to the plate.

patrickt
10-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Not to mention that the people were volunteering to do it for free. And in my opinion we should take them up on it and let the people take care of the parks and the monuments.

The Folks understand that we are broke and would gladly step up to the plate.

That's another negative for liberals. When I was working I was giving a presentation for police managers on some of our volunteer programs. I was getting badgered and harassed by two men in the back of the room to the point the audience turned on them and demanded to know who they were and what they were doing.

Well, they were representatives from the police union from a nearby town. They explained the "volunteers" reduced the need for more police officers and the unions position was that volunteers shouldn't exist. It saved the citizens money but it was costing the union money. So, for at least one government union, volunteers are bad and to be done away with.

And some years ago in Chicago a few idealistic young teachers set up after-school classes for remedial reading and remedial math. Just the basic. After a slow start and a few successes the athletic department started sending most of the athletes to the afternoon sessions. Parents heard about it and sent their kids. When it got very popular the union stepped in and demanded that the teachers stop volunteering their time. They got an injunction stopping the program.

Not only is the government not your friend but the government workers have their own agenda and it certainly doesn't involve service to the citizens or saving money.

Ravi
10-19-2013, 05:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDuds14OBiEI watched a little of that. The guy seems like your average birfer conspiracy theorist. I am thankful he has the word "former" in his title.

countryboy
10-19-2013, 07:10 AM

So, once again @jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719) makes a bogus statement, then runs away. Typical. Repeat a lie often enough, and it is still a lie, but the chances of some liberal drone believing it go up exponentially.

Oh look, this post received a thanks. I rest my case. :rolleyes:

jillian
10-19-2013, 07:23 AM
So, once again @jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719) makes a bogus statement, then runs away. Typical. Repeat a lie often enough, and it is still a lie, but the chances of some liberal drone believing it go up exponentially.

Oh look, this post received a thanks. I rest my case. :rolleyes:

runs away? i posted that at 11:29. some of us have lives and actually do other things -- even sleep.

i can't help it if you're reality averse and need to be educated about even the simplest concepts.

The gap in pay between federal employees and private-sector workers has jumped 8 percentage points since last year, according to new data presented at a Federal Salary Council meeting Friday.
On average, federal employees earn 34 percent less than their private-sector counterparts, according to the council's analysis.

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/520/3085581/Pay-gap-between-government-private-sector-widens-to-34-percent

now stop ranting and raving like a lunatic.

you can apologize any time.

countryboy
10-19-2013, 07:34 AM
runs away? i posted that at 11:29. some of us have lives and actually do other things -- even sleep.

i can't help it if you're reality averse and need to be educated about even the simplest concepts.

http://www.federalnewsradio.com/520/3085581/Pay-gap-between-government-private-sector-widens-to-34-percent

now stop ranting and raving like a lunatic.

you can apologize any time.
I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you will believe any propaganda presented as long as it supports the left. :(

This federal agency disagrees with your religious beliefs. http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/207439-federal-workers-get-16-percent-more-than-private-sector-cbo-finds

Now, who do we believe? An organization, "which is made up of labor representatives and pay experts, makes recommendations on federal pay to the President's Pay Agent". Or, the CBO? To be honest, I don't trust either. But I seriously doubt federal workers are hurting.

countryboy
10-19-2013, 07:43 AM
A little more detail from the CBO, concerning compensation of federal workers. Notice the .gov extension. Are you going to refute your Master and Savior jillian?
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/42921

jillian
10-19-2013, 07:51 AM
A little more detail from the CBO, concerning compensation of federal workers. Notice the .gov extension. Are you going to refute your Master and Savior @jillian (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=719)?
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/42921

master and savior? only rightwingnuts use terms like that. i think in terms of credible information. again, i'm sorry your comprehension and knowledge is limited, but if you look at my first post to you on this subject, i said they get BENEFITS to compensate for lower salaries.

so again, say you're sorry and stop flailing...

you screwed up.

end of story countryboy

and, honestly, i find your contempt for federal workers to be kind of petty and sad.

grow up.

patrickt
10-19-2013, 07:59 AM
Jillian: " i think in terms of credible information."

Now that is funny.

countryboy
10-19-2013, 07:59 AM
master and savior? only rightwingnuts use terms like that. i think in terms of credible information. again, i'm sorry your comprehension and knowledge is limited, but if you look at my first post to you on this subject, i said they get BENEFITS to compensate for lower salaries.

so again, say you're sorry and stop flailing...

you screwed up.

end of story @countryboy (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=452)

and, honestly, i find your contempt for federal workers to be kind of petty and sad.

grow up.
That is simply not true. Please look at the graph I posted from the CBO. Can you refute it with actual evidence?

I find your worship of the Federal Goobermint to be pathetic, but not sad. ZEIG HEIL!!!!!

Ravi
10-19-2013, 08:47 AM
ZEIG HEIL!!!!!^now that is sad. What the hell is wrong with you?

Kalkin
10-19-2013, 09:35 AM
@Kalkin (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=683) could you please source this information? I would like to read the rest of whatever article you got it from.

Also this will keep one of the snobby Liberal witches from harassing you about it later.
Unfortunately, it came in an email from my uncle. I knew there would some questions as to it's source, but it's really not necessary. The point is that those signs were printed and ready to go, which is indisputable fact.

Kalkin
10-19-2013, 09:44 AM
^now that is sad. What the hell is wrong with you?
I found it funny and incisive. Mostly because it illustrates the blind devotion of gov-nuts to their new age bureaucratic messiah: big centralized authoritarian government.

Chris
10-19-2013, 10:49 AM

How did closing the monuments maintain the grounds? Besides, some dude did that for free.

The point was not that the left hates the military, you all supported Obama's push to attack Syria, no, the point was how Obama targeted certain places and agencies to make the people suffer and turn against his foes, but all he did was hoist his own petard.

I don't expect a partisan like you to understand that.

Chris
10-19-2013, 10:52 AM

The tea party is a grassroots movement, jillian, it's not a political party like the Dems and Reps who caused this.

the debt ceiling shouldn't be wildly anything... it is simply payment

The debt ceiling is payment? As your faux rage rants rise your making sense lowers.

Chris
10-19-2013, 10:52 AM
what on earth are you spewing about?

Pot meet kettle.

Chris
10-19-2013, 10:55 AM
That's a lie. The right did care. The radical left was punishing Americans and loving it. That would include you, Jillian, and your pretended outrage is pitiful.

Agree, 100%. The left is merely gloating, claiming the recent compromise some sort of winning. I think this will hurt them in the long run.

Chris
10-19-2013, 10:57 AM
I watched a little of that. The guy seems like your average birfer conspiracy theorist. I am thankful he has the word "former" in his title.

This snarki comment by ravi is why the left has the appearance of hating the military, jillian.

Alyosha
10-19-2013, 11:01 AM
I found it funny and incisive. Mostly because it illustrates the blind devotion of gov-nuts to their new age bureaucratic messiah: big centralized authoritarian government.

Statism is certainly a religion, as you can see from the slavish devotees on here. What is a terrible thing for citizens to do is acceptable if the government does it. Most people don't even bother to question this, ironically, those people being some of the same who have "Question Authority" bumper stickers on their cars.

For example, murder is wrong unless the state does it. In every single war thousands who never were involved in the events or decisions leading up to it are killed, but we never question that because "all governments do it".

patrickt
10-19-2013, 11:12 AM
This snarki comment by ravi is why the left has the appearance of hating the military, jillian.

Appearance of hating? They hate the military. They hate the U.S. They hate Republicans. They hate rich people. They don't hate black people. They simply have disdain for black people. The left thrives on hatred. Without class warfare, racial division, gender division, education division, location division, what would they have. They really can't brag about their spend/borrow/tax agenda.

Chris
10-19-2013, 11:29 AM
^now that is sad. What the hell is wrong with you?

What's wrong is your deceptively leaving out his full statement in response to jillian: "I find your worship of the Federal Goobermint to be pathetic, but not sad. ZEIG HEIL!!!!!"

Chris
10-19-2013, 11:32 AM
Appearance of hating? They hate the military. They hate the U.S. They hate Republicans. They hate rich people. They don't hate black people. They simply have disdain for black people. The left thrives on hatred. Without class warfare, racial division, gender division, education division, location division, what would they have. They really can't brag about their spend/borrow/tax agenda.

True, except to me it is just feel good faux rage. IOW, if they make this show of being enrage over what they perceive as injustice it makes them feel good without actually doing anything more than demanding government do something for them.

Ravi
10-19-2013, 11:53 AM

Yeah, whatever. That the guy started lying almost as soon as his mic was turned on is why the teapees have become the butt of all jokes.

Alyosha
10-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Yeah, whatever. That the guy started lying almost as soon as his mic was turned on is why the teapees have become the butt of all jokes.

A lot of people are the butt of jokes for lying Ravi

http://www.drugwarmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/obama-reddit.jpg

patrickt
10-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Gee, Ravi, they're the butt of all jokes. You must watch no one but Bill Maher. You ignore the universal punch line, "It was George Bush's fault."

Michelle Obama announced she was pregnant and within fifteen minutes Jay Carney had called a press briefing where he announced the pregnancy was George Bush's fault.

President Obama had the shortest press conference in history when he stood, announced everything was George Bush's fault and left without taking questions.

Chris
10-19-2013, 12:24 PM

What lies, ravi, you've demonstrated nothing but your snarkiness. The guy is an ex-Navy SEAL, not a Tea Partier--why the lying flame bait?.

patrickt
10-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Get with the program, Ravi. All you have to do is raise your chin, look down your nose, and say, "It's George Bush's fault."

Peter1469
10-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I didn't get the impression that the ex-Navy Seal was a Tea Party(ies) type. I guess he is an Oath-keeper (http://oathkeepers.org/oath/).

GrassrootsConservative
10-19-2013, 04:04 PM
I didn't get the impression that the ex-Navy Seal was a Tea Party(ies) type. I guess he is an Oath-keeper (http://oathkeepers.org/oath/).

Ah. Sworn to serve the country, and not the government.

No wonder the left doesn't like him very much.

Ravi
10-19-2013, 05:47 PM
What lies, ravi, you've demonstrated nothing but your snarkiness. The guy is an ex-Navy SEAL, not a Tea Partier--why the lying flame bait?.
1, no one called for martial law. 2, Obama wasn't trying to goad stupid vets (and yes, some vets are stupid, thankfully they are a small minority) into something to allow Obama to declare martial law.

Credulous you are. FOX News once again proved themselves to be nothing but a propaganda site. And as usual, you swallowed.

Ravi
10-19-2013, 05:48 PM

Is there a real difference?

Agravan
10-19-2013, 05:52 PM
Is there a real difference?
If you took the time to actually study each of these groups, you'd be able to answer your own question. Unless, of course, you enjoy being ignorant and just following the party line.

Chris
10-19-2013, 06:25 PM

From link:

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of current and formerly serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution
Our motto is "Not on our watch!"

http://i.snag.gy/pJpVP.jpg

Minute men.

Mainecoons
10-19-2013, 08:16 PM

It was abuse and bullying from a petty tyrant and thug in the White House, pure and simple.